• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 1,638 Views, 71 Comments

Equestrian reformation - Vladilen_pro

  • ...
9
 71
 1,638

Wandering the woods

I don't know how long I spent in this trance, but eventually I felt someone shaking me by the shoulder and calling my name over and over. At first it was a white blur, but after a few minutes my vision started to return and I realized it was Celestia.

"Can you hear me?! Vlad, are you okay? Talk to me, please!" Celestia was trying to get an answer out of me.

I just laughed sarcastically.

"No... I'm not okay..." I spoke slowly, looking down at the floor and noticing my tears remaining there in tiny puddles.

"Come on, I'll help you up..." Celestia held out her hoof to me.

"All this damn time, you couldn't tell me the truth... All this damn time!" I looked up at her. "Why? What's the point?"

I ignored her helping hoof and stood up on my own.

"And I know why... You didn't want to admit you fucked up, you tried to fix things in a hurry, and what happened in the end?" I stepped closer to her, looking into her eyes. "Well? What happened?"

Celestia had trouble answering.

"That's right! Now I'm stuck here forever, far from home, all because you didn't want to admit your mistake!" I applauded. "And you got Twilight involved too, just perfect!"

"How did you..." Celestia was very surprised.

"Yes, I know all that! All of it! How you asked Twilight not to tell me what was happening on the other side of the portal, how you and Twilight went to negotiate with Ms. Claire! All that just so you wouldn't be blamed! It was worth it, wasn't it?"

Celestia tried to say something, but I interrupted her.

"No no, wait, I'm not done yet! I also know that you have made sure that all the ponies that came back to Equestria from Earth don't talk about what's really going on there! You even dragged those ponies into this bullshit! This is absurd."

"Darling, you shouldn't talk to the princess like that!" Rarity stepped forward.

I turned sharply toward her with a threatening expression on my face. Rarity immediately took a few steps back, covering her mouth with a hoof.

"And in the end... You decided to send me to possible death, imprisonment, torture or who the fuck knows what else! You trusted that bitch Ms. Claire?! Are you serious now?!" I rubbed my eyes in frustration. "Yeah, you can say you meant well and shit, but that doesn't change what's already happened!"

A few seconds of awkward silence followed.

"Say what you want, but this kind of bullshit is not at all how a princess should act..."

"I'm sorry, Vlad..." Celestia didn't dare look me in the eye while saying this.

And then something inside of me snapped... Again.

"Ha ha ha... Are you sorry? Yes?" Another chuckle came out of me. "AND THAT'S ALL YOU CAN SAY?! YOU'RE SORRY?!" The anger consumed me completely. "BEING SORRY WON'T BRING ME HOME! YOU STOLE MY LIFE AND NO AMOUNT OF APOLOGIZING CAN UNDO THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR FUCKING DECISIONS!"

"Please, let's talk calmly and-" Celestia started to speak but I interrupted her again.

"NO, WE'RE NOT GOING TO TALK BY YOUR RULES! WE HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT! I'M DONE!" I poked Celestia in the snout with my finger. "I HATE YOU, I HATE THIS PLACE, I HATE THE FUCKING DAY I GOT HERE! ARGH!"

My breathing was heavy and rapid.

"Now, do whatever you want... Kill me right here, or throw me in jail, I don't give a shit! You've taken away everything I could care about..."

Once again, silence hung in the air.

"WELL!? DON'T WAST OUR TIME!" my eye started to twitch.

Celestia still couldn't get a word out of herself.

I was just seething, beginning to feel that if I didn't start taking my anger out, I wouldn't bitch and punch Celestia right in her face.

"ARRGHAAA!!!" I yelled as loud as I could and sprinted away from the portal room, opening the door with a powerful blow from my shoulder.

I ran, not because I was scared, but to let my anger out without hurting anyone. The corridors of the castle flashed through my eyes in seconds, I met many surprised and confused looks from the royal guards patrolling the castle, but no one dared to stand in my way.

Running down another corridor, I heard the sound of teleportation behind me. It wasn't hard to guess that Celestia had followed me.

"NO! YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE TO GRAB ME, YOU MISSED IT, NOW FUCK OFF!" My voice could be heard throughout the castle, echoing off its luxurious walls.

It didn't take me long to reach the main hall, I was aiming for the exit of the castle, approaching it very rapidly. Celestia tried to stop me again, this time teleporting right to the exit doors, blocking my path.

"NOOOO, NOT TODAY, BITCH!" I sped up.

Near the entrance a maid was mopping the floor, and that was the key to my escape. Using the wet and soapy floor, I dropped onto my ass right before colliding with Celestia, thus sliding under her, literally flying out through the open doors, skipping the stairs entirely.

After getting a less than ideal landing, I stood up again and proceed to run through the streets of Canterlot, finally escaping the castle. A quick glance over my shoulder let me see that Celestia was still standing there, looking at me helplessly. Fortunately, she didn't follow me anymore.

Dashing through the streets of Canterlot I again gathered many confused looks on me, but I didn't care, I just ran and ran, not knowing my final destination.

