• Published 15th Jun 2023
  • 1,581 Views, 29 Comments

The First Night - ThisPonyIsNamedSinewave



One night can change everything for somebody, including getting them six girlfriends.

  • ...
6
 29
 1,581

Euphoria

They hadn't noticed me come back downstairs at first. Instead, their attention was drawn to Sunset Shimmer's glowing and vibrating book. Whatever Sunset had asked the Princess, she had finally responded. However, instead of rushing to open it as I had expected, Sunset simply stared at the leather-bound tome of magic. Rainbow Dash, who was hovering over her shoulder as Sunset sat in one of the extra chairs beside the couch, glared at her.

"Well? Aren't you gonna look?" she asked impatiently. Sunset took a deep breath.

"Just... what if she says no?" she said, looking at Rainbow with an expression of worry.

"It's not like yer asking her out or anything," Applejack chimed in, her legs draped over the armrest of the couch while her head was square in Rarity's lap.

"Yeah, you're just asking permission to date her interdimensional clone!" Pinkie added, sitting on the floor with a cuddled Fluttershy in her arms.

"Honestly, I don't know why you had to ask in the first place," Rarity began, softly stroking Applejack's hair. "It's not like our Twilight and the Princess are the same person." The way she said it awoke butterflies in my stomach. Our Twilight.

"I dunno, I just don't want things to be awkward!" Sunset replied. "I don't wanna show up in Equestria next time I'm there with a copy of her and be all like 'Hey, Princess, sorry for not telling you I'm dating you from another universe.'"

"Please, Sunset." Everyone turned suddenly to look at me, finally noticing my presence. Sunset's nervousness grew tenfold. I slowly walked over to her, bending down, and putting my hand on the one she currently had over the book. I smiled at her warmly. "I'll be okay, no matter what she says." That, in honesty, was a little bit of a lie. Deep inside me, the jealousy I felt towards the Princess was primed to become a rage, ready to retribute for denying me a relationship with Sunset Shimmer.

"I don't know if I will be, though." Sunset's free hand stroked my cheek, her soft touch warming my face. "I've liked you ever since I met you, Twilight. You're the first person I met that really understood what I went through, what I'm still going through." I blushed at the confession, now holding both of her hands. She looked up, slowly glancing around the room at the rest of our friends. "When the girls invited me into their... situation, of course, I agreed. I mean, I love all of them, I'd be insane not to. But I had a condition: I wanted you." Behind her, now leaning against the wall, Rainbow scoffed.

"Yeah, like we weren't already thinking about that," she said with a smirk. Sunset joined in on the smirk, though hers was softer, before locking eyes with me again.

"I think we owe you an explanation," she said.

"You think?" I responded sarcastically but without malice. Sunset chuckled.

"Yeah, I can imagine this entire thing has been... overwhelming for you. In all honesty, that was kinda the idea." She put the book aside and stood up. I stood up with her as she began pacing around the room slowly. "That darkness, that self-hatred that builds up within you... I know what it feels like. So, when Pinkie suggested the party-"

"Shindig!" Pinkie quickly corrected.

"Right, shindig. So, when Pinkie suggested the shindig, I pitched an idea to the girls. I wanted to make you feel special, like the center of the world. One by one, we'd express our love to you, fighting your inner darkness with the light in our hearts. Then, when it was all said and done, we'd..." Sunset breathed softly as her confession came forth: "We'd ask you out."

I looked at Sunset, a nervous but hopeful smile shining across her face. I looked at Rainbow Dash, whose smirk did nothing to hide the softness in her eyes. I looked at Applejack, who nodded at me with comfort and security. I looked at Rarity, her high-held open palm giving the feeling that it was reaching out to me. I looked at Fluttershy, the kindness in her eyes giving me assurance. I looked at Pinkie Pie, grinning from ear to ear. Finally, I closed my eyes and softly sighed.

"I... I love you all, so, so much. Tonight has been wonderful, and I would love nothing more than to say yes. But..." I turned my gaze toward the book. "I can't do that until Sunset has peace of mind." Slowly, Sunset wanted over to the book, picking it up before walking over and taking her place next to me. The others formed a circle around us, all staring at the magical tome. I held her shoulder, her nerves being cooled by my touch. Finally, with great mental effort, she opened it, revealing the Princess' response for all to see.

