• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 1,638 Views, 71 Comments

Equestrian reformation - Vladilen_pro

  • ...
9
 71
 1,638

New job

"He fell asleep after... He helped me a little, for which I am very grateful to him!"

(Wh... What? This... This is Rarity talking?...)

At the moment, my brain was processing even one sentence with difficulty, and my eyes were still closed.

"Is that what happened? I see. Anyway, thanks for telling me where he was."

(And this... The voice of Celestia?)

"Always happy to help, Your Highness!"

My brain was starting to wake up.

"Say hi to Twilight and all your friends when you get back to Ponyville tomorrow!"

(Even Luna is here? What the fuck is going on?)

"Absolutely, Princess Luna." Rarity said happily.

"It's time for us to return to the castle. Goodbye, Rarity. Good night." Celestia said in a whisper.

Only now I noticed that they had been whispering all this time.

(Why are they whispering?... Okay, it doesn't matter, as long as they leave as soon as possible and I can continue to sleep. By the way, I don't remember that the sofa next to the coffee table had such a fluffy and soft coating ...)

I moved a little, taking a more comfortable position.

(Maybe when you're tired, any surface feels cozy?...)

I heard the quiet laughter of three mares.

(What are they laughing at?)

"Good night to you too, Princess Celestia and Luna." Rarity said, after which the sound of the door closing was heard.

(Well, finally... By the way, the shape of the sofa is also kind of strange... As if the sides of it were sawn off...)

But suddenly, the sofa started moving.

(Excuse me, what? Am I crazy? A walking sofa? Well, for sure, these movements can't be anything other than walking.)

"Tia, are you sure this was necessary? He could probably go back to the castle himself in the morning." asked Luna.

"Come on, Luna. We help Vlad, and we also do sports! Well, at least I definitely do sports, but I don't know about you..." Celestia said with a little laugh.

(Oh shit... I hope when I open my eyes, I won't see what I'm thinking about...)

But when I opened my eyes, I was finally convinced of what was happening. Here I am, lying on top of Celestia, with my right arm lightly around her neck. My head was turned away from Luna, so no one saw that I opened my eyes.

(Seriously? Is this really happening? I feel strange... It's better not to let them know that I'm awake to avoid awkward situations...)

"Do you think we can't bear his weight on us?" Luna said with a slight resentment in her voice.

All this time I didn't listen to what the two sisters were talking about, and only now my ears caught their voices again.

"I don't know, Luna... Do you want to check it out?" Celestia said, teasing her sister.

"Yes, we want to check it out! Give him to us!" said Luna confidently.

"As you wish!" Celestia said happily.

I felt myself starting to rise into the air, noticing a yellow magical aura around me.

(Yes, I'm just a toy, you can do whatever you want with me...)

Sarcastically speaking in my mind, I closed my eyes so that the princesses would not know that I was awake.

After a couple of seconds, I felt that I was now lying on Luna. She wasn't as fluffy and comfortable as Celestia. Also, she was smaller than Celestia, and it wasn't very comfortable for me to lie on her.

"How are you, Luna? Can you go on?" Celestia asked with the same little laugh.

I felt some kind of shaking in different directions. It looked like Luna's legs were shaking from my weight.

"Okay, okay, we got it, Tia, please take him away, we're going to fall!" begged Luna.

(Looks like you got what you wanted, Luna? Still want me to show you how humans ride horses?)

"Of course, Sister, I'll help you now!" said Celestia sarcastically.

Celestia lifted me into the air again, putting me on top of her.

"How do you do it, Tia?! We couldn't even take a step while Vlad was lying on us..." said Luna with fatigue.

"That's what big sisters are for, isn't it?" Celestia encouraged Luna.

"But it feels like you don't feel any extra weight at all and you walk as if Vlad isn't lying on your back right now!" Luna was surprised.

"Well, actually, I feel an extra load on me, and without it I would go faster." admitted Celestia.

(Come on, I'm not that heavy!)

