• Published 18th May 2022
  • 1,786 Views, 39 Comments

Shadows Among Everfree - RedPegasus



The months have passed since the Anon-a-Miss incident, and with the arrival of summer, Sunset Shimmer and her friends from Crystal Prep are ready for a new venture. Camp Everfree awaits them.

  • ...
2
 39
 1,786

Goodbye Everfree

Multiple machines move around the place transporting logs, wooden planks, glass, among others.

Various people, construction workers scattered throughout the camp, repair damaged cabins and replenish tables as well the tents. Essentially they are in charge of restoring the camp to its glory.

Cadence watches everything with a smile, although she is curious.

“Chrysie- I mean, Chrysalis, how did you manage to pull this off?”

“Actually it was Mr. White.” The emerald-haired woman answers. “When he found out his son hired a gang to raid the camp, he immediately promised to pay for all the reconstruction.”

The dean blinks in confusion. “A gang?”

Chrysalis averts her gaze slightly. “No one will believe this was caused by ice ghosts. Still, Winter White the Third sided with those spirits and attacked the camp.” The woman smiles smugly as she walks over to her friend. “Technically we aren’t lying, we are just omitting certain details.”

Cadence gives a small laugh. “Well, is very kind of Mr. White for rebuilding the place.”

“It’s either that or he was afraid of a lawsuit. We may never know.”

They both hear a scream and groans. The two of them turn to see Winter, dressed in presumably borrowed camping gear, being led by police officers into a patrol car.

“And what will happen to him?” Asks the dean.

“I’m afraid that doesn’t concern us anymore,” replies the superintendent. “He was missing for a long time, and then he reappears causing vandalism and aggression towards other people. It is up to the law to take charge, and to his parents.”

Winter gets into the car and is soon taken out of the camp.

“Poor boy.”

“It’s what he gets for making stupid decisions. Hopefully he’ll grown up after this.”

“Miss Chrysalis!”

Another voice is heard, and both women see the camp’s manager approaching.

“Chrysalis, I thank you very much for all of this.” Gloriosa says gratefully.

“As I was explaining to Cadence right now, it’s not thanks to me. Winter’s father has offered to pay for the entire rebuild.”

“Still, I… I was afraid that we would have to close the camp. Summer isn’t over yet and another school is coming in a few days, and I-“

“Gloriosa, please don’t keep worrying like this. The danger is over and the camp will be as good as new in no time. You can relax.”

The manager seems to understand the superintendent’s words, she takes a deep breath and relaxes her shoulders.

“Yeah, you’re right. Still, I must thank both of you for all your support, and your students as well. Speaking of wich, where are they?"

Dean Cadence is the one who answers. “They said there was still one last thing they needed to fix.”

~Shadows Among Everfree~

In another place, specifically at the lake, several campers are gathered as well as the workers repair the camp. At the same time, they repair something else.

Indigo hammers a board into the ground and wipes her forehead.

“Oh yeah! The new pier is almost complete! And this time, it will remain in that way.”

Suri approaches and hands her a can of soda wich the indigo-haired girl doesn’t hesitate to drink the whole thing.

“Miss Zap, I don’t mean to be rude, but why don’t we let the workers do the dock like everything else?”

“That’s obvious Suri, because we said we would do it, and with it we would leave our mark on the camp! To let future campers know that Crystal Prep is the best!”

The explanation seems to convince both the youngest student and everyone who is working on the site.

Nearby, Sunny, Sonata and Sunset are seen carrying potted flowers in their hands, behind is Twilight bringing four in her magical aura.

“That’s incredibly unfair coming from you, Twiley.”

“It’s not my fault I have psychokinesis, Sonata. It’s just what I got.”

Sunset just laughs.

Sunny Flare asks a question. “That reminds me. Sunset, honey, have you figured out why we have these powers?”

The fire-haired girl is surprised by the question. “Eh? Oh! No, sorry… with all the fuss about the Windigos I didn’t think of it anymore.”

Sunny lets out a small sigh.

“Well, at least I’m not burning anything anymore.” She says lifting the pot up a bit to confirm it isn’t catching on fire.

The four arrive near the dock where there are already some flowers planted. Grabbing a pair of garden shovels, they begin to dig.

Sonata Dusk suddenly speaks a bit seriously. “I’ve been thinking about it, maybe it has to do with the cave where we found Sunset. When I was there I felt weird, like a desire to be a Siren again and swim in the ocean.”

