• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,216 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,216

PreviousChapters Next
A Camphrier Chase

The noble trio arrived at Camphrier Town. Where they hope to learn something about Mega Evolution.

"You should be happy today, Sunset." Sunny said happily. "Your Fenniken evolved into Braixen."

"I never expected that." Sunset figured. "I know that Fenniken is loyal to me since Sprout Cloverleaf gave him to me. But, wow!"

"Going through those other trainers wasn't easy." Izzy added. "I think all of our Pokémon need a rest."

They all agree. Besides, Sunset needs to check out that Pokémon sanctuary Professor Sycamore talked about.

A CAMPHRIER CHASE

Inside the Pokémon Center, Nurse Joy called for Sunset. "Miss Shimmer, your Pokémon are all healed."

"Thanks, Nurse Joy." Sunset replied as she collected her Poké Balls. "While I give a call to this Pokémon Sanctuary, can you help my friends heal their Pokémon?"

"I be delighted."

Sunset uses the videophone. After three rings, the phone was answered by a pink skinned girl with hair in different shades of teal. She wore a red polo shirt, gray skirt, and white platform shoes. This young lady was surprised to see who was calling. "Sunset Shimmer! This is a surprise."

"Starlight Glimmer." Sunset said, knowing who it is. "What's happening?"

"After graduation, I was offered a job with Dr. Fauna here at this sanctuary. You wouldn't believe the kinds of Pokémon people leave here to be taken care of."

"Speaking of which, I just caught a Pancham. Is he okay?"

Pancham soon came over to Starlight.

"He sure is." Starlight praised. "You caught a nice looking Pancham. Are you planning to have him with you?"

"May not be a bad idea." Sunset replied. "How can I get the little fellow?"

"Just place the Poké Ball of who you want to transfer to our Sanctuary in the slot, and we'll trade Pokémon. Whoever you transfer, we'll take care of it."

Sunset decided to place Braixen's Ball into the transfer chamber. The ball then disappeared, and is replaced by another Poké Ball. Sunset threw it in the air, and Pancham came out.

"The transfer works." Sunset cheered. "Pancham is with me."

Starlight looked at who Sunset transfered to her. "This Braixen look amazing. If you need another transfer, let me know."

"Okay, Starlight. Bye."

As soon as the call was done, Izzy and Sunny came by.

"Hey, Sunset." Izzy said. "Our Pokémon are well healed."

"Then, let's see if we can learn about Mega Evolution." Sunset said.

The trio asked around town. But, no info thus far. Then, they went into a castle to ask about Mega Evolution. But, the caretaker has nothing. Then, a nervous man rushed over. "Sir, it has returned."

"Oh boy." The caretaker said with sorrow. “Here we go again. Let's go to Route 7."

As the two men leave, the girls look confused.

"What was that all about?" Sunset asked.

"Maybe we should look in on this." Sunny suggested.

Izzy and Sunset agreed. Leaving the town, they came across what was disturbing the two men.

"It's a Snorlax." Izzy noticed. "He's a big one."

Sunset used her Pokédex to study this Pokémon.

Snorlax, the Sleeping Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. This Pokémon can eat up to 900 pounds of food before going back to sleep.

"Quick." The scared man said. "Wake him up with the Poké Flute."

"I can’t." The caretaker replied. "I left it at Parfum Palace."

This gives Sunset an idea. "Where is Parfum Palace?"

The nervous man gave her some information. "It's along Route 6."

"Then, that's where the three of us are going."

Izzy and Sunny figured what Sunset is thinking.


Pokémon Quiz

It's me. Sunset Shimmer. We have Dusknoir, Honedge, and Marshadow. Which of these Pokémon looks more like a weapon than a ghost?


As the trio were allowed into the gates of Parfum Palace, they were a little annoyed.

"I can't believe that we have to pay 1,000 Poké Dollars each." Izzy grumbled.

"Me neither." Sunny agreed. "I guess that's how the rich get richer."

As they enter the mansion, the owner is looking nervous.

"Where is he?" The owner said. "Where's my darling little Furfrou?"

"Furfrou?" Sunset asked.

"Yes, my friends. Furfrou is known as the Poodle Pokémon."

"Maybe we should look for this Furfrou." Sunny suggested. "Imagine if any of us lost our Pokémon."

Izzy and Sunset figured that Sunny is right. Later, the girls find themselves outside in a large garden. Sunset sent Pidgey to help in the search. Sunny sent in Fletchling as well. The two birds came back to their respective trainers.

"Pidgey, did you and Fletchling find Furfrou?" Sunset asked.

The bird Pokémon nodded and flew off with the girls right behind them. Soon, they all saw a big white dog with black paws. Sunset and Sunny called back their Pokémon.

"So, that's a Furfrou. Huh?" Sunset said as she takes out her Pokédex.

