• Published 1st Apr 2023
  • 266 Views, 8 Comments

How Bow met Windy - Applefai



The love story of Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles.

  • ...
 8
 266

A Chance Encounter

Four years have passed since Graduation and Bow finds himself back in Cloudsdale, he sets down his final box, having just moved back from Las Pegasus after staying there to play for the Pegs. Bow wipes the sweat from his forehead as he sits on the floor, planning on getting a couch later that day.

'Man, it's good to be back home,' he says to himself as he opens up a box and sees his Buckball trophy. He smiles fondly as he leaves it in the box, deciding to get furniture before unpacking.

As Bow left, he looked at the house he had bought and smiled. The flight to and from work may be hard, but he is glad to have a home now. The blue pegasus makes his way to a furniture shop and buys a couch for his den. After paying for it and scheduling it to be delivered, he walks around his city and takes in the new sights.

As he walks, he hears a voice from behind him. "Bow?"

Bow stopped and smiled, he turned around and grinned brighter as he saw Windy Whistles. "Hey, Windy, long time, no see," Bow said as he walked up to her, her doing the same. When they were close they both hugged each other smiling brightly.

"How've you been, I guess you have a game here huh?" Windy asks as she breaks the hug.

"Actually, I just moved back here," Bow said as he smiled, bringing a smile to Windy's face.

"Oh, that's great news, so are you staying with your parents?" Windy asked.

"Naw, I got my own place, how about you?" Bow replied.

"I'm staying with my parents until I pay off some college debt, but I don't mind," Windy replied as Bow nodded.

"I understand that so……would you like to hang out sometime, maybe get a bite to eat?" Bow asked.

Windy smiled. "I'd love to, I'm free tonight," she replied.

"Oh, in that case, I'll pick you up at eight," Bow said as he smiled, happy to catch up with his high school sweetheart.

That night, Bow picked up Windy at her house and they both flew to a local pub and sat at a table.

"Good evening, my name is Sleet Shake. I'll be your server this evening, can I start you two off with some drinks?" A waiter asked shortly after they sat down.

Bow and Windy both ordered their drinks and looked over the menu.

"So, how was playing for the Pegs?" Windy asked as she perused through the menu.

"It was great, my first game with them we won forty to zero," Bow replied as he looked through his menu.

"That's pretty cool, though not really surprising, you were always the best Buckball player I know," Windy replied, making Bow blush.

"Well, I try not to toot my own horn, but yeah, I'm just glad I made a full recovery from my accident in college," Bow replied.

"I noticed that your wing looks better than ever before, I guess that doctor was wrong huh," Windy said as the waiter then came back with their drinks and took their orders.

"Yeah, it's great," Bow replied as he took a sip of his drink. "So, what have you been up to?" Bow asked.

"Not too much really, just cheering for our local Buckball team, we don't really go to away games much, but I don't mind," Windy replied as she sipped her drink. "We were supposed to be in Las Pegasus one day, but I got sick and had to stay home. I was so excited to see you, so I was pretty bummed, but I watched the game on the tv and loved how you made the shot that beat the buzzer," Windy said with a smile.

"Yeah, that was my favorite game, the team even let me keep the ball from that game," Bow replied.

The two former lovebirds continued to chew the fat until their food arrived, after eating the two left the restaurant and walked around their town.

"So, what brought you back to Cloudsdale?" Windy asked.

Bow blushed as he thought about how to answer. "Well, I missed my friends, everything I love about this place, but most of all; I missed you," Bow said, making Windy blush bright red.

"Really?" Windy asked, her heart beating fast.

"Yeah, you were all I could think about," Bow replied as he wrapped an arm around Windy.

"I missed you too, Bow," Windy replied as she smiled.

Windy grinned mischievously as she patted Bow on his rear. "I see you've been taking care of your assets," Windy said, making Bow blush.

"Yeah, I have," Bow said after a nervous chuckle.

Windy smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder, her hand feeling his muscular build as they walked. "I really missed you, my little hurricane," Windy said, making Bow blush.

A moment of silence passed before Bow spoke up. "Windy, I know it's been four years, but would you like to start dating again?" Bow asked as Windy smiled.

"I don't know, will I be able to compete with the mares you dated in Las Pegasus?" Windy asked teasingly.

"Actually, I didn't date anypony in the four years I was there, I tried, but I couldn't stop thinking of you, I just missed your smile, your laugh, and I know you really loved me for who I was rather than what I was," Bow said making Windy blush. "How about you?" He asked as he stared into her eyes lovingly.

Windy looked down. "My ex did try to ask me out again, but after what he did I just couldn't forgive him, so I haven't been dating either, I've also been busy cheering our local Buckball team," Windy replied as Bow stroked her hair.

"I hope he didn't upset you, want me to go kick his ass?" Bow asked, forcing a chuckle out of Windy.

"No, it's ok; besides, I can handle myself you know," Windy said smugly, making Bow chuckle.

"I know, you are one sassy firecracker," Bow said as he kissed Windy on the cheek.

Windy smiled as she grabbed his head and kissed him on his lips. "I would love to start dating again," Windy said when she broke the kiss. "We have so much to catch up on," she said playfully as they returned to her house.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment