• Published 29th Dec 2012
  • 5,672 Views, 653 Comments

Jak and Daxter: The Equestrian Front - distortedtruth92



Jak and Daxter Get Transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 653
 5,672

Don't Cry Over Thrown Eggs

Jak wakes up earlier than normal due to the fact that his left forelegs is numb from the purple unicorn sleeping on it. He stifles a yawn before carefully extracting himself from the bed without waking Twilight. He moves gingerly around Spike's bed and heads out the door. He makes his way to the kitchen and starts looking for stuff to make breakfast. After rummaging through the fridge, he emerges with a carton of eggs, milk, and soy bacon. He sets them down on the counter with a sigh. “God, I miss meat.”

“What was that?”

Jak turns around and sees Twilight standing in the doorway. “I was just saying how I miss meat.” He shuffles his feet. “Sorry if I woke you.”

Twilight walks over and stand next to him. “It's OK, I slept later than I usually do anyway. Wait, did you say meat? Like, as in animals?” She looks shocked.

“Yeah,” Jak replies, oblivious to Twilight's look. “My favorite was yakow, only Kiera could cook it right, though.”

Twilight's look changes to one of suspicion. “Who's Kiera?”

“Oh, she was my girlfriend back ho-” Jak stops talking as he recognizes the tone in Twilight's voice. Looking at her, he notices anger in her eyes. “Oh, sh-” he drops an egg, ctting off the rest of what he was going to say.

Twilight moves closer to him, glaring daggers. “You have a girlfriend, and you didn't feel the need to mention her?”

Jak backpedals. “T-Twilight, I can explain.”

“I don't want to hear your explanations, Jak!” she yells. “What I want to hear is the sound of you leaving this house! I can't believe I was falling for you!”

Jak turns tail and starts galloping, as he exits the kitchen, an egg hits the floor next to him.

“Hey, wazgoinon?” Daxter asks as he descends the stairs, rubbing his eyes.

“Hurry and get on, Dax!” Jak practically shouts as another egg smashes against his flank. “I'll explain later.”

Just then, Twilight appears, holding another egg in her magical grip. “OUT!”

Daxter jumps on to Jak's back quickly. “What did you do to piss her off?” he says as Jak bursts through the front door.

Jak slows down to a trot as he gets a good distance from the library. “I might have mentioned Kiera.”

“Bad move, Jak. Bad move.” He shakes his head. “You never mention past girlfriends to the current one.”

“I know that, Dax. It kinda just slipped out.”

“Eh, well. Things will work out. They always do for you.”

“Now you sound like Samos.”

“Yeah, well don't get used to it. I can only spare wisdom only once in a blue moon.”

Jak rolls his eyes. “I've noticed.”

“Hey, what's that supposed to mean?” Daxter swats at Jak's head.

Jak laughs. “Oh, nothing. We should probably find someplace to lay low while Twilight's anger is running hot.”

“How about there?” Daxter points to a tree house about twenty feet in front of them.

“Sounds good to me.” Jak walks up the ramp and into the tree house. It has multiple posters on the wall, including a badly drawn map of Ponyville. Some of the landmarks have X's over them.

“It looks like whoever lives here is plotting something against the town,” Daxter says skeptically.

“Yeah, whatever,” Jak replies with a yawn. He curls up on the rug in the middle of the room. “If anypony comes in bent on world destruction, wake me up.”

“Will do, Cap'n.” Daxter salutes, but Jak is already asleep. Daxter turns around and watches the door. He stands there for about twenty minutes before his own eyes start to droop. “Hmm, maybe a little nap.” He closes his eyes and falls to the floor in a heap, already passed out.


Twilight glared at the door that Jak had just exited, her chest heaving from anger. How dare he? How dare he kiss me even when he has a marefriend? How dare he come into my bed? She lets out an angry grunt and looks around her library. Her expression softens at the sight of all the eggs splattered on the floor.

“Twilight?”

“WHAT?!” she yells at the unsuspecting dragon.

Spikes jumps back. “Sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you.” He turns to head back up the stairs.

“Spike, wait,” Twilight says, her voice calm now. “I'm not angry at you. I'm angry at him.” Twilight glares at the door again.”

“Who?”

“Jak. He played like he was into me and then just tells me he has a marefriend.”

“Really?” Spike asks, “Who is it?”

“Somepony from his home world.”

“Oh,” Spike replies, understanding dawning on his face. “I see.” At the distraught look on Twilight's face, he walks over to his caretaker and throws his arms around her neck in an embrace. “It's OK, Twilight. Trust me, he does like you. I can see it in his eyes. I also can tell he is loyal. I think the reason he even started going with you was because he doesn't think he will be going home. He is trying to start a new life, and he wants you to be in that new life.”

Twilight breaks the hug and holds Spike at foreleg length, a look of incredulity on her face. “What if you're right, Spike? What if I've ruined everything? I've got to find him.” She releases the dragon and bolts out the door.

Spike looks to the door and then to the mess on the floor. He lets out a tired sigh. “You're welcome.”


“Who is it?”

“Ah don't know. Ah think Ah've seen him with Applejack and her friends before.”

“Scootaloo, you should wake him up.”

“Why me?”

“Because yer the one that found him here.”

“Oh, alright.”

Jak feels a hoof prod his side. “Hmm.” He opens his eyes to see three young fillies staring at him with wide eyes.”

“Hey, mister,” the one poking him, an orange pegasus with a purple mane and tail, says. “You're sleeping in our clubhouse.”

Jak stands up and looks over to Daxter, who is fast asleep. Some guard you are. He turns back to the fillies. “Sorry about that. I got evicted from my place of residence this morning and this was the first place I saw. I'm Jak by the way. May I ask your names?”

“I'm Scootaloo,” The orange one says.

“I'm Sweetie Belle,” a white unicorn with a purple and pink mane says.

“And Ah'm Applebloom,” the final one, a yellow earth pony with a red mane and a red bow, says.”

“And together we are THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS! YAY!” they all say in unison.

Daxter jumps awake with a yell of fear at the outburst. “Jak, we're under attack by three adorable fillies!”

“Yes, Daxter. I've noticed.” He turns back to the Crusaders. “What are the Cutie Mark Crusaders?”

The one named Applebloom speaks up. “A group for ponies by ponies to help ponies get there cutie marks. Speaking of, you don't have your cutie mark yet. D'ya wanna join?”

“Umm...”

“Pleeeeeaaase?” the girls say in unison again, all giving him puppy dog eyes.

“Oh, alright,” Jak says. “Where do I sign up?”

“No signing up, we just have to initiate you.”

“What does that enta-”

“There you are!”

Jak turns to see Twilight standing in the doorway. “How dare you storm out of the library with out explaining yourself!”

Jak backs away slowly. “But you said you didn't want- mmphg”

He is silenced by Twilight running over to him and covering his mouth with hers, tackling him to the ground. After a good minute, she breaks the kiss. Standing above him, she states, “Promise me you won't go chasing after any other mares.”

Jak nods frantically. “I-I promise.”

“Good. I expect you back at the library for dinner, but you are sleeping in your room tonight.”

Jak gulps and nods.

“Good. See you then.” She gives him a heartfelt smile. “See you later, girls.” She turns around and walks out, swaying her hips a bit excessively.

Author's Note:

Ever get that feeling when you have no idea what you want to write about, and an hour later you have over 1000 words of text. now i do. maybe i should start planning out chapters... nah that would take the fun from. Here it is guys. hope you like. nothing this weekend as I have military duty and then the super bowl. Ravens gon win. I might try to put something out after the game but don't expect it.
Love,
Distorted