• Published 2nd May 2023
  • 368 Views, 23 Comments

Five Score Divided by Four: A Change in Perspective - Princess Elytra



I don't remember much of last night, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't party hard enough to damage my legs... Why are the black smudges hard as bone? Based in the Five Score Divided by Four universe.

  • ...
4
 23
 368

Chapter 2: Hangovers Suck and Beginning Changes

Author's Note:

Apologies. I, myself, am not Irish. I'm just a fan of the country and it's culture. From all the 5 Score/Four stories I've read, I haven't seen where the main characters are from the Emerald Isles.

Thank you for sticking around if you're still reading this fic. It means a lot to me.

12:25 PM, May 1st, 2020
Candlewood Suites-Denver, Colorado

Mason shakes his head as he gently slaps Eileen awake. "Come on, Eileen. We need you go get up." He says as if he wasn't sleep deprived. The sleeping form of Eileen sturs softly, giving Mason a glare from hell.

"Five more minutes... Chilly..." She grumbles softly, as sleep threatens to take her again. Hangovers were a bitch and she was having a massive hangover, though I guess falling face first through a wooden table certainly didn't help.

Mason blinks gently. "Why did you call me that? We aren't online in a game chat." He pulls her up off the floor, and leaning her up against the couch. Curious, she only called him that when she needed him to do something in game for her. She must've hit her head a bit too hard. "You feeling alright, love?" He asks, sitting down.

Eileen grumbles to herself, face between her knees. "I feel like shit..." She groans softly, head pounding. "How are you and Thomas?" Glancing at her friend, and the lump face down on the bed.

He shrugs, before glancing up at the ceiling. "We've been better. Though, seeing you fall earlier, worried me. You might want to go wash up before we head out." Nudging Eileen's side, as if it wasn't a request, he pulls her to her feet.

"Fine, but I might be a while." She says with a smirk, before heading to the bathroom. Though struggling to find the light switch, she feels slightly better after that show of care and affection. The light brightens quickly, as she closes the door. Looking into her reflection, she poses seductively. "Hello ya Fine Thing~" She pulls her shorts down, before pausing. "Uh... Mason?"

The male's voice was heard from outside the door. "Yeah love?" His voice full of concern.

Eileen gently touches her thighs. "Did I hurt my thighs when I fell?" Large black splotches adorn the outer part of her thighs. They were hard as bone, yet smooth to the touch.

Mason thinks for a moment. "I don't know, but it looked like you fell on your face and chest. Why? Is something wrong?"

Another voice pipes up. "Will you two please be quiet? Don't you know how early it is?" It appears Thomas has woken up, a bit on the grumpy side. "I swear... No one appreciates the finer things of sleep." He mumbles to his plush.

Eileen gulps slightly, backing away from the mirror. "Something is wrong... My skin is turning black, like pitch black..." She collapses to the floor, fearing the worst. "This is fine. I'm okay. I can just wear leggings, and no one will be able to tell." She mumbles to herself, pulling her shorts back up. "Mason. Get Thomas's ass out of bed. We've got things to do today." She calls out as she reaches for the door handle.

A yelp and a thud was heard outside the bathroom. Eileen rushes out to see what had happened. "Ow! Why the hell did you do that!?" Thomas glares as he lay sprawled out on the floor, the Trixie plush laying by the broken table.

Mason adjusts his glasses like an anime boy. "This was the only way to make sure you stayed up. Go shower. Unlike Eileen, you smell like a dead racoon." He says, while pointing at where Eileen was standing.

Thomas grumbles gently, as he grabs the clothes he set out for today. "Fine. I'll be quick." He says, bumping past his two roommates.


1:10PM, May 1st, 2020

Candlewood Suites-Denver, Colorado

Eileen sat on the bed, tapping her foot. "What is taking him so long? He's been in there for almost an-" She didn't get to finish as an irate Thomas storms out of the bathroom.

"Who's the funny man who mutilated my body!?" He shouts out, pointing in an accusatory manner.

Mason shakes his head. "What are you on about? Eileen's been out cold all night, and I wouldn't do anything to you in that way." He glares at Thomas, as if offended that he would even think about doing anything harsh to his male best friend.

Thomas glares. "Get your mind out of the gutter, ya tool. I'm talking about this!" He lifts his towel up, thankfully keeping himself decent as he shows off his thighs. Adorning both thighs, is the Cutie Mark of the Great and Powerful Trixie.

Eileen raises an eyebrow. "You got tatts? I didn't know you liked that sort of thing, and knowing you, it would've been something less childish..." She comment as she walks over, and pokes them.

"Elytra. You know I wouldn't dare walk into a parlor. This wasn't here when we got off the plane." He grumbles, gently pushing her away. "And besides, they're too smooth for tatts..." He huffs, looking away.

Mason blinks gently. "Elytra? Trixie. You, quite literally, could've said anything else for a nickname." He winces gently, before holding the sides of his head. "Damn... I couldn't have gotten a hangover... I only had two glasses."

Thomas glances over. "Chill? You a'right, mate?" He ignored the Trixie comment, as he looks on with concern. while reaching into his bag, he asks. "Need an aspirin?"

Mason takes off his glasses, before rubbing his eyes. "No. I just need some cold water. I'll be fi-" He looks up. "You called me Chill, as well. Please tell me you two still aren't shit-faced..." He utters as he gets up.

Eileen looks up at Mason. "You'd know if I was piss drunk. I think something is up, but without all the evidence, I'm clueless... Maybe it'll wear off?" She says with hope. "I don't know... I can't think on an empty stomach. I've a mouth on me for some chips." She comments, as she stands up.

Mason smiles gently. "Aye, chips'd do me a world o'good right now. Maybe there's a pub nearby." He says, as he grabs his jacket. "Oh. Get dressed, ya mick. You can't go around in a towel, you'll frighten the people in this town." Mason motions his hand up and down, addressing Thomas' situation.

Thomas finally noticed he wasn't dressed, before yelping and rushing into the bathroom.

Eileen chuckles softly. "We'll meet you in the lobby. You better leg it." She smiles gently, before following Mason out the door and into the hallway.

Comments ( 9 )

And so it begins..!

Interesting way of going around the lack of a cutie mark with Eileen, without going the same route as Chris/Chrysalis in A New Hive. Strange enough to be concerning, but not clear enough yet to make a direct connection with what it could mean, or what's happening with Thomas.

Mason shakes his head as he gently slaps Eileen awake. "Come on, Eileen. We need you go get up." He says as if he wasn't sleep deprived. The sleeping form of Eileen sturs softly, giving Mason a glare from hell.

come on eileen song from the 80s intensifies

11574099
It's an attempt to write how I, myself, would react to odd things happening. Ignore it, cover it up, or have a panic attack. Usually it's a small mix of all three. I'm currently struggling on if Eileen will be able to eat regular food, or have the same issue as Chris/Chrysalis.

11574489
*Finger Guns*

I'm liking their reactions so far. Truly, you wanna be drunk when you discover these sort of things. And failing that, hungover is appropriate. As is tradition, really. At first I wondered if a pub was an odd choice in the morning, but then I reminded myself they were hungover. A pub is perfect, fats, grease and maybe a hair of dog. Assuming you can find open when you're up. Failing that, a diner. I, also, have a mouth on me for some chips. I like this bug.

11574605
You could sort of have it both ways for now, I think. I don't imagine she could eat love just yet: need those bug organs; borgans. Although, not being able to keep your food down after a hangover is also perfectly normal, I suppose. I see how you might be conflicted. I'd say either do what might work better for the plot/drama. And if that won't matter too much, do what's more interesting to you! I'm going to love watching her discover what's happening to her. Being a black boogling means you get that black chitin and aerodynamic holes! Pink hair is worrying enough, but changeling TF is probably a bit alarming, no? We'll see!

11574886
When in Rome, you get chips. It seems like the right thing to do.

More on the feeding side, I've come up with the idea of Changelings being able to eat normal food. As long as it's cooked with love, as corny as that sounds, make the dish palatable.

11574895
That's adorable. I love it! :twilightsmile:

11574907
I'm glad I'm not the only one outside my friend group who thought so. :heart:

Even if this story doesn’t get continued much, seeing more Five Score media is always heartwarming <3

11666712
Do you have a link to the series?

Login or register to comment