• Published 31st Dec 2011
  • 1,058 Views, 18 Comments

Dementia's Decay - Pernix



The journal of Onyx Glare, left to rot in the ruins of what used to be Equestria.

  • ...
5
 18
 1,058

Outing

The picnic is going great so far. Everypony showed up as planned, and we're all having a great time.

Twilight brought clover sandwiches, being meticulous as ever with the details. Pinkie brought her special cupcakes, still refusing to reveal her secret ingredient. Applejack brought some of the Apple Family's famous apple treats, which I'm still attempting to wear off after eating so many. Rarity brought a couple of hoof-picked gems for Spike, although he decided to keep a few special ones as heartfelt gifts.

Dash offered me another race, which I denied the first few times. She reiterated her challenge like a broken record, until I finally accepted. Same terms as last time, to the Everfree Forest and back. Same outcome as last time, too. Yet, I once again had a lot of fun.

We all sat down and just started chatting, telling interesting tales of our individual adventures in life. Pinkie went on for a good half-hour talking about her parties, while the rest of us simply smiled and nodded as she went on. It's times like these when I wish I could have even more time with my friends. It's them who make my life worthwhile.

I'd better quit writing for now. Dash is challenging me to a race, once again.