• Published 25th Jun 2022
  • 1,640 Views, 71 Comments

Equestrian reformation - Vladilen_pro

  • ...
9
 71
 1,640

Coming home... Or is it?

This morning may have been the only time I was glad to hear the alarm clock. As soon as it went off, I opened my eyes and jumped out of bed.

"Today is the day!" I shouted with all my might.

"Sweet Celestia, can you keep it down?! You are not the only one living here!" I heard my neighbor's voice from nearby house.

(Oops... So apparently now there is at least one pony who is happy to see me go... Oh well.)

All the few things I had managed to take with me while Ms. Claire's agents were watching me, was packed in my backpack last night, so I had a little more time before I had to run to the Town Hall to give the keys to the mayor.

(My last morning coffee in this house... Even though I've only lived here for a short time, I've gotten used to this place...)

The coffee was running out just like my time here.

(It's time.)

After putting on my shoes and taking one last look around my temporary residence, I stepped outside. A few turns of the key in the lock and it was done.

(Time for a bit of a run. Hope I make it to Town Hall alive.... All right, here goes nothing.)

A few seconds, and I ran. I didn't run too fast, but I didn't run too slow either. I seemed to have found the perfect balance where I could get where I needed to go quickly without using up too much energy, because I still had to get back.

(Oh yeah, I totally forgot that I'm not flying to Canterlot alone..... I guess when I get back, Fluttershy will already be around my former residence.)

Along the way I met several ponies in sports outfits running at an easy jog.

(If only I also ran in the morning out of WILL and not out of necessity...)

After a few more minutes, I finally reached the Town Hall.

"Phew, maybe this jog will extend my life a bit, haha..." I was talking to myself.

"Oh, don't even doubt it."

"Oh, Mayor, you're already here.... Good morning." I started rummaging through my pocket for the key.

"Good morning to you, too. Glad you were able to put your plan into action." The mayor proceeded to open the main entrance of the Town Hall.

"Thank you. Here's the key, as promised." I handed her the key.

"Great." Mayor took the key. "As I said, it's been an honor to provide you with a place to stay in our small town. If you ever visit us again, you know where to find me."

"Not sure about that..." I gave an awkward chuckle. "But thanks anyway."

A short goodbye, and I'm running again. The carriage should be arriving any minute.

"Uh, hi..."

I came to an abrupt stop. The voice came from above me.

"Ah, Fluttershy. I expected to see you soon. How are you?" I spoke as the yellow pegasus lowered to my eye level.

"I'm fine, thank you.... Where are you running from? I thought you lived in another part of Ponyville..." Fluttershy was a little confused.

"I had one thing I needed to do in the morning. But it doesn't matter, we have a carriage to catch, it's about to arrive! Let's go!"

"Oh my, you're right!" Fluttershy flew next to me.

When we arrived, I saw that the carriage was already waiting for us.

"Looks like we're just in time!" I walked over to one of the royal guards who was about to knock on the door. "We're here! Whew..."

A shadow flew over me. I looked up and saw that it was another carriage, but couldn't see who was in it.

(It might be Twilight's carriage, but I'm not sure.)

"Sir, are you coming?"

While I was pondering who could have been in that carriage, Fluttershy had already gotten into the carriage and the royal guards expected me to do the same.

"Oh, I'm sorry... Today is a little exciting for me..." I tried to excuse myself. "Okay, everyone's on board, we're good to go."

(How many times have I flown to Canterlot and back already? Starting to get a little tedious.... Good thing this is the last time.)

"You look thoughtful today, Vlad..." Fluttershy distracted me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm just glad I'm finally coming home. I'm not saying it's horrible here, no.... It's just... You know, it's always better at home."

"Ah, of course, I see your point. I'm just glad you were able to visit us. I heard that if your program ends successfully, there will be other humans sent for the same purpose?" Fluttershy looked really interested.

"You know, I'm already getting so lost in all of this.... Ask Celestia, she'll answer your question for sure."

(All I know is that it's time for me to go home...)

"Oh, am I annoying you...?" Fluttershy sounded rather guilty.

"No, no, it's okay. It's just that I really don't know the exact answer to your question." I shrugged. "Celestia never told me any specific details, other than what applied to me personally while I'm here in Equestria."

"I see..." Fluttershy nodded. "Well, if more humans are going to be sent to Equestria to be reformed, you should be proud of yourself! You were a pathfinder and will technically help all those who come here after you."

"Hmm, I guess you can really look at it that way..." I chuckled a little. "But I don't like to be the center of attention, so Celestia can take all the fame for herself, I'll allow it."

Fluttershy just smiled in response to my attempt at a joke.

(And I REALLY don't want THAT kind of fame...)

The closer we got to Canterlot, the more excited I became, but I carefully hid my emotions. Soon we finally arrived, and the joy inside me burned like a fire.

"I'm so close..." I stared at Canterlot Castle like I was hypnotized.

"You are." Fluttershy flew up and patted my shoulder. "The others must be inside by now."

"I'm ready. Let's go." I walked confidently toward the main entrance of the castle.

Inside, as always, it was bustling and noisy. But it felt like today was different. Or not. Maybe I was just blinded by the euphoria. My state of mind was strange. And suddenly, a sense of unease settled inside me. I felt that everything was too good...

"Okay, let's make this quick." I took a quick pace and headed up the stairs.

"You look worried..." Fluttershy did notice it after all.

"It's fine, really." I lied.

"If you say so..."

Another minute and I stare at the door of the portal room. I can hear some chatter from inside. Wasting no more time, I swung the doors open and stepped inside the room. Everyone was there except Mac and Applejack.

