• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 1,638 Views, 71 Comments

Equestrian reformation - Vladilen_pro

  • ...
9
 71
 1,638

A warning message

"Okay, I'm listening." I said as we sat down at one of the tables outside the cafe.

"I finally managed to pick a good time to talk with you. You're so busy..." said the strange pony with sarcasm in her voice.

"Well, you really picked the wrong moments to talk to me. Seriously, in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping?" I said in my defense.

"It was necessary so that SHE wouldn't follow me..." the strange pony said with a little alarm in her voice.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, feeling a sense of alarm also visit me.

At that moment the waiter came up to us.

"Have you decided what you're going to order?" the waiter addressed the two of us at once.

"Yes, a chocolate milkshake, please." my companion ordered.

"And you, sir?" the waiter turned to me.

"I guess... I'll take a chocolate milkshake, too." I said uncertainly.

"Orders taken. Wait a few minutes." after saying this, the waiter went back to the cafe.

I followed the waiter with my eyes until he walked into the building. When I was done with that, my gaze met the gaze of this strange pony.

"Look, how about we start with something simple? What's your name? I never knew it in all the times I've seen you." I said, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"My name is Bon Bon."

"Well, nice to meet you... I guess I don't have to introduce myself, right?" I asked with a little chuckle.

"Yes, of course. I don't think there's anyone in Equestria who doesn't know your name by this time." Bon Bon said, with a slight smile.

"Well, I can't argue with that..." I said and noticed the waiter approaching us with our order. "Here come our yummy treats."

The waiter put the milkshakes on the table and quickly left.

"Well, after we got our orders ... I guess we can start our conversation..." I said, taking a sip of my milkshake through a straw. "You said you chose such odd moments to talk so that SHE wouldn't follow you. Who's that?"

"Lyra. Lyra Heartstrings." Bon Bon said seriously.

I looked at Bon Bon Bon with confusion, and there was silence for a few seconds, which I broke with the sound of sipping through a straw.

"Okay, but ... That doesn't tell me anything." I said with a shrug.

Bon Bon looked at me with judgment.

"What?" I asked with confusion, raising an eyebrow.

"So you weren't listening to me that night after all." Bon Bon continued to stare with judgment.

"Okay, let's forget about it, shall we? Just tell me what's going on already. This time I can take it in properly, unlike last time."

"Alright. Here, take a look at this." Bon Bon said and placed a folder on the table.

"Hmm? What's this?" I opened the folder, and it turned out to be the dossier of the Lyra that Bon Bon talked about. "What the...? Where did you get this?"

"It doesn't matter. Start reading." Bon Bon said seriously.

"All right. What are you, like a secret agent or something?" I said, jokingly.

Bon Bon looked at me with surprise.

"Just kidding." I said and started reading. "So... Lyra Heartstrings."

After reading this pony's dossier for a few minutes, I didn't notice anything strange.

"So? Nothing unusual, I guess. What do you want to say by that?"

"Well, I figured I'd have to explain everything to you," Bon Bon said in a tired voice. "Do you remember when the portal between our worlds was opened two years ago?"

"Sure. The whole planet has been talking about it for months. You couldn't turn on the TV and not come across people ranting about it." I said with confidence.

"Me and Lyra are close friends. And somehow, she knew about the existence of humanity long before the portal was opened." Bon Bon said, not trying to hide her surprise. "I listened to her stories almost every day that there was a civilization of intelligent beings walking on two legs. All this time I just wrote it off as funny fiction, and didn't give it much thought. But..." Bon Bon looked away from me. "Two years ago everything changed."

I was very surprised and didn't know what to say.

"You don't know what to say? Actually, neither do I. Two years ago, when the portal was opened, I just couldn't believe what was happening... All those years, Lyra was telling the plain truth, and I didn't take it seriously. Of course, she was very pleased with herself. She was satisfied that she had finally proved to me the existence of humanity. Every day since the portal opened, she reminded me that she was right..." Bon Bon turned to me again. "Do you think she was satisfied with that?"

I was still speechless.

"I've lost count of the letters she sent to Princess Celestia asking to be allowed into the portal room and to be the first pony to go to Earth. She claimed to be the perfect candidate for it." Bon Bon paused, taking a sip of her milkshake. "And no matter how many times Celestia has explained in her reply letters that only Earth ponies can go through the portal... Lyra still wouldn't give up, and kept trying to convince the princess."

"But how... How is it possible...? How did she know all this?" I finally managed to say.

"To this day I still don't know ... And I doubt if I ever will..." Bon Bon Bon was as surprised as I was. "But you know... Even so, she didn't stop there. Once, she even wanted to illegally enter the portal room. Somewhere she got black suits so she could hide in the dark, and even tried to talk me into going with her."

"And what happened next?" I asked with great interest.

"With great effort, I was able to talk her out of it, reasoning that if she got caught... Well, nothing good will happen." Bon Bon let out a sigh of relief, apparently still satisfied that she was able to prevent this risky operation. "Oh yes, Lyra said she didn't trust Celestia about the fact that only Earth ponies could pass through the portal. She assured me that any creature could do it, and Celestia not telling us something."

