• Published 29th Dec 2012
  • 5,672 Views, 653 Comments

Jak and Daxter: The Equestrian Front - distortedtruth92



Jak and Daxter Get Transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 653
 5,672

Where The Hell Are My Pants?

Jak, Daxter, and Kiera stand before the newly discovered rift gate, pondering what to do.

“I think it should just be the two of you,” Kiera states suddenly.

“Why?” Jak seems confused by Kiera not wanting to go with him. They do everything together now.

“I need to stay here with daddy. He could go any day now, but this new dimension may need a hero like you immediately.” She gives Jak a kiss. “Be careful and return home.”

Jak looks at her with a sly smile. “When am I not careful?”

“How about all the time.” She gives him a gentle shove. “Now go, before it closes.”

Jak looks down at the Ottsel at his feet. “C'mon, Dax. You ready for another adventure?”

“Am I wearing pants,” Daxter replies enthusiastically as he climbs up Jak's body to rest on his perch on his companion's shoulder.

Jak walks over to the rift rider and gets in. He looks over to Kiera. “I'll be back before you know it. Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

Jak pushes the red button on the rider, and he and Daxter are launched forward into the rift gate. The duo is surrounded by a blue aura as they shoot through the tube, the rift rider shaking violently.

Suddenly, the rider breaks apart, send the two flying forward. Daxter yells out in fear, gripping Jak's shoulder for dear life.


Princess Celestia was holding midday court, listening kindly to all the grievances her subjects brought before her.

“My Princess,” an earth pony with a royal blue coat and golden mane was saying, “My daughter has been kidnapped by Diamond Dogs. I request assistance in rescuing her.”

Celestia looks at the man sympathetically. She smiles warmly at him. “It shall be done, sir. I will send ten of my guard with you.”

The stallion bows low to the ground. “Thank you, my Princ-”

He is cut short as Celestia holds up her hoof and looks around. She had sensed a disturbance in the magic in the air around her. In the ceiling, a vortex open up and an earth pony is dumped out, screaming, along with a screaming rodent. The two crash to the ground at Celestia's feet, dazed. The pony has a deep, royal blue coat. His mane, while blonde, is green at the roots. As he stands up, she realizes that he is a little small for a full grown stallion, but his muscle tone belies his size. The creature next to him is some sort of otter, but it has some weasel in it, too.

The stallion stands up shakily next to his unconscious companion. He looks around at the room, noticing all the ponies watching him with wide eyes. He looks at his body and his eyes go wide. He opens his mouth to speak. “Where the hell are my pants?”

The stallions voice seems to break the crowd out of its stunned silence. Everypony tries to speak at once, while guards rush forward and detain the new stallion, ushering him away from the Princess.


Jak gets a serious sense of deja vu as the guards whisk him away.

“Not again,” he mutters to himself. At least this time they took Daxter, too.

Jak doesn't resist as he is taken away, still not being used to this new body. It's like his brain tells his back left leg to move but his back right leg moves instead. So, instead of wasting energy, he complies with them, though he does not make it easy by hanging limp in their hooves.

The guards take him down several flights of stairs before finally depositing him in a dank, damp dungeon. One candle lights the inside of the cell, revealing smooth, grey stone. No signs of erosion whatsoever, even with the dampness. There is a pile of straw in one corner, he assumes that is where he is supposed to sleep. In the opposite corner as the “bed” is a hole which he assumes is for a latrine. All in all, definitely not the worst dungeon he has been in.

Jak walks, stumbles actually, over to the unconscious Daxter and prods his best friend with a hoof. The Ottsel wakes up with a shout.

“Wha-? Who? Where?” He looks at Jak. “Who the hell are you?”

“Dax, it's me, Jak.”

“Jak?” Daxter looks at his friend with widening eyes. “You're a... You're a... horse!” He finishes the last with a howl of laughter as he falls onto his back, rolling around. “You're a horse!”

“He's a pony actually,” A soft, motherly voice floats through the bars. Jak looks up and sees the being he saw before. More like crashed in front of. She is at least twice his size with an alabaster coat. She looks more regal than anything he has ever seen. She has a huge horn protruding from the top of her head. Huge eagles wings are folded against her back. Her multi-hued mane is blowing as if in a gentle breeze, though there was not even a hint of one in this dungeon.

Jak tries to gallop over to the bars, but trips over his own feet and ends up smashing his face into them instead. After righting himself, he growls at her, “Who are you, and why have you stuck me in this cell?”

The being looks taken aback by Jak's tone. “I am Princess Celestia, ruler of all of Equestria. I hope you do realize it is impolite to ask for someone's name before you give them yours.”

“And I hope you realize it is impolite to throw someone in a dungeon for no reason at all.”

Princess Celestia bows her head in apology. “I am sorry for the way my guards treated you. They were doing their job. They had no idea if you were dangerous or not and would not risk my safety. Now my I please ask you and your companion's names.

Jak glares at her before giving in under her kindly stare. “My name is Jak, and this right here is Daxter.”

“Well, I am pleased to meet both of you-”

“I wish I could say the same,” Jak interrupts.

Princess Celestia continues as if the was no interruption, “Now if I gathered anything from what Daxter said to you before I introduced myself, you are not from this world.” Only the tilt of her head makes it a question.

“I think you can be correct in assuming that.”

“I see. And what brought you here to Equestria?”

“Well it was this thing called a Rift Gate.”

“I believe I have heard of those. I have never found one though.”

Jak's head droops as she says this, Knowing he has to find another Rift Gate if he ever wants to go home.

“Now,” Celestia says sternly, “can I assume that you are docile enough to be let out of your cell?”

Jak and Daxter both nod.

“Very well then. I know you will be wanting to search for your Rift Gate, but you will need to learn some about our culture if you are to make any head way. And, who knows? You might even make friends.”

Jak looks up at her. “What do I have to do?”

Celestia unlocks the cell door with her magic, causing Daxter to hide behind Jak's right foreleg. “I am sending you to the town of Ponyville. There, the Elements of Harmony will teach you what you need to know.”

Author's Note:

I've been mulling over this idea for a while. My favorite video game crossed with my favorite TV show. i hope y'all enjoy it.
Love,
Distorted