• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,959 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,959

PreviousChapters Next
The warning of the night Part 3

Nightmare Moon soared through the sky above the Everfree forest. The calming sound of the wind and the crickets certainly felt better than the complaining and fighting ponies. She knew it would only be a matter of time before she finds the tall creature. If that picture was accurate then it cant be hard to miss.

One question did stick out in her mind suddenly. If that thing could mimic the voices of ponies the citizens knew, would that mean the creature visited the castle and attacked her prisoners? She immediatly flew there only to find the wall in the dungeon was destroyed by something powerful and the cell was empty. If that thing attacked the six mares then that would mean she wont have to worry about them again. She continued flying until she finnaly heard a voice in the distance

"He he he come on lets play hide and seek."

Nightmare turned to the source and immediately charged towards it. The voice was unmistakably the pink party pony. The one who giggled at her scary looking trees. But as she got closer she couldn't find any trace of anypony or even the monster. It would be soon that she hears another voice in the distance.

"YEEEE HAAWWW"

She flew in the direction of that holler. All that she found at the source was nothing but a destroyed tree and a footprint. The print didn't look like anything she seen. It had to be from the monster. "Where are you coward? Show yourself to the ruler of the night!"

"Darling you look smashing."

That voice led her to a river where she found the remains of a destroyed timberwolf. "When I find you and my prisoners, you'll be begging for my mercy!"

"I can clear this in ten seconds flat." The voice of the loyal pegasus spoke. It sounded closer than any other voice.

Nightmare flew above the trees but found nothing in the air. All she could do was growl in anger. It's like they were playing games with her.

"There's always peace to be found out here with the woodland critters." Another voice said. This one was barely noticeable and sounded timid but nightmare still followed it to a clearing on a hill. "WHERE ARE YOU?!" She screamed at the sky.

"Right behind you..."

It sounded like Twilight Sparkle but as soon as she turned she saw it. A figure tall and slender like trees. Its tall height standing higher than the trees on thin legs. Its chest looking like a ribcage wrapped in skin. But the scariest part was it's two heads looking like air raid sirens with teeth. Nightmare soon shook off the shock and blasted a beam at it. "Got you!"

The victory was short lived as the smoke cleared to reveal the creature hasn't been hurt. Before she could do anything else the creature then emitted a sound unlike anything Equestria has ever heard. A loud, ear piercing, howling noise came out. Nightmare immediately covered her ears but she could still feel her ear drums were about to burst. She immediately flew away. When she got to a safe distance the ringing in her ears stopped and she could hear the footsteps of the monster. She peered out from behind a tree and saw it wandering. It then started speaking in a voice it didn't recognize.

"This is not a test... eternal night has fallen on this side of the planet... all residents please ensure you have food, water, and plenty of fire wood for the duration of the event." It then made small howling sounds in shorter sequences as it continued to wander.

"Duration? He thinks this will be short? No, it will be forever."

She then conjured up a forcefield around her head to protect her self against the noise. She then flew up and attempted to attack the monster a second time. She managed to strike it in the back making it stumbled before suddenly turning to grab her. It missed her by a few inches but a second swipe of its claw managed to grab her as she hovered. It surprised her so much the forcefield around her head popped like a bubble.

It lifted her up to its head. Nightmare stared deep into it. While still having no eyes she could feel the creature staring into her soul. She charged her horn ready to fire another beam of magic when the monster made another sound. The voice of another pony she could recognize.

”We were meant to rule together sister.”

Nightmare’s horn flickered off as he stared at the siren head in shock. The voice was unmistakable. “Celestia? No it’s impossible! You’re in league with her?!”

The monster shook its head No as it threw her to the ground hard. Nightmare tried to conjure another forcefield but she struck the ground so hard on her head, the force to it practically dampened her magic.

All she could do was stare at the monster as it loomed over her and made another loud noise that echoed through the night.

===========

Princess Celestia woke up in an almost familiar room. She took in her surroundings as memories came back to her.

“My old castle? How did I end up here?”

She wandered the castle taking a mental note of how much the place has degraded since she left. As she wandered closer to the exit she could hear the sounds of ponies running. She then saw her faithful student and her new friends at the door.

“Princess Celestia! You’re alive!”

The two ran and hugged each other. Celestia had a small tear run down her cheek. The pony she came to consider a daughter to her was still alive and not at the mercy of her sister. Speaking of which, if they were all here then did they find the elements of harmony?

“Twilight how did you free me?”

“We didn’t we heard your voice and started running back here.”

Celestia looked at her confused. “Twilight I just woke up in my old bedroom and I didn’t even yell.”

Now it was her student’s turn to look confused then realized what might’ve happened.

“Twilight what exactly happened when I disappeared.”

“Me and my new friends here came here to find the elements but Nightmare moon beat us to it. She trapped us and locked us in a cell. We were stuck for a few days until the walls collapsed and some tall monster walked away. We couldn’t return to the town because the bridge was gone and Rainbow dash and Fluttershy were too weak to fly from not eating.” Twilight explained.

It was then Celestia realized her subjects looked malnourished and the night was still here. She then lowered the moon and raised the sun. Celestia could’ve sworn when the sun raised she could hear the distant cheering of ponies all over the world. She then teleported away only to come back with fruits that still looked fresh. The ponies didn’t need permission to eat.

Celestia looked on into the forest. She knew this wasn’t over. “Stay here my student. I’ll be back.”

After a few minutes of flying Celestia found something, or rather, somepony on the ground. She could only stare at the pony that was once nightmare moon now her own sister. She looked badly injured and in a catatonic state, staring into the distance. Celestia sighed as she carefully picked up her sister with her magic. This was going to be a long recovery for her nation and her subjects. As she left, the siren head watched as she flew away. It would’ve thought the job was done but he looked at the five stones in its claws. The task is almost done.

PreviousChapters Next