• Published 28th Nov 2012
  • 2,200 Views, 32 Comments

My Special Somepony Fluttershy - Hypstir-Brony



You are a guy that always loved Fluttershy but don't know how to get to her

  • ...
36
 32
 2,200

Conflict and Emotions

Fiction - My Special Somepony : Fluttershy
Chapter 1 : Conflict and Emotions

Hello, reader. My name is Charles. I am like your average guy. Better yet, I am the average guy. I am not outstanding. I am not extraordinary. I am just your everyday guy, but there is one thing I have yet to mention; I’m in love with a butter-colored Pegasus with a pink mane, pink tail, and pink butterflies on her flank named Fluttershy. I have not told anyone about my love as, if I did, my friends wouldn't consider it praiseworthy. I know that she does not exist as it is impossible for an animated creature from a children’s television show to be real. There is a reason why I don’t tell my friends I am in love with Fluttershy because the last time I mentioned the words “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” and “cool” in the same sentence I was automatically called gay, girly, weirdo, etc. Even though I am called those names, I still love the show and that special character.

I actually have a miniature, Fluttershy doll in my pocket every day just to get past the day. Every day at lunch I take the miniature, Fluttershy doll out and comb her hair with the comb that came with her when I bought her at the local Target. The weird thing is that no one really notices me doing that, even at lunch. It is like no one really cares that I have a pony toy sitting on the table in front of everyone while my head is eye level with the table combing a yellow and pink toy throughout the entire lunch period while talking to it as if it were real. As the day goes by, I can’t wait to get home so that I can get on my laptop and watch a whole episode about Fluttershy called “Putting Your Hoof Down.” Even though I already know what happens, I just can’t get enough of it. At the
end of school, I ride the bus home as usual and the bus is ten minutes late to pick us up. I get home anxious and impatient to get in the house until I open the door, and I see my family members sitting in the living room staring at me as if I did something wrong.

As I walk in the house, I imagine the episode and think of myself watching it and celebrate Fluttershy’s newly found courage, but it is totally different. I see my mother, father, two brothers, grandmother, grandfather, and, unexpectedly, my best friend Luis just sitting there. The women have tears in their eyes and the males have a look of disappointment in their eyes.

Then my father says, “Son, we need to talk. About your addiction to the show and to an animated character.” Those words trail off in my head, lingering there for a vast amount of time until my mind registers what he said.

“I-I....um w-wh-what d-do you m-mean ad-addiction?” my stuttering starts to act up, showing that I am a horrible liar.

“We mean your addiction to Fluttershy. Is that what you called it? Hmm, yes, Fluttershy,” my father says.

“SHE IS A HER, NOT AN IT!” I scream as I notice what I had just said. The only thing I can do is slump back into a chair that was placed for me to sit there.

“No, man, it’s an it, dude, no point in arguing, you not gonna win this fight,” my older brother says without hesitation.

Shocked, I panic. My heart is racing. My back is against a metaphorical wall. I
can feel sweat seeping out of my forehead. I am burning up both inside and out as if I were dumped into vat of smoldering-hot, liquid metal.

I notice my mother start to say, “Dear, I know you’re a teenage boy and your emotions are running wild but you can’t be in love with something that does not exist,” she says. Her eyes are full of doubt and care as if I had some kind of incurable disease that will cost me my life.

As this so-called “intervention” continues, I hear my family ridicule me about the show and my special somepony. My father says, “your addiction is tearing this family apart. Before now, you weren't interested in these ponies, but now you are. Is this peer pressure? Is this a fad? If it is, don’t follow the crowd, be yourself.” The only reason why they think it is bad is that they have never seen the show.

“Charles, I know how you feel, and I have no problem with it, but you are throwing your life away for a pony, not a girl, but a pony,” says Luis.

“L-Luis w-why did you say that, I had such great esteem for you and this is how you react, by saying I am throwing my life away.” I continue to say “I have known you for most of my life. We are like blood, and I know you better than I know my own brothers, but this crosses the line.”

