• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,960 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Rails of a mimic Part 3

A swarm of changelings flew through the sky over the railroad tracks. Chrysalis's best commanding officers flew with them. Whatever took those seven trapped drones they would deal with themselves. They looked and counted and they assumed they had more than enough changelings to overtake a dragon. Despite only seeing Pharynx's reaction the queen had confidence they would succeed.

They soon arrived at the tunnel where the monster was last seen. On the ground outside the tunnel were what looked like marks as if a train derailed and kept rolling on the ground. There were also what looked like bones on the ground and a foul odor in the air. They all took in the surroundings. One of them examined the bones. "Confirmed, it's changeling."

"Alpha team, storm the tunnel! Bravo team, be prepared to chase anything that moves out the tunnel! Delta team, fly to the other side of the mountain!"

Within seconds the groups of twelve changelings took to the skies. One dozen of them flew straight into the tunnel, while a dozen more proceeded to fly around the mountain to the other side. Whatever was hiding in that tunnel it can't escape.

============

"Don't lie, I know you know something about this monster out there. It's on your railway."

Chrysallis has been questioning many individuals about this monster on the tracks but nopony knows anything about it. She was now questioning Celestia and Luna. They had to have know something about this. Unfortunate for her, they didn't.

"I may have approved the railroad construction plans long ago but I know nothing about what my subjects built for it. Even if I was, I wouldn't approve of what you are talking about."

Luna nodded. "Agree, what you're describing is something that may come from a bad dream."

"So you two continue to claim ignorance of whatever beast captured seven of my subjects and nearly trapped another?"

Celestia nodded, when she saw her entered the dungeon she was expecting her to gloat but she wasn't expecting her to be questioned about a giant worm that transformed into a train. She never heard of such a thing. Not even her sister knows. Chrysalis only groaned as she felt she was getting no where with this back and fourth questioning.

"Great! Now i'm at a loss and now I have to rely on my best troops to subdue this beast however they can with my help. If I find out you do know something about this monster, lets just say I'll learn how to raise the sun and moon myself with your heads as my trophies."

=============

Meanwhile inside a long tunnel, a dozen changelings flew through using their horns to illuminate their way through. All they saw was the long stretch of track, the rocky walls of the tunnel and the support beams that kept the walls and ceiling stable.

“Is that beast even here? It’s quiet as can be in here.” Said one changeling.

“Too quiet and that’s not always a good thing.” Said another.

“Hey guys I see something over there!” The swarm turned their glowing horns to a stange figure not too far. One changeling flew right towards it and started attacking what looked like a thin figure with arms sticking out.

As the brave trooper attacked, his comrades noticed something as it got closer. Their excitement for finding the beast soon turned to confusion then to fear as they noticed something big and odd. “Uh Striker?”

“One minute I think this guy is getting weak.”

“Striker I don’t think…”

“Hey let me beat this guy.”

After a few more moments the brave changeling got tired. “Seriously it’s like this red bald monster doesn’t even feel my attacks.”

He then noticed his fellow changelings. “What’s with you guys? Don’t you want a turn beating this weird creature?”

“That’s not the monster.”

“Excuse me?”

“That’s not the monster. That’s it’s tongue.”

Striker then looked around with his glowing horn. He then saw the creatures arms were fused to what looked like a flesh wall he then noticed its lower body was fused to the 'floor'. He then saw the rows of teeth he was behind.

“Oh…”

=========

Queen Chrysalis landed outside the tunnel and found the team setting up a small camp outside. All the changelings bowed at her as she approached one of her officers. “Status report.”

“We sent one team into the tunnel and another to the other side whatever is in our way won’t escape us.”

“Excellent how do you plan on-“

“RETREAT!!”

Suddenly three changeling drones flew out the tunnel in fright. A fourth one came limping out. His wings looked broken and one of his legs looked badly injured. “Help!”

The moment he yelled it, something big and red dashed out the tunnel at breakneck speed and the wounded changeling that was on the track vanished. Whether it was eaten or struck very far away wasn’t important to the queen right now.

“After that monster! Don’t let it escape!”

Soon all changelings were chasing it down the tracks towards Canterlot. Along the way it changed. The creature's large mouth closed and became a smoke box door. A tall smokestack emerged from it's top. Wheels emerged from it's underside and immediately started spinning on the rails. The back hardened and turned into a cab. Within moments it was just a red locomotive running fast and pumping white steam in the night sky. Despite it going fast it didn't derail on the sharp curves.

Chrysalis determined to stop this monster rapidly pulled ahead of the swarm.

"Pretty fast for a slug! But I'll get you!"

The creature heard her and soon some acid shot out of the smokestack and nearly got the queen. She may have dodged the attack but it didn't stop her from crashing into a tree. The other drones stopped to help her. "Don't tend to me chase that thing!"

The swarm soon reached Canterlot. The train yard was silent and there were derailed cars and a few bones on the ground. It had to be here somewhere. All Chrysalis knew that monster couldn't escape now. Now it was just a matter of fighting it.

Author's Note:

This will be longer than I planned. Also I included a SpongeBob reference.

PreviousChapters Next