• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 1,638 Views, 71 Comments

Equestrian reformation - Vladilen_pro

  • ...
9
 71
 1,638

Hanging out at Twilight's

I returned home under the cover of night, terribly tired from this conversation with Rarity, which unfortunately still took place. When I opened the door, I sighed heavily.

(I'm finally home... It's time to take a break from talking and listen to the blissful silence...)

When I went inside and closed the door, I saw a piece of paper on the floor.

(What is that? Time to start cleaning up?)

I picked up a piece of paper from the floor, and to my surprise I found that it was a message from Spike.

(I wonder... What does he want to tell me?)

I went up to the second floor and collapsed on my bed, starting to read Spike's message.

"Hey, how are you? I came by this afternoon, but you weren't home, so I thought I'd leave a note.

Anyway, I'm having a party tomorrow, and I thought you might want to hang out with us. This party's for guys only, no girls! Mac will be there, Shining too, and a few other folks you probably don't know... But that's not a problem, is it? It's never too late to make new friends.

Anyway, if you want to have a good time, come to Twilight's library by 7pm. Hope to see you soon.

Spike."

After reading the note, I tossed it aside and rested my head on the pillow, staring at the ceiling.

(The offer is very good, but I was hoping to stay home all day tomorrow and do nothing...)

I got out of bed and walked to the window, looking out over the sleeping Ponyville. The streets were empty, and only the rustle of the leaves kept the silence from descending on the city.

(On the other hand... Will I be able to have as much fun when I get home? No, I will not. My "favorite" job will take up all my time again.)

(Oh, and besides, it's a great way to spend some time together with Mac.)

(Ah, okay, fuck it. I'm in.)

I was still looking out the window when suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

(What the hell? Who can come at a time like this?)

Surprised, I went down to the first floor, opened the door and... I saw the Coffeine Cream. She was standing here, tears streaming from her eyes and a big smile on her face.

I was very surprised, and for a few seconds we just stared at each other in silence.

"Uh... Are you okay?" was the only thing I could say.

Without answering anything, the mare just stood up on her hind hooves and hugged me.

"Thank you. Thank you very much." Coffeine said, wiping her tears on my T-shirt.

And then I understood everything. Surprise immediately disappeared without a trace, and happiness replaced it. I was glad that Celestia had fulfilled my request.

"Hey, I couldn't let this situation go unnoticed. You and your mother deserve to be happy." I said, hugging Coffeine in return.

"I... I just don't know what to say... I'm so grateful to you... You gave us hope!" said Coffeine and nuzzled into my T-shirt again.

"It's okay... How are you feeling? Come in, we can talk in the kitchen over a cup of tea, coffee... Or a soda. You choose." I said, petting the emotional mare.

"Okay... Thanks for the invitation, I accept it."

"Good. Come in, please. If you want to clean up, the bathroom is that door over there." I said, letting Coffeine in and closing the door behind her. "I'll be waiting in the kitchen."

Coffeine just nodded, and went into the bathroom, while I went into the kitchen.

(Celestia works fast... Yesterday morning I talked to her, and tonight I find out that my request has been fulfilled...)

I was going through the kitchen cabinets looking for coffee and tea, in the meantime, Coffeine came back.

"All good now?" I asked, finally finding what I was looking for.

"Yeah, I'm fine." said the mare as she sat down on a chair and moved closer to the table.

"Good to know. So what's it going to be? Tea, coffee, or..."

"Coffee. I need it now more than ever... I haven't slept since yesterday." Coffeine interrupted me.

"It'll be ready in a minute!" I said cheerfully.

"Thank you. I may own a coffee stand, but I didn't have time to drink my own coffee today! So much has happened..." Coffeine was both happy and worried at the same time.

"I'm glad there's a change for the better in your life."

"And it's all thanks to you... I probably would never had the courage to just ask the princess about something like this..." there was an unsure tone in the coffee pony's voice.

"There's nothing wrong with that. Everyone deserves to be helped, you just need to be willing to accept it. Why try to solve problems alone when you can ask for help? In some cases, being stubborn is not the best thing. You get what I mean?" I said, remembering the conversation between Coffeine and her mother at the hospital.

"I guess..." the coffee pony said hesitantly.

"Here's your coffee. Oh, I also have cookies... Here it is." I put the plate of cookies Fluttershy gave me on the table.

"I never thought that the stranger I yelled at when I first met him would be so kind to me... I don't think I deserve your kindness..." the coffee pony's eyes began to fill with tears again, but the smile remained in place.