"By the way, Tia... We wanted to ask..."

"What's the matter, Luna?"

"We noticed that all the ponies that went to the human world have returned. We have seen how over the past few days, ponies have been returning to Equestria in crowds... Did something happen?..." Luna asked anxiously.

(So I wasn't the only one who noticed it!)

Celestia didn't answer Luna's question right away. It took her about 30 seconds before she answered.

"It's okay, Luna. Everything is under control, don't worry." Celestia said seriously.

"Tia, are you sure? You can tell us everything, we're sisters! Sisters always support each other."

"I'm... I'm sure. It's all good." said Celestia, in whose voice I caught a note of uncertainty.

(Celestia is hiding something... Apparently, this is exactly what Celestia asked Twilight not to tell me? Interesting... Obviously, all these ponies had a reason for coming back, but what is it? I won't believe they all suddenly missed Equestria and decided to come back.)

"Okay sister, we believe you... If you say there's nothing to worry about..." said Luna, cheering up.

The sisters didn't say a word the rest of the way to the castle. There seems to be a little tension between them.

"I'll take Vlad to his room, Luna. You can go about your business." said Celestia, and as I understood, at this time climbing the stairs.

"All right, Tia! Good night! Just be sure that you will take him to the moon room!" Luna clarified.

"Of course, Luna, I remember that. I'll do everything properly!" Celestia said jokingly.

When Celestia came to the room, I flew into the air again for a couple of seconds, and then I felt a soft bed under me.

(Celestia is certainly quite comfortable, but this bed is a little better.)

After about a minute, I still didn't dare to move, because I didn't understand if Celestia had left the room or not.

(Is she just standing there looking at me? I didn't hear the sound of the door closing, nor the sound of hooves... Nothing at all! What is she waiting for?)

Just as I was thinking about it, I heard the sound of the door opening.

(Finally, I thought you'd be watching me all night and...)

"Princess, are you here?" there was a whisper that I recognized as Twilight.

(Twilight?! What is she doing here?)

"Just in time, Twilight. Come on, we don't have much time." whispered Celestia.

I finally heard the sound of the door closing and opened my eyes. There really was no one in the room. And I was really in the moon room.

(Okay, what the hell is going on here? What is Twilight doing here? I need to find out.)

I went quietly to the door and put my ear to it, listening. I heard the sound of hooves clattering away and conversations that I could no longer make out because of the distance.

(I don't know where they went, but I'm sure Twilight wouldn't come to Canterlot in the middle of the night for no reason.)

I quietly opened the door and went out into the corridor, closing it behind me.

(It's a good thing Celestia didn't put guards on me this time.)

I went in the direction in which I had last heard the sounds of hooves clattering. Pretty quickly I managed to catch up with Celestia and Twilight. I tried to stay in the shadows and waited for them to go around the next corner to move on.

"How did you manage to convince them to just talk? Without any accusations of invasion, aggression and so on?" Twilight asked, sounding alarmed.

"I'm not sure myself, actually. At one point they just agreed to it." Celestia said emotionlessly.

"And what about the ponies that were in the human world? Are they all back in Equestria?" Twilight asked anxiously.

"Yes, all of them. I personally checked it. We even had an agreement that all returning ponies would be given additional support."

"And what is this additional support? What are the advantages?" Twilight asked.

"Additional protection from soldiers, providing food on the way to the portal, and so on."

(What the fuck?! Soldiers?! What happened on Earth?! Have humans declared war on ponies?! I don't understand!)

"Do you think we can come to an agreement now?" asked Twilight hopefully.

I was still eavesdropping on their conversations when I suddenly noticed movement towards the opposite wall.

(What the...? Is that Luna? What is she doing here?)

She noticed me too, and at the risk of being spotted, I ran to the side where Luna was.

"What are you doing here?" I began to whisper.

"We're spying on Tia and Twilight. What are you doing here?" Luna whispered back.

"I'm doing the same thing. Did you hear what they were saying?! Soldiers, support..." I shared my surprise.

