• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 1,058 Views, 18 Comments

Dementia's Decay - Pernix



The journal of Onyx Glare, left to rot in the ruins of what used to be Equestria.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,058

Farewell (Extended Ending)

I must admit, you ponies are humorous creatures.

You go to sleep everynight, being sure to lock your doors and windows, knowing that you'll be safe enough to see the light of the next day. Why does this comfort you? Are you all certain that some glass panes and wooden planks with handles will keep anything that disrupts your pleasure out of your homes?

You are all so used to this imaginary comfort zone that you've conjured up in those pliable minds of yours.

You never actually wake up to the reality of your lives. You remain oblivious to the simple truth of the matter.

You are not in control.

There are greater forces at work in your existence. You all bow and worship the "great leader Celestia", so convinced that your lives will be forever incased in an aura of harmony.

You think that something as simple as royalty and magic will protect you?

You think that one ignorant being can save you from despair?

The mind is only as powerful as the influence that controls it. I do believe I've made this quite clear now.

It was so very fun to watch as your perfect little society picked itself apart piece by piece. The society that you tried so hard to bond in the magic of friendship and harmony.

This little journal has shown how insecure and insignificant you all really are. To read as one of your kind frantically jotted down words drenched in fear and insanity.

You ponies are so pitiful. A pitiful race that has well-deservedly perished.



Good riddance,

Discord

Comments ( 14 )

This is an insanely good story. It's really depressing, and was wonderfully written. Excellent job friend! :twistnerd::unsuresweetie::yay::trollestia::moustache::eeyup::duck:

99025 Thank you very much, KakePro! I admit, it's not my normal writing style, but I definitely had a lot of fun writing it. In a non-sadistic way, of course. :pinkiecrazy:

BRICKS WERE SHAT. :pinkiegasp:

99201 Mission accomplished. :moustache:

At first I was like :rainbowhuh:
But then I :pinkiegasp:

So. Lovecraft with ponies. Yeah, not really surprised it finally happened.

First off, great story. Wonderful, horrible atmosphere, steadily increasing stakes, a slow descent into the throes of madness. Bloodfester tongues.

There's only one point that bothers me a bit, back in "Happenings." While it makes sense that the narrator would be able to walk around the castle while everyone was going insane, you also mention that he's apparently had free-reign of the castle before then, to the point of being able to enter Luna's room. I can believe that your OC is friends with the main six easily enough, but being on such good terms with the goddesses seems to be a bit Gary Stu, if you don't mind me saying so.

Otherwise, absolutely loved your story. Even if I do prefer endings with a bit more light...

99267 Many thanks to you!

I suppose I should have been a bit more precise in detail in that entry. I meant for my OC to have certain professional relations with the two princesses, but not to the point of intrusion into their rooms. I meant to word the entry to where the OC simply catches a glimpse into the room, through an open door, then proceeds to exit the castle. Not to enter, or even walk up to the door of the room, per se. That was an error on my part.

Very professional critique, indeed. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the story.

99395 Your welcome! BTW, If you were wondering about Amnesia: Scootaloo, I might be a bit distracted from it. I plan on making a Metal Gear Solid crossover, atleast starting it.

hmm i seem to still be sane so i mst have enjoyed that right?

I... I hate to say it but... THIS WAS QUITE AWESOME... though depressing. I need to go read a comedy now.

BUT... It is very well written. I'm glad I read it.

So the pitiful ponies finally died off hah that's why I sold my soul and everything is in control

*Slowly starts rocking back and forth* "Everything is under controll.... Everything is under controll.... Everything is under controll.... Everything is under controll.... Everything is under controll....EVERY TH- HAHAHAHHHHHEHEHEHHHHHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAWWAWAWAWA! :pinkiecrazy:

168745 ring around the Rosie..
Pockets full of posies.....
Ashes...Ashes...
..we..all...fall.....DOWN.......

Login or register to comment