"You don't need my permission, even if it is technically me. Go get your girl, tiger!"

And then Sunset Shimmer kissed me.

Well, that was putting it lightly. Sunset tossed the book aside and leaped onto me, tackling me to the ground as her lips pressed into mine with the force of a thousand suns, accidentally knocking Fluttershy and Pinkie out of the way in the process. Pinkie just laughed, and Fluttershy giggled with her. Any pain gained from my fall was ignored in favor of the warmth of Sunset's face. She occasionally broke the kiss for a split second to throw in an "I love you" or "You mean the world to me," sending my heart sky high in the process. Eventually, with a hint of regret, she broke the kiss before chuckling. "I'm sorry for tackling you," she said half-heartedly. Tears of joy began swelling in my eyes as I laughed with her.

"I don't care, Sunset Shimmer."

"HUG PILE!" With Pinkie's prompt, my other five friends had piled on top of me, all laughing along with me and Sunset, arms tangled in a ball of love and wonder.

"Wait," Rainbow suddenly began. "So does this mean you're one of us now?"

"I mean... if you'll have me," I responded initially, before continuing: "No... no you've all made your desires clear. Yes, yes I am one of you."

Everyone's life has a moment of true happiness, something that they will remember forever, a pivotal point that changes their lives for the better. For some, it might be graduating from university with a degree they've sought after for their entire lives. For others, it might be opening a business they've dreamt about for years. For me, it was hearing the cheers of my six girlfriends as they heard me pledge myself to them, their realization of me being theirs' and them being mine. It was a moment I'd never forget.

"Hey, uh," I began. "This isn't a one-off, right? Like, this isn't all of you just being swept up by the, uh, vibes, right?" Sunset looked at me with genuine confusion.

"Did you miss the part where we planned all of this?" she asked me. "Twilight, this isn't just tonight. We're not gonna go back to not loving you when the weekend is over."

"Absolutely wouldn't dream of it, darling," Rarity added. I saw Fluttershy shaking her head in agreement.

"I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been dreaming about this! I'd never give it up!" Pinkie confessed. "All of us in one big pile of love, hugging and kissing and touching and-"

"Maybe later, Pinkie," Applejack interrupted with a nervous giggle. "But no, sugar, we ain't gonna stop lovin' ya tomorrow just 'cause tonight was crazy."

"Like hell I'm gonna give up having six awesome girlfriends," Rainbow finished the group's thoughts.

"So, this isn't just a night together. This is our first night together," I declared with surprising confidence. Sunset nodded before giving me a peck on the lips. "I love you, girls," I exclaimed through held-back tears.

And they loved me, too.

Author's Note:

And that's The First Night! I hope you all enjoyed reading it! Now, a brief post-mortem.

I'm surprisingly happy with this. I think I made a mistake earlier on by writing this in past tense instead of present tense. I feel that I could've explored Twilight's reactions and emotions more if I wrote in the present tense, but alas. Even then, I think I did a decent job telling this story. The Rarity chapter is still probably my favorite, and one I go back to read just for fun, which is probably a little egotistical on my part but oh well. I might explore this relationship in the future, or maybe even a prequel centered around the beginnings of it with Rainbow, AJ, and Rarity, but for now, there are other stories I want to tell. Overall, I'd personally give this fic a strong 6 to a light 7.

Comments ( 8 )

What kind of kinks does this story have?

Yaaay, all the lovey fuzzies :twilightsmile:

And thus, the harmonious relationship of the Rainbooms added one more sweet soul to the mix.

Wonderful follow-through. I'd love to see further exploration of this setting, whether before or after this night. In any case, thank you for some delightful warm fuzzies. :twilightsmile:

Ok, this book is pretty good, The girls being in 1 big poly Ship is kinda cute and over the course of these chapters you have surprised me.
I really relate to Twilight in this book and I never thought I would say that about Sci-Twi. But the whole Trans thing was really interesting and I sorta feel like transistorizing but I'm conflicted...
Personal feelings aside, I really like this book and I can't wait for what you do next:twilightsmile:

That was lovely! I really wish we had more omniship stuff! Especially with at least one of the girls being transgendy! Looking forward to what you do next c:

great job on story:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment