• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 1,639 Views, 71 Comments

Equestrian reformation - Vladilen_pro

  • ...
9
 71
 1,639

A rare opportunity

"Okay, now you know EVERYTHING about earth horses." I said, breathing a sigh of relief.

“That’s so interesting! Maybe we can make contact with them? We should tell our sister about this as soon as possible! She will be so…”

"Whoa whoa, slow down, Luna!" I said, interrupting the princess of the night.

"What is it, Vlad? It's not very polite to interrupt, you know!" Luna said with a slightly offended face.

I sighed and turned my gaze to the window, through which the sun was visible, the rays of which illuminated the room. I walked over to it and flung it open, leaning on the windowsill.

"Tia? Are you opposed to her learning about the wonderful horses from your world?" Luna said with a little surprise.

"You know... I attract a lot of attention as it is. And now imagine what would happen if all the ponies found out about this? I wouldn't even be allowed to take a step." I said without turning to Luna.

Luna didn't answer. But even without seeing her, I felt that she understood me.

"But that doesn't mean you can never tell Celestia the truth about earth horses."

"Really? But when would be the right time to tell her?" asked Luna, in whose voice I heard a mixture of surprise and joy.

"It's simple. When I leave Equestria, you can tell your sister whatever you want. But while I'm here... I ask you not to tell her anything. It will be our big secret. Do you agree?" I asked, still looking out the window.

"But... We don't know how long you'll be here! Maybe years? Or decades? And we really want to tell Tia everything right now..." Luna said upset.

"Come on... I'll get home a lot faster than you..."

And then it dawned on me.

"Listen, Luna... How about I go home a little early?" I asked with a sly smile, finally turning to Luna.

"What do you mean, Vlad?" Luna asked suspiciously.

"You can help me get home early. You know how to turn on the portal, right?" I said without further ado.

"What?... You're joking, aren't you? We almost believed it! Good joke, Vlad!" Luna laughed slightly.

"No. I'm quite serious. I'm offering you a deal. You turn on the portal and I go home and you tell Celestia everything. We'll both benefit from this!" I said, feeling like a businessman offering a profitable investment.

"But... Tia won't be happy about that... What if she sends me back... to... to..." Luna didn't finish, and I noticed the fear in her eyes.

(Is she afraid of her sister? I thought they were equal...)

Deep down, I knew that I might ruin her life with my plan. And I felt a little uneasy, realizing that I had not changed at all, I was still the same rude and arrogant guy, whom they are so diligently trying to reform.

(What am I doing? Is this really worth someone's welfare?)

But in the next second, I felt regrets go away, and a thirst for freedom seizes me. The life of a night princess was starting to become more and more unimportant for me. Every man for himself, and in order to survive, you must be cunning.

(After all, what will she do to her? Make her sit in her room? Or clean up the castle? I'm sure nothing terrible will happen.)

"Maybe... If I give you my phone... Will you agree to help me? Just imagine... It will be yours." I said, taking out my phone from my pocket and pointing my finger at it.

Luna looked unsure.

"I can give you all my gadgets... Just help me get home. I think your sister won't be so angry... Maybe Miss Claire and Celestia will find someone else to take my place." I said, holding out all my gadgets to Luna.

Luna sighed as she took the gadgets out of my hands with her magic and they disappeared in a slight flash.

"Follow me." Luna said, trying to hide her sadness under indifference.

"Thank you, thank you! I knew you could help me!" I said as we ran down the corridor to the portal room.

When we entered the portal room, I felt freedom so close that I could literally grab it.

"Turn on the portal, I'm ready!" I said as I approached the portal.

"Are you sure you want this?" Luna mumbled uncertainly.

"Of course! Please turn on the portal!" I said, feeling we didn't have much time.

Luna just sighed heavily as she looked at me, and then walked close to the portal.

(I'm almost home... Come on, hurry up!)

Luna leaned almost to the very floor, touching her horn to the gem located in the frame of the portal. When she did, it lit up with a purple glow.

(So that's how it turns on?)

Luna did this with all the gems in turn, and when she touched the last one with her horn, sparkles ran through the portal, and I realized that it turned on.

(I can't believe... I can go home...)

I was about to enter the portal, but... I suddenly felt like a complete asshole. My legs became very heavy, not allowing me to take a step.

"What the fuck am I doing? Running away from my problems like a coward? I really can't stand the trials that life gives me? Am I really that pathetic?" I said to myself, feeling my eyes get wet.

I fell to my knees, trying to hold back my tears.

"Vlad? Are you crying? What's the matter? Come into the portal, hurry!" Luna said as she touched my shoulder.

"No. I can't do that. I can't run from my problems forever. I have to solve them." I said getting up from my knees. "Forgive me, Luna. I shouldn't have brought you into this... I..."

"LUNA! Are you there? Luna!" came a voice from the hallway that belonged to none other than Celestia.

Luna and I shared a look of horror. This is the end for both of us.

"Luna, are you in the portal room? What are you doing there? I'm coming!" Celestia said, her voice getting closer and closer.

Sensing danger, my brain suggested the most obvious option: hide. Finding no better place, I stood behind the portal, hoping Luna would find an excuse. As soon as I managed to hide behind the portal, I heard the door to the room open.

"Luna, what are you doing here? And why is the portal on?" Celestia said suspiciously.

"Tia! We're so glad to see you again! It seems like years have passed since we last met..."

"What? We saw each other at lunch today..." Celestia said with even more suspicion.

I made a silent facepalm.

(We are dead.)

"Well, we... We've been practicing turning on the portal! It's never too late to learn something, right?"

Celestia was silent for a couple of seconds, and as I understood, she assessed the situation.

"Hmm... Well done, Luna! Maybe one day I can trust you to control the sun? I like that you're trying to help me." said Celestia, the suspicion gone from her voice.

"Thank you sister, we are doing our best!" Luna said, and there is still a slight tremor in her voice. "So you wanted something, Tia?"

"Ah, yes, I wanted to ask... I found your moon pie in the kitchen, and I wanted to drink tea with it, since I didn't have anything sweet left, and I really don't want to go to the store on my day off..."

(Why don't you just order someone to go shopping? You're a princess!)

"Yes, of course, Tia! You can take it! Anything for our beloved sister."

"Hmm..." Celestia's suspicion hung in the air again.

"We mean... Grab our pie before we change our mind!" Luna said firmly.

"Thanks! Don't forget to turn off the portal." Celestia said happily and I heard the sound of teleportation accompanied by a flash.

(It was very close...)

I breathed a sigh of relief. My legs went weak and I sat down on the floor, sliding my back along the back wall of the portal.

"I almost killed the two of us, didn't I?..." I said with a bit of irony.

Luna didn't answer. Instead, I heard the same sigh of relief.

"Why didn't you go through the portal?" Luna asked seriously.

I got up from the floor and went out to Luna, seeing that she was watching me carefully.

"I want to get better. I can't let you and everyone else down. If I can't change... Then what's the point of all this? First of all, I prove to myself that in life, in addition to being a rude asshole, there is also the bright side. The side where you can be the best version of yourself..." I said, feeling my greatest guilt.

Luna looked at me with a smile and tears in her eyes. She came up to me and hugged me with her wings.

"We knew you could change, we knew! We're so happy about it!" said Luna, still hugging me.

I felt warm inside of me. I felt like I wanted to change. Succumbing to feelings, I also hugged the princess of the night.

"I'll get through this, no matter how difficult it is. I promise." I said, feeling that I would cry now too.

"Humans are very sensitive, aren't they?" Luna asked.

"Not all. But if you know how to properly manage your emotions... This is the highest gift." I said, letting Luna out of my arms.