Furfrou, the Poodle Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. Its long hair is used to style in various forms.

As soon as they approached him, Furfrou ran off.

"Let's split up!" Sunset suggested. "This way, we can cut him off."

The girls separated. Sunny Starscout cut him off from one direction. Furfrou ran until he ran into Izzy Moonbow. Soon, they and Sunset has the critter cornered.

"Nowhere to run now, Furfrou." Sunset said.

Just then, the mansion’s owner arrived.

"You found my Furfrou!" The owner said. " I don't know how to thank you."

"We're just glad to help out." Sunset said proudly.

"But, I must reward you. Girls, follow me to the balcony."

The trio followed the person and his butler up to the balcony. They were a little weary.

"What are we doing up here?" Izzy asked.

The mansion’s owner gave her an answer. "Just look out there, and you'll see."

They looked out, and suddenly, they saw fireworks in the air. It was a beautiful sight. Colors in the air sparkle all around. As soon as the fireworks show was over, Sunset spoke up. "That was beautiful, sir. We did you a favor. Now, it's our turn to ask for one. We heard that you have the Poké Flute."

"Yes, I do." The wealthy man said. "Why are you asking for it?"

"We need it to wake up a Snorlax who's blocking Route 7."

The wealthy man turned to his butler. "Bring the flute here.”

The butler left the room, a couple of minutes later, he returns with a flute with a Poké Ball design in the middle.

"So, this is the Poké Flute." Izzy figured.

"Correct." Said the mansion owner. "Remember, it's always good manners to return what you borrow."

As the wealthy man and his butler left, Sunny wondered about this situation. "If I was Furfrou, I wouldn't be with that guy. Sounds like he's a control freak."

"I can understand him, believe it or not." Sunset replied. "Running a mansion by himself must've put a lot of pressure on him."

Sunny and Izzy realized that Sunset could be right. Later, the girls returned to Route 7. The caretaker of the castle of Camphrier Town saw them coming.

"You have the Poké Flute." The caretaker cheered.

"We sure have." Sunset said as she handed him the Poké Flute. "It wasn't easy though."

"Once I play the flute, Snorlax will wake up in a grouchy mood. Are you ready?"

Sunset grabs a Poké Ball. "READY!"

The caretaker started to play a beautiful Melody. Suddenly, Snorlax woke up, ready to rumble.

"Let's do this, Pancham!" Sunset said as she threw her Poké Ball.

Pancham popped out, ready for a battle.

"Pancham," Sunset commanded, "Use Arm Thrust."

Pancham started to strike at Snorlax. But, the hefty Pokémon counter attacked with a Body Slam. Sunset got concerned. " Dodge it!"

The Playful Pokémon avoided the Body Slam. Then, he charged into Snorlax, and delivered a blow to the head.

"Looks like Pancham learned Karate Chop." Sunny cheered.

"Quick, Sunset." Izzy called out. "Throw a Poké Ball!"

Sunset takes out a Poké Ball that's blue and white instead of red and white. "This Great Ball another trainer gave me should do the trick." She then throws the ball to Snorlax. "Great Ball, GO!"

The Great Ball strikes Snorlax, and catches it. The Great Ball starts shaking. Once it clicked, Sunset knew that she was successful. "I caught a Snorlax!"

The ball quickly vanished as the owner of Parfum Palace and his Furfrou arrived.

"You play that flute marvelously." The wealthy man said. "The only thing I could do is put it on display. "

"Thank you, sir." The caretaker replied.

"My Furfrou likes the tune. You can keep the Poké Flute. Just keep on practicing."

The mansion owner and his Furfrou head back to Parfum Palace.

"With Snorlax out of the way," Izzy figured, "we can see what's down this route."

Everyone agreed, and prepared to head out. Meanwhile, at the Pokémon Sanctuary, a caring marigold skinned woman with silver hair and wearing a doctor uniform went over to check on Starlight Glimmer.

"Hello, Dr. Fauna." Starlight greeted. "Sunset Shimmer just caught another Pokémon."

"I wonder what Pokémon she caught this time." The woman, Dr. Fauna, added.

A Great Ball appeared, and brought out Snorlax. Needless to say, both ladies were shocked.

"Where did Sunset Shimmer catch a Snorlax from?" Dr. Fauna shouted.

"Man." Starlight gasped. "It's huge!!"

End of Chapter 8


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Hi, there. If you guessed that it was Honedge: The Sword Pokémon, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Pidgey
Pikachu
Bidoof
Ralts
Bulbasaur
Pancham

At the Sanctuary
Braixen
Snorlax

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Chespin
Fletchling
Squirtle

IZZY MOONBOW
Froakie
Kakuna
Ralts
Charmander


Author's Note:

Remember when Professor Oak was surprised when Ash captured Muk? That's where the ending of this chapter comes from.

PreviousChapters Next