• Published 20th Feb 2023
  • 1,687 Views, 67 Comments

Spike The Awakened Gamer - SpookySocks



A boy was transported into Spike's body with the Gamer's Interface.

  • ...
14
 67
 1,687

Against The Night

We finally reached the library as Twilight began looking for the light. Well, looks like Twilight is in for a surprise party.

The lights of the library turned on revealing a punch of ponies around them, Spike looked around the library only to find it decorated for the secret party pinkie threw.

That's weird, when I entered the library before I didn't even notice those decorations here. Did Pinkie really set up everything in a record breaking time? Well atleast it calms my worries about her being entirely gone from existence just because of my appearance on this world.

The Ponies all yelled "Surprise" to Twilight who was dumbfounded by the surprise party that she got.

"What is all of this?!" She asked, clearly surprised that she got a surprise welcome party.

I saw pinkie walk to Twilight as she began greeting her, perfect. She's the last member of the mane 6 to use my [ Observation ] on. I quickly observed her.

[ Element Of Laughter ]

Pinkie Pie (Lvl 15)

Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie and I love cupcakes and my friends!

—----

….. What? Gamer's Paradise, really? Why couldn't you give her a more professional bio?

… No response, ofcourse. I'm talking with a system, how silly of of me. Though, her level is the same as Twilight which is nice.

But from what I can tell, all of them are not strong enough to defeat Nightmare Moon on their own, sure the elements can boost them temporary with extra levels to win against her but what's the use of that?

If they just kept relying on the elements to solve all of their work for them and not actually work their way up to high level then that would be troublesome for them.

Fortunately, while they're going to be busy with their friendship problems, I'll be busy with leveling up and exploring Gamer's Paradise properly. I feel like the unknown attacker is up to something and I can't let them live anymore.

While I love to stay here and continue on with my deep thoughts session, I think saving Twilight from that hot drink is a bit better. Seeing how she was about to drink the… drink, I quickly took a pebble and threw it at the drink completely knocking it out of her magic grasp.

The pebble startled her as she looked around to find the pony that threw it at her. I acted casual so I wouldn't get busted by her. She let out an irritated sigh as I saw her walk up into the bedroom of the library.

Looks like she is in a bad mood right now, I guess I'll give her time for herself right now. I walked out leaving the party. I have this plan of mine to train my agility before the fight against Nightmare Moon.

I quickly took out the dagger, I felt the Strength and Agility buff. Great, this buff that came along with the dagger can work on any type of attack that I make as long as I have the dagger equipped.

I started sprinting around the entire ponyville while professionally swinging the dagger at some trees I come in contact with.

[ Dagger Mastery had leveled up! ]

[ Dagger Mastery had leveled up! ]

[ Dagger Mastery had leveled up! ]


I opened the skill tab and went over to the Dagger, sweet. This little endeavor wasn't useless afterall. Now that My Dagger Mastery is on level 4, I can fight properly with it.

I continued running for a while leveling up my agility stats with only two levels. I really have to find an efficient way to grind my agility and other stats, don't want to be stuck with the same stats for the entire storyline.

From how the sky had darkened, I realized that it's time for Nightmare Moon to appear. I started making my way to the town hall while gazing at the moon that the evil alicorn was banished to.

While I was on my little journey towards the town hall, I spotted Twilight walking towards the town hall as well, I went up to her.

"Hey, Twilight," I greeted casually as if I never left the party for a while now.

"Spike? Where were you?" She asked, I can see that there was a slight concern on her tone.

"Ah, I was just outside taking a walk around this beautiful town~" I said happily. Welp, note to self, always have an excuse ready in case Twilight started asking questions like this.

"That doesn't matter now, let's go before we miss the celebration," She used her magic as she picked me up and placed me on her back.

"You know I can walk, right?" I asked her.

"Well, obviously yeah. But you always like to slack around," She replied. Yeah, she was right. I was slacking around behind her while she was taking the lead.