"We think it's worth celebrating with a new photo, what do you say?" Luna asked as she summoned my phone and lifted it into the air with her magic.

"Well, I don't know, I don't really like being photographed..." I began to make excuses.

"Oh, really? Too bad..." Luna said vaguely.

"Yeah..."

"Too bad that's not a question!" said Luna and started posing for a photo.

"Are you coming, or what?" Luna asked impatiently.

(Hmm... Perhaps l can make an exception to the rule once.)

"Well, okay, l can do it once. But no more." I said seriously.

I stood behind Luna, and tried to take a cool pose, but, as it seems to me, it didn't work out very well. And when Luna tried to hold back her laughter when viewing the resulting photo, I was convinced of this.

"That's why I don't like being photographed..." I said ironically.

"Come on, it turned out to be a good photo..." said Luna, still trying to hold back her laughter.

"Oh yeah? Then why are you laughing?" I asked skeptically.

"Well, you know... You stepped on our tail, and you're still standing on it." Luna said, and the laughter finally burst out of her.

"Wha..."

I looked down and really am standing on the tail of Luna. I quickly removed my foot, feeling awkward.

"I'm sorry... Somehow I didn't notice..." I tried to justify myself.

"Relax. We are not offended." Luna said, finishing laughing. "As we said, the photo turned out to be good."

"Well... Maybe."

"We think we should retake this photo." said Luna, looking at the photo taken a couple of minutes ago. "Maybe we could... Wait, look at the time! After all, today, instead of Tia, we answer the needs and questions of Equestria citizens! We'd better hurry to the throne room!"

"Oh... Well, good luck." I said, not expecting such a turn of events.

"Here, take your phone. And all the other stuff." Luna said, giving me the phone and teleporting all the other gadgets.

(Wow... I didn't expect to get my "equipment" back... Cool.)

"Thank you..." I said, and remembered something. "So what about our BIG secret? Can you hold it until I leave Equestria?" I asked hopefully. "In the end, our deal is kind of like... Failed."

"Of course we can! We know how to keep secrets, don't worry." Luna said with a smile. "And now, we really have to go. See you later!"

I barely had time to say goodbye when Luna teleported away, leaving behind a couple of dark blue sparks.

(Well... That was something...)

I was distracted by the sound of an alert about a small amount of phone power.

(It's good that I took powerbank... I don't think I've seen any power sockets anywhere.)

Having connected the phone to charging, I sat down on a sofa conveniently located in the corridor of the castle, and decided to see what the princesses were doing with my phone all this time. The first thing I did was go to the gallery of my phone.

(Tons of selfies featuring Luna. Not surprised. What else?)

I started scrolling through Luna's selfies, wanting to find something more interesting.

(And this is interesting...)

(Cool family photo... And what else is needed?)

I moved on to the next photo.

(AAAAWWWW... Cute!)

(And the knights crossed their swords... LOL!)

(What the fuck?...)

I felt a shiver run down my spine. Without another second's hesitation, I deleted this photo.

(I'll pretend that this never happened...)

The rest of the photos were similar, and I quickly scrolled through them, not finding anything else interesting. When I finished looking through the photos, I put the phone next to me and stretched pleasantly.

(I think I need to take a little walk. I don't want to sit still all day.)

Throwing all the gadgets into a backpack and taking it to the sunny room, I headed for the exit of the castle. Coming out of the castle, I saw the bustling life of Canterlot. A lot of ponies in fancy suits were hurrying about their business.

(Why does Ponyville seem so much more modern to me than Canterlot?)

Going further into the city, several ponies waved to me, and I did the same. While walking, I heard someone shouting advertising slogans.

"Read only the latest news in our newspaper! Equestria is waiting for a technological breakthrough! The study of human technology is in full swing! Read, read!"

As I got closer, I saw that a cream-colored colt with a brown mane was selling newspapers. A camera was attached to his neck. I decided to support him and buy a newspaper.

"Hi, one newspaper for me, please."

