• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,960 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Cold Hearted Defeat Part 2

“So let me get this straight. We purposely labeled the ice spirits as windegos to prevent the subjects from finding about what windigos, or rather wendigos, really are?”

Celestia nodded to Luna as she continued. “And that they were once a peaceful tribe until they went carnivorous and not only hunted animals but also ate a pony which started a war that forced them into exile in the frozen north?”

Celestia nodded again as she spoke up. “It all happened when you were still a foal not able to understand. It was around that time I was just learning the basics of magic under Starswirl’s guide. We all thought after exile they would’ve gone cannibalistic and ate each other to extinction. I didn’t want that for them, but their devolving behavior didn’t win them any allies in the final decision. Ever since then it was a secret shared only by me and a few guards. I would've told you sooner and eventually my student.”

Luna couldn’t believe what she heard. She heard rumors the ghost horses of winter were once called ice spirits but were relabeled at some point to Windigos. "So if what you're saying is true. What does that mean for Twilight?"

Celestia could only look out the window at the direction of the empire. "I'd rather not imagine the worst case scenario."

===============

"Remember your orders. Scout the area and use the woods as cover. Is that clear?"

The troops saluted Sombra as they made their way out of the empire through a hole in the dome that quickly closed up after they left. The crystal magic in the helmets worked like a hive mind whatever happened Sombra would notice. They soon entered the woods not far from the empire. The troops took in the surrounding trees and bushes. However they all stopped as they noticed something amiss already.

When they left there were fifteen troops now they're fourteen. Suddenly from a tree a pair of arms swooped down and grabbed a troop, then another pair of arms grabbed another from behind another tree. The troops drew out thier speers and began looking around suddenly from all angles the strange bipedal creatures jumped out and attacked the troopers. One beast slashed one in the face causing his helmet to fall off. The troop, now faced exposed, looked dazed as he looked around. “Where am I? What happened?”

One moment there were troops in black armor and helmets now there were six beasts surrounding him. Looking around he saw those troops lying unconscious on the ground and there were puddles of blood surrounding the scene. The stallion looked up in fear at the creatures as they looked down at him. One crouched down to his level and stared deep into his eyes. “Don’t you remember?”

The stallion shook his head in fear. The others got closer and looked like they were ready to pounce but one of them raised his claw. "Stand down, there's more to this."

The others looked to their comrade who was holding one of the helmets and plucked something out. It looked like some kind of dark colored crystal. It emitted some strange glow. "Fafnir? What is it we're looking at?" asked one beast.

"A form of mind magic. How Peculiar..."

==========

King Sombra watched through an orb. He couldn't believe what he saw. A tribe of bipedal monsters have taken out a squad of his troops. He knew now his conquest would be more difficult. In a fit of rage he threw the orb against a wall shattering it. A scared maid immediately got to work cleaning the mess. "Either Celestia has new pets or this empire has been away for far too long."

He then turned to his maid. "Tell my war department to speed up the conversion of my troops or perish!"

"Right away your majesty!"

===========

"Celestia what are you doing?" asked Luna.

Celestia was putting on armor that was fitted to her tall body. "This was my fault. I threw my student into an ocean not caring if she could sink or swim. I have to make things right and pay a visit to two old friends."

"Two? I know we have history with Sombra but who else we have to worry about?"

"Remember how I said the wendigos were peaceful? I was friends with a young one. Please look after the kingdom while me and some soldiers deal with this."

She took to the sky not caring a small scroll fell out of her armor. Luna looked at with curiosity. It had a pictogram of an young alicorn and a younger version of the beast Luna learned was called a wendigo. One of it's claws was holding the alicorn's hoof.

Author's Note:

I know wendigos are a part of a Native American culture but since humans don’t live in equestria I have to improvise and think they are a tribe themselves or maybe a pack in some cases.

PreviousChapters Next