• ...
5
 20
 1,043

Chapter 16) Activating the Star / The Harmony War Begins

Back in Nidavellir, Rainbow Dash was already working on her part of the plan.

Jumping into one of the huge rings, from the capsule that Zipp was piloting, she lands while holding a rope attached to the capsule with her hand.

"I think you're missing the scientific principle. These rings are gigantic” Zipp said, doubting the plan “To set them in motion… you'll need something MUCH bigger”.

"Leave that to me".

“To you? Dude, you're in space...” Zipp replied “All you have is a rope and-”.

But before she could speak further, Rainbow Dash used the rope to spin the capsule like a flail, causing Zipp to scream.

At that moment, Rainbow Dash let the capsule drag her, heading for the next ring.

“YOU START THE ENGINES!” she ordered.

Zipp revved up the capsule's engines, while Rainbow Dash descended on the next ring, sinking her feet in hard, while still holding on to the capsule's rope.

At that moment, the mechanism of the rings began to move by the strong of the impulse.

“More… power, Zipp!”

Little by little, energy crackled throughout the mechanism, bringing the star back to life, as the rings aligned and a huge beam of hot light passed through the Forge.

“Very well, kid…” Celaneo smiled, while he contemplated the revitalized factory.

Exhausted, Rainbow Dash jumps on top of the pod, indicating the star to Zipp as she looks through the window.

"That's... Nidavellir!"

At that moment, a terrible crack is heard and the iris of the rings closes, receding the beam of light towards the star.

"Shit!" Celaneo said, deducing what had happened.

"Shit?" Zipp asked from the capsule "Why shit?"

“The mechanism is faulty...” Celaneo answered, grimly.

"What!?" Rainbow Dash said, exasperated.

"With the iris closed... I can't heat the metal".

At that moment, Rainbow Dash came up with an idea, which even to the others was more than a little crazy.

“How long will it take to heat it up?” she asked with some trepidation.

“A few minutes… maybe more” Celaneo answered “Why?”

"I'll keep it open…" Rainbow Dash said, wincing.

"That's suicide" Celaneo warned.

"Same as facing Grogar without that axe..."

At that moment, Rainbow Dash took a long jump towards the iris of her rings.

This is going to hurt…” she thought.


With all of Wakanda on alert, the inhabitants had begun the evacuation to the other end of the barrier.

Meanwhile, the hovercars flew over the ground toward the edge of the barrier where the enemy was, with Wakandan soldiers, Rarity, Applejack (armed with a pair of Wakandan shields), and Rara aboard one of the vehicles.

"How are you doing, Fluttershy?" Rarity asked through her communicator.

"I think I'm getting the hang of it..."

At that moment, a HUGE red, yellow, version of Iron Girl's armor appeared running between the hovercars.

It was the Iron Girl Mark 48 armor, a.k.a “Flutterbuster 2.0”.

It was an intensely unwieldy armor, created by Twilight and Fluttershy, for situations of keeping Flutterhulk under control.

WOW! This is amazing!” Fluttershy said, from inside the armor "It's like being Flutterhulk without having to-"

But before she finishes her sentence, she trips over a rock, as the hovercar carrying Gallant True passes her, while he looks at her doubtfully.

"I'm okay..." Fluttershy said, as she stood up embarrassed "I'm okay..."

"I'm picking up two heat signatures in the grove" Starlight reported, from the sky next to Applebloom.

At this point, most of the soldiers were in position, where Daring Do saw that Caballeron, leader of the Jabari Tribe, was already there, making his classic war cry together with his tribe.

However, seeing the queen arrive, he stopped shouting and raised her hand, which Daring Do squeezed anxiously, while she bowed her head towards her 'brother in arms'.

“Thank you for giving us support” Daring Do said, truly grateful.

Of course… sister” Caballeron answered, in the Wakandan language.

The two of them, and their many allies, turned to look at the grove of trees beyond the barrier… where the enemy ships were.

Something was moving.


Captain Equestria, White Widow, and Black Panther (with their suits on) headed for the edge of the barrier, just as their opponents came into view on the other side.

Lord Tirek grunted grimly as he stomped to the ground, his severed hand replaced by a massive metal claw and he seemed quite angry at his defeat in Canterlot City.

Meanwhile, Chrysalis watched the approaching trio as he ran the tip of his blade against the edge of the barrier, which sizzled with electricity.

There was no sign of Sombra, the warrior they had fought in Scotland.

"And your other friend?" Rarity asked, in a mockingly concerned tone.

"You will all pay for his life with yours…" Chrysalis said, glaring at her with intense green eyes with hate "Grogar will get that Stone".

"That's not going to happen" Applejack answered with total naturalness.

“Now you guys are here, in Wakanda…” Daring Do added, hoping to project a bit more bravado than he was feeling right now “Grogar will get nothing but dust… and blood”.

