• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 1,058 Views, 18 Comments

Dementia's Decay - Pernix



The journal of Onyx Glare, left to rot in the ruins of what used to be Equestria.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,058

Change

I went into town today, to let everypony know what happened last night. I tried to contain my tears, but failed each time I tried to conjure up the words to speak. One of my closest friends... dead. I made sure she received a proper burial. I wish I could do more.

Whatever's going on is taking it's toll. Everypony in Ponyville is acting strange. Although most ponies stayed indoors today, others walked around the streets with blank, frightened stares. They all looked distracted by something, but what?

I tried speaking with my other friends today. Something is definitely wrong now.

They were all inside their homes when I showed up at each individual's house. They opened their doors slowly, and gave me the same stare that everypony else had. Their eyes delved into my very soul, as I could tell that something frightened them.

I told each pony about Pinkie's death. I expected them to be as heartbroken as I was.

I was wrong.

Each time I told the story, I received the same response from each pony: nothing. They all just continued to stare at me, and remain stolid in attitude and tone. They weren't even fazed by the horrible misfortune that befell our mutual friend. Even Fluttershy, the most sensitive pony I know, continued to give me that awful stare, with no emotional response to the death of our friend.

These are not the ponies I once knew. And for once, I'm genuinely scared.

Tomorrow, I'm going to check Pinkie's home. There has to be a reason behind her drowning.