"There he is!" Pinkie Pie nearly knocked me over, giving me a hug.

"Woah, thank you!" I hugged her back.

"So you're finally here. Congratulations!" Celestia walked over to me while Pinkie Pie still wouldn't let go of me.

"We are so happy to be here at such a grand moment!" Luna seemed more excited than I was myself.

"The big guy here?" Rainbow Dash peeked out from behind Celestia. "I'll be honest, you really disappointed me back then, but I'm still glad you're here now."

"Definitely! Darling, you've earned your way home!" Rarity was wearing some super fancy dress.

Twilight was hastily writing something in her notebook, standing near the portal, but still took the time to wave at me.

"Twilight, you being an egghead even at a time like this?" Rainbow Dash teased Twilight.

"Well now Rainbow, I'm sure Twilight is busy with something... Very important..." Celestia sounded a little unsure, or even nervous.

I tried not to focus on it, but I could feel inside me that something was wrong.

(Maybe I'm just paranoid. I'm starting to see conspiracies where there aren't any...)

"Hey, thanks for being here today, it means a lot to me, really." I petted Pinkie Pie, who was still hanging on me. "But I think we need to wrap this up quickly.... I don't like long goodbyes."

"Awww, I never got to throw you any parties!" Pinkie Pie sounded a little upset.

"Maybe another time..." I comforted her.

(Lying again... Why am I doing this? Ugh...)

"Oh come on, don't you want to spend a little more time with us?" Rainbow Dash put her hoof on my shoulder.

"Oh yes, Tia and we were wondering if you'd like to say goodbye to the ponies? Just like when you gave the speech after you arrived." Luna looked proud.

"Ahhh... You know what? Okay, I'm in."

"Huzzah! It will be the most wonderful way to say goodbye!" Luna used magic to grab me by the sleeve of my shirt and led me to the balcony of the castle.

"You really can't wait for me to do that, huh?" I chuckled.

The others followed us.

"We didn't notify the ponies of any public speeches in Canterlot this time, so the audience won't be as large as when you arrived." Celestia informed me before I was about to step out onto the balcony.

"Oh, it's really not a problem..."

(It's probably even better that way...)

Stepping out onto the balcony, I looked down. The ponies were going about their business, and they hadn't noticed me yet. I turned back, looking at my.... Friends? Could I call them that? They were smiling at me, encouraging me to give a speech.

(Okay, nothing too complicated... Just sharing my thoughts.)

After clearing my throat, I began to speak.

"And so... I'm back here in Canterlot, where it all started..." when I said that, the ponies started to notice me. "It was here that I began my journey in these strange lands. And you know what? I don't regret it, it has been a valuable life experience for me. I am glad that this event in my life was able to change me for the better. I don't know your opinion of me, maybe some of you like me and some of you hate me... But I'm still grateful to all of you. Perhaps my time here has been rather short, and perhaps there are still many things I haven't had time to realize... But I will say this: keep your friends close. It may sound cliché, but that was the goal of my program that I completed. Now I've truly realized that friends are very important in your life. And if you know how to forgive and turn your enemies into friends... Dude, you're gonna live a happy and full life, that's for sure. Now, maybe in an hour, I will leave you, possibly forever. I don't know if you'll remember me, or if you'll forget me right away... Just know that it wasn't all for nothing. So long, ponies."

When I finished speaking, the streets of Canterlot shook with cheers and applause. I was really happy to see that kind of reaction. With a smile and a wave, I left the balcony.

"Wow, that was very inspiring! Well done big guy!" Rainbow gave me a friendly poke on the shoulder.

"Darling, you have such a way with words! This is just beautiful!" Rarity supported me too.

"We never doubted you Vlad, you really know how to put hope in our hearts!" Luna was stamping her hooves on the floor with excitement.

"Thank you, all of you. I will never forget this moment in my life." I looked toward the portal room. "But I really have to go."

"Of course. You're ready." Celestia gave me approval a second time.

A moment, and we're back near the portal.

"Sister, can we activate it? Please!" Luna made puppy eyes.

"Of course, Luna. Go ahead." Celestia smiled and pointed to the portal.

Luna made a happy noise and ran towards the portal. I decided to accompany her and stood next to her.

(Is this really happening? I can't believe it...)

While Luna was busy with the portal, I noticed Celestia and Twilight whispering about something. I was able to catch a few words.

"Are you sure...? She'll keep her promise...?"

(What the... What promise?)

"The portal is ready! We did it!" Luna notified me.

All suspicion evaporated when I saw the activated portal. I was so close to home.

"I'm ready." I stated dryly.

I stood directly in front of the portal, staring into it with a blank stare.

(That's what I've been fighting for. That's my goal.)

I turned back around for one last look at them. Everyone was happy and supportive.

(That's it... I've accomplished my goal. It's time to go.)

A heavy sigh, and I moved forward, closing my eyes. A few seconds, and it was over. When I opened my eyes, I found myself right where Ms. Claire's agents had brought me to be sent to Equestria. I couldn't believe it was over.

"I did it..."

But suddenly, I felt movement at my side. Turning around, to my horror, I saw one of Ms. Claire's agents pointing a gun at me.

"D-Don't move! Or you'll regret it!" the agent looked and spoke hesitantly. "Oh my god, first day and I've already managed to catch you! I can't believe it!"

I put my hands in the air and had absolutely no idea what was going on.

"Well well well, who do we have here?" I turned to the source of the voice and saw that it was Ms. Claire. "They actually bought my lie! Oh my god, stupid horses!" She laughed soundly.

My brain was able to glue a few words together.

"Can you explain yourself... Ms. Claire?"