Sunset Shimmer thinks so. “I didn’t want to bring it up but… honestly, I also felt weird. Like whishing to gallop through the forest like a free steed who goes where it wants.”

While digging small holes the girls continue the conversation.

“Was that why you were inside the cave in some kind of trance?” Twilight asks.

Sunset takes a second to respond. “…Maybe…I really couldn’t say for sure.”

“How are you feeling now, honey?” Sunny asks. The Equestrian takes her pot and looks at the plant.

“Well… I feel fine… I guess?”

For some reason Sunset seems to take a great interest in the flower, and she licks her lip.

“Honestly, I’d like to go back to the cave and do some research.” Comments Twilight. “Perhaps the crystals have reactive components wich links to you in some way.”

Sonata speaks casually. “I didn’t understand a thing.”

“I’m sorry to tell you this, honey,” Sunny Flare apologizes, “but I’d rather we all forget about any magical stuff and get down to the camp, which is what we came here to begin with.”

The young scientist can only smile. “I suppose you are right. Besides, I guess there’s nothing to worry about anymore, right, Sunset?”

Asking that, and finishing planting her flower, Twilight turns to her fire-haired friend, surprised to see she’s chewing on something. She takes a closer look and sees that the flower in the pot is gone, leaving a petal peeking between the former equine’s lips.

Sunset notices the gaze of the others, sees her pot without her flower and smiles nervously swallowing what she has in her mouth.

“Heh heh… um, uhh… did you want… some?”

She says it jokingly, but clearly flustered and embarrassed. The fire-haired teen lets out a small burp and hastily covers her mouth.

There is a silence broken by Sonata who begins to laugh out loud, then Twilight laughs too, although she covers her mouth a bit. Sunny chooses to imitate them, and in the end Sunset can only do the same, taking some of the shame out of her.

“Hey Sunset!” Indigo’s voice is heard. “We’re almost done! Come here!”

Setting the pot aside and wiping her mouth on her wrist, Sunset walks up to the pier with the others.

“What do you need?”

“Actually we’re almost done, just need to hammer one more nail.”

Indigo points to a nail half sticking out of one of the floorboards. She extends a hammer to the former unicorn.

“Would you do us the honor?”

Our fire-haired girl smiles, takes the tool and, to the attentive smiles of everyone around her, leans over to give the last blow sinking the nail into the board. Instantly everyone cheers and claps, watching the play.

Gloriosa also walks over and looks at the new pier. Pillars to the sides support graceful arches from which solar lanterns hang. The pier extends to the front and sides, giving space to anchor boats and sailboats. Trunks where life jackets, oars, and swimming as well fishing equipment stored were also positioned. The most striking thing is a large sign with the name of the camp, decorated and colorful with two lamps that would illuminate it at night.

“This is wonderful! Boys. Girls. The pier is wonderful! I couldn’t have done better!!”

Again there is celebration on the part of all gathered, campers and workers alike.

“I have to thank you especially, Sunset. You and your friends saved my camp, thank you very much.”

The woman can’t resist the urge to hug the girl, which saddens Sunset but she doesn’t complain about it.

“It’s no big deal. Stopping magical disasters is like a talent.”

“And provoke them! Let’s not forget that most of them have been partly your fault.” Our blue Siren innocently says.

Sunset puts on a smile with a twitch of her eye, then holds up a nearby flower pot.

“Hey Sonny, guess who’s eating the next flower.”

The Dazzling’s scream is heard as she is chased by the ex equine.

“Come here Sonny!!”

“No Sunsite! Forgive me!!”

“Haven’t you heard about eating fruits and vegetables?! They are good for your health, so get back here and eat your plant!!”

Everyone present laughs as both Equestrian girls continue their chase.

~Shadows Among Everfree~

Night falls, yet the camp continues to glow with lights and music. A party is held throughout the establishment and no one is left out of it.

The campers dance and chat, enjoy snacks as well.

A song courtesy of the Sunset Among Shadows could not be missing, and as it couldn’t be otherwise it’s acclaimed by all being recorded for posterity.

At the end of his song, the shouts and applause doesn’t wait.

“WOOOO!! Have you seen it?! I told you bringing our instruments was a good idea.” Lemon Zest goes with her companions. The girls smile and giggle a bit as they continue to receive everyone’s applause.

The camp’s manager takes the stage, wearing an elegant yet colorful dress, and is immediately handed the microphone.

“That was awesome girls!” The woman congratulates the young musicians and then addresses those present. “And thanks to all of you! I hope you are enjoying this party. Tomorrow we will have to say goodbye, so I propose that this party be kept alive until dawn!”

The response comes in the form of overly animated cheers and applause.

“I want to thank everyone. Despite the problems, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a school as united and warm as this one. Even in the cold, with you it will always be summer!”

The teenagers doesn’t get tired of clapping and cheering. The party, as said, doesn’t give up, always staying alive.

Gloriosa Daisy herself enjoys the atmosphere of the celebration, at one point she sees her brother approaching.

“Hi Gloriosa.”

“Timber, everything okay?”

“Yeah, a big party. And a good speech there.”

“Thanks, I’ve been practicing a bit. He he.”

Gloriosa laughs and looks animated, although her brother looks a little uncomfortable.

“If it is too good. I’m glad the party took place, you know. It’s also good that… we were able to repair the camp.”

“I know. There really is something magical about that school.”

“Yeah. Although, you know, I feel a little sorry. A new camp that-“

“NO!” Gloriosa cuts her brother suddenly changing her jovial character to an angry one. “Don’t you dare talk about it.”

Timber remains silent but seems concerned. “Gloriosa-“

“No, no, no and NO!!” The woman talks quite annoyed. “Tonight is just for fun, and we still have to prepare to host another school in a few days. I don’t want to hear any more about it.”

Without giving her brother a chance to respond, she steps away from him, then stops and turns around.

“Sorry Timb, I just want to enjoy with the guys tonight. I’m sorry…”

She doesn’t say more, she just goes to another part of the party.

Timber Sprunce just looks at her, lets out a sigh and before doing anything, he feels a touch on his shoulder. Turning around, he sees Fleur de Lis, dressed in an elegant dress with pink sparkles.

“Hello Timber.”

“Oh, hello.” The green-haired guy greets, although then he seems to doubt. “Flour de Lis, right?”

“’Fleur,’” she corrects him softly. “It’s Prench. Are you and your sister okay? You seemed to have problems.”

Timber hesitates a bit before answering. “Uh…yes. It’s just… with everything that’s happened, it’s a bit stressful.”

“I understand. And that reminds me: Timber, can I talk to you for a moment, in private?”

“Uh, sure, no problem.”

Fleur takes the young man’s hand and, with some haste, leads him away.

Not far from there, the Sunset Among Shadows discuss their recent act as Twilight sees Timber and Fleur enter the woods out of the corner of her eye.

She is intrigued. After looking at her friends for a moment concentrating on their own conversation, she decides to follow them.

Her dress makes it a bit difficult for her to cross the forest, but the scientist girl advances and with her eyes tries to find Timber and Fleur.

She manages to locate and remains hidden behind a tree. Timber and Fleur stand under a small opening in the trees letting the moon shine down on them.

Fleur de Lis is the first to speak.

“I wanted to thank you for saving me at that time.”

Timber Sprunce seems to hesitate for a moment, then smiles. “Heh, you don’t need to thank me. It’s my job to take care of the campers.”

“You are very brave and strong.” She speaks in a slightly provocative voice.

“Thanks. Well, one has to be when guarding a camp.” He responds by looking somewhat smug. “There may be wild animals lurking around.”

“Oh! Could there be one nearby?” Fleur asks and puts her hands on the boy’s shoulders as she pretends to look around her.

“Maybe, but don’t worry,” he replies in a soft tone as he places his hands on her waist. “If any appear, I will protect you.”

Fleur glances at the dark-haired boy and smiles flirtatiously. “I know. You are my hero.”

“Heh, me a hero? Nah. I’m just me.” Despite making this clarification, there is a touch of arrogance in his voice.

“Being you, it’s perfect.”

Without hesitation, Fleur wraps her arms around the young man’s neck. He responds by wrapping his around the girl’s waist.

Twilight Sparkle opens her eyes and freezes when she sees Fleur approaching, kissing Timber on his lips, an action to which he instantly responds.

Tears fall from her violet eyes, in a kind of self-torture Twilight watches that scene, until she can finally force her body to move away from the place.

~Shadows Among Everfree~

Twilight’s desperation to run away from them is such that she doesn’t bother to surround the party and just runs into the middle of it, which doesn’t go unnoticed by her group of friends.

They doesn’t hesitate for a second to follow her and although they call her, Twilight doesn’t listen, limiting herself to running towards her camping tent.

The group arrives at the site and they look inside the tent, but no one enters for the moment.

