• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 1,058 Views, 18 Comments

Dementia's Decay - Pernix



The journal of Onyx Glare, left to rot in the ruins of what used to be Equestria.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,058

Dementia

They're all dead. Everypony, gone. My best friends, neighbors, and everypony else. They're all gone now. It's just me. I'm the only one left.

The road home is lined up with dead ponies. They took themselves and killed each other in different ways. Some hung themselves, some drowned... there were even pegasi that cut their wings off, then jumped from the clouds to their deaths. The murders speak for themselves.

In a matter of days, all of Ponyville, if not all of Equestria, has died out to this madness. To this chaos. To this insanity.

I can feel it gnawing at me. It slowly eats away at my core. It tries to get me to break, but I won't. I won't let it.

I don't know. Maybe I should stop writing for a while. Maybe this will all clear up. Maybe it's all a dream, and I'll wake up in the morning in a cold sweat.

That's it. I'm dreaming. That has to be it! None of this is real, it's just one big nightmare!

I need to wake up. Yes, I need to wake myself up.

I'll get the knife, and wake myself up. Don't worry, everypony... I'll be home soon.

I'll be home very soon. Everything is under control.