• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 1,638 Views, 71 Comments

Equestrian reformation - Vladilen_pro

  • ...
9
 71
 1,638

Ponyville misadventures

"...and then we thought we could get our cutie marks for helping the teacher clean up the classroom after the end of the school day!" said Apple Bloom, sipping the cherry soda I gave her.

We were sitting under one of the apple trees on a small hill. Apple Bloom told me that her whole family go into the town to do some shopping, and they wouldn't be back for a couple of hours, so she suggested we pass the time talking under the tree that seemed the coziest for her. She also showed me the tree house nearby, but we decided to sit outside.

"And did it work out for you?" I asked, taking a sip of soda, too.

"As you can see... No, it didn't work." Apple Bloom said sadly, pointing to her empty flank.

"Don't worry, sooner or later you'll find your talent. Just don't give up." I said, feeling like a father giving his child a encouraging talk.

"Did you get your cutie mark yet?" the filly asked, apparently trying to distract herself from sad thoughts.

"Humans don't get cutie marks."

"Really? Then how do they determine what they're good at? And how do other humans know what you're good at?" Apple Bloom asked with surprise.

"Well, you know... How should I put it... Actually, it might sound pretty obvious, but... If a person is good at something, and he's been practicing it for a while, he then realizes that it's his talent and he's going to do that all his life. We don't need cutie marks to know what we're good at, that comes with time."

Apple Bloom listened to me intently, and I could see the interest in her eyes.

"Some people may even have more than one talent. And even more than two. It's all up to the person himself whether he wants to develop further, after the talent seems to have been found." I said, finishing my soda and putting the empty can aside. "But, of course, there are some people who don't want to search for their talent. Such people have a vague future waiting for them, and they never know what fate has in store for them around the next corner."

Apple Bloom still didn't say a word, apparently waiting for me to continue.

"Well, and about your second question... That's pretty easy, too. People report their talents in newspapers, magazines, advertisements. And when these materials get into other people's hands, they can choose exactly the talent they need at that moment. A leaky pipe? Need a plumber. Broken refrigerator? Need an electrician, and so on."

"Wow, this is so cool! I wish you were a teacher at my school..."

"Don't you like your teacher?" I asked, surprised that the filly thought I was a better teacher than her current one.

"No, she's not bad, it's just. It's just that we still can't get used to the fact that Miss Cheerilee isn't our teacher anymore."

"But aren't you happy for her? She had a dream, and she fulfilled it. She wanted to move on with her life. I've seen her recently, and even given the recent circumstances, she looks happy."

"Yes, you're right. We're all happy for her. She even comes to check on us sometimes." Apple Bloom said cheerfully.

"Way to go!" I said, rubbing the little filly's mane, to which she responded with a small chuckle. "Would you like another soda? We could go to the market, I saw a soda stand there." I said, getting to my feet.

"Yes, I wouldn't mind." Apple Bloom said, then gestured for me to bend over to her. "Not the apple one, please! I'm getting tired of the taste of apples... And don't tell Applejack what I said to you, okay?" the filly whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry, I can keep a secret," I said, picking up the empty soda cans. "Well, shall we go then?"

Before I could even take a step, I felt some kind of vibration on the ground.

"What the...? An earthquake? Apple Bloom, can you feel it?" I asked, but got no answer.

As I turned around, I saw her hiding behind a tree, peering out a little.

(What the hell is going on?)

"There he is!" came a familiar voice.

As I turned back around, I finally realized what was going on. It wasn't an earthquake at all. It was Applejack coming right at me.

(Aww man...)

The next moment Applejack crashed into me, and I fell to the ground. A second later, I felt the pressure of a hoof on my chest. When I realized what was happening, I saw Applejack's angry face again, exhaling hot air at me.

"And I was wondering when you'd show up." I said sarcastically.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SISTER?! WHERE IS SHE?! TELL ME, OR YOU'LL FIND OUT HOW STRONG THE EARTH PONIES ARE!"