"Yes, we heard that. And we can't figure out what's going on! The war? Or something even worse?!"
Luna was as surprised as I was.

"Celestia doesn't tell you much, does she?"

"That's right. And it annoys us! Why is Tia telling everything to her student, but not to her sister?! Absurd!" Luna said in a slightly evil tone.

While we were talking, we didn't notice how we followed Celestia and Twilight all the way to the portal room.

"Are they going to enter the portal now? But... I thought only humans and Earth ponies could pass through it???" I turned to Luna.

"We thought so too! Did Tia lie?" Luna was surprised.

Celestia turned on the portal in the same way as Luna did yesterday.

"Are you ready, Twilight?" asked Celestia seriously.

"I don't know... It feels like I'm not ready..." Twilight said with a tremor in her voice.

"It's okay. I feel exactly the same." Celestia encouraged Twilight.

"Thank you, Princess. Now we can go." Twilight said more confidently.

"Good. I'll go through the portal first. You come through in ten seconds." said Celestia and headed for the portal, disappearing in it.

Twilight entered the portal exactly ten seconds later. Luna and I stared at the empty portal room for a while.

"Okay... Now we know that anyone can pass through the portal. But why did Celestia lie about it?" I said with surprise.

"We have no idea. But she wouldn't do that for no reason."

(No shit, Sherlock!)

"They will have some negotiations there... But about what?" I couldn't figure it out.

"It looks like this is the maxim amount of information that we can find out now." the Princess of the night said sadly.

"Yes, it looks like it... But what did we learn in the end? Pony support on the way to the portal, military, negotiations... This is clearly not good." I said with a little fear.

"I hope that Tia and Twilight will be able to do something useful in the negotiations..." Luna said hopefully.

"I don't think we should talk to Celestia or Twilight about what we've heard and seen yet. It's worth waiting a bit. What do you say?" I asked Luna.

"We think so too." Luna said confidently.

"Great." I was delighted. "Okay, I'm going to bed, I have to go to Celestia tomorrow morning, she'll tell me what I'm going to do tomorrow."

"She told us she found you a job." Luna said in a teasing tone.

"Is she sending me to work?" I said in surprise. "What, has the royal treasury been emptied?" I said laughing, taking revenge on Luna.

"Well, after Tia gave you the money... It's quite possible." Luna said, smiling slyly.

(Ah, so that's how it is, huh? I didn't want to say this, but Luna leaves me no choice.)

"You know what else is quite possible?" I said, trying to hold back a laugh. "It's quite possible that you need to work out, judging by the fact that you couldn't handle my weight!" I said, starting to laugh.

"What...? How do you know...?" mumbled Luna in surprise. "Were you pretending to be asleep at this moment?"

"Exactly. I must say, your sister is pretty soft and fluffy." I said, still chuckling a little. "So, do you still want me to show you how humans ride horses?" I asked, heading toward Luna.

"No, thank you!" said Luna, laughing, and flew up to the ceiling so I couldn't reach her.

"That's better!" I said satisfied. "I'm off to bed. See you later."

"Don't think you can get away with it!" said Luna from above, with a wicked smile. "We'll visit you in your sleep!"

"Waiting for you!" I said with an evil scientist's laugh. "You'll be sorry you decided to invade my dream!"

When I finally reached my room, I felt my legs soften like noodles and my brain desperately begged for sleep.

(I need to set my alarm so I don't oversleep my visit to Celestia in the morning.)

When I had done everything I needed to do, I finally collapsed blissfully onto the bed, feeling that it wouldn't take long to sink into sleep.

(Well, Luna, come on! I'm ready for anything!)

***

As it should be, the alarm clock woke me up in the morning. I slept well, and even Luna couldn't bother me too much.

(Lucky Luna... She can learn so many new things from my dreams! I wonder if Celestia can visit dreams too?)

After washing my face and dressing, I felt full of energy for the day. Well, or at least I felt better than I had yesterday, when Rarity had tired me out by giving me the "Rare Opportunity".

