• Published 29th Dec 2012
  • 5,673 Views, 653 Comments

Jak and Daxter: The Equestrian Front - distortedtruth92



Jak and Daxter Get Transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 653
 5,673

Breaking Bonds

Jak looks up at the mare who had just smashed his face with a pan. He looks down at his body and notices that he is covered in spaghetti sauce. He looks at Twilight sheepishly. “Sorry,” he says with a shrug.

Sorry!?” Twilight yells. She turns to Spike. “Oh, he's sorry, Spike. It's not like I spent two hours making this dinner for him. He comes home an hour late, when the dinner is cold and says sorry.” She turns back to Jak, advancing on him. “You can sleep somewhere else tonight.”

Jak stands up and bows his head. “Of course. I deserve it for making you wait after you made this wonderfully smelling dinner. He turns and walks out. “Come on, Dax.” Daxter jumps onto his back as he walks out into the night, shutting the door softly.

Jak makes his way all the way to the town square before he hears a thunderclap overhead. He looks up just in time for rain to get into his nostrils. He snorts, trying to clear his nose of the horrible feeling. “Damn it. This blows.”

“Hey Jak!” he hears somepony yell from his right. He turns and sees Rainbow Dash flying towards him. She hovers a few feet above the ground in front of him. “What are you doing out in this rain?”

“Well, uh,” Jak hangs his head, “Twilight and I had a, um, misunderstanding, and she kicked me out for the night.”

“Wow, bummer. You need me to help ya look for a place to stay?”

Jak shakes his head. “No thanks. I'm going to stay at the Cutie Mark Crusaders' club house, seeing as I'm one of them now, apparently.”

Rainbow chuckles softly. “Oh, yeah. I heard those three talking about that earlier.” She turns around and waves a hoof. “See ya, Jak. You too, Dax. I hope things get better with you and Twilight. I'll put in a good word for you.”

“Thanks Dash.” The cyan pegasus speeds away.

Jak and Daxter make their way silently to the club house. Jak, shivering from the rain, curls up on the rug in the center of the floor and lays his head down. Daxter, seeking warmth, curls up next to his companion. The two are asleep quickly.

Jak wakes up to the sound of hoofsteps coming up the ramp to the clubhouse. He opens one eye to see out of. It is still dark outside, and, though distant thunder can still be heard, the rain has stopped.

Voices drift up to him. “Are you sure about this, Lathyrus?” one asked timidly. “I hear this stallion is quite dangerous.”

“No, Elyl, I'm not sure, but the boss said to rough 'im up, so we rough 'im up,” the one named Lathyrus replied.

As the two step into the club house, Jak can barely see the silhouette of two ponies. The duo make their way to Jak.

“See,” Lathyrus whispers. “Sleeping like a baby.”

“Y-yeah,” Elyl mutters. “Let's just get this over with.”

“Fine by me.” Lathyrus raises a hoof, ready to strike.

Jak jumps up and tackles the offending pony to the ground. A flash of lighting reveals a scared pair of amber eyes beneath a black hood. Jak snarls at the earth pony beneath him, his eyes flashing pitch black. “Who the hell sent you?”

“B-Blueblood. Please don't kill me!” the pony screams. His friend had retreated to a corner and proceeds to cower away from Jak.

“Oh, I won't kill you. How could I send a message to your boss? No. I want you to tell him, that if he sends anypony else to 'rough me up,' I will hunt him down and I will kill him. Tell him if he brings a gun, I'll bring an arsenal.” Jak pushes of the scared pony. “Now, scram before I decide to kill one of you.”

Lathyrus scrambles to his feet and runs out the door, Elyl close behind.

Jak sits down on his haunches and begins rubbing his hooves against his temples. Daxter, who had woken up during the scuffle, walks over to him. “That was brutal, Jak. I don't think I've ever seen you threaten to kill someone. Well, besides Baron Praxis, but he had it coming.”

Jak looks down to his fuzzy companion. “Sorry, Dax. I guess I'm just stressed out.”

Dax looks at Jak knowingly. “You know what you need? A woman. Maybe Twilight-”

“Shut up, Daxter!” Jak yells, throwing out a hoof, catching Daxter and sending him into the opposite wall.

“Fine!” Daxter yells as he stands up. “I was just trying to ease the tension. I'll see you later, Jak.” He strides out of the club house, into the night.”

“Daxter, wait!” Jak calls after the Ottsel. He runs to the doorway, but his friend is already gone.

Jak crawls back to the rugs and curls up into a ball. He hears the rain start to fall again, but all he can think about is his friend. He lies there as the first sob in years escapes his throat. Then another. He lays there and lets the tears flow down his face, coming with the same speed as the rain outside.

Author's Note:

It's short. It's sad. It's here. The Prince Blueblood arc. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing. Sort of. Thanks to Vehemence for letting me use artistic license with his OC's. Also I need new OC's so here is the next contest. Who is My favorite Brony musician. They are currently tied so I will take either one or the other. Thanks for reading.
Love,
Distorted