Sunset is the first to enter, and sees her scientist friend sitting on her bed. Twilight had removed her glasses because of the noise, and though she tries, she can’t wipe away her tears or silence her sobs.

The fire-haired girl approaches cautiously, almost scared, but before she can speak it’s the little cub who runs up.

“Twilight!” The purple dog screams as he jumps on the bed and reaches over until his paws touch his owner’s leg. “Twilight!... What’s wrong?”

The pup rubs his owner’s lap in an attempt to comfort her.

Twilight looks up, and even without her glasses, her glassy eyes stare at her dog. She takes him in her arms and hugs him. With a puppy cry, Spike licks her cheek, tastes the salty taste of her tears and continues, trying to cheer her up. She just hugs him tight.

Finally her friends approach Twilight, surround her with a hug and try to comfort her as best they can.

Cuddling her puppy, while her friends hug and support her, Twilight lets her pain out of her.

It takes her a while to calm down enough to tell what she saw. Immediately the Shadowbolts are shocked, outraged, and upset, but most of all they grieve for her friend.

“Twilight, please don’t cry anymore…” The puppy was also very sad to see his owner in that state.

*Sniff* “Sorry… it’s just…”

“Cheer up Twi-Twi, there are plenty of fish in the sea.” The Siren girl says with a smile. “If you want, we can catch some and roast them on the coals. Mmm… grilled fish.”

Lemon rolls her eyes slightly. “What Duskie means is you shouldn’t feel bad for that guy. He’s not worth of it.”

Twilight forces herself to silence a sob. *Sniff* “… It’s just no boy had ever treated me with such kindness as Timber did before. I… I thought he…”

Indigo is quiet, but she quickly balls her fists and grits her teeth. “That idiot, I’ll show him!”

With a really upset face, the girl with googles goes towards the exit.

“Indigo, wait. What are you going to do?” Asks Sunset Shimmer.

“What do you think?” The athlete responds with a certain derogatory tone. “I’m going to break his face, and maybe other things to that spinach-haired jerk!”

“Indigo, that won’t fix anything.” Reproaches the Equestrian girl.

“Of course it will! It will teach that asshole not to mess with my friends, and that he should never play with a woman's feelings!!”

“Please Indigo… I don’t want you to get in trouble.” Says Twilight managing to calm her crying.

“We’re leaving tomorrow.” Sunset speaks again. “Let’s not start a fight to say goodbye.”

Indigo seems to want to answer, until finally she just moans in frustration. “Urgh! Fine, but I still feel like going to punch him in the face… several times.”

“I know it sounds harsh…” Sunny says seriously, tough from the tone of her voice she’s still worried, “…but it’s good you’ve finally find it out, Twilight. That way you won’t hang out with a pedantic and womanizing guy like him again. You deserve someone better.”

Twilight remains silent before lowering her head in embarrassment. *Sniff* “… you were right, Sunny… Timber is… he… he’s not who I thought…”

Sunny Flare is saddened by such an answer. “Oh Twilight…”

“I was foolish to think… that some guy would notice me…” *Sniff*

“Hey, hold it right there.” Sunny says, reaching over to put a hand on her friend’s shoulder. “Twilight, Timber wasn’t what you expected but that’s his problem. There’s nothing wrong with you.”

The one with glasses looks at her but she suddenly starts crying again.

“… and on top of that I said I didn’t want to be your friend anymore… I’m so sorry!!” Twilight exclaims and covers her face from crying again.

“Oh Twiley…” Sunny takes the scientist’s hands and makes her stand up, they both give each other a big hug.

“Forgive me Sunny!”

“It’s okay, Twiley. I will always be there to help you.”

Sunny lets Twilight vent on her shoulder for a moment, then pulls her away to look at her.

“Twilight, listen. You are a sweet and intelligent girl, you are also pretty and adorable. You will find someone who can see everything of it about you and makes you happy. Someone so much better than that mangy wolf.”

Twilight giggles a bit and then they both resume their hug although they are surprised when Sonata hugs them both.

“YEAH! I want a hug too!”

There is a shared laugh, then a hug shared by all. Even the puppy is animated and rubs his owner’s leg.

The girls part. Sunset gives the glasses to her friend who, after wiping away the remains of her tears, puts them on.

“Thank you girls, you are the best.”

They all share the comforting hug again. Once the penalty is over, the six girls and the talking dog rejoin the celebration; they could not afford to miss the celebration for any reason.

They danced, sang and shared funny and happy moments in the company of their other friends and classmates, including Superintendent Chrysalis who stayed at the party by request of Dean Cadence.