"Sure, mister, just a second," colt said without turning to me. "Here's your... wow."

(No, buddy, don't, please...)

"I didn't expect to see the one about whom we print the news... Glad to meet you, mister." colt said positively.

(Phew... Thank you, I don't need any extra attention.)

Colt still sold me a newspaper for 2 coins.

"Mister, I have a small request... Can I take a picture of you, please?" colt politely asked.

"Yes, of course, why not?" I said, and moved a little further away so that it was convenient to take pictures.

"Three, two, one..." colt counted out loud and this was followed by a camera flash.

"Thank you very much, mister! You are helping the newspaper to get better."

"Glad to help. Good luck, buddy, good sales to you!" I said and went on.

I was about to open the newspaper, but hunger reminded me of itself with a rumbling in my stomach.

(That's right, I haven't eaten anything since this morning! l need to fix this.)

Finding the nearest restaurant, I made my order and decided to take a table outside, since all the tables inside were occupied. Finally sitting down at the table and starting to wait for my order, I opened the newspaper and began to read the local news.

"Princess Celestia is studying human technology. Equestria has a bright future ahead." I read the headline out loud.

(These guys know how to write loud headlines.)

I continued reading the newspaper for a while, not noticing at all what was going on around me. That was until someone's voice distracted me.

"Excuse me, mister, we noticed that you have two empty seats here... And all the other tables are occupied... Can we please sit with you?"

"Yes, of course, I don't mind," I said, without lowering the newspaper.

"Thank you very much, you are a real gentleman! Sit here Bonnie, I'll go make an order." said the unknown mare.

At that moment, my order was finally brought to me, and I folded the newspaper to eat.

"Finally!" I was delighted, and my gaze fell on the pony sitting opposite me. She seemed familiar to me. She was looking at me with an expression of "Are you serious?".

"Listen, I think I've seen you before. But where?" I said as l started to eat.

"What are you doing here?! Run, quickly! Before she comes back!" a suspiciously familiar pony said in a panic.

"What? Run? Why?" I was surprised.

"Please run! It's for your own safety!" the mare assured me.

(Is she crazy? I don't know what she's talking about at all.)

"I'm sorry, but I'm not leaving until I finish eating. I gave you two seats, what's the problem?" I was still perplexed.

While talking to this strange mare, I accidentally pushed a newspaper off the table and reached under the table for it. While I was under the table and trying to get a newspaper, that pony who had gone to make an order came back.

"Let's get out of here, Bonnie. There's nothing I want to eat here. We'll find another restaurant."

When I got out from under the table with the newspaper, this strange pony and her friend were gone.

(What was wrong with her? I hope we won't meet again...)

For the next thirty minutes, I enjoyed my late lunch and read interesting articles from the newspaper I bought.

(Is there no bad news in Equestria at all?...)

When I finished eating, I paid for my order and tipped the waiter.

(Your money is going to a good cause, Celestia!)

After walking a little away from this restaurant, I heard the train whistle.

(Wait, what? Is there a train station here?)

It became interesting to me, and I went in the direction in which the train noise was increasing, and in the end I really went to the Canterlot train station.

(Wow, it's beautiful here...)

Just by the time I got here, a train arrived at the station, and ponies began to get out of it. There were a lot of them and I didn't see anyone I knew. Up to a certain point.

(Is this... What's her name? One of Twilight's friends... Rarity, was it?)

Rarity got off the train, and noticed me pretty quickly, which, as I understood, she was happy about.

"Vlad, I'm just looking for you! I thought you were in the castle and I would have to go there, but I was lucky and you were here! What are you doing here?"

"I just decided to take a walk. What are you doing here? And why were you looking for me?" I was surprised.

"Today you have a rare opportunity, darling!" Rarity said happily.

"A rare opportunity? What are you talking about?" I still didn't understand.

"Come on, I'll tell you everything on the way." Rarity said and hurried off, urging me to follow her.