My hand grips the miniature, Fluttershy doll and I feel a sharp pain in said hand. I yank my hand out of my pocket, and I see that my hand is swollen, red and white from the pressure build up around the white spots. As I take out my toy, I grow calmer as I know that if I ever have that doll with me, I am okay, but, immediately, it was snatched away. I look up, and I see my father with my doll in his hand by our now lit fireplace. It is as if time stopped for me as I see my father toss my special somepony in the fireplace.

It burns instantly.

As the smell of burnt plastic enters my nose, I drop to my knees, tears well up in my eyes, and I hear my father saying something and my brothers applaud him generously. With that in my head, playing over and over again, I get angry. I get so angry that I throw a vase that was in arms reach of me at the wall. The vase shatters into many porcelain shards, which leaves the wall dented and the floor coated. With anger and sadness rapidly increasing, I run out of the door while shedding tears like a dog’s fur in the summer. I am racing down the block, not looking back to see if they are following me to take me back to the house or if they called the police to go after me. I just ran. I run for a good while until I spot some woods that I go in without any knowledge of what could be in there. I don’t care because it is better than being at that house. I am tired mentally, emotionally, and physically. I am so tired that I pass out.

I woke up to the sound of birds singing their pretty tunes. As I sat up, my body felt like lead.

“I haven’t run for that long and that far since I don’t know when.”

I am still dazed. My eyes are crusted, and I am barely able to open them until I rub them off, just to have the sun shoot me in the face with pure light, which makes my eyesight worse than it already is. I stand up while checking my surroundings, and everything looks normal, and nothing changed since before I passed out. Out in the distance, I hear movement, and a man’s saying “There is nowhere else he could be, search everywhere in these woods until we find him.” From the noise of a walkie-talkie he must be a police officer. This makes fear rush down my spine, and I race off while trying to make as little noise as possible in the woods full of twigs and leaves. It’s hard,
but somehow I do not draw attention to myself, which makes me happy, but it is a bitter-sweet feeling because I know it is a matter of time until they find me, but I have to keep running as long as I can.

Breathing heavily, I collapse right before the end of the woods where I can see sunshine and bright green grass at least twenty feet away, but I can’t make it. My legs are at their limit, and, in the background, I hear someone yell, “I SEE SOMETHING, I THINK IT’S HIM!”

My heart sinks like a stone in a freshwater creek. Memories flash before my eyes of times I had been enjoying my being a brony, the episode that made me into a brony, my first toy figure, my first group experience with other bronies, and my first realization that I love Fluttershy. “No,” I think, “I can’t give up now and I certainly can’t go back now. Even though I am at my breaking point.” I hold steadfast. I fill my body with a second wind, accelerating me forward into the grassy plain, but I stop
mid stride, dumbfounded as I see something that I will never have thought to have seen.

I see a butter-yellow pegasus with a pink mane, a pink tail, and three butterflies on her flank. I hear a soft and quiet voice fill my ears. She is halfway between my chest and stomach on all fours. She has a beautiful frame, and she is both slender and long but with some weight such that she doesn't look scrawny. Her big, green eyes have delicate eyelashes that look like black silk. Her cute smile can melt any man’s heart while making him cringe over while saying, “HHHNNNNGGGGHHH,” while gripping his chest. She is beautiful, she is magnificent.

She was my special somepony, Fluttershy.

My mind is in overdrive, and thoughts well inside my brain. A multitude of emotions try to show on my face, but I hold them back. I know I can’t hold them for long. I think about going up to her and saying, “hi.” At first, that plan seems very laudable, but then I remember that she is named Fluttershy for a reason, and she would be terrified to see a human thing talking to her as if he knew her personally. I also remember that she is not scared of animals or any non-hooved mammals. I begin to argue with myself by saying, “don’t be stupid. Try it, maybe she won’t be scared. Why should I care, she is not supposed to be real.” I quickly throw that out of my mind because, if there is love, anything could happen. That doesn't help. I start to go insane right then and there as my mind is overrun, but I can’t do anything. I am stuck in an unending paradox of questions that answers the last but not the first. “I can’t take it,” I say, and I go off into the field and walk behind Fluttershy. I lightly tap her shoulder and say “Uh um F-Fluttershy h-hi I lo-.”

