• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,959 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,959

PreviousChapters Next
Flaws of Equality Part 3

Four more nights went by. Four more grueling, haunting nights, and to Starlight, they were getting worst. It wasn't worst because the alternates keep getting more aggressive in their attempts to enter ponies home. It was worst for her because ponies kept leaving with their cutie marks. Everyday the population of the town kept shrinking little by little. Until it was her, the prisoners, and four other ponies.

One night she called a meeting with the remaining members who were Sugar Belle, Night Glider, Party Favor, and Double Diamond. "Thank you all so much for coming to spend the night with me. I know these past few nights have not been easy for you guys."

Sugar Belle spoke up, her face full of concern. "We're happy to be with you Starlight but we actually wanted to talk to you about-"

"Starlight you up there?" Said a voice from the door that led to the basement.

The five ponies just stared at the door in shock. They knew it was an alternate. How did an alternate get in her house and into the basement? The voice then started humming a song. Starlight picked up a stick that was the staff of sameness. She wasn't going to use it to make an equal but instead use it like a melee weapon. "Ok I've had enough. Time to do this my way?"

Double Diamond grabbed her by the shoulder. "Starlight I don't think that's a good idea. Maybe we should just hide upstairs."

"No! These things have disrupted our way of life and its time to show them whose boss." She said.

"Starlight don't you think these things are trying to tell us something?" asked Night Glider.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Snapped Starlight.

"I mean these things just showed up after we imprisoned those six ponies from Ponyville. It's like they don't want to see a princess and her friends locked up." Explained Night glider.

"I wouldn't care if these things worshipped Celestia or Luna. They're unequal and I have to set the law down."

"Starlight listen to us! You're no more invincible than anypony here. You may be a good leader but this is far out of our control. We can't keep acting like we're all beneath this darkness." Exclaimed Party Favor,

"What are you guys even saying?" Asked Starlight.

The four looked at each other and Sugar Belle, using her magic, levitated four jars out of her bag which had their respected cutie marks. Starlight's jaw just dropped. Double looked at her. "We wished you never took our cutie marks in the first place. Because like everypony has been saying we were happy doing the things we liked."

Starlight Stammered. "B-but I-"

Night Glider stopped her. "And we are sorry it all had to come to this. But Starlight if you go down those stairs you might as well be joining your dead mother."

"Yeah and if by some miracle you come back out from that basement you will not be the same." Said Party Favor.

"Or at least you might as well be one of them disguised as yourself." Said Sugar Belle.

Double Diamond sighed "As for us, we will not be here to confirm that."

Starlight growled in anger and just looked at the four with fury. "Then just go ahead and leave then! JUST LEAVE!"

The remaining four left and now Starlight Glimmer was alone. She took the staff and opened the basement door. The humming stopped. She slowly went downstairs into the dark basement using her horn as a light source. She then saw a lantern and lit it up with a match.

She then saw a record playing and it started playing music. The music sounded like something from a nursery or an old music box. Then she heard a voice. It sounded like the same raspy whisper she heard but it was morphed with her mother. "What have you done?"

Somehow Starlight felt less mad and felt a more ominous and slight depressing feeling. "I did what I could."

"No one is coming to help you." Said the voice of her mother sounding clearer.

Starlight somehow felt tears welling up in her ears.

"Do you understand?" asked the voice.

Suddenly the music stopped and the light in the basement suddenly turned on. There right in front of her was the alicorn from the painting. It looked at her with a sinister smile. It was the one all the villagers had only worst. Starlight no longer felt powerful or equal she now felt lower than anything. The light flickered and now she was surrounded by alternates that looked like her mother. All she could do was scream.

====================

Twilight Sparkle heard the scream and looked outside. She saw four ponies rushing to the house they were trapped in. The door unlocked and they entered they were carrying six jars. Twilight and her friends just stared at them. "How?" she asked.

"We'll explain later we have to leave now." Said Double Diamond.

"What about Starlight?" asked Fluttershy.

"She's trying to take on those things alone." Said Night Glider.

Twilight gasped and raced towards her house. The others followed her. When Twilight found the basement she saw Starlight on the floor looking petrified. The staff was broken and in splinters. There was a black smear on her flank. Twilight touched it and found something shocking. "No way. You were never equal and the staff was just a stick."

Starlight said nothing as everypony else came in looking at her. Twilight sighed and looked around only to see a painting of the alicorn with a look of content. After reclaiming her mark, she lifted Starlight Glimmer with her magic to take her outside.

Author's Note:

I may not know everything about the alternates but at this point, you know I like to put a spin and twist on things.

PreviousChapters Next