I don't know exactly how long I've been running... A few minutes? Hours? Days? All I know is that when I was exhausted and fell to the ground, it was already evening, and I started running when the sun was still high in the sky.

My lungs were screaming for mercy, I was covered in mud and completely without any energy, finding it difficult to even get up off the ground. After a while, when I found the strength to stand up, I was surprised to find myself on a high rocky ledge, from where I could see Ponyville.

"Holy shit, did I really run from Canterlot back to Ponyville?"

Ponyville was bustling with life in the evening, and I looked down on it all. I could see Applejack's farm from up here, and maybe even those two moving dots in the distance were Mac and Applejack picking apples.

"And so... What's next? Am I wanted now, or what?" I was talking to myself. "I think it's best not to go back to Ponyville now..."

I felt like an outcast starting a new life.

(But where am I supposed to go? And what am I supposed to do anyway? Hide for the rest of my life? Why? AGH! Too many questions!)

I remembered the forest Rarity had talked about.

(What's it called? Evergreen forest or something? Hm... Maybe I can set up a base there or something...)

I checked out the surroundings from my vantage point and pretty quickly spotted that very forest.

(Ah yes, Fluttershy's cottage is nearby with a forest, that will be my landmark.)

As I made my way down from my vantage point, dark storm clouds began to form in the sky, signaling that bad weather would not be long in coming.

(Oh yeah, just the kind of shit I needed, better hurry up and find some shelter if I don't want to get wet.)

The closer I got to the forest, the larger and blacker the clouds became, a faint breeze felt in the air. I wasn't absolutely sure that the forest would be the best place to take shelter, but I didn't have much time to think about it. When I finally came to the forest, it was already starting to get dark.

(I miss my car so much...)

Without wasting time, I started gathering sticks for the fire. Warmth is needed now more than ever. While gathering sticks, I noticed a small cliff covering the meadow, which made a perfect shelter from the rain.

(At least I'm lucky in something... Okay, I'll leave the sticks here, but I definitely need to gather more, it won't be enough for the whole night.)

I tried not to stray too far from the spot I found, gathering sticks nearby. Some were dry and good for the fire, but most were broken into small pieces, and even had teeth marks. The bark on the trees was scratched or completely peeled off.

(Okay, I don't like that... I'd better go back and start a fire.)

A rustling sound came from the bushes, and my heartbeat immediately quickened. Then a second bush rustled, a third, a fourth...

"Hey, who's here? This isn't funny!" I looked around in different directions. "Show yourself!"

And he showed himself... Not only him, but three more wolves came out of the bushes, but they were no ordinary wolves, they seemed to be made of... Wood?

(Holy shit...)

Four pairs of green eyes stared at me from a distance, studying me.

"Okay, guys, how about we part ways peacefully, huh?" I took a step back.

But the wolves took a step forward. I take another step back, but the wolves take another step forward.

"I see..."

In the meantime, the wolves had gotten a little closer, and the one who went first seemed to be the leader, as all the others followed him.

(Is this really the end? It can't be...)

And then I remembered about a YouTube lifehack that helps in building a fire. All you need is hair spray, a lighter, and some wood.

(And here I have a bit of the wood coming my way!)

"Okay guys, since you don't want to part ways peacefully..." I pulled out the hair spray Rarity had given me and a lighter from my Backpack. "I'm gonna have to turn up the heat! Behold, the ultimate flamethrower!"

The leader of the wolves rushed towards me, but he was stopped by a powerful stream of fire coming from the makeshift flamethrower. The fire consumed him completely, causing him to rush away, leaving the other three wolves confused.

"Burn bitch, burn!" I turned my attention to the remaining wolves. "You want to fry, too?! Get outta here!"

As if understood me, they immediately ran away in fear, howling.

(And that's how YouTube can save your life! Whew...)

As I was picking up the sticks I dropped on the ground to get my flamethrower, a raindrop fell on me.

(Gotta hurry up.)

When I got back to my shelter, more and more drops were falling from the sky, so after a couple minutes it started to rain heavily. Placing the sticks for the fire in a pile, I used the flamethrower again, but this time for the purpose of starting a fire rather than burning the wolves. Ten minutes later I was sitting by the fire that provided much-needed warmth, while outside the stone shelter a heavy rain was washing over this wild forest.

(If you think about it that way... If the wolves had decided to attack me ten minutes earlier, when it had already started raining... Yeah, that wouldn't have been good.)

The fire crackled pleasantly, calming me down after my tense confrontation with the timber wolves.

(If I want to be in these woods without fear, I should probably stock up on hair sprays in case something like this happens again. But where can I get more? Now I can't just go to the store or ask Rarity. Okay, I need to get some sleep, I probably shouldn't be making important decisions now.)

After tossing more sticks into the fire I put a backpack under my head, which imitated a pillow, and closed my eyes, still enjoying the warmth of the fire.

***

The morning wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I woke up cold, the fire was out, and everything outside was muddy.

(Well, at least the wolves didn't kill me while I was sleeping, thanks for that.)

My morning started with a trip to the river to wash my face, and my breakfast was a can of cherry soda with a candy bar.

(Yeah, I should also think about where I can get food. But first I need to stock up on weapons. I'm not sure if hair spray can be called a weapon, but in my situation, this spray is nothing but a self-defense weapon! And now that I think about it... There's got to be a store in ponyville that sells the stuff I need, right? Otherwise, where does Rarity get the hair sprays for her boutique? I'll have to do a little scouting I guess.)

Preparations made, I left my already cold shelter and felt the heavy mud sticking in big clumps on my shoes. Despite the difficulties, I was able to reach the edge of the forest, from where I could already see Ponyville.

(I'd better stay away from the ponies, no need to show myself off unnecessarily. I'll walk around the edge of Ponyville and look for a store with hair spray.)

That's exactly what I did. A couple of times I had to hide in the bushes because of ponies appearing on the horizon, but in general the route was passed without much trouble. As was to be expected, I was able to spot a beauty product store.

(Great! Just as I thought, there's a 99% chance Rarity shops here. But there's one problem though... How am I gonna buy the spray...? I can't just walk into a store, I'll get busted!)

While I was thinking, a door opened in the back of this store and a pony, apparently an employee, came out of it.

"Are you sure about this, boss? They still look normal to me..." the pony employee was carrying a box of hair sprays.

"Yes, we need to get rid of them, the expiration date came! The garbage pony will be here in a few minutes, so don't delay!"

"Okay boss!" the pony employee threw the box in the trash and returned to the store.

I couldn't believe my luck! Without wasting any time I ran for the box and snuck it away with me.

(Just in time! Here comes the garbage pony.)

I looked at the box of sprays as if it were a trophy won in a difficult fight.

(I'm sure this will last me for a long time, so I don't have to worry about weapons anymore. But now I'm thinking... I need tools! At least an axe. Where can I get an axe without being seen?)

And then it hit me.

(Hey, I think Applejack's shed is full of all sorts of tools, I don't think she'd be upset if I borrow a couple.)

I decided to take the box of sprays back to the woods first, and then sneak into the barn on the farm unnoticed. And here I am back on the outskirts of Ponyville.

(I hope Applejack's dog doesn't smell me or the whole operation will collapse.)

With no trouble climbing over the fence, it was a short walk to the tool shed.

(Damn, looks like there's someone inside!)

I climbed into a nearby bush, watching the shed. Twilight and Applejack came out.

"...and he just ran away?"

"Yes, and we have no idea where he is! One of the guards suggested that Celestia send other guards after him, but she said it wasn't necessary..." Twilight looked very worried.

"Wasn't necessary?! Who knows what he might be up to after what he pulled off in the portal room?" Applejack said with annoyance.

(Ah, screw you, Applejack!)

"I'm hoping for the best, Applejack... Still, he's not some maniac or anything. It just all came down on him too fast." Twilight calmed herself.

"Okay, but what's next? If he doesn't return on his own?"

"I need to talk to the princess more about this, we haven't had this chance yet since yesterday. Canterlot Castle is a bit of a mess right now, but I think things will settle down in a couple of days. I still think that if he doesn't come back on his own in a couple of days, we should organize a search..."

Twilight and Applejack left, so I was finally able to sneak into the shed. While grabbing the right tools, I thought about what I'd heard.

(So they'll start looking for me in a few days..... No idea what they'll do when they find me, and I don't want to test it. Extra motivation to hide I guess.)

In the end, I got a shovel, an axe, and a saw.

(That's not a bad set to start with!)

Leaving the barn, it dawned on me that I could use some more food.

(I still have some soda and candy bars left, but that won't last long... Sorry, Applejack, but I'm borrowing a bucket of apples from you, too.)

The necessary supplies are done, it's time to head back to the woods. For what felt like the hundredth time that day, I returned to my shelter, no longer intending to leave it today.

(What a day, it feels like more steps were taken today than in my entire life.)

Munching on an apple and leaning against the stone wall of my shelter, my eye fell upon an old tree, thickly overgrown with foliage, and... Something was wrong with it.

(I swear, leaves on trees don't grow like... Square? This isn't Minecraft.)

I picked up a large stick lying nearby to pull the leaves apart, and to my great surprise I found an old rundown tree house.

(No Way!...)

(THIS IS THE PERFECT HIDEOUT, AFTER ALL! The wolves won't get me here! Although, of course, this house could use some restoration... And I've got the tools!)

Unfortunately, there were no ladder, so I couldn't climb up and check the inside of a tree house.

(Looks like the ladder is the first thing that needs to be built! Well, let's get to it!)

Comments ( 6 )

Well you've got my attention. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes

His luck reminds me of a friendship lesson about to be tout to him like the universe already knows LOL. Can't wait to read more.!

11830254
Thanks, I'm trying my best to release new chapters at least once in 2 months, life getting busy...

11830849
Someone said Friendship lesson? :twilightsmile:

Ah yes, my favorite skill!

[Shoulder Slam]

11830947
It's super effective!

Login or register to comment