As we reached the town hall, we saw everypony being ready for their part on the celebration. Fluttershy was getting the bird choir ready to sing while Rarity stood on the central balcony, ready to pull the curtains.

My gaze went to the sky as I watched the cluster of Stars crush into the moon, which caused the image of the mare to disappear.

It's about time you finally arrived Nightmare Moon, I was really excited to fight her. Nightmare Moon is like an optional endgame boss for me, I can choose to either let her for the mercy of the mane 6 or defeat her by my own hands.

And since I need that exp from her, then I would be the one to defeat her. But I won't kill her. Afterall, I have other intentions with her good counterpart, princess Luna. While her older sister is a perfect wisdom stat grind, she is a perfect intelligence stat grind.

Her intelligence is something that I plan to take advantage of, with my close relations with Princess Celestia, I can get to have a conversation with princess Luna.

Seeing how she is the smartest pony that I know, sure Twilight is also smart but naive. Luna is both smart and sharper than Twilight which is good for me atleast.

Mayor Mare appeared at the podium ready to give her speech for the celebration.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts, as a mayor of ponyville, it is my pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration," She said as some cheers could be heard.

"In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year! And now, it is my great honor to introduce you to the ruler of our land, the very pony who gave sun and moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all in Equestria…. Princess Celestia!"

Rarity pulled the rope that held the curtains to reveal the princess, and just like I expected, she wasn't there.

"That can't be good," I heard Twilight say. For you, atleast. But for me, I find this quite good for me. Sure dangerous, but I'll take the risk this time.

I could hear the sound of the chattering emitting from the worried crowd. Mayor Mare tried to calm down everypony who was worried.

"Remain calm, everypony, there must be a reasonable explanation!" The mayor said trying to calm down everypony.

I decided to open my stats again to check if I missed anything.
—--------------
Spike level 8

Race: Dragon

HP: 200/200

MP: 150/150

STR (Strength): 15 (+3)

AG (Agility): 15 (+8)

INT (Intelligence): 23

WIS (Wisdom) : 17

VIT (Vitality): 11

END (Endurance): 17

LUCK: 15

Point(s): 0
—-------------

This would be enough, I can rely on my strength, agility and Intelligence to win this battle. Nightmare Moon mind must be clouded with anger and revenge which makes her unable to think straight.

[ New Quest Had Appeared! ]

I quickly looked at the balcony only to find Nightmare Moon standing there. I opened the quest notification to get more info about the quest.

{ Quest: Defeat Nightmare Moon!}
Description:
Nightmare Moon successfully escaped from her banishment on the moon and now she is seeking revenge!

Rewards: 1500 exp, 540 bits, A New Title, A New Weapon.

Failure: Death by Nightmare Moon.

—-----

I smiled at the rewards, 1500 exp and a new weapon? This is really exciting. It's like when a newbie in an rpg video game gets an endgame weapon.

It would carry them until the end of the game, if I get this weapon then leveling up would be atleast easier for me.

Perfect, now my plan shall commence. I have to act like I passed out. I quickly "passed out" on Twilight's back.

Welp, I'm going to save you all the boring details and skip to where Twilight dropped me into the bed in the library.

I heard the mane 6 exit the library as I rose into a sitting position like a vampire waking up. I smirked to myself as I got out my dagger and exited the library… through the window.

I calmly walked through the dark streets of ponyville while humming a musical tone. This is it, the walk into destiny. Will I get destroyed or will my plan succeed and win?

All I know is that I'm putting some of my faith in my luck stats for this plan, and if I didn't I guess I can die or conveniently get saved by the mane 6, but I'm not trying to die now.

As I approached the Everfree forest I was calm, sure the forest may look something terrifying for the residents of Equestria but it looks like any normal forest on a rainy night to me.

As I entered the forest following my own trail, I stumbled upon a weeping mare on near a tree. Tch, this forest is really testing me, better not annoy myself with Nightmare Moon trials and continue on.

Just then, the weeping mare turned towards me with her teary eyes.