As promised, all of Crystal Prep celebrated throughout the night, celebrating not only the fact the camp was saved – as well the entire world – but also to celebrate the bonds of friendship that after the experience were strengthened like never before.

~Shadows Among Everfree~

The night passes, with the arrival of the sun the party ends. Campers use the few hours they have left to clean up, pack their belongings, and prepare for the trip to home.

While waiting for their transports to arrive, our group gets together and begin to discuss a particular topic.

“So now we have super powers.” Indigo Zap comments as she watches herself generate a small current between her thumb and forefinger. “That’s super! Sorry for the redundancy.”

Twilight thinks about it. “Should we worry?”

“Why?” Sonata asks smiling. “I think it’s great.”

Twilight responds to the siren. “Yes, it is, but we had several problems at the beginning.”

Lemon downplays the matter. “It doesn’t matter anymore. We are superheroines now! Hey, we need a cool name!”

Sonata raises her hand. “Oh! Oh! I know one: ‘The Dazzlings’!”

Twilight looks at the blue girl curiously. “Isn't that the name of your and your sisters band?”

“Sure! Adagio says it’s the perfect name.”

Indigo smiles with some amusement. “I guess it’s fine for you three, but we need something different, something like…’Team Dynamite’!”

“Or perhaps ‘Team Super Cool’!” Says Lemon Zest.

Sunny decides to join the conversation. “Well, I think ‘Team Awesome’ sounds better.”

Spike also decides to talk. “How about ‘Alpha Wolf Squad’?”

Sonata speaks again. “I know! I know! What do you think about ‘Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squad Alpha Team’!

There’s a silence for a while before the six teens start giggling.

“I think you can think about that later.” Sunset comments after laughing.

Indigo finishes laughing and asks. “What about you, Sunset? Any ideas?”

The fire-haired girl laughs again at the question yet she thinks about it.

“Heh, I don’t know. Maybe ‘The Fantastic Five’? Ha ha.” Sunset says it in a somewhat joking tone. Although instead of laughing, everyone looks at her strangely.

“…um, was it really bad?”

“Five? Why five?” Indigo Zap asks.

Sunset is surprised by the question. “Well…because there are five of you.”

Sonata begins to count with her fingers, adding one then the other and changing to two of the other hand and goes up and down several fingers, then lifts one foot for a moment to count a little but lowers it and joins her hands crossing her fingers until they get tangled up in each other, so she have to pull her arms in opposite directions to separate them. And after doing all this sequence the Dazzling stands still for a moment, then she smiles.

“Six! We are six! I’ve count it all by myself! Yay!”

Sunset was a bit confused, until… “…Oh! Of course! Spike, I almost forgot you! It was so obvious, I guess that’s six then. It could be ‘The Fantastic Five and the Wonder Pup’ Heh heh.”

Again, her apparent joke earns nothing more than confused and somewhat surprised looks.

“Sunset, it’s the six of us.” Explains Indigo. “You, me, Twi, Sunny, Lemon and Sonata. Well, the puppy is part of the group too.”

Sunset looks confused. “Me? Why me? The ones with superpowers are the five of you.”

Indigo blinks once. “… and YOU.”

“Just because I come from another dimension doesn’t mean I have magic like that.”

“But you got it!” Claims Zest. “We saw you!”

The Equestrian blinks. “You saw… what?”

“When you fought the Windigos.” Answer Indigo Zap.

“I only managed to get my face smashed in.”

“No Sun-Shim, the other thing! When you made a face like this,” Lemon says with an imitation of a serious expression. “And you started kicking all the ghosts’ butts!”

She imitates Sunset’s face and tries to make strange moves, altough she narrowly ends up falling.

Sunset doesn’t answer, she’s still confused.

“When your eyes went blank.” Says the athlete girl.

Sunset just blinks.

Indigo also blinks. “…Don’t you remember?!”

“Remember what?” Sunset looks confused.

Sunny Flare decides to speak to calm the moment. “Sunset, in the middle of the battle against the Windigos after you were knocked unconscious, you got up and started fighting.”

Sunset blinks again. “…did I do that?”

Twilight is the one who takes the floor. “You really don’t remember, Sunset?”

“Umm… nope. I just remember Winter was hitting me, then I guess I passed out and when I realized it we were all together in front of the giant Windigo monster.”

That puzzles the five girls. Twilight Sparkle is the first to speak again. “Can’t you remember? You not only faced Winter, but ALL the Windigos.”

