• Published 29th Dec 2012
  • 5,671 Views, 653 Comments

Jak and Daxter: The Equestrian Front - distortedtruth92



Jak and Daxter Get Transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 653
 5,671

On His Own Part II

Daxter angrily walks down the ramp of the clubhouse. He hears Jak call after him, but he ignores it, still livid with his former companion. As he hits the bottom of the ramp, the rain starts to pour down. As he takes another step, a sob escapes his throat. The rain doesn't bother him because the tears don't seem to show. He makes his way to the nearest lit building and curls up on the doorstep, underneath the awning. Slowly, tears running down his face, he falls asleep.

Daxter is woken up by a blood curling scream. He rolls over to see a white unicorn, standing above him, a broom held in its blue magical aura. Daxter waves his paws in front of his face. “Rarity, calm down! It's just me!”

Rarity lowers the broom, her eyes change from surprise to sympathy when she notices that Daxter is shivering. “Oh, you poor dear.” She ushers him in with a hoof. “Come in. Come in. Let's get you warmed up.” She pushes him up to the bathroom. She turns the hot water on high and shoves him underneath the stream of water. “When you are done, come down stairs. I need to talk to you.”

“Okay,” Daxter replies savoring the euphoric feeling of the hot water over his body. After soaking under the shower for fifteen minutes, lathering himself copiously with soap and rising, he step out of the shower and dries off. He walks down the stairs to see Rarity sitting at the table, sipping on a mug of tea, another mug sitting opposite her.

Rarity looks up as his paw touches the landing. “Please sit, Daxter. Have a cup of tea.”

Daxter sits down in the chair with a “Thank you.”

Rarity nods once. “I was wondering why you weren't with Jak.” She tilts her head, making it a question.

Daxter lowers his head. “We had an argument last night at the Crusaders' club house. I left him after he hit me.”

Rarity's eyes widen in shock. So is it true that Twilight kicked the both of you out of the library?”

Daxter keeps his eyes on the table. “Yeah. We were late for dinner last night after they had a misunderstanding.”

“I thought there was more to it than she was telling. She seemed really distressed last night. She said that Jak lied to her then stood her up after she cooked dinner for him.”

“Well he didn't lie to her. He just never mentioned that he had had a girlfriend back home.”

Rarity looks into her mug. “I see. Well, If I were you, I would go see her and try to talk things out.”

Daxter nods once before hopping out of his chair. “Thanks Rarity.”

“No trouble at all, darling.”

Daxter walks out of Carousel Boutique and heads to the library. He knocks three times on the door. The top half opens and Twilight glares at him. “What do you want?”

Daxter raises his paws defensively. “I just want to talk.”

“About what,” she says tersely.

“You and Jak.”

Twilight harrumphs. “I have nothing to say about that stallion.”

“Please, Twili-”

“Daxter! Twilight!”

The mare and the Ottsel look up to see the three Cutie Mark Crusaders galloping towards them.

“What's wrong girls?” Twilight asks as the fillies reach the door.

“Jak is in trouble!” Applebloom yells. “He is in a fight with three manticores.”

“WHAT!” Twilight screams. She bursts out of the door. “Come on, Daxter. Scootaloo, you're the fastest of you three. Lead the way. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, stay here. Let's go Scootaloo.” The orange filly nods and takes off toward the Everfree Forest. “What was he doing in there?”

“I don't know,” the pegasus replies. “He just told us is good to know us, then left. We followed him, of course, but when we saw the manticores, we knew we needed to come get help.”

“I'm glad you did, we need to hurry.” Twilight keeps running behind Scootaloo, Daxter on her back. After seven minutes of hard galloping, the trio comes upon the clearing. Jak is lying limp, pinned down by a manticore. Two more of the creatures lie dead next to them. “JAK!” Twilight yells. Her eyes flare as her dark self takes over. She lowers her horn as she charges. The manticore barely has time to look up before getting impaled in the stomach. It howls in agony as it is thrown off its prey. It gets up and prepares to charge. Before it can move, however, Twilight blasts it with a beam of black magic, causing it to crumple to the forest floor, dead. Twilight slowly comes back to herself.

“Wow,” Daxter says, “that was almost as bad ass as when Jak transforms.”

“Daxter,” Twilight reproaches, “there is a young one present.”

“Oh, right.” He looks to Scootaloo. “Sorry, kid.”

“We can't worry about that now,” Twilight states. “We need to get Jak to the hospital. Scootaloo, run ahead and tell the hospital to prep a room. If you see any of my friends on the way, tell them to come help me. I don't know if I can carry him the whole way. That transformation takes a lot out of me.” Scootaloo gives a small salute and gallops away. Twilight looks to Daxter. “Help me get him on my back. I can't carry him with magic right now.”

“Right,” Daxter says.


Jak wakes up in a familiar room. Damn it. I'm in the hospital again. He looks over to his right to see Twilight there, staring at him. At the sight of his open eyes, she bursts into tears. “I'm so sorry. I should have never blown up at you. A-and when I saw y-your injuries, I thought th-that I would lose you.”

Jak reaches out and pulls Twilight into a tight hug. “Hey, I'm fine.” He kisses her on the forehead. “Besides,” he looks at the clock. It reads 12:01 A.M. “I can't let my special somepony be sad on Hearts and Hooves Day.”

“Twilight looks up to him with a watery smile. She leans in a kisses him deeply. When she finally breaks the kiss, she looks into his eyes. “Happy Hearts and Hooves, Jak.”

“Happy Hearts and Hooves, Twilight.”

Author's Note:

Okay. I am proud to announce that this slightly depressing arc is over. If the ending of this chapter is rushed, that's because it is. I wanted to finish this before midnight but, alas, I did not. I blame my friends who were over during the first three fourths of this chapter. Have a good night everypony.
Love,
Distorted