"Please help me," the same mare said as she cried even harder. I sighed at this and started approaching her.

The Mare's POV:

*There there, Young Drake. Just a little bit more,* The 'mare' thought to herself as she watched Spike walk closer to her with bad intentions towards the baby dragon.

Just as she was about to strike the dragon, she started feeling light while looking at Spike. She looked back and saw a headless body of a pony. Until she realized that, that was her own body.

Her head landed next to Spike's foot as he looked at the 'Mare' with disinterest before smashing her head with his foot.

Spike's POV:

I watched the head of the once weeping mare turn into a tree roots. I quickly used my Dagger and immediately removed the tree roots as the tree withered away while giving me exp.

Tree of illusion, if it weren't for my [ Observation ] I would've easily fell for it. Damn it, annoying creatures.

I continued walking through the Everfree forest, from what I can hear, timber wolves are nearby me. Better be ready than sorry.

I started dashing through the forest towards where I think the timber wolves are. There they are, a whole pack of timber wolves on the middle of the Everfree forest. I smiled at this, they can be an infinite source of exp with their regenerative abilities.

I quickly lured one out by whistling to it quietly so the others cant hear, the second it got closer to me I immediately decapitated it as it's wooden head fell to the ground.

I waited for the exp drop until a sudden realization strucked me. I can't get exp from them if they're not truly dead.

Another sigh escaped my mouth as I watched the wolf started rebuilding itself back, I quickly chopped off every limb leaving the wolf with only it's head.

Welp, this is time wasting. I dashed away from the pack with a disappointed mood as I finally made it to the castle of the two sisters. Dodging the traps and some of the falling debrees I managed to find myself in a corridor.

I stood there calmly as I watch the form Nightmare Moon appear at the other end of the corridor. I took a deep breath as I braced myself for the battle.

"You dareth step a foot on thy castle?" I heard Nightmare Moon say with hint of arrogance.

"Oh? That's your castle? Gee, I didn't know someone like you had a home, let alone a castle," I retorted with a smug tone on my voice and a smirk on my face.

I swear I could see her gritting her teeth in anger which made my already wide smirk widen more, Good be more angry. It's not benefiting you but I can't the say the same for me.

"Thou know, I'm in a good mood tonight, so I'll let thou go with your body in contact, just barely," She said as she started channeling a dark magic beam on her horn.

Perfect, the attack I was waiting for. I waited for her to shoot the beam, when she shot the beam I quickly took out the mirror and redirected the beam back to her which made her dodge her own attack.

"Stop attacking yourself," I said with another smug tone as the smirk on my face was replaced with a serious expression.

"H-How?! How can such a small creature like you block an advanced dark magic attack!" She exclaimed, clearly in disbelief at what she is witnessing.

"Well, I guess no more goofing around," I said as I got into a battle stance while an intimidating aura started emitting from me. Nightmare Moon shook her head as she started glaring at me.

"That doesn't matter, I'll crush you!" Nightmare Moon poofed into thin air, I started looking around for her location only for my [ Instincts ] to start working, seeing the notification I quickly ducked down dodging a kick from the night mare.

I backflipped away from the mare making a distance between us.

"Thou reflexes are great, Young One. But it's still won't change the outcome!" She said arrogantly.

I smirked at her ignorance as I cleared the distance between me and her aiming a slash towards her neck. She quickly but barely blocked my slash with her horn as we started exchanging slashes with eachother

My dagger collided with her horn as we were on a hold lock, trying to outpower eachother. I noticed her horn started glowing as I quickly jumped back from her.

"Thou may be good with knives, but what are thou going to do against thy giant hot fireballs?!" She said as she summoned two giant flaming balls.

Gee, you really need to work on your wording.

I watched as the fireballs started getting closer, my grip on the dagger tightened as I closed my eyes. The sound of wind being cut was heard as Nightmare Moon stood there with shock only to find Spike standing menacingly.

