• Member Since 12th Apr, 2021
  • offline last seen 11 hours ago

bookhorse125


I like ponies, books, writing books, books about ponies, and writing books about ponies.

E

A community collaboration of a tale that spawns across all generations of My Little Pony. Writers from across the fandom take part in this epic tale of a singular villain with the ability to travel across the multiverse, making friends (and enemies) will all the ponies that we have gotten to know over the years. Finally, he is ready for the ultimate fight, and, after escaping from his prison, an ancient spell gathers a group of heroes from across the generations to stand up to him and defeat him before all pony worlds are destroyed.

If you would like to take part in this story, read this blog post here with all of the information, and make sure to let me know! Special thanks to everyone who has already signed up.

Happy 40th Anniversary, My Little Pony! Thank you for all you have done over the years.

Chapters (18)
Comments ( 142 )

This will be the biggest test of the magic of friendship


https://youtu.be/9AfYK1fKngU

Definitely going to be following this one!

Okay this is actually a pretty good setup for grogar to prepare in case he ever does come back and not only that he is more threatening than ever but gusty the Great knew that this day will come that one day a generation of ponies will stop him well let's see how this will go next time

I hope we get to see the pillars and the young 6 in this story as well

I'm sooo going to enjoy this! I'm giving you six stars for doing a good job. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

*Whistles* Dang, talk about an prologue.

I hope that you will include Megan, because I feel that it can't be a 40-year celebration without the franchise's original protagonist, and by that, I mean a real appearance and not just some cameo or to only be mentioned in passing by ponies of her generation.

Judging by what's going on, my guess is that Megan most likely will be getting an exclusion via a snub, just some cameo where she only gets mentioned in passing just like the all the other times, I thought there would be a real comeback for her. As usual, there is no love for her. Then again, her original existence was most likely just to get those interested in this franchise and nothing more, because when G1 was over she was treated as if she was dead and never to be brought back again. If not for the fanart and fanfics in the last decade that showed her interacting with G4 characters, that would have still been the case. On a side note, MLP Tales isn't G2, it's G1.5, and there was a G2 version for MLP, but it wasn't made into a TV series like the rest in being just a toy line only.

The first chapter was great, I enjoyed it! Hope to see more of your chapters and remember: Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Can people who mostly or only write dark and serious My Little Pony stories partake in this story?

11478713
No, anyone can! I like to have a bunch of different authors with a bunch of different writing styles partake in these kinds of things, so that then we can get a more unique variety of ways that a story can be told.

11474084
Megan isn’t slated for an appearance, sadly.

This story is looking to be a masterpiece in the making!! I can’t wait for the next chapter. :twilightsmile:

“Shoppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnng!!” Pipp declared, earning herself a glare from Zipp. “What? I need to be the first one to buy the recent fashion trend! If I wear this, it’ll be a massive hit! 400k views in the first eight hours!”

Izzy squealed with excitement. “OOH!!! A mysterious portal!! Come on, let’s goooooo!!” Before any of them could react, she leapt into the portal.

Of course Izzy didn't think first

“Us, Misty,” Opaline attempted a warm smile, but the smile didn’t reach her eyes. “You’re an equal part of this too. As soon as Sunny Starscout and her friends are down, I shall give you what you’ve always deserved.”

Of course trying to fill her with empty promise just like what happened to fizzle Pop berry twist

Meanwhile in G3…

Okay I'm going to be frank I don't know anything about G3 or matter of fact G1 and G2 so I probably won't recognize the reference or anything from there but I would darn try to learn it

“Oh I’m so sorry, darling,” Rainbow apologized. “Completely my fault, I-“ She instantly brightened upon seeing who it was. “Pinkie Pie!!”

Okay I know this is a different Rainbow Dash okay but it's so weird hearing from her especially with the name Rainbow Dash that I remember :rainbowderp:

Rainbow Dash sighed in exasperation. “Of course. Adventures always seem to find us. Alright, hopefully this won’t take long.”

Yeah about that it's going to be a very very long days

Okay so far this is actually pretty interesting so in the universe of G5 sunny and the others were just hanging out and things are pretty normal until a portal just showed up and of course Izzy the only one who reacted pretty fast jumped in there so the others jumped in as well meanwhile and the other side of Equestria Opaline and Misty was about to plan out how to steal the magic until they saw the portal and it looks like both of them jumped in as well in the universe of G3 Rainbow Dash Meet up with Pinkie Pie and the others never about to hang out and talk about rainbow Festival until once again the portal showed up and Toola Roola jumped in and the others were pretty worried about her so they had to follow her nice way to gather up the generations I wonder who else is going to be in there guess we'll find out next time

I just hope in the G4 not just only the main six but the pillars and the young six joining in the fun

Heh, sounds like my tale already. By that I meant I've already made such a similar tale. Grogar gathers villains to defeat the heroes. Well, in that case since it's already similar in plotline. Surprise me.

Edit: Scratch that, let me partake. I got a huge list or one group of villains in particular to enter this infinite battle.

11474084
Megan, or at least a character inspired by her, appears in Equestria Girls.

11480220
Whoa wait, seriously? Who is this character?

11480239
Holy Luna, you’re right!! I can’t believe I didn’t notice that! Smooth, Hasbro. Smooth. Thank you for showing me. :pinkiegasp:

11480239
I always viewed that more as an easter egg rather than the actual character. Judging by her height and probably age, she looks more closer to either Danny or Molly than Megan. However, I will admit that she wore the romper suit a lot better than Megan did, but that's partly due to her looking a lot younger, though I still wish she was allowed to keep her cowgirl outfit that she wore when first being introduced in Rescue at Midnight Castle. Still, I wish that she really did get a real return, but knowing who's in charge, it will probably never happen as her original appearance was really just to get people used to the franchise and nothing more, which may explain why the idea for human companions was never revived for MLP even though it was done constantly with Transformers, which is why I refer to it as a missed opportunity. The least that could have been done was give her an actual appearance in that crossover comic, but even that was too good to be true, and that made me feel disappointed that it didn't happen. Then again, it's pretty much a crime to make me feel happy for once.