"Applejack! Calm down, I'm fine! What's gotten into you?" peeked out from behind the tree Apple Bloom.

"Apple Bloom? Thank Celestia, you're okay!" said Applejack, looking at me again with an already less wary face.

"Do you mind?" I asked, pretending to be polite.

Applejack took her hoof off my chest and let me get up.

"I see you like to pin interlocutors to the ground, don't you?" I asked, shaking the dirt off my clothes.

"Haven't you had enough? We can do it again!" said the orange pony in an angry voice.

"Oh my God, calm down already." I said, while Applejack was examining her little sister.

"He didn't hurt you? Is everything okay? Just tell me, and I'll...!"

"Applejack! I'm all right! Stop being so mean!" said the filly emphatically. "Vlad told me a lot of interesting things and gave me a soda!"

Applejack and Apple Bloom looked at each other in silence for a while, and then the older sister turned away, sighing. She looked sad.

(It looks like I'd better leave them alone.)

I walked over to Applejack with my hands in my pockets. She was looking in the opposite direction from me.

"I think you know why I'm here? I need to talk to Mac, where is he?"

Applejack simply pointed her hoof at the building near the entrance to the farm.

"Okay, thank you... See you later." I said, addressing Applejack and Apple Bloom at once.

Apple Bloom waved to me before approaching her older sister. They started talking about something, but I couldn't make it out anymore because I was so far away.

(Applejack and I need to talk privately at some point.)

In a couple of minutes I was already in the right place. I saw Mac unloading purchases from the wagon at the front of the house.

"Hey, Mac!" I said, walking up to the red stallion and holding out my hand. "It's good to see you again."

"Hey." Mac held out his hoof in response.

"Need a helping hand?" I said, pointing to a wagon full of shopping and other things.

"Yes, help would be very welcome." Mac said, taking another bag in his teeth.

"Okay, show me where to carry it." I said, taking a bag in each hand.

We walked inside the house and I started looking around as we walked. There were a lot of pictures on the walls that appeared to have members of Mac's family on them.

(He does have a big family!)

Eventually we came to the kitchen. There were already a lot of packages unloaded by an elderly mare. When Mac and I put the bags on the floor, she turned and noticed us.

"Who do we have here? Is it Vlad himself?" said the old mare with a sly smile.

"Good afternoon. You must be Miss Smith?" I asked politely.

"Ah, forget it. Call me Granny Smith, there's no use in addressing me formally in our house."

"Okay... Granny." I said and felt a little awkward.

"That's good! See, Mac, I told you fate would bring you two together!"

"Yes, Granny, you were right again." Mac replied with a smile.

Even with my help, we had to go outside and back to the kitchen five times. When the last bag was in the kitchen, I exhaled with relief.

"Nice job, my good ones. Vlad, would you like to stay with us for dinner?" asked Granny Smith, standing near the stove.

"Actually, I have plans for today. But thanks for the invitation." I politely declined.

(I don't really have any plans, but I think we should leave them alone. Maybe Applejack would like to talk to her family in private.)

"As you wish, my boy. Thanks again for your help." Granny Smith said, not turning away from the stove.

Mac had already gone outside while I was talking to Granny, so I hurried after him. When I got outside, I saw him pulling the wagon into the barn.

"Hey, Mac, can I have a word with you?" I said, catching up with him.

"Sure, let me get the wagon to the barn and we'll talk."

"Okay, I'll wait here."

While I was waiting, I could see three fillies enter the tree house that Apple Bloom showed me. I could see Apple Bloom herself, and two other fillies I'd seen while spying on Mac's wife.

(I think Apple Bloom will introduce me to them later.)

"I'm done." Mac said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Great. Celestia said she got me a job at your farm. Did you know that?"

"Yeah, I know. Welcome to the job. Celestia talked to me about it too, and said Applejack would be in charge."

(Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!)

