• Published 1st Apr 2023
  • 266 Views, 8 Comments

How Bow met Windy - Applefai



The love story of Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles.

  • ...
 8
 266

Proms and Promise: Windy's Thoughts

Windy and Bow land in the front lawn of her house, stretching their wings after a long flight.

"Well, this is my house," Windy said as Bow nodded.

"It looks really nice, and looks like I'm just two blocks down," Bow said, pointing towards his house. "Well, I better get home, I'll see you tomorrow at school," Bow said as he patted Windy on her shoulder as he left.

Windy blushed, she half expected a peck on the cheek, but respected Bow's consideration of her feelings. Windy started walking to the door, but before she could head inside. Her brother Atlas greets her, carrying a box in his hands.

“Hey, Windy, was that your boyfriend that just left?" Atlas asked, making her blush.

"What, no, he's just a friend who I happen to be going to prom with," Windy objected as her brother arched an eyebrow.

"I'm just messing with you, sis, anyway would you be so kind as to lend me a hand?” he asks.

“Sure,” Windy says as she helps support the box, helping him open the door and place the box into the moving chariot.

“I can’t believe I made it home to see you off to college,” Windy said as she saw the multitude of boxes piled into the vehicle, wondering how it could possibly hold the weight of everything.

Atlas chuckled as he ruffled her hair. “Like I was gonna leave without saying bye to you, my favorite sister,” Atlas said, causing Windy to blush.

“I’m your only sister,” Windy replied with a chuckle as their mother called out.

“Atlas, Windy, go take a shower and put on something decent, we’re going out to eat,” she yelled as she went back inside the house.

“Sounds like we’re all celebrating you going off to college,” Windy said as she began to tear up and suddenly threw her arms around her brother. “I’m sure gonna miss you,” Windy cried, holding back tears as her brother rubs her head.

“Hey, I’ll come and visit on the holidays, and I promise, I will be here to see you graduate,” Atlas said as he kissed her forehead. “Now come on, we better get ready,” he said as he and her walked into the house.

Windy and Atlas quickly take a shower and get dressed in their most decent clothes, Windy wears a baby blue dress in lieu of her tie-dye shirt and bellbottoms. Atlas wears a button-up shirt and black pants, tucking the bottom of the shirt into them as he puts on his dress shoes.

They leave their house and take off into the skies, Windy’s father is dressed in his usual suit and tie, he has shaved the stubble off and sports a clean shaven face, her mother wears a baby blue dress same as her, only with the difference being her hoop earrings.

As they fly, they talk about the classes that Atlas plans on taking, he has told them he wants to be an engineer so he is studying that, he also plans on dabbling in weather management and tracking.

Once they arrive at the restaurant, they are quickly seated and given menus, they each order what appears good to them and hand the menus back.

As they wait for their food, they partake in idle conversation.

They talked about how proud they were of Atlas and stuff like that, already making plans for when he comes to visit. Soon their food comes and they all eat in silence.

After dinner they all exit the restaurant and take to the skies to head home, once there, Atlas says his final goodbyes and then hitches himself to the moving chariot and flies off to college.

Windy goes into her room and lays in her bed, full from the meal and deep in thought. ‘I’m actually going to prom, it might not be how I expected it, but I’m going, I should be happy but why do I feel so nervous?’ She thinks to herself as her eyelids become heavy, not having a moment to even think about what Bow had asked her hours before. She looks up at her ceiling, thinking about the prom until sleep overtakes her.

The next morning she wakes up and goes to school like normal, with prom being in a week she starts to worry. ‘I know we're going as friends but should I dress up, is he, what are the social queues about that?’ she thinks to herself.

As she does her school work and prepares for the last game she will be cheering in, she is deep in thought. It isn’t until lunch time that her friend Misty snaps at her. “Hey, you ok there, Windy, you’ve been up in space all day,” she asks as she goes back to eating.

Regaining her composure, Misty looks at her food and pokes at it with her plastic spork. “Yeah, just lost in thought,” she says as she sighs.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Misty asks as she looks at Windy with concern.

“It’s just, I haven't dated or anything similar before, Bow asked me if I would go with him to the prom, but I’m just not sure, he suggested we go as friends but, I’m not sure if I should dress up or not,” Windy confided.

“I think you should, just because you're going as friends, doesn't mean you should be so formal,” Misty replied.

"You're probably right, I'm just so nervous I really don't want anything going wrong,” Windy replied.

“Oh and why might that be?” her friend asks, a teasing tone littering her voice.

Wind blushes bright red. “I might actually have a crush on him," Windy said as she prodded at her food.

“I think you have a point, Storm.” Windy replied calling Misty by her nickname the Buckball team had given her. "I should dress up in case we want to dance," she continued as she ate lunch.

Windy went the rest of the day planning on and looking forward to the prom, even though she was going stag, she was very excited.