(Well, Celestia, tell me what kind of job you have for me...)

After packing everything I needed in my backpack, I left the moon room and made my way to Celestia's room. I had already memorized the location of the princesses' rooms very well, and I had no trouble getting to the right place. I went to the door and knocked.

"Come in, it's open!" came Celestia's voice from behind the door.

Accepting the invitation, I went inside. Once inside, I found Celestia signing some papers.

"Good morning, Princess. How did you sleep?" I asked as politely as possible.

"That's so nice of you, thank you for taking an interest! I slept very well all night, I didn't even wake up once." Celestia said convincingly.

(Why do you keep lying? What is going on?)

"What's the plan for today?" I asked seriously.

"Straight to the point, huh? I like that." Celestia said cheerfully. "I thought it would be inconvenient for you to fly from Canterlot to Ponyville all the time, so I decided... To get you a job at the Sweet Apple Acres! You'll be able to make friends with Mac, and you'll make money at the same time! Isn't that a good thing? Ask Mac when you get to Ponyville, he'll explain everything to you."

I wasn't surprised at all, because from the moment Luna told me about the job, I began to guess what it would be. And I was right.

"I know, you must have thought about where you're going to live? I'll give you some more bits to rent a house with. To do this, you have to go to the town hall and find the mayor. She's in charge of that. And If you will ever don't have enough money, go over to Twilight's and send me a letter from her and I'll send you some more bits."

"Okay, got it. Good plan, maybe it'll get me home faster." I said without emotion. "When am I going to Ponyville?"

"About that... You'll have to get there by train, since all the carriages are taken." Celestia said with an awkward smile.

"It's okay. Yesterday I saw a Canterlot train, and I wanted to ride it," I pretended to be excited.

"Wonderful! Here you go, it's a train ticket, it leaves in an hour." said Celestia, giving me the train ticket with magic.

"Okay, thank you." I said, putting the ticket in my pocket. "Anything else I need to know?"

It seemed to me that Celestia wanted to say something else, but did not dare.

(What was that, Celestia? Is there something you want to tell me?)

"I think I've said all you need to know. Good luck on your trip!" said Celestia cheerfully.

I answered nothing and only nodded, then walked out of Celestia's room, closing the door behind me.

(Lying princess... I'll find out the truth sooner or later.)

Putting my gloomy thoughts aside, I hurried out into the street. I might have had a whole hour, but I didn't want to run to the train station at the last minute. But as I approached the castle exit, I saw Cadence and Shining Armor approaching the stairs.

(What are they doing here?)

"Honey, are you sure about this? I thought..." Cadence didnt finished as she saw me. "Vlad, hi! I didn't expect to see you here."

"Hello! Let me guess, did Celestia send you somewhere?" asked Shining Armor cheerfully, holding out his hoof to me.

"Yes, you're right. I'm going to Ponyville, to work there at that apple farm." I said during the hand-hoof shake. "And what are you doing here?"

"We don't know ourselves yet, really. Celestia asked us to come to Canterlot today to tell us something important." Cadence answered my question.

(So she decided to tell Cadence and Shining about it? What is she up to? This is starting to worry me more and more...)

"Okay, good luck with that. I have to hurry or I might miss my train." I said as I walked around the married couple and down the stairs.

"Bye!" they said together.

As I stepped outside, I took an even deeper breath than yesterday. It was starting to become a habit.

(Maybe being away from Canterlot will allow me to relax and not think about Celestia's plans...?)

As I stepped away from the castle, I heard the whistle of a train departing from Canterlot station.

(Looks like my train is next. Good thing I still have 40 minutes.)

As I walked slowly to the train station, I remembered my night spying on Twilight and Celestia.

(How did their negotiations go? Did they come to an agreement? Could this be what Celestia was going to tell Cadence and Shining?)

I sighed in frustration.

(I wish I could get answers, not more questions...)

