• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 41,580 Views, 3,503 Comments

The Return of Princess Nightmare Moon - Aegis Shield



Nightmare Moon returns as a battered, half-starved alicorn and its up to everypony to help her. Meanwhile, Blueblood lusts after Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
123
 3,503
 41,580

The Grand Galloping Gala (III of III)

The Return of Princess Nightmare Moon
Part 21: The Grand Galloping Gala (III of III)

Aegis Shield and Stalwart Hide dashed into the room, gaping in horror. Their changeling companions were spilled out over the floor like limp dolls. There were spatters of orange blood across one of the walls, and blobs of green goo beneath a hanging pod.

“Pupa! Pupa -sweetie speak to me!” Stalwart Hide cradled his love into his arms, flinging himself onto his belly to hold her close and pat at her cheek a few times. “Why don’t they wake up?!”

“Geode! Geode, oh my Faust!” Aegis found that all of the blood flung about the room horror-movie style was hers. She’d been brutally beaten, probably left for dead, and her carapace had horrific cracks all over it. One of her legs was broken, and she was just as limp as her twin. “What happened to them?!” He pulled her head to his chest, shaking like a leaf. He was a royal guard of the palace of Equestria, but never had he seen such brutality in his life. He wept over her freely.

“W-we’ve gotta do something. Do something, call a doctor!” Stalwart Hide shrieked at his brother. He shook Pupa firmly, but she was out like a light. She had no physical signs of injury, but who knew what was keeping her unconscious like that? It couldn’t be normal, it couldn’t be good. The poor pony knew nothing about changeling physiology, but it didn’t take a genius to see she was hurting somehow. When he shifted to hold her close, she gave a drunken moan. His ears perked, hope glimmering in his eyes— but she turned and went limp again. Laying her out on her back, he pawed at her here and there. Had she been struck over the head? It was hard to look for bruises when her entire body was basically like armor.

“G-geode?” Aegis leaned until there were merely inches between them. He could feel her labored breathing. Just barely, barely breathing. “She’s alive!” he turned to tell his brother. He leaned and pressed the side of his muzzle to hers, nuzzling slowly. She whimpered, stirring a little. Her eyes slitted open. “Bon…?” he whispered to her in twin-speak while her eyes were focusing.

“B…bon?” she whispered in confusion. His face slowly came into focus, and her pained expression softened into a happy one. She shook a little, and he held her closer as though to keep her warm. “Tak-oo-mah-eelio…” she coughed a little, and he wiped the blood from her mouth. “Mada-ehh…” He gaped at her in shock. Bandaid had done this?! The whimpy little nurse stallion?! “Na-dah-boom-cho-nee… *cough*…” she put a shaking hoof on his chest, whimpering pathetically. Oh. Oh wow. Even being under orders, that was… that was… the poor stallion could not hate her. When one’s Royal commanded, it was a guard’s duty to obey. And Geode had been broken to pieces for it. Ohhh, it wasn’t fair! Geode was good! She was loving and flirty and beautiful and… and…! It wasn’t fair!

Aegis nuzzled her again, his eyes soft and doe-like. Was she dying? Would she ever be the same? Very suddenly a piece of her broken leg carapace came away like black eggshell. He thought he might vomit for a moment, looking at the exposed muscles and veins beneath. “Bon, eye-neelio!” he sobbed, tears streaming down his cheeks. She keened a little, cupping his cheek. He looked at her blearily. “Geode…” he whispered softly, tucking his ears down as his lip quivered. He was radiating love. Sweet, syrupy love that filled the air like so much tantalizing perfume. Hormones, magic, raw emotion, it was like the dungeon had suddenly become a changeling’s pantry. Geode could feel it sinking into her like so much medicinal lotion. Her feelers extended, pulling in the love particles like a magnet. Her body coiled and squirmed about a little. The raw urge to clamp her fangs into him was devastating, and she gave a little shriek that startled him. She turned sideways and a massive piece of her breast carapace fell away. Aegis moaned, unable to look at it. He tucked her head under his cheek, rocking her back and forth as he cried.

He didn’t see the new shells beginning to form on her leg, nor her chest. Geode squirmed, itching like mad. Love didn’t have to be sucked out with one’s fangs, it could just as easily be absorbed through the air, or taken if it was willingly given— oh so willingly! The changeling had never been the object of anypony’s love before. It was like the sun coddling a single tree, giving it all its light and energy and brightness. She curled into him orgasmically, her wings breaking free and straightening themselves. As he cried and nuzzled her miserably, his tears dripped over closing cracks in her carapace. Her leg crackled back into place and the platelets within realigned themselves. Muscles began to knit. Her hole-filled hoof rose, curling around his neck to pull him closer. Thinking her miserable and in pain, Aegis clung to her desperately. She fed on his radiating love, and her fangs never even came into view. She fed, and she fed, and her body rushed to repair itself while receiving such a bounty. She ached, and gave a slight chirp when the cracks over her eyes and face finally clicked closed. Her back-plates snapped back into place and her wings folded properly before they were hidden. “Gerf.” She said in twin-speak after a time. Aegis Shield startled, pulling back so he could look at her. “Beeno-gonda-whait?” She smiled, her eyes soft.

The stallion stared at her, blown away. Why… why she looked just like new! She eyed him up and down, tilting her head curiously. He looked at his own strange appearance. The bat wings. The yellow eyes. The grey fur. He was still in Princess Nightmare’s outfit she’d made for him. “Stooma.” He said coyly, eyes glistening with tears. Then he could take it no more. “BON!” he yelped passionately, mashing his lips to hers. She barely had time to tilt her head and not get her nose mooshed.
Red hearts exploded across Geode’s vision, and her hooves rushed through his gorgeous mane. Her wings rose, displaying their odd patterns and lighting colors. She whimpered happily into the kiss, and even chittered when the stallion’s tongue shyly came to taste hers. The kiss deepened and he could only gasp through his nostrils. By the time both of them had to breathe, Geode was feeling stuffed. The love weighed in her belly like a great big meal and she felt like it was nap time now. Her lids were getting droopy.

Aegis Shield looked over to see his twin had had much the same luck, for his kisses were ending and Pupa was squirming happily. Whatever strange sleep had possessed her had been revived by Stalwart Hide’s loving kiss. Just like a fairy tale! Both brother’s caught each other’s eye. They looked at their marefriends. Then at each other. “Buck this. Let’s go.” They said in unison, getting their changeling loves onto their backs. Both females clung weakly, quite full and sleepy from the massive meal they’d received. The sister’s looked at each other. This was… kind of nice, really. To be fussed over, to be loved on and kissed. They didn’t get that back at the hive. They were practically forbidden fruit, none of the drones would touch them. Not these handsome studs, though. The girls smiled to each other, laying their heads down on their stallions’ withers. They could definitely get used to this.

Turning, the boys peeked out into the hall and snuck away. Let the gods and parasite queens and cranky nurses play their power games. As far as the two sets of twins were concerned, they were out of here. WAY out of here! They took the narrow tunnels up out of the dungeons, and started to make their way through the castle.

=-----=-----=-----=-----=

Blueblood blinked at Twilight Sparkle from one of the juice bars in the ball room at the Gala. Why was she alone up there? Where was Celestia? He frowned, putting a few bits down to pay for his apple juice on the rocks and started forward. Something was most certainly wrong, he could see the distress on her face from way over there. What could drive a Princess from one of the most important balls of the year? He didn’t know, but he wasn’t about to let Twilight stand up there all on her own in front of so many strangers.