"We have... blood to spare" Chrysalis smiled.

At that moment, she raised her right arm with a cry, and the ships behind her opened their hatches.


Inside the ships, a teeming horde of hideous creatures began to emerge, as large as a human, with four arms and a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth.

The Outriders.

They charged en masse towards the barrier with killing intent.


The trio returned to the front line.

Raising an eyebrow at the invading army, Rara looked at her best friend.

“Have they given up?”

"Not exactly..." Applejack answered, even as she took her place in line.

"YIBAMBE!" shouted Daring Do, at the head of the formation, while his soldiers awaited orders.

The Outriders had just passed through the grove and crashed into the barrier.

“What the hell…?” Rara said with a notch.

"I think we've pissed her off..." Rarity said.

The Wakandans activated their shields and sonic lances, while some Outriders managed to get a head or limb past, but the barrier quickly sliced through them, scattering their pieces across the ground.

“They are killing each other…” Gallant True uttered in horror.

This was not a normal army. They worked as shock troops for Grogar's army.

Relentless, ruthless, always hungry, and best of all: expendable. They had no sense of self-preservation, only bloodlust and death.

Worse yet… some were starting to pass.

A few broke the line and began advancing across the empty plain towards the Wakandans, ignoring any burns or breaks in their skin. The heroes opened fire with sonic shots, directed from their spears, bullets, or beams from the Flutterbuster's armor.

They held the line, easily managing to prevent too many Outriders from reaching them, much less causing any damage. But more were coming by the minute, piling up against the barrier, pushing their way through it.

“Have you seen his teeth!?” Applebloom asked, as she spun in the air to avoid being knocked down by the creatures, all the while firing her pistols.

Her flight partner, War Machine, nodded, deciding to cut the situation short and directly use the 'big guns'.

"Stand back..." she ordered "You're going to singe your wings"

Waiting until her partner was well away, War Machine activated a mechanism on her back, as she flew over a section filled with Outriders and dropped a barrage of mines. They didn't have time to scream before they were reduced to ashes by the explosions.

Those who managed to escape the explosion screamed and ran in all directions, trying in vain to extinguish the flames on their bodies, becoming easy targets for the Wakandans.

However…

Leading the battle, Chrysalis and Tirek sent two separate waves of their creatures around the barrier to the north and south.

From within his armor, Fluttershy could see this and sensed the danger immediately.

Captain, if these critters circle the perimeter and come in from behind...” she said, looking at her for direction "There will be nothing between them and Vision".

Applejack quickly considered the possibilities and realized that they only had one reasonable option.

"Well, let's keep them ahead..."

"How do we do that?" Gallant True asked his queen.

"Opening the barrier..." Daring Do answered, deducing what Applejack thought, while he put a finger on the communicator of his ear "On my signal... open Section 17-Northwest".

"I request confirmation, my queen" replied a minion from the communicator, with obvious concern "Did you say 'open the barrier'?"

"On my signal" she agreed.

“It will be the end of Wakanda…” Caballeron said with concern.

"Well, it will be the noblest end in history..." Gallant True said.

Activating her shields and looking left and right, Applejack saw that everyone was ready and nodded to Daring Do, who crossed his hands over his chest, while vibranium claws came out of his suit gloves and Black Panther's helmet covered his face.

WAKANDA FOREVER!!

And with that, the entire Wakanda's army and their allies ran down the slope toward the barrier. The ground shook as Fluttershy's Flutterbuster armor shook the ground, stomping along with his friends.

Up front, leading the charge, were Captain Equestria and Black Panther.

"NOW!" she yelled.

Inside the city, some subjects obeyed their ruler and a crack opened in the barrier that protected them.

The instant it opened, the Outriders rushed towards the approaching army, who didn't falter in their advance.

Applejack and Daring Do got ahead of everyone, running at high speed. At a small stream that separated the two armies, the two leaped into battle.

Applejack used her shields and began to violently pummel the creatures, while Black Panther clawed and slashed at them with his vibranium claws. Some soldiers attacked with their spears, while Fluttershy fired lasers from the repulsorlifts on the palms of his armor.

The Outriders scattered, but there were hundreds of them, and more kept arriving every minute.

"How much longer, Quibble!?" Daring Do yelled into her communicator, eager to end this battle before things got worse.


In his lab, Quibble Pants was using his technology to try to get the Mind Stone out of Vision's head without having to kill him.

“I have barely started!”


Daring Do knew that he would do his best, he just couldn't do anything different.

Still, there were lives at stake.

"Perhaps you should abbreviate!" she said with polite exasperation, dodging as another creature lunged at her, nearly biting her.

Author's Note:

As Rainbow Dash activates the rings of the Forge of Nidavellir to create her new weapon, the Avengers and the army of Wakanda begin their war against Grogar's army, led by Chrysalis and Tirek, and made up of hundreds of Outriders.