• Published 14th Dec 2012
  • 482 Views, 5 Comments

The Alicorn General - tosety



Who were the original elements of harmony and what happened to them?

  • ...
4
 5
 482

A Proper Sendoff

A proper sendoff

Twilight came to rest on her hooves while everypony gaped at her, including herself.

She stared in wonder at her wings as she stretched them out slowly. She was now just shorter than Luna, and her mane and tail rippled with the newfound energies coursing through her body and mind.

Rarity was the first to find her tongue. “You look marvelous, amazing, dazzling, fantastic, spectacular, I said the Crystal Empire was beyond words, but this, this.... this is....”

Rarity’s mouth kept moving, but no more sound came out. Pinkie nudged her out of the way and bowed low.

“My liege.” Pinkie said with uncharacteristic formality.

“Hay, why isn’t anypony else bowing to our new princess?” Pinkie said with a scowl at the others. “Come on, Twi’s a princess now. We’re her friends, so we should be the first to honor her.”

After watching to make sure everypony else gave ‘proper homage’, Pinkie turned back to Twilight.

“OK, now that that’s been taken care of, let’s party!”

Jumping up on top of Twilight’s horn, she bent her head down and asked “So what kinda party do ya want? A slow, formal, stuffy party like nobility deserves?” She asked, hopping down and standing on her hind legs while miming ballroom dancing. The overly formal, even dour face Pinkie made caused all three alicorns to crack a smile.

“Or should it be a happy, cheering filled, dancing filled, super duper awesome shindig?” Pinkie all but shouted, igniting her party cannon for emphasis.

“Or, would we have lots and lots of games?” Pinkie asked, dragging Applejack over.

With a loud pop, Twilight suddenly returned to normal.

“OH NO OH NO OH NO!!!!!!!! I’msosorryyoulookedsolovelyandnowyou’rejustaunicornagainandIhopeitwasn’tmyfault!!!!!”

“Calm down, Pinkie.” Twilight said as she got herself out of her sobbing pink friend’s bear hug. “It’s okay, it’s just not time yet, okay?” She continued, carefully covering up her own shock and disappointment.

After calming down, Pinkie asked with a sniffle “Can we still have the party?”

Twilight used the time Pinkie was talking to remove the look of disappointment from her face. “Well, I don’t know, we’re going to heal Starswirl, and I don’t think we should really get sidetracked from that. She’s suffered way too long as it is.”

Twilight turned to her teacher and asked “What do you think, Princess?”

Celestia smiled enigmatically and replied “I do want you to leave as soon as possible, and that doesn't give us time to have a full party.... but this sort of mission should be started in the morning, not the late afternoon," With as wink at Pinkie, she continued "so I do think that we can throw together a feast for tonight as a sendoff party.”

Pinkie replied by running over and giving the ruler of Equestria a giant bear hug. “That will be perfect” she whispered to her princess.

Everypony, unsure of what to say after this emotion filled turn of events, stood up and started to exit the chamber. Pinkie, of course, dashed off to the kitchens to start preparations for the feast. Twilight, on the other hoof, glanced meaningfully at Celestia, and they stayed in the room a few moments after everypony else left.

“What went wrong?”

“I don’t think anything went wrong, my faithful student. I think your answer to Pinkie was the full and honest truth” With that, Celestia reached a hoof up to gently touch Twilight’s cheek, turned and left to follow the others.

***

The party was true Pinkie Pie style. Even though it was a banquet, she made sure there was music and a dance floor, but what made it really special was everypony that was invited.

Despite all the good friends, she still couldn’t help peeking at the Book of Harmony to see if she could find an answer for her reversion.

“Hay, Twilight, even if you find an answer in there, it’s still not gonna help you. I think right now, you need some friendship more than you need knowledge.”

“You’re right, AJ.” Twilight said, closing the book and handing it to Applejack. “Could you please keep this safe for me?”

As Applejack trotted off to put the book with the supplies being gathered for their trip, Twilight scanned the room, finding Celestia whispering something to Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash and Luna watching everypony with a wistful smile on her face.

After the party, she climbed into bed and thought.

So, what exactly happened? Was I not ready? Did we not have enough power to make the spell stick? Most importantly, why doesn’t it bother me that much? I’m constantly thinking about it, but it’s a mystery that I have a compulsion to solve, not a horrible disappointment I have to come to terms with.

Cadence... and Shining, it’s sad that they’re living too far away to have been able to make it today... wait, Cadence... why doesn’t she have the aura that Princesses Celestia and Luna have? Is there more to being an alicorn than wings and a horn? Even now, I feel magics within me I didn’t have before..

Did I choose not to have wings?

As she drifted off to sleep she heard a voice say “Nice, job, Sparkles, now you’re truly ready”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment