• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,959 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,959

PreviousChapters Next
War from Afar Epilogue

Twilight Sparke slowly approached the cell in the dungeon. The only prisoner inside was sitting in a bed attached to the wall and was under heavy guard. Tempest looked to the princess, despite everything she smiled. Twilight smiled back and cleared her throat. "How are you holding up in here?"

Tempest's smile dropped. "About as good as any prisoner. We had three break-ins with angry ponies attempting to either beat or kill me. A new record according to the guard."

Twilight frowned a little. She knew Tempest would never have an easy life even if she was given a full pardon by the royal sisters. There were ponies that gave her pity but that was a very small minority. Many didn't care what she felt. All they cared about was what she did. She was sentenced to the dungeon, not only because it fitted her punishment, but to Princess Celestia, it was for her own safety from the mobs. Twilight spoke up again."I know things look bad but I promise you I'll get you out and you can serve a lighter sentence."

"Don't bother princess. Even if I'm out of here next year, nopony will forgive me or let me forget what I did. Don't even bring up the Crystal Empire jail as a safer prison, when I saw your brother he looked like he was about to snap and kill me with a spear. But I understand why he would."

"Ok I won't argue about what other ponies will do but maybe some day they can move on from this. Besides you have a friend already." Said Twilight as she smiled softly.

Tempest smiled back and nodded. "Thank you, what's in the bag?"

Twilight levitated a small wrapped item from her saddlebag. "Apparently your uh former friends from your childhood came to me and ask that I give you this."

Tempest eyes widened but deep down she was furious why would the same ponies who abandon her now give her a gift? Twilight placed it in her cell and turned to leave. "I'll bring back some lunch next time I visit. I'm sure you would love that better than the slop you were given."

Tempest let out a slight chuckle as the princess left. She slowly unwrapped the item only for her eyes to widen again. Inside was a necklace and on it were the bits of a horn that once belonged to her. She then saw a note and read it. 'We know sorry will never be enough for the monster we had created but we hoped this along with this photo will suffice at least until we can give you an even bigger apology.'

Tempest looked again and saw a photo. It was her old friends standing next to what looked like a beaten up Ursa Minor and Ursa Major. Despite how the gift looked she actually smiled.

=====================================

Inside a large dining area there, sitting at the table were the two royal sisters and Queen Novo. They were discussing what happened. "So you had the first contact with these extra terrestrial beings?" asked Luna.

"Yes, they call themselves Martians. It turns out they were observing this world for a long time. Since when, I don't know."

"And have you had further contact with them since the invasion?" Asked Celestia.

Novo shook her head. "No but they did return my pearl along with my Daughter. Although the last thing I heard from the commander was for you two to have two 'going away presents'."

"Yes they left one of their machines behind with the weapons decommissioned. We had plans of putting it in a museum." Explained Celestia.

"What about the other gift?" Asked Novo.

"Lets just say the commander had a lucky group of volunteers for this gift. He said something about 'advanced evil protection'."

=================================

Grubber walked through the halls of the once heavily guarded castle of the Storm King. He entered the throne room and sat on the throne. "Well, looks like I'm in charge now."

He then heard a strange sound. It sounded like a stomping sort of noise he looked out and saw something moving through the fog. As soon as it got into a clearing. Grubber's jaw dropped. The machine stopped and let out a loud horn sound.

Grubber screamed as he ran out of the throne room. The machine started firing lasers all over the castle. From far away a horned hooded figure watched. "Friends can come from, not only high places, but they can come from far places too."

He opened a portal and walked through.

Author's Note:

Next time we see a power hungry filly seek not only power but eight pages.

PreviousChapters Next