In about 10 minutes I was already at the train station. There were a lot of ponies here, as usual. I even made up a game for myself - find all the ponies I knew.

(This mare was my neighbor... With this stallion I often met in the gym... And this stallion worked at the car service where I once brought my car...)

Thanks to this game, time went by faster.

(Holy crap, it looks like all the ponies have really come back to Equestria from Earth. And I mean, ALL of them...)

After gawking a bit more at the crowd of ponies waiting for the train, I could make out the mare who was delivering my mail with regular delays.

(Wow, she's here, too? I should say hi.)

It didn't take me long to approach her. When she noticed me, she smiled at me.

"Hello, Miss Deli. I didn't expect to see you here." I said in a friendly way.

"Oh, hello Vlad, it's good to see you. I'm not too late at last, am I?" the mail mare jokingly replied.

"I guess you're not too late this time. You're going to Ponyville, too, aren't you? My train will be here any minute." I decided to clarify.

"Yeah, I'm going to Ponyville right now, too. Today was my day off, so I decided to go to Canterlot, since I haven't been here in a while." said Deli cheerfully.

"Cool. Your job must be pretty exhausting?"

"Well, after all these years in the post office. I'm used to it by now... But it was hard at the beginning, of course, but how else could it be?"

(Wait... Maybe I can ask her what happened on Earth?...)

"By the way, Deli... I've noticed that many ponies have returned to Equestria, and you are no exception. Will you tell me why this is happening?" I asked seriously.

I noticed the mail mare's face change dramatically. There was nothing left of the sincere smile. She was startled by my question.

"Well, you know, it's no big deal... It's just..." she didn't finish as the train whistle blew. It came into the station. "Wow, look, there's a train! Finally! I've got to hurry or I'll be late! It's a pity we have different train car... See you later!" said Deli with an awkward smile and ran off.

(So Celestia told all the returning ponies... Not to tell me what happened on Earth? Dirty move, princess of lies, dirty move...)

After thinking about it some more, I went to the ticket-checker. He quickly checked my ticket and let me in. I got a seat by the window.

(At least that's some good news for today...)

Ten minutes later, the train started moving. Through the window, I could see Canterlot moving away from me.

"Drinks, snacks!" came a loud voice.

There was a snack vendor walking around the train. I decided to buy a cherry soda.

"Here you go, buddy! Two cherry sodas."

"Yeah, thanks." I said, handing him a couple of bits.

After a successful sale, he moved on, also alerting other passengers about his products.

(Yeah yeah, go annoy the others.)

***

"The train has arrived in Ponyville! I repeat, the train has arrived in Ponyville!"

The voice from the loudspeaker woke me up, and I straightened up, rubbing my eyes.

(Falling asleep on a trip is like skipping it in a videogame! In both cases, you move immediately to your destination).

When I got off the train, I saw Deli running toward Ponyville.

(She seemed to think I was going to ask her again about her reasons for returning to Equestria...)

Walking out of the train station, I entered Ponyville. As usual, several ponies waved at me, smiling.

(Ponyville is definitely friendlier than Canterlot.)

Remembering that I had to rent a house and therefore come to the town hall, I asked a passing mare for directions. She explained everything to me clearly and I thanked her, walking away in the direction of the town hall.

(I'm glad I don't have to live on an apple farm...)

Finding the town hall, I went inside. The mayor's office wasn't hard to find, as there was a long line of ponies. I took a place in line and took a seat on one of the couches in the town hall. It was soft and comfortable.

(In Equestria, they really know how to make the wait comfortable...)

While I waited, I watched what was going on. The most interesting thing was that the cops came into the town hall.

(Wow, there are cops in Equestria? I thought everyone here so friendly that they didn't need cops, haha...)

It turned out that they were from Manehattan, and they had some business to take care of with the Mayor. They were let through without waiting in line.

(Come on, really? Think l can add a few more hours to the waiting time...)