Fluttershy jumps slightly and turns around right as I am saying love and says to me with her gorgeous smile, “Hi, and you are?”

I falter as she does not get scared at the sight of me. As I try to sum up my words, nervousness rushes into me, but her smile completely makes it vanish, and,
with that, my mind was clear.

“I’m Charles, but you can call me Charlie,” I say, “you’re not scared of me.”

“No, you actually seem to have this nice feeling around you. It’s like an aura of kindness and honesty,” Fluttershy says, which gives me yet another smile that makes
my heart explode. She then says something that makes me feel dizzy, “Are you lost? If so, I don’t mind if you stay at my cottage as long you want, okay?”

“Yes yes yes,” I say frantically, instantly losing my composure. I reorient myself and regain composure. I then say, “yes, I would love that.”

“Okay then, follow me to my cottage and I will make some room for you to stay for the time being,” she says as she walks while motioning for me to come along with her hoof.

Before leaving, I acclaim, “Fluttershy, your kindness and care for everything is the reason why I love you,” without really noticing myself that I say that out loud until I hear those words echo in silence, leaving me stunned. I swear that I want to hit myself in the gut.

“I’m flattered that you said that about me, and it seems that I will enjoy your company a little more,” she said while blushing and turning her face so that I wouldn’t notice. I know what is happening, Fluttershy has a new-found crush on a human. That human is me. Boy, am I happy to see the day that I come back home and rub it in everyone’s face. As we walk to her home, I can only reminisce about the time before all this happened, the situation at home, my running into the woods, my spending the day in said woods, the whole “momentary insanity,” my meeting someone, or should I say somepony, who might have feelings for me, and the double confession that we shared. My heart is in full spring, beating rapidly in my chest. Butterflies are filling my stomach. My mind is cluttered with images, and I play out scenes of what could happen, but I am too ahead of myself. I should be thankful that I am even in this situation, and if I could have it any other way or not have ran away in the first place, I wouldn't change a thing.
Right now, I’m with my special somepony named Fluttershy, and I wouldn't have it any
other way in the world right now. The End.

Comments ( 31 )

...you're really not making a strong case for yourself here, dude.

I dont think its bad... but it needs some work... nice concept though:applejackunsure::duck:

Not bad, but it could really use some work. It just doesn't feel...organic.

You are a teen and you parents does not approve of your love for an inanimate character, but one day you find yourself right in front of her. What would you do.

This seems interesting, you get yourself an editor and I may read it. Oh and fix the errors in the description

Delightfully horrid.

but one day you find yourself right in front of her. What would you do.

Know what I'd do if Fluttershy manifested herself into existence? I'd try to comfort the obviously terrified mare and hopefully earn her friendship. But my dick isn't getting anywhere near her.

1701674
Think of where her head is in relation to you. Yeah it is. :pinkiehappy:

Oh, oh my god. This is bad. Not like, trollfic bad, just creepy, serial killer photos-covering-a-wall type of bad. Like, this fic touched me and I can never show you where bad.

My father says, “your addiction is tearing this family apart.

farm8.staticflickr.com/7199/6872169209_fb0b5ff3b1_o.jpg
You're tearing this family apart, Charles!
:pinkiesick:

I get so angry that I throw a vase that was in arms reach of me at the wall. The vase shatters into many porcelain shards, which leaves the wall dented and the floor coated. With anger and sadness rapidly increasing, I run out of the door while shedding tears like a dog’s fur in the summer

[youtube=sLs-PkfUS2g]
I swear to God, I think this fic was written as an incredibly subtle homage to The Room.

“No, you actually seem to have this nice feeling around you. It’s like an aura of kindness and honesty,” Fluttershy says

It smells astonishingly like tears, flopsweat, and shame.

My mind is cluttered with images, and I play out scenes of what could happen, but I am too ahead of myself.

:derpyderp2: He-looooo Uncle Bad Touch
i.ytimg.com/vi/Vjuac2BgsbU/0.jpg

I-I just—wow. Just wow.