Catching up with her, I asked for an explanation again.

"You see, I have a second boutique in Canterlot, and my assistant works there, but today she has a day off, and I decided to work there today instead of her. And then I remembered that you are now in Canterlot, and this will be a great moment to give you a rare opportunity..." she took a deep breath. " To become famous thanks to my new line of clothes for bipedal creatures!" Rarity blurted out, pausing to catch her breath.

Hearing this, my legs refused to walk and I stood up as if rooted to the spot.

"Do you like my idea? Don't worry, it won't take long, I just need to take your measurements to have an idea of what I want to do. Well, and maybe I'll take a couple of photos..." Rarity said positively.

(Sounds like another unnecessary attention... But how can I refuse? ...)

"Yes, of course, I agree. Lead the way."

Rarity let out an enthusiastic squeak and led me to her Canterlot boutique. On the way there, she told me that the clothes she wants to make will be worn with pleasure by small dragons and minotaurs.

(Do they really need clothes?)

When we arrived, Rarity opened the door, inviting me to go inside. There was already a small crowd of ponies waiting at the entrance for the boutique to open.

(It looks like it will also be a fashion show...)

"Darling, please sit here and read the magazines for now. I need to help a few ponies decide on a choice." Rarity said and pointed to a soft sofa with a coffee table next to it, on which those magazines were lying.

"Okay, I'll wait here." I said, and sat down on the sofa, starting to read one of the magazines.

All the magazines were exclusively about fashion, which is not surprising. They didn't interest me at all.

(They're so boring... Probably looking at how the paint dries would be more interesting...)

While Rarity was helping her clients, I even managed to fall asleep once and go outside to get some fresh air. When she finally finished with the clients, I almost fell asleep for the second time.

"I'm sorry, Vlad, I've been busy a little longer than I planned... Now we can finally start bringing my idea to life!" said Rarity happily.

"Cool. What do I need to do?" I asked, having no idea.

"Please step up to this podium. I'm going to take your measurements now." Rarity said and pointed to the place where I had to stand.

I did everything as Rarity said. Without wasting much time, she began to measure me from all sides. It took quite a long
time, because after each measurement, Rarity wrote everything down in a notebook.

(I thought you said it wouldn't take long?)

During the time I was in the Rarity boutique, it was already slowly getting dark on the street. All the visitors have long since left, and no new ones are coming.

"Done!" said Rarity, putting down her notebook and pencil.

"Hurrah..." I said in a tired voice.

"But... I would be very grateful if you would stay a little longer..." Rarity asked me hopefully. "I need to sew a rough sample of clothes on you... I can pay you if it's too much for you!"

(My kindness will kill me one day...)

"Yes, yes, anything for such a beautiful lady..." I tried to joke.

Rarity just waved her hoof and laughed shyly. The next few hours seemed like an eternity. Rarity asked me to raise my hands to sew under them, or to hold a certain section of the sewn material. When she finally finished, I felt exhausted and helpless.

"Now I'll take some photos, and you can go. Rarity said, taking out a camera from a chest next to her. This camera was similar to the one I saw on a colt selling newspapers. Apparently, they were the same model.

A couple of bright and fast flashes and my modeling job was over for today. Rarity helped me take off what she had sewn.

"Thank you, you helped me a lot! Here, you deserve it!" said Rarity, handing me a bag of coins.

"Thank you... I said, sitting down on the sofa. "You're closing up already, aren't you? I have to go back to the castle, but I'll sit here for a while, do you mind?"

"It's okay, stay here as long as you need. I just wanted to drink tea, will you keep me company?" Rarity asked as she left for the boutique's living quarters.

"Yes, yes... No problem..." I said, feeling everything getting darker.

"Okay, I'll be right back!" Rarity's voice came muffled to me from behind the wall.

But the next moment, my eyelids became too heavy for me, and an alluring darkness took possession of me. I was no longer able to resist. I needed a rest.