• Published 1st Apr 2023
  • 266 Views, 8 Comments

How Bow met Windy - Applefai



The love story of Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles.

  • ...
 8
 266

To Dance or not to Dance

The night of the prom quickly came about and Bow drove up to Windy’s house dressed to the nines. His jet black tuxedo defines his muscular build as he walks up to the door and knocks.

Windy’s father opens the door and escorts him in, ensuring him that Windy will be down momentarily. As Bow waited he twiddled his thumbs, gently rocking the corsage in his hands.

Soon, Windy comes walking down the stairs, her mother and father video taping it as Bow stands speechless, though they were only going as friends, he couldn’t help but to blush.

Windy giggled slightly as she looked at him, “Like what you see?” she asks teasingly, forcing a sheepish grin to spread across Bow’s face.

“Yeah, you look beautiful,” Bow replied as he took out the corsage and fastened it on her wrist.

Windy then gets the boutonnière she got for him and fastens it onto his lapel.

“Looks like we still wanted to play by the book huh?” Bow asked as Windy giggled.

“Yeah, even though we’re going as friends, I still want us to enjoy it,” she replies as she stands beside Bow for a picture.

After letting Windy’s parents take a few pictures, Bow and Windy head out the door and get into his car to head to prom.

At the prom, Bow and Windy sat in the chairs they sat out for those who needed to take a break or were unsure what to do with themselves. As they sat they watched the others dance and having a good time. Windy sees that her ex was dancing with himself, relieved that he didn’t dump her just to go with another, but she kinda felt sorry that he was dancing alone. Bow notices that she’s staring and looks at her.

“Is that the guy that dumped you by note?” he asks with Windy giving a nod.

“Yeah, I just wish I knew why,” she says as Bow starts to get up, fist clenched tight.

Windy grabs his wrist before he gets too far. “Don’t,” she says, pulling Bow back down, “I know you mean well, but this isn’t your fight,” Windy said as Bow let out a sigh.

“What did you see in him?” Bow asks as he leans back in his chair.

“I really don’t know how to tell you the truth, he is the type of guy I like, sweet, caring, soft-spoken, and he even stands up for himself, but as far as interest we don’t really share anything.” Windy says, reflecting back on their relationship.

“How long were you together?” Bow asked, intrigued by her story.

“About a month, we didn’t really do anything outside of school, and honestly, I really don’t know much about him.” Windy admitted. “But enough about my ex, though we may not be dating, it doesn’t feel right to talk about him like this.” Windy said.

As Windy and Bow sat, Shooter saw them together and came up to talk to them. “Windy, hey and umm….Bow is it?” he asked as he tried to break the ice.

“It is,” Bow said, a little anger in his voice.

“Windy, I know it’s late and I have no good excuse, but I wanted to say sorry, I’m sorry that I dumped you by note, I was just scared to tell you in person,” Shooter said as he rubbed his head.

Windy sat there silent for a few minutes before sighing, “I forgive you, but I’ll admit I think I know how you felt, we didn't really click anyway,” Windy said as Shooter nodded.

“Yeah, I realized that and didn’t know how to tell you," Shooter replied.

After they talked, Shooter went off to the dance floor.

“You ok?” Bow asked Windy who gave a nod.

“Yeah,” Windy replied as she looked to the dance floor.

Bow sighs and gets up, “Come on, I know we’re just here as friends, but I can tell you want to dance,” he says as he holds out a hand.

Windy giggles, taking his hand and joining him on the dance floor. “Do you even know how to dance?” she asks as she places her hands on his shoulders.

“Yes actually,” Bow replied as he gingerly held her waist and started to move.

As they danced, Windy felt warm, Bow was gentle and light on his feet, intriguing her with his knowledge of other things besides buckball.

As they dance, Windy can’t help but to lean into his chest and enjoy herself. “I didn’t know you were so light on your feet,” she says as they dance to the music.

“I’m full of surprises,” Bow replied as he spun her around, trying his best to make tonight memorable for her.

The night seems to go by fast as they dance together, soon the prom is over and Bow takes her home, as he walks her up to the door, his mind goes ninety to nothing.

“Thank you for doing this, I really enjoyed myself,” Windy said as she hugged Bow goodbye,
Bow embraced the hug, letting go only after she did.
As he got back into his car he watched as she went into her house thinking, ‘I should have asked her if she wanted to go out, though it’s probably best I didn’t, at least not yet.’ he thought to himself as he pulled out of her driveway and drove off.

******************************************************************************************************************
Soon, graduation is upon them, Bow sits in the vast auditorium as the principal calls the names of each student in alphabetical order. Soon his name is called and he walks across the stage to get his diploma.

The last one to get called up to the stage is Windy, as she walks across the stage, she sees her parents and her brother Atlas in the audience, after receiving her diploma, she joins the other students in tossing their caps into the air to celebrate.

After the ceremony, Windy talks with her parents and brother, making plans for a celebratory dinner, Windy accepts and as she gets in the car Bow tries to catch her but stops himself. “Naw, she needs to be with family, and so do I,” he says to himself as he finds his folks and sibling.