• Published 20th Feb 2023
  • 1,688 Views, 67 Comments

Spike The Awakened Gamer - SpookySocks



A boy was transported into Spike's body with the Gamer's Interface.

  • ...
14
 67
 1,688

Gamer's Hub

Strange…I don't know where I am, but this place is giving off otherworldly vibes, maybe due to the fact that it's indeed a different dimension? Well, that's the last thing on my mind right now.

I began walking around, using [Observation] on everything this place had to offer. The civilization…. How can I say this? Mixed? Yeah I think that's the suitable word, Ponies, dragons, griffons were hanging around peacefully.

What is this? Am I in some sort of heaven? I shrugged off this as a weird machine that resembled a metallic ball with green eye approached me, I got on guard as I heard the machine say:

"Welcome to [Gamer's Hub], I'm Eddbot, your personal drone unit," The 'drone' said as I began analyzing it.

[Drone Unit]

Eddbot (Lvl: Nan)

A drone unit that provides assistance to whoever needs it. Can be used as a map in the overworld.

—-------------------

After analyzing the drone I began to ponder for a bit, if this thing can answer my questions about the gamer interface then I might as well use it, there is a lot of stuff I don't get with Gamer's Paradise.

The drone's green eyeball turned yellow as blue, transparent tab appeared with certain words written on them.

"What would you need help with?" It reads as different buttons appear.

"About Myself"

"Gamer's Hub"

"Weapon Enchanting"

"Party System"

"World Events"

—-----------

All of those options intrigued me but first, I needed to know where I am at the moment. I pressed on the "Gamer's Hub" button as the tab disappeared with another one popping just after.

*The "Gamer's Hub" is a unique dimension created specifically to meet the needs and preferences of gamers. One can interact with other ardent gamers while exploring this world and finding a variety of items, from potent weapons to restorative facilities.* The bot said.

Looks like my suspicions were confirmed, I'm indeed stuck in a lobby for gamers, what worries me is the potentially high level gamers, if this place doesn't have a safe zone then it would be a problem for me, but then again, they got healing centers which means that I won't have to worry about losing HP, all I need to do is survive.

I decided to go back to the previous tab, I need the information I can get. The best way to do so is by finding information about "Myself". I pressed the button as another tab appeared.

*Spike: a unique vessel randomly selected by the Gamer's Paradise interface to transport [REDACTED] into the wonderful world of "My Little Pony". Additional boost for [Instincts], Natural talent with [Dragon's Fire], Enhanced Endurance.*

Right, Spike can shoot fire, not magical only, but fire that can burn. I really should start training that skill. That would be for later, there is stuff that I'm curious about.

I pressed on the "World Events" button, I needed to know what's happening to the world after the interface shows up, it can even be a decent exp farm or bits farm, both will do.

*'World Events' refer to a collection of extraordinary occurrences that do not pertain to the main storyline. They are additional events that may randomly occur at various locations and times within Equestria. Engaging in these events can be challenging but completing them may grant you legendary items as rewards.*

Just as I thought, extra storylines for me to finish, they sound like fun and rewarding but at the same time hard, I'm not going to participate in one until I'm 100% confident that I can finish it.

Well, that would be all that I needed to know for now, I closed the tab as I walked through the pocket dimension of gamers, there are lots of ponies and other races here, huh, I guess all of them are people who got thrown into this world as random characters.

As I walked, I saw a very VERY familiar dragon… at least, to future Spike. It's hard for me to not recognize those dull red scales and the yellow underbelly, it's definitely a garble gamer.

He approached me with confidence as two other dragons were behind him. For some strange reason, I kept my guard on, he seemed powerful, radiating with power, I felt like trembling but thanks to [Gamer's Mind] I kept myself from panicking.

"Look who we got here, another Spike!" 'Garble' said as the other dragons stared at me like some hungry hyenas, I kept my silence as I used [Observation] on 'Garble'.

[The Strongest]

(DragonGrip (Lvl ???)

A beast for a dragon.

—---------

Not even my [Observation] managed to analyze his level, damn it, that means he's WAY above mine, I should think of something to get out of this situation, he may be friendly but I doubt that, his presence is already malicious it's not like he's trying to hide it anyway.