1701794 Let me rephrase that. My NAKED/ERECT dick isn't getting anywhere near her.

meh i was lazy a fuck when this came top. I never wanted this as serious just a y'kno fuck it. But on the brighter side I am gettin serious about an OC i made and I am actaully puttin thought into this and not just derp words together and roll the fuckin dice. (sorry for cursin but meh) Also I was never really gud at ship, just sad, dark, and action really. I hate stories without dept so I was goin to discard this and i wanted to see if anyone else agreed and this is not a reflection of me on any level I do not have an addiction to fluttershy nor am i a pysco-pussy who bitches about a toy :facehoof:. - Orpheus Spectrum :twilightsmile:

My emotions while reading: :ajbemused::applecry::facehoof::rainbowhuh::fluttershyouch:
No offense:pinkiehappy:

meh i was lazy a fuck when this came top. I never wanted this as serious just a y'kno fuck it. But on the brighter side I am gettin serious about an OC i made and I am actaully puttin thought into this and not just derp words together and roll the fuckin dice. (sorry for cursin but meh) Also I was never really gud at ship, just sad, dark, and action really. I hate stories without dept so I was goin to discard this and i wanted to see if anyone else agreed and this is not a reflection of me on any level I do not have an addiction to fluttershy nor am i a pysco-pussy who bitches about a toy :facehoof:. - Orpheus Spectrum :twilightsmile:

This could work I guess but your going to need to write another now that the Grammer Nazis have attacked your fic.:ajsleepy:
Get a editor and work on it!:ajsmug:

Dude, I like this story. not the best I've ever read, but It's still really good. I don't know why so many people have disliked it. Could be better written, but it's better than what I've got on the site. I hope you do make more chapters for this, this was pretty good in my opinion

As I say this again "I know it is bad, It was intentional, I was not serious. If your going to hate then please hate on the serious Fiction I make instead. Okay. Great, I don't like writing Ship Fictions and I don't intend to do so, if you like sad, dark, action type fictions your in luck because that is what I do. NO SHIPPING! This is a Beta test I already knew is horrible so stop bitching please." Now that That is out the way please expect a deeper story than this crap I threw together.
- Orpheus Spectrum :twilightsmile:

1702246
Why would you put your name at the bottom of your comment? I can clearly see that it's you by your name to the left of your post. Why have it there twice?

1702419
It is a thing I do whenever I post something or anything. it is just to show my "Politeness" so to speak. It would be rude just to write something even though my is specified, I at least need to show my gratitude okay?
- Orpheus Spectrum

Wow... Well, This certainly needs work, obviously. It was an ok concept, but you executed it terribly. I suggest finding a decent co-writer that would be willing to help you along the way. Overall, this story can be saved, only by doing a major re-write, and filling in a lot of holes in the story (no pun intended)

Good luck, and stay awesome! :twilightsmile:

i repeat this isnt serious i was never going to finish this so its just random ok? I dont want to continue this!

1701968

I'm pleased to hear that, because there is a thin line between loving a show and needing a therapist, and the poor soul in this fic didn't just step over the line, he pole vaulted across.

Okay I got good news. I am making an OC story called "A Lonesome Spark shadows a Pegasus" yes the name is long but you will understand once you read it. Let me tell you this, it is not ship and it is very sad but happy, well bitter sweet. It is also kind of dark to an extent so don't expect something like "Darkness of Love" or "The Spread of Darkness" type of dark but type that would make you think. So stay tuned, I have some friends who are helping me with grammar and plot sequence and other stuff like that. I am going to give you the name of the "First" chapter, it is a prologue and it will catch I promise.
- Orpheus Spectrum :twilightsmile:
P.S.
I do put my name even though it is listed, I do out of manners when I am informing or saying something important and not just a regular sentence.

Fiction - A Lonesome Spark shadows a Pegasus
Chapter 1 - Fate Sparks new Life
There you go. And with that let your imagination go wild.
- Orpheus Spectrum:twilightsmile:

1702591
maybe she is okay because he is an animal

Login or register to comment