• Published 2nd May 2023
  • 368 Views, 23 Comments

Five Score Divided by Four: A Change in Perspective - Princess Elytra



I don't remember much of last night, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't party hard enough to damage my legs... Why are the black smudges hard as bone? Based in the Five Score Divided by Four universe.

  • ...
4
 23
 368

Chapter 1: Early Graduation and Travels

9:30 AM April 29th, 2020
Maynooth, Ireland

*Beep! Beep! Beep!*

I groan softly as I slam my hand on the annoying piece of technology, trying to get a few more minutes of sleep. Unfortunately, my roommates were already up, and making a ton of noise. 'Why must they be so...' I blink the sleep out of my eyes, staring at my alarm clock. "Oh shit!" I quickly jump out of bed, as I remembered what day it was. Today was April 29th, 2020, early graduation for students of Maynooth University.

Sorry, let me introduce myself. My name is Eileen Caddick, Entomology Major, 24 Years old. Today was the last day we'd spend in Ireland, for a week or two. As for the Entomology stuff, well for as long as I can remember, I've been an avid fan of Insects. Must be why my favorite species in MLP are the Changelings, but that's in the past. The show ended so long ago, and I haven't really caught up with the fandom.

Gently stretching, I make my way to the kitchen in the apartment my friends and I are renting while going to school. It's not a bad place, three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Being the only lady in the apartment, I get my own, which was glorious. I yelp loudly, as I trip over one of my roommate's props.

"Sorry Eile!" The voice of my theatrical roommate calls as he walks down the hall to me. This is Thomas Eisner, my second best friend, a Theatre Arts Major. He helps me up, as I hand him his Wizard's Gear. Did I forget to mention he's a huge fan of Magic and D&D?

"Thomas... How many times do we have to tell you to pick up your props?" The voice of my other roommate, Mason Kelleher, was heard as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Mason was a bit eccentric, if a bit cold, but that's a Geology Major for you... Or was he a Geography Major? Questions for later. Anyway, he's a true Irishman, Gaelic Accent and all.

The three of us have been friends since primary school. We were in separate classes, mind you, but got together after we all connected over Pokémon and nerd culture galore. When secondary school hit, we were outcasts together due to our Bronyness. Who knew that MLP: FiM would blow up the way it did. The three of us spent countless nights watching, talking, and creating character's based on the show.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Graduation first, then recollection of past times later. "Make sure you all are packed up and ready to go. I do not want to miss our flight to America." I tell the guys as I waltzed into the kitchen, making myself some breakfast.

Mason nodded. "Aye. We've got two weeks of freedom ahead o' us. Best not squander it." He says with a smile, his luggage already at the door. Thomas looked at the two of us. "We've got less than 40, before we need to go before the dean."

I chuckle softly. "Okay. Make sure not to leave your doll here while we're gone." Thomas glared at me. "It's not a doll, it's a plush, and her name is The Great and Powerful Trixie, thank you very much." I gently roll my eyes. Yes, his favorite pony is a stage magician. He's liked her since her first appearance. "Doll. Plush. All the same to me, ya mick. You still need to cuddle it to sleep. I don't want you staying up all night while on our trip."

Thomas grumbles softly, before heading to his room to pack. Mason turns to me. "Lass. Could you not pick a fight with him? That toy is all he has left of his mum." I nod softly. "Yeah, I know. I just like messing with him, no harm done."


8:55 PM April 30th, 2020

Denver International Airport

Groaning softly, I trudge down the stairs to the tarmac. I thought we had booked a one-stop flight to Denver, but we had two layovers. One in Toronto, and the other in Illinois. I can't wait to get to the hotel, and start our party. Apparently, I was the only one who was exhausted from the trip. Mason was itching to get a move on and Thomas was excited about being in a foreign country that wasn't Britannia. "How are you guys not dead to the world right now? I'm feeling like shit..."

My two companions look at each other, before shrugging. "Late night gaming sessions." I roll my eyes gently. "Fair enough. Let's get to the hotel. I've brought a gift for us to enjoy while we're living it up like we're 18 again." Mason raises an eyebrow. "You don't mean..." Thomas gasps gently. "All five seasons!?" I smirk. "On Blu-Ray~"


11:55 PM April 30th, 2020

Candlewood Suites-Denver, Colorado

After downing a whole pint, I collapse on the couch. "Le's get this celebrasion starded!" Mason shakes his head. "One pint... She's sloshed after one pint..." I glare at him. "I cand rink you unda the table, old man!" Thomas smiles gently. "I've got 50 quid on you passing out after two seasons." I turn to him. "Yer on!" Mason grins as he grabs his whiskey and Thomas start the show with episode 1, Friendship is Magic, Part 1.

The night is lively and full of joy as we three enjoy ourselves. It's morning by the time we reach the Season 2 finale. Chrysalis is about to win, and there's nothing anypony can do to stop her. I'm completely wasted as I point at the screen. "Show the c*** the powa of love and tolerance, you prissy pink princess!" I shout, spilling my gin all over the floor, as I stand up. I really shouldn't have-

Eileen falls straight through the coffee table, as she blacks out. Thomas, while worried about his friend, smirks softly. "I'm 50 Quid richer~"


?????

My wings buzz in anger. My race, close to extinction thanks to that chaotic freak. Holding the corpse of my favorite sibling, Thorax, I finally snap. He is going to pay with his blood! Laying Thorax on the ground, I speed off into the distance towards the only place I know he could be. Ponyville.

It's a race against time as everyone I knew was quickly vanishing without a trace. First, the elements, then Cadence, and even my witch of a mother. I will avenge them if it's the last thing I- Why is the ground coming in so fast? Landing on the course dirt, and skidding up to the center of Ponyville, I come face to face with the bastard himself, Discord.

"Why the long face, Elytra? It's as though you want to hurt me. Tell you what, I'll give you the first swing. Make it count now~" He says as he places a tiny target on his cheek. I grit my teeth, fangs nearly breaking as I send my hoof into his face. He chuckles softly, as if unfased. "That was your one, Princess." Grabbing me with his magic, he lifts me up to his eyeline. "When I'm done with you, your coltfriend is next." I squirm in his hold, as he begins to curse me, my mind going dark.

As I fall into the nothingness around me, I hear Discord’s voice.

"Five score divided by four,
Your memories removed, your body confused!
For your insolence you must pay,
Cast off to a land far, far away!
I've scattered the six, and that's just the start of my tricks,
Your mind shall be weak, your outlook bleak!
Forgetting everything and living like a fool,
You have all lost, now no one can stop my rule!”