• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,960 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
The Height of a Haunting Part 3

Cozy was not having a good time as she continued flying around the woods trying to find whatever scrolls she could find. Right now she only found two more pages and now a new sound has joined the other three sounds, a slight ringing noise in her ears. She knows whenever she feels sick she knows the monster is nearby. She was now wishing more ponies or any other creatures were with her to help deal with this guy.

She flew down the trail when suddenly she saw something. It looked like a wrecked and abandoned locomotive. It was rusty and was missing some of it's wheels. There she saw a note attached to the engine's smoke stack. She flew up and read it while hovering. "What the...Help me?"

Two simple words was it all the note had as she took it. Suddenly all the noise stopped and was now dominated by the soft breeze and cricket chirping once again. Cozy was surprised and looked around. She couldn't see anything or even the tall pony in the distance. She then opened her saddlebag and took out all the pages she has collected. "What is so special about these pieces of paper?"

She pondered for a bit before deciding what to do with them. Her horn lit brighter and within seconds the pages were burned to ashes. She smiled as she thought she finally got rid of all the magic. "Haha I don't know what exactly you are mister faceless, but I think I destroyed what summons you! HA!"

Suddenly she felt something inside. Her eyes widened as she turned around and saw him. He was slowly walking towards her. Cozy attempted to fly away but she bumped into the locomotive's side. She tried to fly or even teleport away but now the tall pony was too close for her to do anything but feel sick.

She tried to crawl away as a last ditch effort, but suddenly found herself held in place by black tendrils, coming from the tall one. All she could do now was just stare at the blank canvas that was his head. She had only one option left. "Please, whoever you are, let me go I'll do anything!"

Suddenly in the wind she could hear a whisper. "Give back what you've taken."

Cozy suddenly felt as if her body was being drained of both magic and energy. Her long horn was shrinking to the point it was disappearing and her once bigger wings were shrinking to their original size. To her it felt like the worst pain of her life as she screamed.

=====================================

Meanwhile in Ponyville, Twilight and her friends were sadly eating whatever they could find in the school's cafeteria. A bottle of water was levitated near Rainbow Dash. "Here Rainbow" Said Twilight.

"Thanks" She said as she took it and began to chug it.

A couple seconds later. She spat out her water on Pinkie as her eyes widened as did her other friends. "Twilight did you just do magic?" asked Rarity.

"I did?" She asked as she levitated more items. "I DID! Wait so does that mean..."

Rarity began using her magic herself and Rainbow Dash immediately started flying. Slowly the entire world began feeling like their own magic was returning. The sun was now rising. Soon Chancellor Neighsay along with the royal sisters came into the room. "What happened? The magic is back somehow."

Twilight then remembered. "Whitetail woods! Cozy said the last source of magic was there. Something must've happened to her."

Luna's eyes widened as a thought struck her. "I'll investigate this myself." She said as she teleported out of the room leaving everyone confused.

===========================

Luna appeared right outside the woods and looked around. She noticed something moving on the trail. She then realized what it was. Instead of looking surprised she remained where she stood. The tall pony emerged from the woods carrying an unconscious filly on his back. Cozy was back to her normal self but she looked malnourished. Luna smiled as the stallion got close and placed her on the ground in front of her. "I should've known you'd step in at some point." She said.

The tall pony said nothing as he stared at the princess with his blank face. He only nodded as he used a tendril and gave Luna a scroll. It had a crude drawing of him and a younger version of Luna sitting on a hill. Luna smiled as she took the scroll from him. She soon lifted the filly with her magic and turned to leave, only for her to suddenly feel a hoof touching her. He turned to see him staring. He might not have a face but she could tell what was on his mind. "Don't worry. We're not going to be that cruel. Just looking at her, I think she suffered so much already from you."

Luna teleported away as the tall slender pony turned around and walked back into the woods, disappearing beyond the trees.

PreviousChapters Next