"Okay... I get it. When is my first day of work?" I asked, trying not to give away my frustration.

"Tomorrow morning by 10 a.m."

"Well, see you tomorrow, then." I said, holding out my hand again, but this time to say goodbye.

"See ya." Mac said and held out his hoof to me.

After saying goodbye to Mac, I went to the farm exit and headed back into town. As I was walking, I thought it would be a good idea to stop by the Ponyville Market and buy some food there.

(I'll make myself something to eat. But what exactly do I want to cook...?)

When I arrived at the market, I realized that on the morning of the day I first arrived in Ponyville, I had only walked through a small part of the market. Now, taking my time, I was discovering more and more parts of the market that I hadn't been to before.

(Fruits, vegetables, flowers... Yeah, I should be used to it by now.)

As I walked a little farther, I saw the same soda counter I told Apple Bloom about.

(I'll buy some soda and give it to Apple Bloom and her friends later.)

The soda stand was owned by a unicorn, whom I would have expected to see more in Rarity's place than in the soda counter. There were plenty of sodas to choose from, much more than on the train, which didn't surprise me at all.

(Wait... Isn't that the same soda I bought on the train?)

And indeed, it was the same soda, I was sure.

"Hello, Miss. I don't know if this means anything to you, but I once bought the same soda on a train. I noticed the sign saying that you make it yourself, so I thought I'd let you know."

"Yes, thank you, I know. My brother helps me with selling my products. He works as a train salesman, and we thought it would be a good opportunity to sell our soda even outside of Ponyville." the pony proudly declared.

"Not a bad idea! Thanks, maybe I can use it someday." I said cheerfully. "Now, I'd like to buy..."

I started listing all the soda flavors I liked. I loved the apple flavor, too, of course, but decided not to take it at Apple Bloom's request.

"Thanks for the purchase! Come again!"

While I was buying soda, I realized I wanted to cook. I want... Tomato soup!

(I haven't made it in a while! And now that I have to eat only plant-based foods, tomato soup seems like the perfect option).

After taking a few more steps, I came across a stand with vegetables. There, in addition to tomatoes, I bought some other vegetables. And, of course, I picked up some fruits.

Closer to the exit of the market, I came across a stand with cheese, milk, eggs, and other everyday products. It didn't bother me until I remembered where I was.

(Wait a second... But... Really? Okay... I won't bother myself with this, after all, it's none of my business.)

Pretending not to care at all, I bought milk, eggs, butter, cheese, and bread.

(Everything you need for breakfast!)

Feeling the weight of the bags in my hands, I wanted to get home as soon as possible so my hands could rest.

(This happens whenever I decide to leave my backpack at home! Damn you!)

When I reached home, I happily set the bags down in the kitchen, and I could have sworn my hands were thanking me for mercy.

(Yeah, that soda is so heavy! Whew... Okay, time to put everything in its place.)

After spending about ten minutes distributing my purchases, I was surprised at how well I was navigating this kitchen, which I was seeing for the first time today. It was as if I had been living in this house for years.

(I guess it's just that my brain still thinks things are completely different in Equestria and nothing matches Earth, even though that's obviously not true.)

(By the way, it's such nice weather outside now, it's a good time to go for a walk, not to be stuck next to a hot stove...)

I decided to abandon the idea of making tomato soup for a while and go for a walk.

(You can make soup later, but you can't have too much good weather!)

Without wasting any more time, I went outside. I didn't know exactly where I should go during my walk, so I just let my feet take me somewhere.

While walking around the city I came across a small, cozy park. There were many birds sitting on the trees and singing their songs. I decided to sit down on one of the benches to listen to them sing.

(I could probably listen to them forever... So relaxing...)

I just closed my eyes, listening to the birds and thinking my own thoughts. I don't know how much longer I would have sat like that if the sound of wheels rolling down a dirt road hadn't distracted me. Without opening my eyes, I thought it was just another work pony.

(I'll probably have to drag apple carts behind me at the farm tomorrow, too...)