“Exactly!” The Crystal Prep athlete adds. “You were dodging each of their attacks and at the same time you were beating the crap out of them.”

Sunset just shakes her head. “Well… I don’t think I remember any of that.”

“You really don’t remember? Not a bit? Not even a little bit?” Sonata Dusk insists on the topic.

“No Sonata, as I already said, I only remember being punched by Winter and when I woke up we had already defeated him.”

The girls are silent for a while, Spike on the other hand doesn’t seem to pay attention to the conversation. Then Indigo takes up the floor.

“Damn, that’s too bad. I was going to ask you to show me how to perform those moves.”

Sunset is intrigued. “What moves were they?”

Twilight adjusts her glasses almost thoughtful. “It’s hard to say. You were moving your whole body, bending and twisting in weird ways.”

“Yeah, it was very random. As if your body moved by itself.” Seconded Indigo Zap.

Sunset seems to think so. “Perhaps my power is to be a sleepwalker. I was already sleepwalking when you found me in the cave.”

“Well, whatever was that about, it was badass!” Exclaims the lime-haired girl. “You must do it again.”

“Heh, I can’t even remember doing it. I doubt something like this will happen again.”

While our group has their talk, a few other campers are enjoying some final activities. One of them is Sour Sweet and Suri Polomare, the youngest being the one holding a bow and arrow and the oldest giving her some instructions.

“As you can see it’s not too difficult. Just keep your arm straight, breathe a little if you’re nervous and let go when you have the target located.”

Suri follows the cue, shoots the arrow back at arm’s length, takes a deep breath, and…

“Suri, I found your phone charger!” Coco Pommel suddenly screams as she approaches.

The sudden shout breaks Suri’s calm causing her to release the arrow which flies at high speed towards the target in front of her, but instead of hitting the target, misses it. It bounces off a hanging cabin bell, then the camp decoration totem pole plus an empty glass soda bottle—which also breaks—and keeps flying, heading straight to Sunset Shimmer.

“WACHT OUT!!!”

“MISS SHIMMER!!!”

Sour and Suri’s screams fail to reach the ears of Princess Celestia’s former student. The arrow speeds to the side of her head and…stops.

Being inches away from touching Sunset, the arrow remains motionless; that’s because Sunset caught it in her hand just before it reaches her.

Her friends are surprised and somewhat terrified by what they saw. Unable to speak, they just stare at the former unicorn.

Sunset looks at them intrigued. “…Why do you see me like this?”

There is no verbal response, except for Lemon pointing to the side of her head.

Sunset raises an eyebrow, rolling her eyes to the side for a second, and it takes another half second for her to react. She turns her head completely and pulling her neck and arm in opposite directions in order to get her head away from the arrow in her hand.

Nobody says anything for a while.

“Sunsite, that was great! Do it again!” The younger Dazzling exclaims excitedly.

“Miss Shimmer!” Suri rushes to where Sunset is followed by Sour Sweet and Coco. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t… I didn’t mean to harm you!”

The fire-haired girl forces herself to swallow her embarrassment in order to comfort Suri. “Nothing happened, really.”

The youngest seems to be about to cry, then she star es at Coco Pommel with a frown.

“Coco!! Thanks to you I almost killed Miss Shimmer!!”

“I-I didn’t want-“

“You always mess everything up!! Can’t you do anything right?!!”

“Enough!” Sunset reproaches Suri, next calms down and then makes her look into the eyes. “Don’t fight please. No one is to blame, no one got hurt. Everything’s alright.”

Being calmer, and checking the green-eyed teen is unharmed, the young Polomare looks back at her classmate who has her head lowered.

“I’m sorry for being so useless.” Coco comments sadly.

Now is Suri who feels guilty and ashamed of herself. She places a hand on her companion’s shoulder, causing Coco Pommel to look at her in surprise.

“No Coco, that’s not true. The only useless one here is me, for being such a bad friend to you… can you forgive me?”

After a few seconds of silence, Coco wraps Suri in a hug in response to her plea, to which she reciprocates by hugging her. The Equestrian congratulates the reconciliation by patting the heads of both.

Sour Sweet takes the opportunity to surprise Sunset by taking the arrow. “They are rubber arrows, they don’t have a real tip. It would never have hurt you, altough it would had given you a severe headache. By the way, how the hell did you do that?

“… I have no idea…”

The conversation could have continued, until the sound and sight of the Crystal Prep buses pulling up to the venue halts all action from the campers.