“Why, you must be Prince Blueblood!” A white mare with a purple mane suddenly POPPED out of the crowd like an apparition from a coffin, startling him. “I’ve heard such things about you! My name is Rarity, from Rarity’s Boutique Magnifique!” she gave her mane a lovely, practiced toss. “I can’t believe I actually get to meet you here, in… in this place…” she watched him try to lean over her, and she stood on her hoofy-tips to try and regain his gaze. He leaned to the right, “And… and here at the gala…” she was trying very hard indeed.

“Yes. I am Prince Blueblood.” He said shortly, sighing in resignation. This skirt-chaser was persistant, he would have to give her a minute or two before rescuing fair Twilight. “And what a charming stallion you must be here with.” He hinted.

“Oh no, darling, I came looking for a special somepony.” She fluttered her eyelashes at him. Oh my Faust she was laying it on thick. No tact at all, he could practically see the stars in her eyes as she gazed upon his perfect white coat and golden locks. “Perhaps you might… fill in for me? A dance?” she gestured to the dance floor, where slow music was being played and stiffly-dressed couples were already swaying to a rather drollish tune.

Blueblood’s nose wrinkled. He didn’t have time for this, and she was not giving him an inch. “I’m not much of a dancer.” He lied, ohhhh my Faust he lied. He was an excellent dancer, and he knew it. He’d been practicing for weeks to please Twilight Sparkle— not to press up against some odd pale prince-chaser.

“Why that’s alright, I’m sure we could figure out a nice… bahx-step.” She leaned and fluttered her eyelashes again. Just how much perfume had she put on. Blueblood felt a mild tingle in his thighs, and he instantly knew she’d touched herself with hormones as well. Clever girl. She was out to win.

Suddenly, he caught it. The chink in her frilly little armor. He knew that accent. That subtle little ‘ah’ that sometimes popped in where there should’ve been a plain ‘o’. Turning suddenly and authoritatively, Blueblood seized her by both her cheeks with his hooves. She gave a startled yelp, and he pulled her close so that their muzzles almost touched. She blushed at their closeness. “Go home to Ponyville.” He bade her. “Marry somepony who loves you. For love, not for blood.” He pecked her nose with a touch of magic, released her and dashed past her into the crowd. Some distant ghost of the Alicorn Blessing pressed into her body (Celestia’s blood, remember), and she shuddered without realizing what had just been done to her. Good luck would follow her for the next day or so.

Rarity stood there, stunned and a little rumpled. “Wh… what just happened?” she stared after the pearly stallion, watching his golden locks flow in his galloping. He was so perfect! Ohhh, whyyyy?! This was the Worst! Possible! Thing! “Wait! Prince Blueblood, wait!” she started after him, almost jostling a waiter to the ground in the process.

“Ohhh, most beautiful creature!” A handsome stallion suddenly POPPED out of the crowd, ripping off his mustache and stuffing it in his vest before she turned to look. “I’ve looked upon you all evening, please favor me with your name!” he turned the dramatic, glistening eyes of love up to eleven. On his knees and with her hoof in his, he looked up at her adoringly.

Rarity jolted to a stop. W-well, wasn’t he a handsome thing? “O-oh my, hello there! I’m Rarity!” she smiled coyly as her hoof was kissed. A flower appeared from precisely nowhere and he placed it about her ankle on a little strap. “Such a gentlecolt! You must be a lord or something!” Rarity swooned happily, her eyes turning into hearts. She forgot all about Blueblood.
Tombs put a hoof about her to lead her away into the crowd. Away from his master Blueblood. Being in Her Majesty’s Secret Service really did have its perks sometimes. Tombs got to seduce brainless mares now and then for the greater good. A few dances, he’d slink away, and she’d have a lovely story to tell her friends when she went home. The stallion smirked over his shoulder. Go on Sire, he bade silently. Good luck.

Prince Blueblood shouldered past a few guards and up onto the dais. “Twilight Sparkle, you’re all alone up here!” he said, peering about. “Where has Princess Celestia gone?”

