• Published 1st Dec 2022
  • 789 Views, 78 Comments

The Cutie Alchemist - Visharo



Starswirl the Bearded has cracked the code to life, how did he not see it before? It's everywhere. It's in the sky, the earth, the animals, even the fruit!

  • ...
2
 78
 789

Starfall

Star: a waxing or waning fortune or fame

Fall: to suffer ruin, defeat, or failure

------------------------------------------------------

Celestia stumbled with a cry. Sunset immediately turned around to help her but Celestia waved her away.

"Go! I'll catch up."

"Don't be stubborn, we need to go!" Shining appeared by her side and tried to heave her up, but Celestia had let herself go limp.

"Shining. Shining!" She knocked his head which finally got him to stop. "Shining, I need you to promise me that you'll get Sunset back home, alright? No matter what may or may happen to me, you need to get her back home."

"Stop talking crazy, you're coming too!"

"Of course, you dimwit!" She shoved the stallion away. "Now go! I just need to check on something."

"Celestia! Promise me you'll be safe?"

"I promise, Sunset. I cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Sunset nodded at that, then hightailed it out of there. Shining Armor gave her one last look then followed.

Celestia got up and sighed. She prepared herself mentally and ran back up the hill to where the explosions and thudding were happening. When she finally got to the top of the hill, she nearly collapsed in terror. Swirly was falling! She nearly charged up her horn to try to catch him when suddenly a large entity slammed into that monster and saved Swirly. She breathed a sigh of relief which immediately caught in her throat.

The entity turned out to be Luna and then she fell! Celestia found herself charging down the hill towards where her sister had fallen. She couldn't leave her alone, not now! The monster shook the world with his laughter as he prepared for a final stomp.

"NO!"

She couldn't let him! But then, a revolting presence grounded her to a halt. Celestia felt her willpower dissolve into nothing. The sky turned into a putrid green, then, without warning, the monster fell and sighed his last breath. But Celestia wasn't worried about him, no, she was worried about Swirly.

The Starswirl she knew was kind, old, and wise. This new Starswirl looked nothing like him. His eyes had no pupils and glowed a sickly green. His beard was long and ragged. His simple wooden staff now sported a very evil looking red and black metal staff. His aura felt like pure malevolence, something not even the giant monster had. Celestia instinctively took a step back.

But Luna!

She took a step forward, then another, but before she could take her third, a groan distracted her. She looked to her right and gasped in horror. Uncle Stygian, the studious stallion, was wrapped in shadows. His face looked like he was in agony and a hoof was trying to reach out to her, but Celestia was paralyzed with fear. Then she noticed the dark ooze covering the ground. She danced away from it, terrified of what might happen should she touch it.

She glanced back to Stygian, but he too, was no longer Stygian. Another monster. Celestia ran. What else was there? She ran and ran, then she remembered her sister, the whole reason she tried. She turned to perhaps catch a glimpse, but she got more than she wanted. She got the entire showing.

Her dear precious Luna, just like Swirly and Uncle Stygian, was no more.

Celestia ran and ran and ran and ran. And as she ran, she made a promise. One she would not break even if it were to cost her her life. She would save them.

Author's Note:

Right. I said I had huge plans for this fic, and I do! My brain just decided to split it into two.
The Cutie Alchemist is now over. The story will be concluded in The Cutie Alchemist's Daughter.

Kudos to everybody who stuck around and read this fic. It means a lot and I hope you'll stay for the sequel too! May the year be good to you!

Comments ( 2 )

Interesting story. When is the sequel coming out?

11808831
Sometime soon hopefully. Glad you liked it!

Login or register to comment