Everyone leaves what they are doing and taking their respective luggage they approach the vehicles.

The instant Twilight is doing exactly that, Timber walks over with her.

“Hi Twilight.”

The scientist hears him and turns her head to see the boy, but she doesn’t speak to him.

“I guess you’re leaving now, it was nice meeting you.”

Twilight looks at him once more, then minds her own business by pulling away her bag. Timber Sprunce is somewhat taken aback, despite this he speaks to her again.

“Listen, I was wondering if you would give me your number or your email. The truth is I would really like to see you again.”

The one with glasses finishes her task, remains silent and without looking at the boy heads to the bus door.

“Hey, Twilight! Wait!”

Timber rushes over and is about to grab her shoulder when someone grabs him first, pulling him back a bit.

“Yo Timber!” Indigo exclaims as she beams excitedly. “Camp was fun! We’ll see each other at some point, GOOD LUCK, PAL!”

She nudges his arm, but Timber gasps as he feels a current run up his arm.

“Whoops! My bad,” the girl apologizes, tough she seems pleased nonetheless. “I don’t think I’ve mastered this ‘Zap’ thing yet, ha ha! Anyway, see ya!”

She pats the boy on his shoulder to say goodbye to him, which again makes him yell.

Timber rubs himself but before recovering a sound wave shakes his body and almost knocks him to the ground.

Tim-Tim!! Lemon Zest exclaims with her magical ability. “Sorry! That was too much.” She apologizes in her normal voice. “I just wanted to say goodbye, GOODBYE"

The rocker girl approaches Timber to the right ear and delivers him another sound wave.

“Until next time, Tim-Tim!”

He doesn’t answer her, still in a daze, and Lemon Zest gets on the bus. Just when Timber is recovering from so much ‘violence’, Sonata shows up catching the boy in a hug.

“Bye Timmy! I'm going to miss you so much.”

Sonata hugs the green-haired boy so tightly that she leaves him breathless, and she again squeezes him even more, virtually crushing him completely. The Siren lets go Timber, causing him to fall over and start coughing and breathing desperately. Sonata Dusk continues to smile and, jumping, leaves.

Timber has to lean on the bus to get up, but he’s still short of breath.

Sunny Flare sees him from behind. Scowling, saying nothing or letting him know she’s there, points her finger and shoots a small fireball at the young man’s pants.

The camp’s co-manager doesn’t notice at first, then smells burning and smoke, next realices his pants are on fire. He screams desperately and runs off, circling the camp for a while, until he runs down the dock and jumps into the water in order to put out the fire.

The whole scene of him running desperate generates several laughs from the campers. Some try to cover them up, others don’t even bother trying.

On their part, our group looks at her lilac-haired friend from the bus windows, and she herself just blows on her index finger like it’s the barrel of a gun. They all laugh.

~Shadows Among Everfree~

The six friends and Spike the not so-regular dog take the last seats on the bus, allowing them to see Camp Everfree as they drive away.

“Goodbye Camp Everfree!” Lemon exclaims. “It was fun! Even the winter apocalypse part!”

After everyone gets settled, Twilight looks at the fire-haired girl. “Sunset, do you really think it was okay to let the Windigos go?”

“Windigos feed on hate. Holding a grudge will only make them stronger,” Sunset explains. “It’s better to forget about them.”

Indigo Zap decides to ask. “Say Sunset, are there more monsters from your world that could have come to ours?”

Sunset begins to think. “To tell the truth, I’m not sure if they’re from Equestria. Hyberna said they have been in this world for centuries, maybe… over a millennia.”

Sunny Flare asks another question. “So, are they from here? From our world?"

The Equestrian girl seems insecure. “I don’t know. I think I should talk to Princess Twilight about it.”

There is silence for a moment. Until the google girl speaks again.

“Well, it doesn’t matter! If more monsters, specters, or magical phenomena appear, the SunSix will be there to stop them!”

“The Sun… what?” Sunset asks.

'SunSix’! I kept thinking of a name for the team, and I came up with that one! What do you think?”

The answer wins everyone’s gaze, but in the end they laugh.

Sunset stops laughing and turns her head once more, watching as the camp name sign fades out of sight.

“Are you alright, Sunset?” Twilight asks.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. I just kept thinking; the Windigos were a fluke, though I think Camp Everfree still holds some secrets.”

With a slightly serious look, Sunset looks outside, losing sight of the camp on the horizon as the bus heads back to Canterlot City.