"Awwww, it's okay, really. I don't hold a grudge against you. Come here." I hugged Coffeine again as tightly as I could. "I can't watch you ponies cry. It breaks my heart..."

I wiped Coffeine's tears with the sleeve of my T-shirt.

"You know... I don't have many friends... Sometimes, I feel a little lonely. Maybe... We could be friends?" Coffeine asked in a hopeful way.

"Why do you even ask? Of course I agree. I don't have many friends either. In fact, you know why I'm even here, don't you?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yes, that's quite a story... "

"Don't even doubt it." I sat comfortably on the chair sipping my coffee. "So... How's your mother?"

"She... Already feeling much better. Soon she'll be able to leave the hospital and go home."

"Now that is really good news! You can spend more time with her without working 24/7." I leaned back on my chair and smiled warmly.

"By the way, I have a question... Do you mind?" Coffeine asked hesitantly.

"Go for it." I said without a doubt.

"I'm just wondering ... How do you know about this whole situation?"

At that moment, my calmness and confidence left me.

"Uhhh... I don't think you're going to like it..." I said hesitantly, looking away from the coffee pony.

"Vlad. I need to know." Coffeine said seriously.

"Do you really need to know that?" I asked with a nervous smile.

The look on Coffeine's face let me know that she REALLY wanted to know.

"Okay... But I tried to talk you out of it..." I took a deep breath and started talking. "Well... There's not much to tell, really. I just... I followed you to the hospital and eavesdropped on a conversation between you and your mother."

An awkward smile froze on my face, and I waited for a response. All I got in return was a sly smile.

"I suspected that." said the coffee pony with a chuckle.

"You did?!" I was surprised.

"Yes. But I didn't know who exactly was following me. Somehow, I always know when I'm being followed. But at that moment I was too busy thinking about other things... If I had focused on that at the time, you wouldn't have been able to go unnoticed, believe me."

"And I thought I was good at stealth..." I was a little upset, but quickly remembered the main topic of conversation. "So you... Not mad at me for this...?"

"What makes you think that?" Coffeine asked seriously.

"Oh..." I felt stupid.

The next moment Coffeine smiled and then laughed.

"Just kidding. Of course I'm not mad at you, because you did it in a good manner! Who would you have to be to be mad at someone who saved your mother's life?" the coffee pony paused for a moment."Of course, if you would just do it for your own interests, that would be... Strange, to say the least."

"Good to know. But really, it was the only solution, since you didn't want to tell me anything." I shrugged.

"Would you tell a stranger something like that?" Coffeine raised an eyebrow.

I wanted to object, but then I realized she was right.

"Well, yeah... Fair enough."

"Oh yes, I forgot to tell you. My mother wanted to meet you." Coffeine said, finally drawing attention to the cookies. "Mmm, very tasty."

I was a little surprised.

"Meet me? Why?"

"I want to see my savior!" quoted Coffeine. "Here's what she said. Are you against it?"

"No, of course I don't mind. When does she want to see me?"

"I'll let you know. But I bet it won't happen until she gets home from the hospital."

(I didn't expect it to happen...)

"Oh, is it really 2 a.m. already?" Coffeine gasped in surprise.

"You can stay at my place for the night if you want." I suggested.

"Oh, no, thank you. I'll spend the night at the hospital with my mom, she needs support right now."

"As you wish. I can go with you."

"Decided to be my bodyguard?" Coffeine asked ironically. "Don't worry about me, I can stand up for myself."

I laughed a little.

"I wouldn't want to be your enemy..."

"The right decision, my friend." the coffee pony set her empty mug on the table and climbed down from her chair. "I should get going, and you're probably sleepy, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I could use some sleep..." I yawned.

I accompanied Coffeine to the door and we said goodbye to each other.

***

Knock knock knock.

"..."

Knock knock knock.

"Hmph?..."

Knock knock knock.

I opened my eyes lazily and tried to figure out what was going on. The knocking would not stop.

(Now who's come to visit me?)

I got out of bed and started to get dressed to check who was knocking on the door, but my attention turned to the window.

"You little prankster..."

I went to the window and began to look at the bird, which had been banging its beak at my window the whole time.

"Are you my personal alarm clock now?" I asked ironically. "Okay, I'm not mad at you. It's time to get up anyway."

One morning routine later, I was ready for a new day. But there was something I was missing... I thought for a moment, and then realized.

(I want to smoke! If only I had my vape with me...)

