• Published 29th Dec 2012
  • 5,671 Views, 653 Comments

Jak and Daxter: The Equestrian Front - distortedtruth92



Jak and Daxter Get Transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 653
 5,671

Her Story (Part II)

Jaq and Distorted make their way down the long flight of steps into her laboratory. The walls around them are made of roughly cut stone. Due to the chill, Distorted Truth could tel that they were far underground. He follows his employer down the stairs, and, though she is still wearing her trademark lab coat, he is enjoying the view immensely. When they reach the bottom of the steps, the first thing he notices is the loud noise that was completely absent a moment before, as if them landing at the bottom of the steps had triggered some form of spell. Distorted follows Jaq to another unicorn in a lab coat. He has a ruddy coat with a green, spiked mane and tail. Over his eyes he is wearing a pair of tinted green goggles. On his left hoof he is wearing an old watch, probably an heirloom. The scientist turns as he hears Jaq and Distorted approaching.

“Dr. Circuit,” Jaq says flatly. “Have you found it yet?”

The stallion swallows loudly before answering. The room had gone deathly quiet at Jaq's words, as if everypony in the room was afraid of what she might do if given the wrong answer. Dr. Circuit to out a hoofkerchief and wiped the sweat from his brow. “N-not yet, M-master. Howe-”

“Not yet,” Jaq says with barely controlled rage. “You've had your entire team working on this project nonstop for the last week. Why the buck have you not found it. I WANT THAT GATE FOUND!” She calms down as she feels Distorted's hoof on her shoulder. She turns to the black earth pony and smiles. She looks back at the doctor. “I am sorry for shouting, Simple Circuit. Please go about your business as usual. I know you are trying your hardest.”

“Y-yes, Master. We actually have identified a fifty mile radius that the gate should be in.”

Jaq's ears perk up in interest. She raises an eyebrow. “Oh? Do tell.”

Circuit shifted his weight from hoof to hoof nervously. “Well we have found that the signal coming of this thing you call a Rift Gate is strongest in a circle that is fifty miles from Canterlot in any direction. We believe that the gate will be found somewhere in this area.”

Jaq raises a hoof to her chin. “Hmm.” She looks back up to the scientist. “Do you think you can have it found by the Gala?”

“I do not see why not, Master.”

“Very well. Let it be so or it will be on your head.” She turns around and starts walking back to the stairs. “Come on, Distorted. There is somepony else I want you to meet.”

Distorted looks back to the scientist and tries to give an apologetic look, but then realizes his face is covered. In the end, he just turns around and follows Jaq. “What was that all about?” He asks.

Jaq opens the door at the top of the staircase, and the two emerge into her apartment in Fillydelphia. She turns and bolts the metal door so none of the scientists can bother her. “As I have told you, I am not from this world. I was brought here by a thing called a Rift Gate. I know there is one on this world. However, so does my enemy. He plans on using it to get back to his world. I plan on preventing that.”

“Why?”

“Because I just love this world. Also for my plans for him in the next story.”

“What?”

“Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it, darling.” Jaq uses her magic to take off both her goggles and her lab coat and rested them on the coat rack.

Distorted is currently distracted by the view he is getting, forgetting his next question. As Jaq turns back around, Distorted quickly moves his eyes to her face. “So, uh, what are you going to do?”

Jaq puts a hoof to his lips. “Silly, that would be telling. Now come sit on the couch with me. Sing me a song with that beautiful voice of yours.”

“Yes, ma'am.” He sits back on the couch and slowly begins to sing a slow, sad song.
Little by little I've come to this point
On my own I've been searching my way
I lost so early
The days went so fast
You don't know how I prayed every day
A song to remember
A song to forget
You'll never know how I tried
To make you proud and to honor your name
But you never told me good bye
Now that you are done cast shadows from the past
You and all the memories will last.

As Distorted continued singing, Jaq leaned closer to him. As the last note faded, Jaq turned to Distorted and gave him a quick peck on the lips. “That was beautiful. Was that Kanterlot again?”

Distorted nods once.

“I really need to check them out. But now, we must pay our dear hero a visit.” She grabs her coat and googles and puts them on. “Come, put your hoof on me. It is high time you meat the one we are fighting.”

Distorted reaches a hoof out, wondering what this Jak character is like. As soon as he makes contact with Jaq's coat he is swallowed into darkness as the two teleport.

Author's Note:

Next chapter. It is short, but PLOT DEVELOPMENT FTW. I wanted to make this chapter a little longer but I failed. Sorry. Also here is the link for the song he was singing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGiZrJBLnYA
Love,
Distorted