"Oh hello... I didn't expect to see you here..."

I opened my eyes and saw that Fluttershy was standing in front of me, and behind her was a wagon full of birdhouses.

"Hi. Didn't expect to meet you today either..." I said, sitting up straight on the bench.

"What are you doing here? Don't you live in Canterlot castle?" asked Fluttershy politely.

"I live in Ponyville now, I start working at Applejack's farm tomorrow. Right now I'm just relaxing, listening to the songs of the birds."

"I like to sit in the park and listen to them too..." said Fluttershy with a smile.

"What about all those birdhouses?" I asked, pointing to the wagon.

"I wanted to put them up in the park so the birds would be comfortable here."

"Hm... Well, I'm free right now anyway, so I can help you out." I said, getting up from the bench.

"H-help me?" Fluttershy said uncertainly. "Are you sure...? I... I wouldn't want to bother you, I'm sure I could... Do it myself..."

"It's okay, it's not hard for me. Where do we start?" I said as I approached the wagon that held the birdhouses.

"W-well, okay. Thank you, we'll get through this much faster together."

"Did you get the hammer and nails?" said I, trying to spot the two tools among the birdhouses.

"No... Why do we need them?" the pony asked with surprise.

"Well, you know... To hang birdhouses to trees?" I asked with confusion.

"What?! But we'll hurt the trees if we do that!"

"Ah, yes... Sorry, I've never done anything like that, and I've only seen other people hang birdhouses a couple of times, and they nailed them down." I said, feeling guilty.

"It's okay, I'll show you how to do it." Fluttershy took one of the birdhouses and flew with it to the top of the tree, hanging it on a branch. "That's it. And we don't hurt the tree."

As soon as the birdhouse was in its place, a bird flew in.

"There you go, little birdie... Do you like it?" asked Fluttershy, gently petting the bird on the head.

"Well, then let's get to work. Do you always hang them so high?" I asked, picking up the second birdhouse.

"Yes. The higher it hangs, the safer the bird feels."

"Okay, then, I'll pass them to you and you hang them up so you don't have to fly from tree to wagon every time. Which tree is next?"

In such coordinated work, an hour passed quickly. By this time there were only a couple of birdhouses left in the wagon.

"Do you have any pets?" asked Fluttershy, hanging up another birdhouse.

"No, but shortly before I was sent to Equestria, I wanted to get a cat."

"Aah, that's nice. So you've never had pets?"

"I've had pets. Well, or should I say, my parents had them. When I was a child and lived with them, we had a dog and a cat. They were friendly with each other, they played together. The cat slept on the dog and so on." I said a little sadly.

"They 'were' friendly to each other?"

"Yes, 'were' ... Unfortunately, time is merciless to everyone, and they were no exception..."

"Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't know it was like that..." said Fluttershy guiltily.

"It's okay. They're in a better place, aren't they?" I said with a smile.

"Yes, they are." Fluttershy came down to my eye level and hugged me.

"Thank you. I needed that." I said, letting go of Fluttershy.

"Anytime, Vlad."

"Well, let's wrap it up. There are two birdhouses left to hang." I said, handing her another one. "Did you make them yourself?"

"I had some help from Applejack. I'm so grateful to her!" said Fluttershy happily. "There seems to be nothing her hooves can't do!"

"Yeah, she's especially good at knocking me to the ground!"

"Did you say something?" Fluttershy turned to me.

"No, I didn't say anything."

A few minutes later the job was done.

"Thank you again! Without you, I'd probably be stuck here for hours..."

"It was a pleasure to help. Do you want me to help you drag the wagon home?" I said, walking over to the wagon. "I need to practice, I think Applejack going to make me carry one of those tomorrow."

"Well, if that's the way you want to go... I'll accept your help again."

"Great. Lead the way."

As we walked to Fluttershy's house, I told her about working at the animal shelter as a teenager.

"Really? You worked in an animal shelter?" wowed Fluttershy.

