• Published 29th Dec 2012
  • 5,671 Views, 653 Comments

Jak and Daxter: The Equestrian Front - distortedtruth92



Jak and Daxter Get Transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 653
 5,671

I Would Like To Rent A Room

The eight ponies turn in the direction of the scream, then hurry off without a word, Jak in the lead, Rainbow Dash and the two Princesses flying overhead.

They come to Fluttlershy's cottage and see a gruesome sight, even in the darkness of the night. A pony sized figure is hunched over the motionless form of the butter yellow pegasus, gnawing on her wing. The figure looks up at the sound of approaching hooves and growls at the group before retreating, clearly outnumbered.

The group hurries up to Fluttershy's body to see the extent of the damage. Half of her right wing is missing, in its place are strings of blood covered muscles and feathers. Jak runs a hoof through her mane, and it comes back slick with her blood. Her right foreleg had a chunk missing right above the hoof, blood and sinew spilling out.

“She's still alive, just barely,” Jak looks to Twilight. “She needs a doctor immediately. Can you teleport her to the hospital?”

Twilight mutely shakes her head. “N-no. It would not be safe considering how much blood she has lost.”

“Damn it,” Jak curses. He looks around, thinking of options. His eyes settle one the cyan colored, rainbow mane pegasus in the group. “You say you're the fastest flier in Equestria?”

“Well, yeah,” Rainbow Dash responds, then adds abrasively, “but what does that have to do with anything? One of my-”

She is silenced by a gesture from Jak. “Then prove it. Get Fluttershy to the hospital as quickly as possible. We will follow behind.”

Rainbow nods once before gently scooping up her bleeding friend, taking off into the night, a rainbow streak following in her wake.

“Come on, y'all,” Applejack says. “We better hurry.”

The ponies start galloping, but are stopped by growling behind them, coming from the forest. The seven ponies look behind them slowly. Facing them is a pack of fifteen wolves. Well, at least they had the shape of wolves. Their bodies seemed to be made of wood.

“Timberwolves,” Celestia says. “Everypony, run! They will not stray far from the forest!” The group of ponies turns and gallops away as fast as they can. After five minutes of running, the timberwolves have not stopped chasing them.

“Great plan, Princess,” Daxter interjects sarcastically. “They won't stray far from the forest.”

“They never do,” Celestia replies in a panicked tone. “They never have.”

Jak looks to the Princess's. “Can you carry the other four out of here?” They nod. “Then go. Take them to the hospital.”

“What about you?” Luna asks. At the determined look on Jak's face, she continues, “You don't plan on fighting them do you?” She looks shocked.

He nods once, “Of course, I do. I see no other option. Hurry!” The other ponies nod, and Twilight and Rarity clamber on to Celestia's back, Applejack and Pinkie Pie on Luna's. “I will meet you at the hospital.” The two Princesses take off into the night, and Jak turns back to face his pursuers.

“If we die from this, Jak,” Daxter yells, “I will never speak to you again. Obviously.”

Jak smiles, “C'mon, Dax. When have I even gotten us killed?”

“Yeah. Well now's not a good time to start.”

The timberwolves are upon them now, and attack with in a flurry of claws and teeth. Jak spins, lashing out his back hooves, clipping the jaws of some of the wolves, knocking them off. The wolves snarl in pain and lunge, again, at their prey. Jak dashes forward, right foreleg extended. He catches a wolf in the chest, the wolf splintering into a hundred pieces. Jak spins again, this time, the wolves being closer this time, he knocks of a few heads. As Jak turns to face his next attacker, he feels a sharp pain stretch across his back. He cries out in agony and bucks his back hooves out behind him. He feels wood splinter underneath his hooves. Another timberwolf takes advantage of Jak's momentary distractedness to take a chunk out of Jak's left foreleg. Jak cries out again. He spins again to give himself some room. He limps back a few steps to survey the situation.

His most recent spin kick took out another three wolves. There are now five left. Two of those five have missing lower jaws. The wolves are eyeing him warily. Jak sighs resignedly, then launches himself once more at the wolves, kicking and punching. Shattering chests and knocking of heads. A few minutes later, Jak stands in a pile of sticks, panting heavily.

“Well, now that that's out of the way...” he starts limping in the direction of the hospital.

“Uh, Jak?”

“Yeah, Dax?” Jak sounds tired.

“I don't think we're done yet.”

Jak turns around to see all the wood on the ground start glowing green.

“Well, sh-”

He is cut of by a loud creak as all the wooden parts of the various wolves start forming into one giant timberwolf. The wolf towers over him, at least three times his size.

“Well, double sh-”

He is interrupted again, this time by the beast roaring loud enough to be heard all throughout Equestria.

“Aw, COME ON!” Jak yells. “You're a big ass monster. The least you could do is have the decency to properly express my feelings.” He picks up a rock and throws it at the giant timberwolf. As luck would have it, the stone flew into the beast's mouth, lodging in its throat.

The timberwolf freezes. It reaches a claw up to its throat as it makes coughing noises. Suddenly, it completely stops moving, and falls forward, shattering into a thousand pieces.

“Huh?” Dax says. “That was anticlimactic.”

Jak frowns at the pile of wood, “Yeah, tell me about it.” He stays for a few minutes, making sure the beast will not regenerate again, and, finally, makes his way, limping, to the hospital.

As he enters through the sliding glass doors of the hospital, Jak is greeted by a rush of purple fur. As Twilight hugs him, he looks to Celestia. “How's Fluttershy?”

Celestia looks at him somberly, “She is stable, now. She will never be able to fly again, but her leg should mend. There will be scarring, however.”

“Is she awake?”

“No. Not yet. It is a sleep of tiredness, now, not the unconscious stupor she was in before.”

Jak nods once. He breaks Twilight's hug and limps over to a chair, where he leans back and heaves a tired sigh as he closes his eyes.

“You're hurt,” Celestia's tone is not a question.

“It's nothing,” Jak waves a his right forehoof to dismiss her worry.

“It certainly is not 'nothing,'” Twilight this time. “You have a bigger chunk out of your leg than Fluttershy. We are getting you in to see a doctor.” At Jak's protesting moan, she states loudly, “Now!”

Jak slowly gets up from his comfortable chair. “Yes, mom.” He limps up to the counter. “I would like to rent a room, please.”

The nurse, Redheart, Jak recognizes her, looks incredulous. “Sir, this is not a hotel where you can rent a room. This is a hospital. We treat the sick and injured.”

“Oh, right. Yeah I need that then.” Jak looks down and, for the first time notices bloody hoof prints on the floor. His bloody hoof prints. He then turns his gaze to his leg, which is still gushing blood. “He looks up to nurse Redheart. “Yeah, I think I'll take one of those rooms, now.” He promptly faints on the ground.

Author's Note:

Sorry guys if this chapter is poorly written. I'm watching the National Championship. Don't hate me, please, for that and for what happens to a certain pony in this chapter. Also, y'all are awesome. Thanks for reading.
Love,
Distorted