(Perhaps cigarettes can satisfy me? I'll go to the convenience store to get some...)

I went outside and breathed in the fresh air of Equestria. A few ponies noticed me and waved.

"Hey, have a good day." I waved back.

In no time, I got to the nearest store and went inside.

"Hi!" I greeted the cashier. "Can I get some Marlboro?"

"Hello, sir. What's a Marlboro?" the cashier asked with confusion.

The whole world literally collapsed for me, and I couldn't say a word.

"Are you okay?" the cashier was now even more confused.

"'No way.'" was all I could say.

"What you're looking for is sounds similar to the Mareboro. Are you interested in that?"

I instantly returned to my normal state.

(Right, that must be their Marlboro analog. What a relief.)

"Yeah, I'll take one pack, thanks." I said, taking the bits out of my pocket.

A few minutes later I was outside, smoking, comfortably resting on a bench.

"And I thought you were at least keeping a healthy lifestyle." I heard a voice that I couldn't mistake for anyone else.

Applejack came into my field of vision, looking at me with a teasing smile.

"Hey, it's not like I'm judging your habits, so you shouldn't either." I said a little offended.

"Ah, relax sugarcube, I'm just teasing you." Applejack chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, you're good at that." I said ironically.

Applejack rolled her eyes and then sat down next to me. Only then did I notice that she was carrying two saddlebags filled with something.

(It looks like she went into town to do some shopping.)

"I heard you guys decided to have a bachelor party?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, something like that. Hang out for a while." I let out a puff of cigarette smoke.

"Don't get too carried away there, it's Monday tomorrow. Ready to work hard?" Applejack teased me again.

"Can't wait, boss." I said, finishing my cigarette.

"That's the spirit! I wish there were more workers like you."

"And when is the payday?" I asked with a smirk.

"At the end of the month, sugarcube. Nothing new here."

"And how much will I get?" I kept asking questions.

"It depends on how well you work. We don't have a fixed wage."

"Hmm... Actually... That's pretty good motivation." I said, getting up from the bench. "Okay, see you tomorrow. I need to get ready for the party."

"See ya!" Applejack replied as I started to leave.

(Another friendly encounter with Applejack... Are things starting to get better?)

***

I spent the rest of the time before the party at home doing almost nothing. At 6:30 p.m. I put on fresh clothes and went outside, watching Ponyville live its evening life.

(It's been a long time since I've hung out in purely male company. Let's see how it turns out.)

It didn't take me long to get to Twilight's house. At the entrance, I saw a muscular white pegasus. His wings were so small that I couldn't help but wonder if he could fly at all.

(Looks like he's here to determine who gets in and who doesn't. Interesting.)

(Wait a minute... Is that Rainbow Dash?)

I was right. It looks like she was trying to get into this party. I walked closer to hear what she was talking about.

"What do you mean I can't go inside?! That's not fair! I want to have some fun too!" Rainbow was outraged.

"Hey, Rainbow. What's the problem?" I asked, stepping closer.

"This dude says this party is just for guys, can you believe it?! I demand to be let in!" Rainbow kept on going.

"Ah, what a shame..." I mimicked sadness. "Anyway..."

Leaving the rainbow pony behind, I approached the muscular pegasus.

"Hey buddy, do you think I can come in?" I asked with confident smile.

Pegasus looked at the guest list, then at me, then at the guest list and then back at me.

"YEAH!" the pegasus shouted.

"YEAH!" I shouted back.

Before I went in, I turned back and gave Rainbow a wink. The rainbow pony jaw dropped.

"You're dead to me!!!" Rainbow Dash was furious.

Inside, I saw a lot of stallions having fun. I immediately wanted to join in.

"Hey, I think everyone's there!" Spike stood on a large stack of books, drawing the attention of all the guests. "The last guy's here! Vlad, hey, how are you?"

I walked inside further from the entrance to greet Spike. On the way, a few of the stallions saluted me, and I did the same.

"Hey, Spike! I'm okay, are we starting?" I was all excited.

"Of course! This party has officially begun!" this announcement caused a cheering exclamation from everyone here. I was no exception.

When the first wave of cheers subsided, I saw Twilight walk down the stairs. A few moments later, everyone else spotted her.

"Oh, don't mind me, guys, I'm here to get the book. Have fun." Twilight said with a smile.

A second wave of cheers went up and Twilight was a little bashful, hurriedly retreating to the second floor.

(You shouldn't have broken our party rules, Twilight.)