(And even in this, Lyra was right... Celestia lied, and at least any pony can pass through the portal. Not sure about other creatures, by the way...)

"Something on your mind? You've been staring at the same spot for about a minute now." Bon Bon asked, getting my attention back.

"Well, you know... I think about everything I heard..." I lied.

"But you haven't heard the main part of the story yet... It began when it became known that one human would be going to Equestria, for the first live contact between our civilizations."

"Wait..." I interrupted Bon Bon. "How long before my arrival did this become known?"

"Well... At least for half a year before you got in Equestria." Bon Bon said with a little uncertainty in her voice.

"Interesting... Perhaps Celestia hadn't originally planned a reformation program for the first human to come here? Perhaps she planned it as a simple visit, with the possibility of returning home at any time?" I said thoughtfully.

"You may be right... If that were really the case, things would be a lot easier..." there was a slight disappointment in Bon Bon's voice.

"Yeah... So what were you talking about before I interrupted you?" I asked, finishing my milkshake.

"Well, Lyra was very excited to hear that a human was coming to Equestria. Of course, she immediately stopped all attempts to get into the portal room. Why would she go to Earth if the human would come to her himself?" Bon Bon made a serious expression on her face and put her hooves on the table, pushing the milkshake aside. "This is where my worry about you really begins."

"I don't like it..." I said with a little concern.

"That's right. I wouldn't like it either, if I were you. Anyway... Remember the day you arrived in Equestria, you gave a speech on the balcony of Canterlot Castle?"

"Yes, of course, how could I forget such a thing? I was a little nervous at the time, speaking in front of such a big audience..." I said with a little bit of shyness.

"Didn't you notice a certain pony who was a little more excited than the others?" Bon Bon asked ironically.

"Hmm... Well, yes, I noticed. And what are you trying to say with tha... Wait." realization hit me like a truck.

"Exactly. You've seen how she acts, and I'd like to ask you a question... Do you think meeting her is a good idea?" Bon Bon asked seriously.

"Uh... I don't know. What if she gets even more excited than she was during my speech? Could it end badly for me?" I asked uncertainly.

Bon Bon sighed uneasily.

"Look... When we met at the Canterlot café, I was pretty sure that you and Lyra shouldn't see each other. But now... I've rethought some factors, and... Anyway, maybe I'm overestimating the situation a little bit."

"Oh, is that so?" I asked with some surprise.

"Yes, probably... Anyway, I just wanted to warn you, that's all. I'm not going to impose my point of view on you, and I'm giving you free will. If you don't think Lyra poses any danger to you, you're free to meet with her, it's your decision." Bon Bon said and put some sort of piece of paper on the table. "But if you want to avoid meeting her... Here's the address of the house where Lyra and I live. Try to avoid that area of Ponyville. If you try to go there, you're guaranteed to run into Lyra."

I took a piece of paper with the address on it and read it.

"I'll think about it." I said uncertainly.

"Make your decision without haste, you have plenty of time... Right?" Bon Bon asked with a sly chuckle.

"I think so." I said sarcastically. "Thank you for all this information... It will definitely be useful to me."

"Oh, don't even doubt it." Bon Bon said, stepping out from behind the table. "It was nice to finally talk to you without rushing and all. You're a pleasant companion."

"I could say the same thing about you. You turned out to be a very nice pony." I said with a smile.

Bon Bon raised an eyebrow.

"Well, you know, these sudden late-night conversations have certainly not been good for my perception of your persona. No offense, okay?" I explained myself.

Bon Bon smiled.

"There are no hard feelings. I completely understand your reaction, but there was no other way out."

"Glad to hear that." I said with relief.

"Okay, I should go. I have to meet Lyra at the train station, she's on her way back from Canterlot."

"Ah, is that why we were able to talk in the daytime?" I asked sarcastically.

"Exactly. Perfect timing."

At that moment the waiter came over, bringing the bill for the order.

"I'll pay for us. Go meet Lyra." I said, grabbing the bits out of the pouch.

"What a gentleman, thank you. Goodbye." Bon Bon said as she walked away and waved to me.

I waved back and then paid the bill, leaving the cafe a few minutes later.

(Maybe one day I'll visit Lyra... According to Bon Bon's story, she doesn't look that dangerous. I think she'll just be very, very happy to see me, and nothing more, right...?)

I was on my way home, but a familiar voice called out to me. It was Rarity.

"Vlad! You're just the person I expected to see today." said Rarity cheerfully.

"Hi Rarity. What's up?" I said, stepping closer.

"I'm doing great. I just remembered that you owe me a conversation about human fashion. You're not busy? This is the perfect time for that!" Rarity asked hopefully.

(Shit! I completely forgot about that. Well, since I promised...)

"No, I'm not busy." I said, realizing that I wouldn't get home for at least a few more hours.

"Wonderful! Darling, this is very important to me, thank you! Come on, I'll show you the way." Rarity said and gestured for me to follow her.