Two cops stayed outside the office, 1 mare and 1 stallion. I was interested in their police uniforms, so I looked at them. Eventually, the cop mare noticed it and looked back at me. I was a little confused, and looked away. But then I heard the sound of hooves clattering in my direction.

(Oh shit.)

"Hello. Officer May." said the mare, showing me her police ID. "I ask you to follow me."

(Fuck, that's the last thing I needed today!)

As I followed the cop outside, I was already mentally sitting behind bars. But... What for?

(Is it really forbidden to look at cops in Equestria? I should have read the laws of Equestria...)

"Oh, relax... You didn't break the law, I just decided to go out for some air, and I invited you along. It's true, a little formal, but you don't mind, do you?" the mare asked, pulling out a cigarette from one of the pockets of her police uniform.

I felt like a mountain had been lifted off my shoulders.

"Yeah, to be honest, I was pretty scared. You got me good..." I said in a trembling voice.

"Don't be afraid... And enjoy this clean air of Equestria, boy. They say it's not as clean on Earth." said the cop pony, giving me a cigarette. "You smoke?"

"Well... You could put it this way." I said, taking a cigarette.

A lighter flew up to my cigarette, enveloped in a magical aura, and lit it up. I haven't smoked cigarettes for a long time, as I was quite happy with a vape.

(We all eventually come back to where we started...)

"So why are you here?" I asked, exhaling cigarette smoke.

"Our boss wants to negotiate with the mayor of Ponyville to build a police station here. There have been several crimes here in the last year. But the important thing is that before, there wasn't any in this little town at all, can you imagine? Not like..." the mare paused to take a puff. "Not like Manehattan. The town I was born in and work in is full of crime."

"And what crimes are going on there?" I asked out of sheer curiosity.

"Well, you know... Robberies, murders, illegal trades and all that. That's all I can tell to a civilian. Police business, you know?"

"Yes yes, of course. I understand."

"Okay, now it's my turn. Think of it as an interrogation." said the mare, laughing. "What are you here for?"

"Celestia gave me money to rent a house in Ponyville. She said I had to go to the Mayor for that." I said, taking another puff. "And then I'll work at the apple farm to make friends with the one who almost killed me." Having said that, I laughed a little. "And no, this stallion isn't bad at all, in fact he is a nice guy... But his sister... That's who I'm really afraid of."

"Applejack? Yeah, that mare really does have some balls, even though she is a mare. You be careful with her." Officer May said with a smile.

"Yes, I know that from my own experience..." I said, putting out my cigarette and throwing it into the trash can.

"May, the boss is almost done, get your ass over here!" came a voice from the town hall.

"That's my partner. I gotta go." Officer May said, also putting out and throwing out her cigarette. "It was nice talking to you."

"Likewise. Good luck at work." I said sincerely.

"Thank you." May was about to leave, but she turned to me. "Hey, we can get you to the Mayor after boss, what do you say?"

The perspective of skipping the wait really appealed to me, so I agreed.

"Great, then follow me."

When we got to the Mayor's office, boss of officer May had just come out.

"Hey, boss. My buddy needs to get to the Mayor right away, can you arrange that?" asked May confidently.

"Yes yes, of course. Let him pass. We have to hurry." said the police boss without even looking at me.

As I walked into the office, I turned around and May winked at me. I gave her a thumbs up, thanking her.

"So, who do we have here? Is this the human who came to Equestria to reform?" asked the Mayor as soon as I entered her office.

"Hello. Yes, that description fits me, but to make it easier, my name is Vlad. Nice to meet you." I said, taking a seat in the chair across from the Mayor's desk.

"Well, Vlad, what brings you here?"

"Celestia sent me to you. She said you would help me rent a house in Ponyville." I said, placing on the table the bag of bits that Celestia had given me.

"Princess Celestia sent you? Then it can't be delayed!" said the Mayor and gave me some kind of map in a hurry.

"What is that?"