She looked at the fireballs she sent towards Spike only to find them frozen in the air with a perfect cut on both of them before diminishing.

Nightmare Moon POV:

Did…he just cut… fire? This individual is really daring and undoubtedly skilled, I'll have to take him seriously.

Spike's POV:

I smirked at the shocked face of Nightmare Moon as I rushed towards her ready to take her out. She quickly got out of her trance as she prepared another magical attack.

Hmmm, another magic beam or a fireball? Let's see if she can surprise me. I saw Nightmare Moon poof into the air again, old. I quickly looked around for her only to find her flying above me with a smirk.

What is she planning to do? That's when realization strucked me. I quickly threw my dagger to the sky as I saw it collide with lightning. Smart, she knew I couldn't dodge lightning, honestly I don't even know who can.

I saw a notification of my [ Instincts ] move, looks like it doesn't work quickly against fast stuff like light, looks like I'll have to rely on my real instincts for this one.

I picked up the Dagger I threw only to find her gone. Wait… was that just a distraction? My [ Instincts ] started tingling like crazy as I blocked another kick with my Dagger.

This wasn't expected at all, I have to step up my game if I want to defeat her. She poofed again and appeared behind me with dark magic beam already charged, she threw the beam at me as I got ready to redirect it with my mirror only to realize that she disappeared again.

I saw my [ Instincts ] warning me of danger but I couldn't move, I took the kick full force as sent me flying towards the dark magical beam, colliding with it which caused a giant explosion.

The explosion cleared as Nightmare Moon stood with a smirk on her face.

"It appears that thou've been defeated," She said as she started walking towards the elements of harmony room.

But before she continued any further, she quickly dodged an upcoming dagger from behind her, she looked behind her only to find Spike standing with few bruises as he glared at the mare.

"Thou missed," She said arrogantly which made Spike give her another smirk.

"I had no intentions of hitting you," He said, Nightmare Moon turned back towards the dagger only to realize the danger Spike put her in.

He activated a trap with his dagger, she quickly blocked the arc of arrows that was heading towards her but leaving her back wide open. She looked back at Spike with a cocky smile only to find him gone, until she felt pain on her back.

She looked behind her only to find that Spike had already slashed her, she fell to her knees from pain, she tried to get up only to be met by a shock that disabled all of her body.

Spike had successfully delivered a blow to her liver, from the anatomy book about ponies I read, I knew where the liver was located which made me the victorious of this battle.

Afterall, punching a liver will cause the entire body to shutdown completely removing the mobility of your own opponent.

I walked towards the downed pony as I picked her head up from her horn making her head face mine.

Nightmare Moon POV:

I watched as the young drake picked my head with his hands as I stared into his seemingly lifeless, bored eyes. For the first time in my life, I felt defeated and to make matters even worse, by a baby dragon.

I expected him to take that Dagger and cut my head off with it only for him to drop my head to the ground and…. Started eating an Apple Pie?

Spike's POV:

Yeah, I'm not going to kill her. I continued munching on the pie as I saw my health being restored to max.

What am I supposed to do with her? Well, I'll leave her to the mercy of mane 6. I've already did my damage and that would surely count for the quest.

Welp, no use in staying here if I don't want Twilight to see what I've been up to. I quickly added my Dagger back to my inventory as I started making my way outside the castle.

Mission's done, now I don't think Twilight and her friends are going to have trouble with fighting her. I started making my way outside the Everfree forest as I can finally see ponyville in the distance.

After walking for a while I finally made it back to ponyville. Welp, that's Nightmare Moon taken care of, now for the other upcoming villains.

I started formulating a plan on my head on how to beat the upcoming villains until a rainbow explosion interrupted my thoughts.

I looked at the small as a smile made its way to my lips. Finally, we are done with this obstacle, now for the others.

I saw a ton of notification appeared on the system as I opened the most important out of them all.

[ Quest Completed! ]

[ You Have Leveled Up! x10]

Author's Note:

Well, since Spike got 50 points what do you think is better to spend these points on?