• Published 11th May 2023
  • 2,959 Views, 347 Comments

The Ancient Guardians - autobotfan15

  • ...
18
 347
 2,959

PreviousChapters Next
War from Afar Part 4

The Storm King, Tempest Shadow, Grubber and the remaining forces came back to Canterlot. It's safe to assume that despite them having the enemy outnumbered and the amazing power they had, it was all for not. Tempest tried her best but despite everything she couldn't even take down one machine. However at some point she did get close but that came at the cost of what was left of her horn. She was in shock as she was so close to getting burnt. It was thanks to Grubber that she was able to duck down good enough for a heat ray to not burn her head clean off. All she could do was look in a shard of glass with her reflection and look at the spot on her forehead where a broken horn once stood.

Once they got inside the castle the Storm King stared out the balcony, his face full of contained rage and anger. Tempest walked up to him nervously. "Sir? What's the plan now?"

The King Said nothing. Tempest looked at the scepter still in his claw. "You know maybe if you restore my horn completely I might be more powerful. I know it got burnt off but I'm sure you could-"

Whatever she was about to say was cutoff as the King grabbed her by the neck and bought her up to his face. "You're worthless to me now. But I think, since you're powerless now, you should know this one thing. I can't restore your horn."

Tempest eyes went wide with shock as she struggled to breath. "What?"

"Do you honestly think magical body parts like horns can be restored? I only needed somepony with a grudge against Equestria to make my plans come to fruition. But thanks to your inability to take care of these invaders, and now that you lost your magic, you are no worth to me."

"What are you going to do to me?" She asked with worry.

The king then threw her to two waiting creatures who grabbed her. "You might as well join your kind while I take care of these invaders once and for all. Enjoy the guilt."

Next thing Tempest knew she was thrown into the dungeon where many more civilians were kept. They weren't given their own cell so to Tempest that only meant one thing. "Wait you guys! Don't lock me up with them!"

It was too late the cell door slammed shut and the two creatures left the dungeon. Tempest then heard a cough and slowly turned to several ponies she recognized. An earth pony mare stepped forward with rage. "I lost my son out there and you made a slave out of him didn't you?"

"You probably did the same to my wife." Said a pegasus stallion.

"GET HER!"

'Maybe I should've either listened to the princess or maybe just let the invaders blast me.' Thought Tempest as the dozens of ponies charged and started beating her with a pegasus jumping into the air with his elbow aimed at her body.

=======================

A few hours later they came. The ponies in cages couldn't do anything. Those that were strapped to wagons immediately tried to flee for they didn't want to find out what these invaders wanted. The storm creatures were soon fighting these things like there was no tomorrow. Slowly and surely the machines started to occupy a few streets.

Twilight Sparkle and her friends looked up in shock and amazement at these machines. One landed near them and they saw what looked like a hatch opened underneath. Soon they were face to face with the operators of this machine. A group of three legged aliens with a large head and two arms underneath.

One approached the door and used a tool to break open the door. After they slowly got out they looked to the group of aliens that saved them as they climbed back into their machine. One looked back to the ponies, the hippogriff and the cat, and gave them a wink. They all just stared as the machines slowly wandered around town. Capper was the first to speak up. "This is freaky."

======================

"You want some more? Come here!" Yelled the King as he used his scepter to either attempt to blast the war machines or teleport to another part of the city.

Things were not going well at all. Anywhere he looked he not only saw these machines. He would also see his soldiers getting blasted or running away. But no matter how bad it looked he kept fighting despite the invaders gaining more of the city. He soon found himself in the center of the city with war machines surrounding him. "You think you all can defeat me? I'll take you all on!"

Suddenly his scepter was blasted by one heat ray and suddenly turned to ashes in his claws. The King just stared in utter disbelief at the ashes as they slipped through his claw like sand. He then looked up and saw one of these machines inching it's way close to him. It's heat ray blinking as if it was charging up. "I may have no weapon but I can still destroy you all for I am the powerful-"

The heat ray blasted him. The Storm King was now screaming as it burnt at his fur, skin, and for a split second he now wished he could've done something else but whatever he had left whether being retorts, monologues, or even a beg for mercy, it died in his own screams and burning body.

=============================

The war machines left Canterlot. Many ponies tried to follow them but the machines were moving away so quickly not even the pegasus could keep up with them. The royal sisters and Cadence walked out of the stone garden as if nothing had happened to them. Whatever the invaders have done, it freed everypony that was trapped in stone. Twilight Sparkle went to the dungeon and there she was given quite a shock at what she found.

There was Tempest Shadow, bruised, broken and chained to the wall. She had a black eye and was bleeding from several places. She was barely conscious as she looked to the princess. Twilight looked all over the dungeon. Ponies were either giving Tempest the death glare or smiling at Twilight for finally coming to rescue them.

As Twilight let the civilians out, one thing now crossed her mind. What to do with a mare that lost everything and now had the whole world hating her? After all other ponies left she walked up to her and placed a hoof on her shoulder. "This is going to be a lot for both of us but maybe there's still hope for you."

PreviousChapters Next