“I don’t know.” Twilight said a little fretfully. “W-welcome to the gala! Ah yes, welcome!” her tone was strained as another and another set of ponies went by and into the ballroom beyond. “She just vanished, looking worried and, oh helloooo, welcome to the gala!” The purple mare looked overwhelmed, for she was sweating and looking just a little bit frizzy. It wasn’t that she couldn’t greet Ponies to a gathering like the gala, but all by herself was something else entirely. Was this a test? Another test from her mother figure and goddess? It felt cruel. They always did this together, every year since she’d been adopted. Why, the first year she’d hit her little muzzle on the floor she’d bowed so hard to the first group that had come. Celestia still had framed pictures of Twilight’s poor bloodied muzzle and dress, calling it an ‘adorable little memory’! Why would she so suddenly—

Suddenly, Twilight felt a firm, muscled warmth stand firmly pressed to her side. She looked over, and a bit up at Blueblood. He’d shouldered up next to her, half-standing on her ceremonial rug and inflating his chest in a very masculine way. What was he doing? He set his face in a bit of a scowl, clearing his throat and tossing his golden locks out of his face. “Welcome to the Grand Galloping Gala, go on in!” he flashed a rather dazzling smile to a trio of mares that came in. They tittered happily, wandering past. “Gentlecolts, welcome to the Gala, have a great evening!” he said enthusiastically as another set of ponies went by. “Easy on those juice bars, ay boys?” he winked, and was greeted with roaring laughter and slaps on the shoulder.

The separation anxiety began to ease. Twilight stared up at his handsome face in wonder. He had never done this before, but here he was helping her. Twilight felt her face warm just a little. She cleared her throat, smiled at the next set of guests and bowed to greet them. “Welcome!” she sounded far less stressed out now, and her frizziness began to relax itself. Maybe… maybe they could have two dances that evening. Not just one. You know, as a reward for helping her. “I hope you have a great time here tonight!” her smile was bright as the stars.


=-----=-----=-----=-----=


Nightmare roared angrily as Chrysalis did her best to hold her back. Little rivulets of black were falling from her legs as they locked in a power struggle. Under the blackness of the stained-glass window that was her legs, Nightmare had nothing but blackness. It was like she was molting, but there was nothing underneath. Chrysalis was not about to take all of this though. She’d just gorged herself on a healthy stallion’s love, she was energized and Nightmare was not. With all the tact of a baton to the face the changeling queen headbutted Princess Nightmare. The black alicorn squawked in pain and rage, tumbling back over herself as shards of her body began to decorate the floor. “Nightie-poo.” said Chrysalis with interest, standing quickly and wiping her mouth where a fat lip was forming. “What HAVE you done to yourself?” she gestured to the strange things happening. Her jowls rose, exposing the wicked fangs that had ruined Nightmare’s life a thousand years ago.

Nightmare glanced down at her legs, her accursed and always-hurting legs. Never since she’d returned home had her blasted legs decided to get better with the rest of her. Growling ferally, she scuffed her front-left hoof a few times and lowered her head to charge… straight into a magical shield. She crashed into it with a yelp of pain, reeling as Chrysalis towered over her. An arc of green lightning arched blasted from Chrysalis’ horn, lancing across the black alicorn’s body mercilessly. She gritted her teeth, writhing back and forth. She refused to scream, she refused—it went from green to neon green and she did scream. A throat-ripping, body-writhing scream. Her wings twitched back and forth as her eyes clenched shut and her legs flailed about. She couldn’t control her own body, and the stink of burning flesh began to fill the air. “NYRARGH!” the recoil came so fast, so hard that Chrysalis was bowled over by her own power. Bending the flow of energy was powerful magic, but Nightmare had nothing to lose. It bent around her, went through her, arced around her and blasted back into Chrysalis’ face. Splinters of changeling carapace went flying into the air and she roared in surprise and pain. Cartwheeling ass-over-tea-kettle across the room, the queen crumpled with a moan. So much power, it… it was all back at her again and… she felt woozy.