"Map of Ponyville. Here, look..." said the Mayor, pointing to the houses marked on the map. "All of these houses are available for rent. Each one has its own markings, which you can see on this document..." I got another piece of paper. "It says the rental price, the size of the house, and so on. Pick one, and then I'll send you to our realtor and he'll do the rest."

I started looking at the map carefully, figuring out which house would suit me best. The price of renting houses on the outskirts of the city was lesser than in the center or close to it.

(So, in this aspect, Equestria is not much different from Earth...)

As I studied the map some more, I noticed that there was one unoccupied house next to Mac's farm. And the rent price was reasonable.

"I want to rent this house," I said, pointing to the house I had chosen.

"Good choice!" said the Mayor cheerfully. "Now go to a realtor. His office is number 69, right down the hall and to the right. Good luck settling into your new home!"

"Thank you. It was a pleasure doing business with you." I said as I left the office.

As soon as I left the Mayor's office, another pony came in right after me.

(How lucky I was to meet Officer May... Without her help, I had to wait at least a few more hours...)

I was glad when I saw that there was no one outside the realtor's office.

(At least here I won't have to wait...)

When I entered the office, I saw a brown stallion with a gray mane and glasses. He was writing something.

"Hi. Are you a realtor? The mayor sent me to you to rent a house." I said, taking a seat.

The elderly stallion finally took his eyes off the papers and turned to me.

"Yes, I'm a realtor. You're just in time, I have a shortened day today, so let's get this over with." said the realtor and pulled out the exact replica of map the Mayor had given me. "Which house do you want to rent?"

"That one, sir." I said, pointing for the second time to the house of my choice.

"Okay. Give me the money and sign these documents."

I gave the realtor the bag of bits and started signing a whole ton of paperwork. It took me at least 20 minutes. When I was done, the stallion gave me the keys to the house and the remaining bits.

"Payment is made once a month. To pay your rent, come to my office on the first day of the month. Is that clear?" the stallion asked, putting the signed paperwork away in his desk drawer.

"Yes, thank you, I understand."

"Here's the address of the house. Good luck. And I'll start getting ready to go home, my wife and kids are waiting for me..." said the realtor, giving me a sheet of paper with the address of the rented house.

I said goodbye and left the office.

(Finally... Time to check my new home!)

With these thoughts in mind, I left the town hall, heading for the address. It didn't take long to get there. Once there, I put the key in the lock and opened the door. The house turned out to be two stories high.

(For that kind of rental price, it's just a mansion!)

I started walking around the house and assessing the situation. There was a kitchen on the first floor with all the necessary cutlery, and a living room with a comfortable-looking couch. On the second floor was a spacious bedroom and bathroom.

(Great, I like it here...)

I threw my backpack next to the bed and fell face-first onto it. It wasn't as comfortable as the one in Canterlot Castle, but it was fine, too.

(I still have to go to Mac's farm, and that's it for today...)

I got out of bed lazily and stretched myself. Remembering the couple of sodas I'd bought on the train, I decided to take them with me so I could give one to Mac when I meet him. When I left the house and closed the door behind me, I took the familiar road to the farm.

(Another encounter with Applejack... What could be better?)

With a joke in my head, I picked up my pace to get to my destination faster. Along the way, I admired the nature of Equestria.

"Well, here I am again. Gotta find Mac." I said to myself.

As I walked along the fence behind which were the apple trees, I did not hear the sound of apples falling into baskets. I heard nothing at all.

(It's too quiet... Is there anyone here?)

Just as I thought about it, I heard the clatter of hooves behind me, halting abruptly somewhere near me. When I turned around, I saw a little yellow filly with a light red mane and a light pink bow on her head. We stared at each other for a few seconds, and I decided to start talking first.

"Hi... You're Mac's sister, aren't you? It's good to see you. I'm Vlad." I said, walking over to her and leaning to her.

At first she continued to look at me with interest without answering me. But then she finally gave signs of life.

"Yes yes, I'm Apple Bloom, hi, I'm so glad to see you!" said the filly, standing up on her hind legs and hugging me.

(It's official. My heart melted...)