"Yeah, I needed some money, so that's where I decided to work. I'm making money, and I'm helping the animals as well." I said, pulling the wagon behind me.

"And what was on your list of responsibilities for this job?" Fluttershy asked with interest.

"I took the animals out for walks, cleaned their cages, sometimes I was even assigned to wash animals. I also kept records of animals that were taken home by visitors of the shelter."

"Did you enjoy working at the shelter?"

"Yes, of course. I worked there all summer. Then I had to quit because it was time to go to college."

"That's a very good thing to do, Vlad!" said Fluttershy, patting my hand.

"After I stopped working there, I would sometimes go in there to check on the animals, see who was taken home and who wasn't." I said, wiping drops of sweat from my forehead. "I wish all animals had a home where they are loved."

After a couple of minutes we stopped near a small bridge.

"Welcome! You can leave the wagon by that tree." Fluttershy said and pointed her hoof at a tree covered with birdhouses.

"It's a cozy place." I said, leaving the wagon in the designated spot.

"Thank you! I like it here, too."

There were many birds near Fluttershy's house, as well as in the park, whose singing relaxed me after pulling the wagon all the way behind me.

"Will you come in for some tea with me? It's the least I can do for you, after you helped me."

It was starting to get dark outside, so I decided I could use some hot tea.

"Yeah, sure, why not?" I said, stretching out my tired arms.

Fluttershy smiled and invited me into the house. The house looked as cozy inside as it did outside. There were little bunnies and even a few squirrels running around on the floor, and there were bowls of food in the corners.

"Have a seat while I go to the kitchen and get everything ready," said Fluttershy, pointing to the couch by the window.

When I sat down on the couch, I felt every muscle in my body relax.

(I swear Equestria has the most comfortable couches! Maybe I can buy a couch here and carry it through the portal?)

While I was relaxing on the couch, several bunnies came up to me, looking at me with interest.

"Hello, little ones, how are you?" I said, reaching out my arm to pet one of them.

At first bunny dodged my hand, but the second time I managed to pet him, and he trusted me. Then the second bunny got brave, too, and came closer.

"How sweet you are, my heart is about to melt for the second time this day..."

While I was petting them, there was a knock on the door.

"Vlad, can you open the door? I'm busy here..." said Fluttershy from the kitchen.

"Sure, I'll get it." I said, getting up from the couch.

(One of her friends must have come. I wonder who exactly?)

"Hello, welco-" I didn't finish, as the blood in my veins froze.

There was a big bear standing on the doorstep, looking at me.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" I yelled, slamming the door and running to the couch, hopping behind it.

"Vlad, are you okay?! I heard you screaming, what happened?" said Fluttershy, running out of the kitchen.

"T-there's... B-bear at the door!" I jumped out from behind the couch and grabbed Fluttershy by her shoulders. "We have to barricade the door before he breaks in here!"

"What...? What are you talking..." Fluttershy didn't finish as she began to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?! We're in danger!" said I, not understanding what is going on.

"There's no danger..." said Fluttershy, patting my head. "Look."

To my horror, Fluttershy opened the door. The bear was still standing on the doorstep.

(You're fucking kidding me, right?)

I took the big lamp standing by the couch, getting into a fighting stance.

"Hello, Harry! You haven't come to see me for a long time, I missed you so much, where have you been?" said Fluttershy, hugging the bear by the neck. "Are your joints stiff again?"

Bear started nodding.

"I help you now, dear." Fluttershy went outside, and the bear followed her.

(What... What the fuck?)

Fluttershy reappeared in the doorway, smiling.

"Vlad, take the kettle off the stove, please, it's already boiling," said Fluttershy, pointing to the kitchen, where the kettle could be heard whistling. "I'll be right back."

(All right... I... I...)

I put the lamp back and went into the kitchen.

"Thank you!" came Fluttershy's voice, and then the door closed.