Princess Nightmare stood there, then tried to take a step. Crinkle. Crack-crinkle. It didn’t even sound like hooves anymore. Shivering, she made herself look. Bits of her crystalized legs were coming away like fire-blasted sand. Was she really so frail, even after months of healing upon her return. She felt angry tears well up in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. Had she not suffered enough? Not only having been unleashed on her own sister and homeland by a parasite, but she couldn’t even heal properly when she got back. “Luna! What did you do to me?!” she husked softly, a tear of pain trailing down her cheek. “Hynn!” she tried to walk straight, but hobbled in zig-zags instead. She used her wings to balance, just as the doctor had taught her so long ago. She loomed over the fallen Chrysalis, her shadow blacker than black. “Yuh… *pant*… yield.” She commanded, at the end of her strength. She lowered her horn to point it at Chrysalis.

“Never.” Said Chrysalis acidly, holding the side of her face where the carapace had broken off. Nightmare could see the pink and red muscles beneath. She’d literally taken her own face off. Symbolic, no doubt, for a changeling.

“A thousand years… you’ve grown powerful, Chyrsalis.” Nightmare’s horn flick-cracked with what little magic she had left. Posturing to scare her, but little else. The black light on the tip of her horn could be a death spell, for all the queen knew. “But you are not a goddess yet.” She husked for a few long moments while they glared at each other. “That honor went to your other siblings long ago, and you are still perfectly mortal.” She came closer, lowering the sparking, crackling horn into the queen’s face. The monster began to sweat, crossing her eyes to stare at the tip fearfully. “Give up. Equestria forbade the death penalty long ago.” Nightmare narrowed her eyes as her draconic slits narrowed into lines. It was tempting, oh Faust her mother above above it was tempting. One quick jolt of even simple magic between her eyes and it would be over. Or maybe just jab her through the eye socket with her spiraling horn, to see the amazing spray of orange blood and gore. No! No, she had to adhere to the modern era’s justice system. Nightmare heaved strained breaths, prodding Chrysalis between the eyes. She whimpered a little, recoiling. “Don’t make me destroy you.”

“That honor should’ve been MINE!” spat Chrysalis suddenly, dropping her hoof to expose the ugly, spaghetti-like structure of her face’s muscles. Princess Nightmare felt a wave of revulsion. “I did everything I was supposed to do! Mother should’ve chosen ME TOO!”

“Ironic that, of the five of us, you will be the last to ascend to god-hood. If ever.” Nightmare scowled. “ Celestia, then I, then Cadance… even our brother Discord made it before you, and he’s certifiably mad.” She named off the five children of Faust, mother of creation. Her five children had to earn godhood, they’d not just been given it. Chrysalis still just didn’t get it. “Mother is disappointed in you.”

“SHE SHOULD’VE HELPED ME!” Chrysalis’ ancient wounds came open and she dove at Nightmare with a shout. Some sort of… not-Royal Canterlot Voice? “MY KIND IS STARVING! THEY HAVE BEEN FOR EONS! WE ALWAYS HUNGER AND SHE DOES NOTHING!” They locked horns and recoils of magic blasted back and forth. Cracks began to form in the floor, and columns began to shake threateningly. Nightmare gritted her teeth in agony, her legs threatening to give out entirely. “I HATE YOU! I HATE ALL FOUR OF YOU!” Full-blooded anger rose out of the monstrous creature and she suddenly ducked, taking Nightmare’s legs out from under her.

Princess Nightmare tumbled to the floor with a sound of crackling glass. She cried out in mortal agony, and she felt the side of her head break. Her flank spread with cracks. Her ribs were giving away and her organs were starting to give. “M-mother!” Nightmare mewled, holding herself and shaking. She could do nothing but lay there in white-hot pain, whimpering. The impact of the fall had been too much on her poor body. Whatever Luna had done to her, it had dilapidated her completely. She was like a porcelain doll!

“YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO DIE BUT I CAN STILL SMASH YOU TO BITS!” Chrysalis reared up, flailing her hooves like a war horse. Flaring her wings to gain her momentum, she brought herself crashing down on Nightmare and—
















Buck.
















A couple of white feathers was all Chrysalis saw at first. White feathers, and ghostly white eyes. The ethereal buck at a speed unknown to mortal ponies made her stop in mid-stomp. She stepped back a couple of times, not feeling any pain and looking startled. There stood Celestia, her eyes whited out and her pearly fur shining like the sun. Her mouth was a neutral line, and her wings closed in a non-threatening way. What had she done? Chrysalis felt funny. She felt… she was shaking, why was she shaking? Daintily, the white alicorn lifted a hoof gilded with a golden horse-shoe. She snapped it down on the marble floor, never taking her eyes off of Queen Chrysalis. A humming sound began to fill the air. A hum like a tuning fork. It filled Chrysalis’ vision with white spots as it grew louder… louder… LOUDER!

The changeling felt the shaking get worse and worse as the tuning fork sound grew more intense. Chrysalis’ entire carapace body suddenly burst apart like a sonic-boom. Every shell, every piece of her armor-like body came away to reveal the muscles and sinew beneath. She was an ugly creature. She shuddered, her eyes wide. Even her horn-bone was exposed. She felt cold. Cold and drafty. Then she crumpled into unconsciousness.

Celestia’s frown turned into a quiet, caring smile and her eyes returned to normal. “Nightie…?” she whispered softly. Nightmare whimpered softly as the tuning fork sound faded. The cracks were spreading over her body. “Nightie what’s happening?” she said a little more urgently.

“I don’t nuhhh…” her voice suddenly gave out entirely and she seized up like a statue. A whining sound escaped her, and very suddenly it all fell away like molting. Her ribs caved, her massive horn broke off and she collapsed like a shell. Celestia shrieked in horror, backing away from the corpse.

Ting. Tinkle-tink. The white alicorn looked down. A piece of solar steel lay before her. She lit her horn, bringing it up to eye-level with a frown. “Solar Steel? I’ve not made any of this since… since I fought Nightmare a thousand years ago.” Suddenly a wave of realization swept over Celestia. “It must’ve been lodged in her during the battle. No wonder her legs never stopped hurting her.” She looked down at the pile of glass and dust as it began to morph and mold back and forth. “How long are you going to stay like that, sister?” she frowned.

Lunar magic spilled down from the heavens, melting the pile of glass and hair into a pool of pure life energy. Eons ago, when gods like they were nothing more than furies, they would take on shapeless forms like this—and since they couldn’t die, it was what form they took when they were ‘killed’. Celestia waited patiently while Nightmare Moon struggled to reform her body. Luna aided her as best she could, and the moonlight gave much to the goddess as she made herself a new body. After some minutes and struggling back and forth, Nightmare Moon came back to her hooves. She was weak, but as good as new. “Thank thee, Luna. But perhaps letting me die was too much of a price?” she grumbled. Luna snorted, rolling her proverbial eyes at her caretaker. “It really hurt!” Nightmare snapped at the moon. Celestia smiled tiredly.

“I bet your legs feel better.” said Celestia serenely, showing her the spear tip that had tumbled out of her body. “I found this.”

“That explains much. A lucky soldier smote me under the arm with a spear during that battle, and broke his weapon upon me before I took his head off.” said Nightmare thoughtfully. She lifted and lowered each of her hooves, then made a little prancing motion. “No pain! Sister, no pain!” she said gaily, rearing up and stomping her hooves a bit. “That didn’t hurt either!” she squealed happily. The sister’s embraced, all smiles. But, while her head was tucked on Celestia’s shoulder, she suddenly saw something. Nurse Bandaid still lay limp on the floor across the room. “Bandaid!” she broke away from her sister to rush over to him.



End of Part 21