My [Observation] rose in levels as it was now at level 15, huh, so analyzing stupidly powerful individuals can help me gain faster levels. I'll make use of that information later, I need to get out of this confrontation alive.

"It's rare nowadays to find Spike gamers so I'll cut to the chase. Join my party of dragons and I will let you live, how's that?" He said with a confident tone as I was beginning to get pissed off.

"And if I refused?" I simply said, 'Garble' began laughing uncontrollably for a few seconds before going back to the topic. "I'm sure you've noticed the difference between us in terms of levels, you won't even be able to escape from me, are you sure you want to endanger your own life?"

I slowly took out my cutlass and Dagger out of my inventory, there's no way I'll join someone like him! Not in a million years! "Fighting is not about strength, but it's about battle strategies" What I'm saying is half truth, you can win a battle against a powerful adversary if you are smart enough, but you CAN'T win against someone who can easily intimidate you with his presence, I'm just saying this to act like I don't fear him at all.

"Then, I'll give you a deal, we will do a simple PVP, if you are to lose, then you will die" He said.

"What if I won?" I asked as he chuckled for a bit which made me slightly more pissed off at his arrogance.

"If you somehow win, I'll let you live" I nodded as I got in a battle stance, fighting another dragon who's also a higher level than me is troublesome, his defense is unbreakable and his offense is unstoppable, it's like if the immovable object and the unstoppable force had a child.

"Alright then, let's start the battle already" He said dismissively as I used both of my weapons to give myself a boost in my stats, especially speed, clearing the distance between me and him, I immediately drew my cutlass towards his head, ready to decapitate him on the spot. During the attack, I've seen how calm his face as his eyes were following the tip of my blade.

Strange, he's not trying to do anything, before my blade made contact with his skin, I immediately redirected my cutlass towards the upcoming fist that was heading towards my stomach. What in the world? I didn't even see him move his hands, what a monstrous speed.

The punch sent me a few meters away from him as the notification of [Instincts] just appeared. He's too fast, even faster than my [Instincts], I'm fighting a devil, I don't think I'll win, this… this is a battle I can't win. He took 10% of my HP with that punch.

In a desperate attempt, I decided to do the most cowardly thing I've ever done…. Run away, it's my best bet right now is to run, at least ask for help? Why's no one helping? God I hate how weakness is frustrating! If I ever survive this, I'll make sure to level up, train my body to its limits. I don't want to remain weak.

In just a split second, I saw Garble's fist ready to punch me, I instinctively shielded myself with my dagger as the fist broke through the dagger completely shattering it while hitting me, taking away 70% of my HP while sending me flying away.

"Don't think you could run away from a PVP" He said as I landed harshly on the ground, the excruciating pain from the punch immediately disappeared thanks to [Gamer's Body] but the HP loss was still there, Garble immediately appeared in front of me with his evil smirk.

"You didn't fight well, time for you to meet your end" He said, this time, charging a beam from his mouth to just disintegrate me in one go, I closed my eyes ready to meet my fate. Guess I didn't make it alive huh? Atleast, I could have a painless death.

I waited for my end yet, it never seemed to come. Strangely, I expected my death to be painless but not to this extent, at least I would've felt the heat of the beam. I slowly opened my eyes as I saw a green shield around me while another familiar person was in front me.

Smolder, she stood in front of me, protecting me from the heat blast as Garble looked at her annoyed. "What are you doing here? 'Sister'? Didn't you say that you won't intervene with our business?" Garble said.

She dispelled the shield as she looked at him with visible confidence. "And let you kill another Spike? No way!" She replied as Garble huffed in annoyance.

"He challenged me in a PvP, I'm only doing him a favor by ending his life" Garble replied as he got in a battle stance.

"No one's ending lives while I'm here" She said as she got in a battle stance as well. The two dragons that were with Garble tried to sneak behind Smolder as they got closer to Spike.

Yet, their attempts weren't successful as Smolder quickly blasted them away while returning her focus towards her 'brother'. "Oh and by the way, Spike will be part of my party and since he's a future member, it's my duty to protect him" She added.

Future member to the party? Well, at least it's Smolder, I don't have anything against her plus the fact that she saved me from death.