As we walked, Rarity thanked me again for that time I helped her with the measurements for her new clothing collection.

"...yes, I did read this morning's newspaper. Nice of you to mention me."

"Darling, that's the least I could do to thank you." Rarity was a bit excited. "Ah, here we are! Boutique Carousel! Please come in."

I walked into the boutique and looked around.

"Nice place you have here, Rarity. It's clear you love what you do." I said with fascination"

"Flatterer!" Rarity said playfully. "Please make yourself at home. I'll make us some tea, and you can tell me all about human fashion! How does that sound?"

I gave it a thumbs up.

"Okay, wait a little, please. You can look around the boutique for now." Rarity said and went to the kitchen.

Following Rarity's suggestion, I began to look around.

(I don't even know what I can tell her about our fashion... I'm not an expert in it).

While exploring the boutique, I came across a cabinet on which stood several cans of hair spray. I took one of the cans in my hands and examined it.

(Perhaps this hairspray might have been a good souvenir for my mom? She loves those things.)

"Rarity, can you sell me some hairspray?" I asked loudly so Rarity could hear me while she was in the kitchen.

"You mean, mane spray?" Rarity asked with a slight confusion.

"Uh... Yeah, these." I replied after a few seconds.

"Darling, you can have them for free, I've got plenty more of those in reserve." Rarity replied with kindness in her voice.

"Thank you!" I said and put two cans of hair spray in my backpack.

"Decided to try the mane spray, Vlad?" Rarity asked with a small chuckle.

"No, I want to gift these to my mother. I think she'll like them."

"Awww, that's so sweet of you." Rarity said with a sympathy.

At that moment I heard the sound of a door opening and a voice followed it.

"Rarity, I'm home!"

"Oh, already? Did you have fun with your friends?" asked Rarity as she came out of the kitchen.

It was Sweetie Belle, and she looked pretty happy with the activities of the day.

"Yes, we were visiting Zecora, and she showed us how to brew potions! It's so much fun!" Sweetie Belle was hopping around Rarity and smiling.

"Zecora accompany you in the everfree forest, did she? You didn't go there alone?" Rarity asked worriedly.

"Of course! There's no way we'd go in there alone." Sweetie Belle said and then noticed me.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Wow, Vlad's here! Yay!" said Sweetie Belle and jumped into my arms.

"Whoa, that's some moves! I have to ruffle your mane for that!" I said, and I did it.

The little filly laughed playfully.

"How sweet! I wish I had my camera on me right now..." said Rarity with a chuckle.

"By the way, Rarity! There seems to be a crowd of visitors coming this way right now! They seem to be hungry for your outfits!" said Sweetie Belle, still sitting in my arms.

"Really? Oh no, but I wasn't expecting visitors today! I have to get everything ready right away!" said Rarity and rushed off to make preparations.

I sighed with relief.

"Don't think you're going to get away from this fashion talk, darling! I'll talk to you later!" said Rarity with a smirk of determination.

(Yeah, that would be too easy...)

"While Rarity is busy, we can do something together!" Sweetie Belle said cheerfully.

"Good idea. What shall we do?" I asked, putting the filly on the floor.

"Do you want to see my room?" the filly asked hopefully.

"Sure, why not? Lead the way!"

"Yay! Come on, my room is on the second floor." Sweetie Belle said, and I followed her.

In a couple of moments we were already there, and I was looking around.

"So you live with Rarity?" I asked the first question that came to mind.

"No, I live with my parents, and I go to Rarity's on the weekends. I love staying here."

"And I can see why! How many toys are there? It would take hours, no less, to count!" I wondered.

"Yes, and I love every one of them! Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and I often play something in my room."

"Hmm... I guess you and I could play something while Rarity is busy with clients." I said, looking around at the toys and wondering what game we could play.

"Really?! Yippee!" the filly started hopping around me the way she'd done with Rarity earlier today, but suddenly she stopped. "But what game can we play? Do you have any ideas?"

My gaze stopped on the pirate captain's hat, and at that moment I knew what I wanted.

"Fifteen men on the dead man's chest—
...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
Drink and the devil had done for the rest—
...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!" I sang as I put on the pirate hat.

"Wow, you want to play pirates? I love it!" the filly then wondered. "If you're the captain, then who am I? An ordinary sailor?"

"I think I have a more interesting role for you!" I said mysteriously.

"And who would I be?" Sweetie Belle asked excitedly.

Before the filly could say anything else, I picked her and placed her on my shoulder.

"Every pirate captain has a parrot, right? And you're just right for that role! What do you say? Will you be my parrot?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

Surprise appeared on Sweetie Belle's face, but then it changed to a big smile.

"Wow, this is so cool! Of course I'll be your parrot!" Sweetie Belle nestled comfortably on my shoulder. " I will repeat what you say!"

"Great! Now we need a ship! We can build it out of pillows." I said, closing one eye, pretending it wasn't there.

"Great! Now we need a ship! We can build it out of pillows." my "parrot" repeated after me.

I just laughed and started building a ship out of pillows.