I turned off the stove and put the kettle on the tray, which already had two mugs and a plate of cookies.

(And I thought nothing else in Equestria would surprise me...)

Suddenly a bear's roar was heard from the outside.

(I knew it! I fucking knew it!)

I ran out of the kitchen and grabbed the lamp again, kicking the door wide open.

"I'm coming, Fluttershy, hold on!" I shouted, but I didn't see what I expected.

"Here, better? You should come see me more often," said Fluttershy, sitting on the bear's back.

I could tell from the bear's face that he was feeling very well. His tongue rolled out to the ground and his eyes rolled back in pleasure.

"I'm coming Vlad, just a few more minutes!" Fluttershy said when she saw me.

Unable to say anything I just walked back into the house and put the lamp back on for the second time, sitting down on the couch.

(I fucking give up...)

I stared at one spot for a few minutes, and my mind was blank.

(Fuck it, I'm out of here.)

When I got up from the couch, Fluttershy came into the house.

"Waiting for you tomorrow, Harry! Take care!" said Fluttershy, closing the door behind her. "Well, that's it. Thanks for waiting, I'll get everything from the kitchen."

"Thank you, Fluttershy, but I'd better be going. It was good to see you."

"Are you sure? We haven't had tea yet..." said Fluttershy a little sadly.

"Yes, I have to... Go over to Twilight and write a letter to Princess Celestia." I said, walking to the door.

"Ah, well, if that's the case... Thank you for everything today. Maybe you at least take some cookies with you...? I made them myself." said Fluttershy a little shyly.

(Well, it won't do me any harm...)

"Yes, of course. I'd love to try your cookies."

"Okay, wait here!" said Fluttershy and flew to the kitchen.

A minute later, Fluttershy returned and handed me a paper bag filled with cookies.

"I hope you like them! Come visit anytime, you're always welcome!" said Fluttershy with a big smile.

"Yeah, okay. I'll come... Someday." I said and went outside.

Walking across the small bridge, I turned around. Fluttershy waved to me, and I waved to her, too.

(I need to think at home. But this time panic has taken over me...)

It was already dark outside, and there were many glowing windows in Ponyville, signifying that all the ponies were home. On my way home, I didn't meet anyone who was still outside.

When I opened the door and entered my new home, I took the cookies into the kitchen and then collapsed face down on the couch.

(What a day... I'll remember it.)

My lying on the couch was interrupted by a rumbling from my stomach. I sighed heavily.

(Right. I need to make soup.)

I got up from the couch lazily and went back into the kitchen.

(After the soup, I'll fall on my bed and fall asleep.)

The soup went on without any slowdowns, because I had made it so many times before that it was permanently ingrained in my memory. When it was ready, I proudly poured it into a plate and went to the table. The soup gave off a pleasant smell.

(Great ending to the day!)

Suddenly, on my way to the table, I was blinded by a flash. I yelled out in surprise and a bowl of soup spilled over me.

"Vlad! Vlad! Are you here?! We have news!"

It was Luna. She turned to me, beginning to speak again.

"There you are! We wanted to say that..." Luna looked at me in surprise. "What's the matter with you? Why are you all red? And why are you gritting your teeth?"

Hot soup was dripping off me, and I struggled not to scream again.

"What is that? We should check it out." Luna came up to me and licked my cheek. "It's... Tomato soup, right? Did we get it right?"

"Mhmm..." I said through still clenched teeth.

"Yay! We guessed right!" but Luna stopped her celebrations. "Oh, the soup is hot, isn't it? You need to be more careful! Let us help you with a cooling spell."

"Wait, no, no!" I said, but it was too late.

In a next second I was covered in two layers: hot soup and a small layer of snow.

"So how do you feel?" asked Luna proudly.

After removing the snow from my face, I looked at Luna with a neutral expression.

"I think it's safe to say that I'm... Cool!" I said, smiling.

Luna covered her mouth with hoof, but it didn't help, and a second later she was laughing heartily.