Garble just growled before sighing as he went to back up his unconscious party members before turning towards Smolder. "You better train this little guy, the next time I meet him, I won't be too merciful" He said as he flew away.

He was right, and that's what I'm going to do, I'll be strong and stronger so I can crush your damn skull to dust. I used [Observation] on Smolder who watched Garble leave.

[Explosive Fist]

(????? (Lvl ????)

Her intelligence and her ability to cast explosive fire makes her one of the most dangerous dragons around.

—-----------

Yeah, she's alot stronger than me, I don't know what I expected by using Observation on her other than the high increase of levels on the move,

[Observation is now level 25! Longer description on high level beings.]

It simply read as I dismissed the notification before looking back at Smolder. She lent me a claw to stand up as I hesitantly accepted.

"Sorry for being late, Here drink this" She gave me a blue potion as I took it, drinking from it. Surprisingly, I'm back to full health.

"Garble's party is full of assholes, good thing you didn't join them" She said with a slight smile while I was just deep in thought.

"Thanks… thanks for helping me, I'm really grateful for your help" I said, if it wasn't for her, I would've died. Thanks to her, I have a second chance to get stronger, to be the most powerful.

"C'mon don't thank me, I just hate it when high level players pick in new players" I nodded to her before asking her a question.

"Can I join your party?" I asked, first, I need to make sure that I have some sort of protection against high level players, I'm too weak on my own.

She was shocked at my question before she gave me a wide smile. "Of course! You are welcome to join! Honestly, no one really wanted to join my party" Smolder confessed with comical sadness.

Perhaps they don't want to be associated with Garble, maybe that's why? Eh, I didn't dare to say that in front of her, I know my limits.

"Hold on, let me send you an invite" She said as a notification appeared on my In-box.

*???? had invited you to their party "Cool Dragons"*

Well, that's not a good name for a party if you plan to invite players that are not dragons but then again, I'm a dragon player myself so it didn't matter.

I accepted the party invite.

[Congratulations! You've successfully joined "Cool Dragons", current leader: "????"]

The thing is that, not even Gamer Paradise wanted to show me her username, I guess she's really a higher level than me and Garble.

Author's Note:

Yeah, back again with a new chapter, just decided to add Smolder and Garble into this fun to make it more interesting and also for Spike to get access to complex information about Gamer's Paradise

Comments ( 5 )

More good

"What if I won?" I asked as he chuckled for a bit which made me slightly more pissed off at his arrogance.

Win, won is past

11626082

English is weird like that, you can ask about a future event using a past tense because you are asking from the viewpoint as through you have already survived the event?

the fact that the Drone has NAN gives information about the data structures being used. If it just had a straight integer no matter the size, the number line is continous, NAN is applied to one of the so called illegal bit patterns when trying to define numbers using floating point representation, or unless the datafield is described by a meta array, with certain integers being mapped to information values. A common is to used signed numbers, positive vlues are lvels, and negative are error and other information containing?

Going off the same level jump in Observe given the different base values, Smolder is Many times more capable than Garble, It would be intresting if Spikes Observe can give any more data just because his Observe slots for index entries have expanded enough that he can now get the hint of just how big a lit of Abilities, Feats, Classes and other meta information on her character is. Depending on the Game Engine, the highest levels can even start to form recursive loops in recovery methods so if statted just right, you end up becoming a Sorcerer. Creating your own levels without needing external grind and new locations. this gets even crazier if youre allowed to build your own level up resources such as locations, resource gnerators etc.

Personally, Ive always found personal resource gneration intresting, because if you can sell hair, it regrows. Milk, Eggs, Blood etc are personal renewable resources depending on species. Depending on your starting point and realm use, Dragons can have rediculous amounts of personal resource generation, especially if they work on the internal refinery of non organic resource consumption production.:moustache:

11626166
High level players with Observation can be pretty powerful since they can view your achievements, levels, spells pretty easily. Also, the idea of Spike spamming Observation on high level players was meant to be used on Nightmare Moon back at chapter 3 but I kinda forgot so I used this chapter to introduce it.

he got that gamer gene

he gonna game

my favorite part was when he said "I'm gonna game" and gamered all over everything

Login or register to comment