• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,960 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Queen Chrysalis: Rails of a mimic Part 1

Changelings soared through the air over Canterlot. The queen looked on from a balcony in delight as the first phase of her plans worked well in her favor. She smirked as she saw a noble get covered in goo as he tried to make his esacpe. She walked off and entered the dungeons where many ponies were being kept in prisoned in cocoons. She smirked as the ponies looked at her with either fear or anger.

"You know this is almost too humorous for my liking. Its hard to believe only one pony was suspicious of my odd behavior and the rest of you had your heads in the clouds. I really should thank you for making this too easy, especially you Shining Armor."

The captain of the guard couldn't help but feel guilty about everything. To him, she was right. He blindly followed her and kicked his sister out like she wasn't family. Princess Cadence looked to Chrysalis with rage. "You leave him out of this! You got all the love you want! What more do you want?"

"What more do I want? I want it all. Soon the nation will flourish under the rule of me and my ever growing hive."

She then turned to one of her guards. “Any update on using their own transport?”

“We managed to convince the nation the railways are safe. A train should be here by tonight.”

“Excellent if any passengers are on board imprison them and use the train to scout out any towns along the line.”

She left leaving her prisoners in the barely lit dungeons. All they could do was worry about what was going on outside. However their attention turned to Twilight Sparkle. She had her back facing them and was looking down at her hooves. So many thoughts were going through her head.

=========

"Ok according to this map the local heroes resign in Ponyville. We'll blend in, take on thier form and trick them into thinking everything is fine."

A group of eight changelings gathered outside on the train station platform of Canterlot station. They just now needed to wait for a train to enter. Soon enough a whistle echoed and the train entered the station but something seemed off.

"Hey it's early. I wasn't expecting this for another two hours." Said one changeling

Another one shrugged. "Thats what i thought too. But isnt the train suppose to be either pink or black?"

The locomotive was red from cab roof to wheels. The same could be said about the carriages. The doors opened and to the group’s surprise the carriages were empty of any ponies. There wasn’t even a conductor on board. One changeling went to the cab and to his surprise there was another changeling inside just, staring at the controls.

“Hey how did you manage the steal this? Did anypony catch on to you?”

The changeling in the engine didn’t say anything. He didn’t even turn to acknowledge the one speaking to him. He just continued to stare blankly at the controls. The other changeling just shrugged and went to join his team. “Weirdo…”

After a small mission brief the team of eight got on board. The doors closed with a click and the train got moving into the night. “Any one of you know the guy up front? He’s a bit of an odd quiet one.”

No one had an answer as the train continued on down the line. Meanwhile upfront in the cab. The changeling was doing nothing but if one was in the cab with him, they would see his legs were fused to the engine cab floor. An odd sound would emit from the engine. It wasn’t anything normal, if anything it sounded like an animal growling.

Meanwhile in the carriage all was quiet when suddenly a dripping sound could be heard. “OW! Something hot dripped on me!”

The changelings turned to their comrade. One of them examined him. “Looks like an acidic burn. Maybe we should- ow! What the? Ew what’s that smell?”

All around them the carriage had a foul odor and the walls were starting to have some sort of liquid secrete down them. The changelings looked around in concern and alarm. “What kind of train is this? Is this normal?”

“This is some kind of trap! We got to get out of here!”

The changeling in charge soon bashed his body against a window only for it to not break. Another tried charging into the wall only for it to be met with a burning sensation. The acid was beginning to puddle and flood the floor. The changelings soon found themselves either hovering or getting on the seats.

“No it can’t end like this!”

One continued to throw his body at the window until finally it broke open and he was out. A strange roar was heard from the engine as the drone flew out. But the moment he looked back at the window it somehow fixed itself. It was then he saw that the entire train has changed. The wood and metal surface somehow looked more like flesh and there were eyes dotting the surface. He could’ve sworn the engine had a giant mouth at the front.

After recomposing himself he took off after it only for him to lose the train as it charged into a tunnel. “I got to inform the Queen.”

=======

On the other side of the tunnel was the Equestrian Post train. Its crew heard about an incident in Canterlot and was told to proceed with caution and report anything odd. However as it got to the tunnel the train stopped. The conductor was concerned and got to the front.

“Hey Rapid Run why did you stop?”

“I see something in the tunnel. Looks like a set of lights.”

“That’s impossible we’re suppose to be the only train on this line.”

Both Crew members peered out the engine and saw lights heading towards them and coming fast. Engineer Rapid Run immediately threw his engine in reverse and started moving the train backwards. As it got away they saw a giant slug like creature with glowing eyes and a giant mouth lunged out of the tunnel and roared but it didn’t chase them. Instead it retreated back into the tunnel.

Author's Note:

I know the train eater takes the form of Subway cars but I wonder how the train eater would look if it was a steam engine. Maybe I can commission someone to draw it. Also for some reason I think the train eater could either have the Half life Razor train horn or some ghostly steam whistle what do you guys think?

PreviousChapters Next