"Hey, Vlad, we're here!" I heard a familiar voice.

When I turned around, I saw Shining and Mac sitting on the couch I had slept on when I spent the night at Twilight's. Wasting no time, I moved toward them.

"Hey, guys. Nice to see you again." I said as I sat down next to them.

"Same." Shining passed me a bottle of some kind of drink. "Do you want one?"

"What is it?" I asked, taking the bottle.

"Apple Cider. Mac's sister got some for our party." Shining said, taking a sip.

"That's cool. Hey Mac, did you ask her to do it?" I opened the bottle.

"No, she suggested it herself. To be honest, I was surprised." Mac said, also opening a bottle of apple cider.

"Hah, I'd be surprised, too, if I were you." I said ironically. "No offense, okay?"

"Don't worry. Applejack can really be a pain in the ass sometimes, I know that." Mac replied with a chuckle.

"I'm glad we agree on that." I took a sip of cider. "Hey, good stuff!"

"Hey, what's going on over there?" Shining pointed to the gathering of stallions near the table.

"I don't know, but it looks like fun. I think it's worth checking out." I said, and got up from the couch. "You two coming?"

"Sure." Mac and Shining also got up from the couch.

When the three of us approached the crowd, it turned out that an armwrestling contest had begun. Or should I say, hoofwrestling? The stallions I didn't know had already begun to test each other's strength. A few seconds later, one of the stallions lost, and the other let out a victory cry.

"Yeah, baby! Who's next?" the stallion glanced around the crowd. "Hey, you! Vlad, right? What do you say? I've been wanting to test how strong humans are for a long time."

(Fucking hell, yet again I forgot that I really stand out from the crowd like a sore thumb!)

"Well, I don't know if I should-" but I couldn't finish as the crowd started cheering for me.

"Come on, buddy, show him some strength!" Mac started pushing me forward.

"Okay, okay, I guess it can't hurt..." I sat down facing that stallion.

"Come on, I'll go easy on you." The stallion grinned.

(He's so tough huh? I'll show him.)

"There's no need for that, pal. I'll beat you anyway." I said with a steady smile.

"Oh-ho! Let's check it out!" the stallion put his hoof on the table.

"Can't wait!" now I put my hand on the table and we grasped each other with a deadly grip.

Suddenly, Spike showed up.

"Here we go! Three, two, one! Go!" Spike shouted.

And our battle has begun. He was strong, but I wasn't far behind. We both tried very hard to win, and there were even drops of sweat on our foreheads.

"And you... not bad... Not at all... Not bad..." the stallion said through gritted teeth.

"Y-yes... You too..." I tried my best.

Our standoff continued for some time, and finally the advantage began to shift to my side.

"N-no! I can't... Lose!" the stallion began to panic.

And that was his fatal mistake. I took advantage of his panic and finally pressed his hoof against my side of the table.

"NOOOO!" the stallion shouted.

"YEAH!" I shouted.

"What a battle! What emotion! Vlad won!" said Spike. "Give me the medal, mate."

Only now I noticed that this stallion had a medal hanging on his neck.

"GRH. Take it." He was clearly unhappy with his loss.

Spike took the medal and put it around my neck.

"You'll have that medal until someone beats you. If you can hold on to it until the end of the competition, it's yours!" Spike was delighted with my victory.

"Sounds like a challenge! I'm in!" I said confidently. "Let's have the next opponent!"

And so it began. I don't know how, but I managed to beat a few more stallions and made it to the finals.

"Oh yes! I'm unbeatable!" I exclaimed after another victory.

"Don't be so positive... The next opponent will be a real challenge for you." the stallion I defeated at the beginning told me.

"Hey Bulk! Come here, it's your turn!" shouted Spike.

"Huh?..." I had a bad feeling about that.

And my bad feeling was confirmed when I saw the muscular pegasus who had let me into the party approaching me.

"Good luck..." Mac patted me on the shoulder.

(No. Just fucking no.)

The muscular pegasus sat across from me and prepared for the final battle. There was confidence in his eyes.

"You know... I was thinking..." I took the medal off and handed it to him. "I think it's yours. You deserve it." I said with a nervous smile.

Pegasus wasted no time taking the medal and hanging it around his neck.

"'YEAH!" he yelled so hard that my ears began to ring.

All attention instantly went to him. Everyone congratulated him on his victory, and I was no exception. I was also glad he didn't break my arm...

"It's all good, knowing your limits is decent too." Mac encouraged me.

"Yeah, you're right..." I smiled slightly.