~Shadows Among Everfree~

Timber Sprunce goes to his sister’s office breaking in unannounced.

“Gloriosa, are you there?”

“Here I am Timber.” She responds by arranging some documents on her desk. “What is it?”

Timber looks quite shocked as he approaches. “I recieved a call from…” he pauses, hesitant. “…well, you know who.”

Gloriosa Daisy lets out a groan and rolls her eyes.

“Gloriosa, hey, can we talk about-“

“Timber, please.” She interrupts him. “We’ve already discussed it.”

“Discussed? We haven’t even talked about it, you just kept denying everything!”

“Because there is nothing to talk about. Now, are the tents ready?”

“Yes sis.” The boy responds suspiciously, turning his gaze.

“And the dining room? Did you watch the trails? What about the pier?”

“Everything perfect, especially the pier.” The younger brother answers again. “Gloriosa, can we-“

“No! The campers will be arriving any minute and I don’t want any trouble before then.”

The green haired one seems to want to talk, but he doesn’t.

“… And what are we going to do?”

“Please, Timber trust me. I’ll take care of everything.”

Saying so, the woman leaves her papers on the desk and retreats to the back of the office, closing the door.

Her brother looks at her for a moment, then snorts with some annoyance. He finally makes a dismissive gesture and leaves without saying anything.

Meanwhile, Gloriosa decides to fix herself up. Looking in her mirror, she touches up her eyelashes and brushes her hair.

After that she looks towards a dresser drawer, opens it and takes out a necklace adorned with a couple of colored stones. She looks at the necklace for a moment and puts it on.

“Gloriosa! The bus has arrived!” Her brother’s voice is heard from outside, to which she responds by raising her voice.

“I’m coming!”

Gloriosa looks at her necklace in her reflection and smiles to herself.

She leaves her office looking more excited than she was a few moments ago. Just in time to greet the new arrivals.

“Hello Canterlot High School, and welcome to Camp Everfree!”

~ The End ~

Principal Abacus Cinch sits at her desk with a pen in hand and an apparent document in front of her. However, far from looking serious and severe as she usually is, the woman’s expression seems puzzled.

“…My apologies, I think I forgot what I was saying.”

“You were about to sign my application to study at your school, Ma’am.” A Teenage girl speaks, soft-voiced but confident, sitting on the bench across from the principal.

“Really? I mean, of course! That’s… what I was going to do.”

The woman doesn’t seem sure of her words, although the girl sitting in front of her doesn’t seem concerned.

Cinch clears her throat, sits up, and takes the document in front of her for a moment. After thinking about it, she decides to sign it.

“Well, it’s done. I welcome you to Crystal Prep Academy, miss…uh…excuse me, can you repeat your name for me one more time?”

The young woman in front of Principal Cinch doesn’t respond immediately. Her long moss green hair covers her eyes for a moment, but it can be seen cracking a smile.

She straightens up. Pushing her hair back from her face to answer the question, she gazes at the older woman with her own eyes as brown as the color of a tree bark.

“Wallflower. Wallflower Blush.”

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading this story!
It took me too long to have the decency to finish it, but it was fun. Being able to give myself a lot of freedom when writing the story.
As always, I thank Arthor for his help editing and proofreading the chapters, if you liked his work, go to his profile and give him a 'thank you'!

For my part that's all, now I'll try to focus on my next project. Read ya later!

Comments ( 8 )

Oh dear.... Gloriosa does NOT have this in the bag and a certain botanist just joined Crystal Prep.

Something tells me that Sunset and her pals are gonna go through a most painful test of their friendship. As for Camp Everfree: will her old friends survive?

Your are welcome, buddy! :twilightsmile:

Bye bye, Winter. Have fun staying in Juvenile Hall (Because of what he did, there's no doubt that's where he's going) and/or the mental institute if you mention the Windigos.

Ok a good ending.
Now it remains to be seen if there will be a Sunset Among Shadows IV.

11609664
I second that, I hope ya make a part 4 where sunset fully reconciles with the Rainbooms

So Sunset has magic ultra instinct.

“Actually it was Mr. White.” The emerald-haired woman answers. “When he found out his son hired a gang to raid the camp, he immediately promised to pay for all the reconstruction.”

"Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!"

What a ending & quite the cliffhanger with Wallflower arriving. I'm happy to finally finish this & hope to see what happens next if or when, we get the next installment.

P.S. I laughed so hard at the girls punishing Timber as they were leaving. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment