• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 3,668 Views, 110 Comments

Starcraft: Wings of Friendship - Lord Frigus



A little Starcraft and MLP crossover that popped into my head.

  • ...
8
 110
 3,668

Chapter Six

Chapter 6

Twilight wandered the ship for a while, just marveling at the incredible complexity of the machinery that made up the various corridors and rooms. The crew of the ship, though aware of the presence of the ponies, still stared whenever she walked by. It was different from usual for her, but Twilight didn't mind the attention. The humans were just as fascinating to her as she was to them.

In her time wandering, Twilight got a feel of the ship’s layout. She figured that she knew how to get to the most important places with relative ease. The bridge was easy to find, as were the armory and research bay as she had visited them all before. She had some trouble finding the cantina, but when she did she found it a little too rowdy for her own tastes. Something about the cantina bothered her, though. It felt as if someone had been watching her, aside from the crew members unaccustomed to seeing a purple unicorn.

She brushed off the feeling and returned to the halls of the ship. It wasn't long, though, that she ran into somebody else while examining their more advanced technology. The collision sent her to the ground and when she looked up, she saw an imposing figure. He wore a dark suit with lines that ran up and down it that occasionally pulsed red. The suit covered most of his body, save for his head, which was a dark brown tone, and he had even darker hair which was braided into dreadlocks.

“Well well well. What ‘ave we ‘ere?” The man smiled, but it was a sinister smile, the kind of smile of someone who was untrustworthy. It unsettled Twilight, to say the least. “The name’s Tosh. I heard about ya from the captain. So, what be your name, little one?”

“Um, w-well. My name is Twilight Sparkle.” she said, frightened by the man. She could tell there was something different about him, but she couldn’t put her hoof on what it was. That unsettled her even further. “I-if you d-don’t mind, I’m gonna get going.” She tried to walk around him, but Tosh held her back and lowered himself to her level and looked her right in the eyes.

“Now, now, don’t be frightened. This won’t hurt a bit.” Twilight felt compelled to look right back into his eyes. They were pale, but she didn’t have time to truly register this as she felt her magical energy begin to drain. She tried to break away, but was unable to.

They remained this way for several minutes, Twilight getting weaker and weaker with every passing moment. She could feel her heart beating faster to try and make up for the loss of energy, as well as her breathing pace pick up. Twilight could just about see a cloud of darkness overcome the edges of her vision when one of the corridor doors opened up.

“Tosh! What are you doing!”

Tosh broke the connection between the two of them and stood up. Twilight fell to the floor and turned her head, seeing Jim Raynor in the doorway, looking very angry.

“Ah, Raynor. I was just checking somet’ing ‘bout one of our guests here.” Tosh chuckled.

Jim quickly went to Twilight’s side, helping her to her hooves. He turned to Tosh, anger in his voice. “I thought I had told you not to use that on anyone on board.”

The man merely chuckled. “What’s wrong, Raynor? I was just testing her psionic potential. Th’ girl’s got more power than anyone else on board this ship.”

“I don’t care what kind of potential she has, Tosh. You and I both know how dangerous that ability is.” Jim seemed to be shaking with rage. “Sometimes, I think I should have listened to Nova. You can’t be trusted.” With that, he led Twilight out of the hall and into a nearby elevator.

They stood in the elevator silently for a few minutes. Twilight looked up to Jim. “Hey... Jim? Shouldn't we, you know, hit a button to make the elevator go?”

He looked down at her and chuckled. “Yeah, I guess we should.” He reached over and pressed one of the buttons on the touch screen and the elevator lurched into motion.

“Who was that man?” She asked, a little weakly.

Jim frowned. “Gabriel Tosh. Former Spectre for the Dominion and currently a bit of a mercenary. He helped me against the Dominion but I never much agreed with him on certain things. One of which being the way he treats others.” He knelt in front of Twilight. “How are you feeling.”

She took a deep breath. “Like I’ve been drained of all my energy... What did he do?”

“It’s an ability of his that he calls consumption. He drains the energy out of another living thing and uses it for himself. It’s a cruel thing to use and I strictly forbade him from doing it on board.” Jim let out a sigh. “At least it’s good to see that you’re fine now. Come on, lets get you back to your room. I’m sure you’re exhausted.”

Author's Note:

Gonna do the next few chapters from the viewpoints of the mane six. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Comments ( 18 )

I love Tosh, I just find him so hilarious.

1977201 Honestly? I think he's an asshole. I only sided with him in the campaign so I could use the spectres.

Rarity can be next? :duck: a fashionista with a spectre lone wolf loyal to raynor, with her fascinated by its suit. :raritystarry:

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in the armory... dash looking on the armors (firebat's, marauder's, reaper's) and ships (medivacs, spectres, vikings) while pinkie looking on the land vehicles (seige tanks or thors as example :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy:)

Fluttershy Looking in a window and wondering about the zerg's nature and talks.... with Kerrigan

Applejack Talking with some cowboy in the ship... maybe getting along :ajsmug:

1977408 Two out of five is not a bad ratio for something like this.

Even though he's the token evil teammate of Raynor's Raiders' more prominent personal (not accounting Tychus), I personally sided with Tosh in the campaign primarily because Tosh at the choosing point had plenty of time to stab me in the back but didn't, and I think it makes more sense to trust the guy you've been working with longer than the Dominion chick who comes right the f**k outta nowhere, says with little to no physical evidence that "Spectres are all completely insane and will kill us all", and wants me to shoot a possibly profitable relationship that could help me with my revolution in the foot over little evidence.

Also, Nova disturbingly reminds me of Kerrigan pre-Zerg, and could possibly come back to kill you. At least with Tosh, he officially throws in with you... despite disagreements with personality.

Besides, compare Spectre quotes to regular Ghost quotes in game, and tell me that the Ghosts aren't crazier than Spectres.

...Anyways, Twilight and Tosh meeting I guess was bound to happen.

1978018 I love how you analyze the choice behind having Tosh on your team, only to completely breeze over what Tosh just did to Twilight.

So Twilight has officially met Tosh. I don't suppose she's going to happen to meet Zeratul eventually? That could make for an interesting scene.

1978042
I'm sorry, I was REALLY tired halfway through typing that. I had a long school day.

Anyways, I saw what Tosh did. Not going to lie, it was a dick move that I could see Tosh doing, yet horrified about it. I'm really surprised and appauled, however, that he did used Consumpsion on Twilight while still on the ship and there was relatively no POINT for him to do so since they're not in a combat situation.

Even Tosh's excuse of testing Twilight's psionic potential does not justify him using it on her without any informed consent or Raynor's permission for that matter. Raynor still has that airlock threat on him should Tosh step further out of line, right?

1979825
Don't worry. I have plans for Tosh. More so than dropping him out of the airlock.

Ah, a quality crossover! These are far too rare to pass up! Also, good job pissing off a high level psion Tosh. In my headcanon, Tosh is a level 7, and Twilight a level 8.5 or so. Only reason Tosh could do that in my mind is that ponies not used to this sort of thing, sort of like humans would have no clue how the hell a hornlock works, or what magic is.

According to Dr. Hanson aboard the Hyperion, specters are no more prone to acts of violence than ordinary people. Although Tosh may be an exception. He was made immune to the Dominion memory wipe procedure from his specter transformation, and when the Dominion tried it on him, he started seeing these hallucinations of his past, that may or may not have driven him insane. So don't stereotype specters based on Tosh's seeming insanity.

1997241
About Tosh's powers, if you side with Nova in the campaign, there follows a cutscene where Tosh makes a voodoo doll that works, and he uses it to telekineticly throw Tychus around. If he is telekinetic, or a "teek" for short, then he must be at least class 8 according to the psi index. As for Twilight, she is probably a class 12, only because Tosh said she was the most powerful on the ship, and that included semi-infested Kerrigan, who was a class 11 at that time.

No, this appears to be before Char, and therefore the class 12 rating for Twilight is not based on standard readings. Also, the doll was probably something along the line of a "focus" or something, sort of like putting a laser through a gem will amplify it if done properly. Ergo, I stick to my story. And Kerrigan was a class 11 before she was infested at all, semi-infested Kerrigan is about class 11.5 or so in my mind.

2002550 Have you read the description? This takes place after the events of the Wings of Liberty campaign.

Though I still believe the mane 6 should be more shaken and worried to be away from home as well as lost in space and in the middle of the intergalactic war of Starcraft, I am still looking forward to read the next chapter.

am going to sing this while i wait for an update ok

Login or register to comment