11480647
Seeing as the events of G1 are not canon to G4, it is highly unlikely they are the same character.

11480647
I mean at least they didn't forget that she exist in the My Little Pony series

11482265
I still wish that she got a real return and not just some easter egg or in some other media only getting referenced or mentioned in passing. Unfortunately, I'm probably one of the few who did think that not having her readapted for G4 was a missed opportunity. Another way I would have reimagined G4 with Megan in it is that not every episode she would appear in had to be dedicated to adventures and fighting as that was the case for most of her in G1. One other thing about that easter egg in that EG special, she was more a background character and didn't even have any lines whenever she was shown. Again, it would just seem wrong to have a celebration without including here, but that's mostly me saying this. On a side note, I'm declaring 4/14 to be Megan Williams Day, because it was that date when that character debuted on TV when the very first pilot was shown, plus I feel that having a day dedicated to will help those more who never saw G1 and probably think that some of the fanart and fanfics that include her might think that she is just an OC placed there.

11482578
Well they're also other characters from G1 I kind of wish to see like there was a couple of villains and even characters I thought they could come to make their appearances like zeb, Catrina, Erebus, Lavan, rep, teddy, and nightshade but sometime they don't really have popularity or anything like that

So is the next chapter going to involve G1, G4, Tales, and maybe G2? (I know G2 never had a cartoon but they still had characters from the toys and game.)

11482637
You know it. We’re currently waiting on AnotherSonicMLPFan to turn it in. It’ll be the second Exposition chapter.

Ponyland.

So this is the first generation I believe okay I probably don't know anything about G1 and G2 so sorry if I don't understand what was happening and probably some references there was tried to say from the previous episodes or movies I really don't know

Featured for close to 40 minutes! That is ironic, considering the name of the story... Anyways, you guys are amazing! Thank you so much for all of the support!

Next is Posey. She's a yellow earth pony with green eyes, pink mane and tail, a green bow on her tail and her Cutie Mark is six pink flowers. She's the gardener of Paradise Estate, she's very motherly to all the baby ponies, she loves flowers and other pretty things, and she's always willing to help anyone in need.

That's right Posey fun fact about that did you know that Fluttershy was supposed to be the sort of the same design as Posey instead of being a pegasus she's an earth pony in the earlier artwork before the show came around

This Ponyland is a society of anthropomorphic ponies, centered in a group of seven protagonists as well. They live like humans as they attend school, frequent the local ice cream shop, enter talent contests, and why not? Even roller skate.

So this is the second generation okay cool but once again I probably don't know it too much although generation 2 and 5 would probably can get along pretty well since they got technology

Took me like 2 hours to learn everything I wrote down for G1 and G2, but it was worth it!

Can't wait to see how the rest unfolds! :twilightsmile:

We also have the male ponies, as well as adult ponies with important roles around Ponyland, but again, the time and budget is limited, so we must keep going,

I hope that's not a thing because because there are other characters I kind of wish they did join in like the generation 4 not just only the main six but the pillars and the young six

She's the most honest mare in the group, and she hates lies, even tho she have lied before. She has a lots of crashes with Rarity because of how opposite they are in terms of hygiene and appearance. She also crashes a lot with Rainbow Dahs in a competitive way, but sometimes their competitiveness reaches a dangerous point that can put themselves and others in danger. And even so, their still the best of friends that learn to recognize their mistakes.

Dash

11484144
Generation 2 had ponies, but they never had a cartoon. Tales is a spin-off of Generation 1.
(Which also takes place in the same universe)

Here's something I just realized: while she obviously resembles her G1 counterpart in appearance, I think Twilight was written with Gusty's personally in mind (before she shifted to an adorkable neurotic princess in season 2, that is).

I LOVE this chapter!! Excellent work, AnotherSonicMLPFan. The paragraphs were very descriptive and I got a pretty good chuckle out of “Welcome, once again, to Ponyland!” (Seriously, Hasbro couldn’t be bothered to change the name of the land between generations?). The only question I have is why the narration changes from present to past tense with each generation. That got me a little confused. Other than that, awesome!! It looks like the stage is set for the MANE event. Get it? :pinkiehappy: Definitely looking forward to what comes next and you guys know I’ll continue to promote and hype this story to death. I’m running out of groups to promote it to though.

Anywho, can’t wait to see the next chapter!! :twilightsmile:

11484471
I'm still new to write stories in English, despite being in Fimfiction for 5 months now.

My main language is Spanish, so I'm still learning how to properly write in a whole different language, so I apologize for the sudden chance of tense at times :twilightblush:

That aside, I'm glad you enjoy it! And I hope everyone else did as well. Also, good luck to the future writers. I know that whatever you'll write down will be great! :pinkiehappy:

This was a very interesting way to introduce the other characters from different generation and apparently they all arrive in generation 4 which apparently is happening right now and it looks like Twilight's going to have a lot of work to do with her friends and everything hopefully she will get more help from the pillars and the young six well let's find out next time

I’m liking the story so far. But you do know that G2 never had a cartoon and that Tales is a spin-off that’s still in G1 right?

11484860
Okay, I'm gonna say it already: let's just ignore that G2 didn't had a cartoon and acknowledge MLP Tales as G2 even if it isn't, okay?

And as far as I know, Hasbro themselves consider Tales to be G2.

Login or register to comment