• ...
5
 20
 1,043

Chapter 17) The Return of Rainbow Dash

In the mechanism of the iris of the star of the Forge of Nidavellir, Rainbow Dash exhaled slowly and deeply, clearing her lungs.

Allfathers… give me strength…” she whispered, praying for guidance.

From her father, from her mother, from anyone who provided it to her...

“Do you understand, girl? You are about to receive the force of a star...” Celaneo said, uneasily “It will kill you...”

"Only if I die..." Rainbow Dash replied confidently.

"Yes..." Celaneo said "That's... what it means to kill you".

And with that, Rainbow Dash grabbed both ends of the broken circuit with her hands, bracing herself.

Using her strength, she pulled, as the star's iris slowly opened and she felt all the heat run through her body as she let out a defiant groan of pain, refusing to cry out, as little by little the star power collided with her body.

But it was enough, power flickered through the Forge, beginning to heat the metal.

“HOLD IT!” Celaneo declared “Hold it, Rainbow Dash!”

Moments later, the metal had heated to the point of flowing like a thick, vicious liquid. Grabbing one side of the cauldron, Celaneo turned it over, letting the metal flow into the mold as he took the shape of the weapon Rainbow Dash needed.

Finally, the last of the star's fiery beam loosened Rainbow Dash's grip, launching her toward the Forge, with Zipp following in her capsule.

Upon landing, Rainbow Dash collapsed to the ground, with her body completely covered in burns and her rainbow mane singed.

Climbing down from the capsule, Zipp ran to his dying friend.

“Rainbow Dash! Say something, come on!” Zipp said, shaking his friend's body "Rainbow Dash, are you okay!?"

To make sure, she took her friend's pulse… a slow one.

"She is dying!"

"She needs the axe!" Celaneo yelled, horrified.

She broke the mold, opening it with her bare hands, as she winced with heat. There was no time to let it cool.

The heavy brick of metal shattered, revealing its contents: two shiny metal chunks, with one having an extremely sharp edge.

But Celaneo realized that something was missing.

"Where's the handle?!" Celaneo yelled, as she looked at Sparky and searched through the trash on the ground "Dragon, help me find the handle!"

Sparky looked sadly at Rainbow Dash, who was breathing shallowly in front of him, her life force fading.

So he made a decision.

Focusing his own power, as his horns lit up, Sparky sprouted a tree from the metallic ground, which grabbed the two forged pieces of metal, sticking them together, and then broke from the ground, forming an axe.

The weapon... Stormbreaker... was finished.

At that moment, Rainbow Dash's hand opens slightly and Stormbreaker rises from the ground, lightning flashing from her...

…as her owner's magenta eyes widened, glowing with electricity.


Unable to handle the attack, the heroes soon began to tire.

The Wakanda soldiers were overwhelmed by the unstoppable force of the Outriders, who tore through their ranks as if nothing had happened.

War Machine stayed airborne, but she was caught off guard by an extendable metal claw that sent her hurtling towards the ground, with Tirek snarling darkly and Chrysalis at her side with a smirk as the two personally led their beasts into the fray.

Thrown to the ground, Applejack and Daring Do continued to fend off the creatures, but were being surrounded, all hope of rescue or escape cut off.

Similarly, Flutterbuster's armor was being invaded by another wave of Outriders, knocking her to the ground.

They are too many!” she yelled, as the creatures scrambled up her armor, slashing, tearing, and crushing.

Within seconds, they'd be overwhelmed.

(Music in minute 3:30)

But then…

…suddenly, there was light.

The Bifrost appeared, crushing the Outriders and stopping them in their tracks.

From the column of rainbow light, the Stormbreaker axe emerged, flying across the battlefield, knocking down the Outriders keeping the heroes in trouble, before returning to its point of origin: the hand of Rainbow Dash, Queen of Asgard and Goddess of Thunder, imbued with electrical power.

And at his side were Sparky Sparkeroni and Zipp Storm, eager to fight as well, with the latter unfurling a huge laser machine gun.

The heroes finally had a chance to win now, with Fluttershy rising to her feet, so happy she took off her armor helmet and cheered wildly.

“WOO-HOO! NOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEE WHO IS WHO!” yelled at her, laughing with joy.

Chrysalis and Tirek exchanged a worried look, well aware that the battle had swung in favor of the heroes.

They could handle the Avengers… even the Wakandans… but she was the Queen of Asgard. And she was even more powerful than she was when she was attacked in The Statesman.

Stormbreaker shone with incredible power, crackling with lightning around its handle.

Rainbow Dash huffed, gaining speed as she ran towards the enemy lines, letting out only one war cry:

WHERE IS GROGAR!!??

With Zipp and Sparky following her, Rainbow Dash took a huge leap, as she slammed into the ground with Stormbreaker's power and sent waves of lightning in all directions, scattering the Outriders.

The Queen of Asgard was furious… and all her enemies were going to feel her wrath.

Author's Note:

After putting her life on the verge of death again, Rainbow Dash manages to forge Stormbreaker.

Now, with his new weapon, Rainbow Dash and his allies arrive in Wakanda with one goal: kill Grogar.

Comments ( 5 )

11387116
Are you ever gonna continue this? Cause this is awesome!

11550729
Blame the studios.

You will have the next chapter when I can.

So out of curiosity, will Sunset, Trixie, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Celestia, Luna, Discord, and Sunburst show up later too?

I get the vibe Celestia and Luna are likely Nick Fury and Maria Hill, Sunset may be Captain Marvel (interesting nod to when her VA Rebecca Shoichet voiced Captain Marvel in Marvel Battleworld), and Sugar Belle is Hope van Dyne (since Big Mac is Scott Lang/Ant Man).

Login or register to comment