• Published 15th Nov 2023
  • 719 Views, 8 Comments

Mother, I'm Coming Home - Visharo



Sunset leaves for purpose and the glory of war, she comes home bruised and battered.

  • ...
4
 8
 719

I Need A Minute To Maybe Soak In The Sight

Sunset stood apart from the rest of the crowd. Her body scrubbed and cleaned, bandaged and healed. She decided to slip away when the other ponies wanted to bring out the champagne. It only took two weeks for the Marine Corps to mobilize everypony out of Zebrica after the surrender.

When Sunset had the chance, she snuck away from the group when they landed in Manehatten and took the chance of the festivities to peel away her marine fatigues, leaving her bare self for the world. She trotted slash limp all the way to the train station and booked a ticket for Canterlot. She arrived there within several hours.

The sights, the sounds, the smells, it all took her by surprise. Despite living here her entire life, she had forgotten the majesty that is Canterlot. A genuine smile blossomed as she took in everything, there were many curious looks, even a couple ones of disgust, but Sunset ignored them all. She was home.

Sunset trudged up the hill to the castle, trying to hurry despite her injuries. In what should've taken a mere half an hour, it took nearly two hours. She was sweating and heaving by the time she reached the double doors, she was sure she puked along the way. The guards who were in front of the doors looked uncertain at what to do when she passed them by, she smirked at that. The old ones must've joined the war, then the smirk died. How many of them died?

She shook away the oncoming dread and pushed her way into the throne room and the sight of her battered body brought a peaceful silence to Day Court. Sunset's eyes fell upon Princess Celestia and smiled before passing out.

She was told she was out for a full day. She was also told Celestia was by her side the entire time. When she woke up, she was met with motherly warmth and concern from the immortal princess.

"My dear student." Sunset thought she heard a choke.

"Cel...mom." Tears were in her eyes as she tackled Celestia, she never wanted to leave.

A full week later, Celestia had made an agreement with Zebrica and now the streets were flooded with celebrating ponies. The war has been won, but Sunset didn't feel much for celebrating. Instead, she sat atop a grassy hill overlooking the festivities and let the cool breeze ruffle her mane. It was nice.

"You don't want to celebrate with the others?" Celestia asked, her calming voice behind her.

"I... need a minute to maybe soak in the sight of a town that I came from." Sunset replied with a serene smile.

Comments ( 8 )

Well done.

11749607
You should post this in as many groups as will let you. That way, you get more potential readers.

:trollestia:

11750258
i'm not into that, seems like a lot of work honestly. im content with what i got.

11781153
mmm, thats nice music. really nice music

Title of your story made me think of Ozzy lol
Mama I'm coming home

11804676
Ah, a classic.

Login or register to comment