• Published 18th Apr 2024
  • 287 Views, 17 Comments

Sun Redacted - daOtterGuy



Redacted. Here to protect you even when you don't know about it.

  • ...
0
 17
 287

The Sun Sets

“I am pleased—no, honoured—no, fanatically fervent to be in your presence, Princess of the Sun,” Picturesque said. “Please allow me to—”

“Enough, director,” Princess Celestia admonished. “I appreciate the greeting, however, I am here for only one thing.”

“The DOM Initiative test subject, of course,” Picturesque replied.

The short black mare with white spots strode forward, tossing her short black bob cut back with a hoof.

They were in a long corridor decorated with various art pieces, as per the rest of the Vain Galleria. Celestia was certain that they were each unique and gorgeous, but her mind was focused on the unveiling.

It was ponykind’s best hope against the Malformant threat, and she desperately needed it to work.

They came to a massive steel vault door. A burst of magic from Picturesque’s horn caused it to swing open. Inside was a single pony surrounded by several of Vain Galleria’s top engineers.

A pegasus mare with cyan fur, windswept blond mane and a Cutie Mark of a lightning bolt with three stars underneath.

What drew Celestia’s attention, however, were her wings. They didn’t match her body. Two massive limbs of blue and red patterned with stars that radiated an otherworldly light, the joints covered by a cluster of feathers along her back. They were reminiscent of a Malformant from the Griffin Empire that had laid waste to its outlying settlements, with a banner held between its claws.

Further inspection moved familiarity into assurance. These wings once belonged to Only Victory. Permanently grafted onto the test subject and granting all of the original Malformant’s abilities to her.

The DOM Initiative. A process designed to break a Malformant down into its core components and grant its power to a willing subject.

“Your name?” Celestia asked.

“Lightning Dust,” the mare replied.

“What is your purpose?”

“To capture and contain the invaders.” A predatory grin. “And I plan to always win.”

The Solar Princess smiled. It was an expression on the border of hope, madness, and desperation. A smile that resolved to go through with this no matter the consequences.

They had a new weapon.

She couldn’t wait to see the results.

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this world as much as I did. Though this story is done for the contest, I will be continuing to explore this story later in October with Chaos Redacted.

For those reading for enjoyment, I hope this intrigued you as much as did me. For judges, I hope this was a fun read for you.

Have a wonderful day, hopefully filled with less abominations than Celestia's.

Comments ( 3 )

Lightning Dust endowed with the power of extradimensional monstrosities...

This is how the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a "Hold my cider."

In any case, fascinating glimpses at a world on the precipice of disaster. Eagerly looking forward to future installments. Best of luck in the judging.

Vek
Vek #2 · 1 week ago · · ·

Gonna keep my eye on you

That was a delight, looking forward to future stuff in this world~! There's so many fun 'Ooh, why is that happening?' elements here!

Login or register to comment