• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Forest Trek

Sunset Shimmer came to the Kalos Region to start her journey. She just wants to prove to all disbelievers that she rose up from her days as a bully. Especially Luster Dawn, who is determined to show that, even after graduation, Sunset hasn't changed. Since arriving in Kalos, Sunset received a Fenniken as her starter. And, she caught a Pidgey. Soon, she got together with two other girls. Sunny Starscout with a Chespin, and Izzy Moonbow with a Froakie. Now, the three girls make their way to Santalune City. First, they'll need to get through Santalune Forest.

FOREST TREK

As the girls make their way through the forest, Sunny started to get nervous.

"What's wrong, Sunny?" Sunset asked with concern.

"I think it's these woods." Sunny replied. "Especially if it's crawling with bugs."

"Scared of bugs? Reminds me of my fashionista friend Rarity. She's not fond of bugs either."

"Calm down, Sunny." Izzy said. "These woods aren't that full of bugs."

"Oh no?" Sunny said. "These woods are full of Caterpies, Weedles, and..." She pointed to a black bug with a head a little bigger than it's head. "Those things!"

Sunset took out her Pokédex to learn about this insect.

Scatterbug, the Scatterdust Pokémon. The Pokédex said. When in danger, it spews a black powder to protect itself.

"It doesn't look that scary." Sunset figured. "It's not like it's a Spinarak, a Venipede, or a Scyther."

"Maybe not." Sunny replied. "But, I'm a little weary."

Izzy soon something else in the forest and got Sunny's attention. "This place isn't all buggy."

Sunny looked, and saw some colorful monkey type Pokémon. Some red, some blue , and some green. "Oh, Pansage, Panpour, and Pansear."

"You see." Sunset assured. "There's nothing to be scared of."

Just as Sunny was relaxing, a bunch of Metapod and Kakuna dropped down. They were still hanging. But, Sunny screamed with fear. She was starting to run.

"Sunny!" Izzy called out. "Come back!"

Sunny wasn't listening. She was running with fear. "Get away! Get away! GET AWAY!"

Just then, the silhouette of a girl with long hair threw a Poké Ball, then called out in a sweet and strong voice. "Caterpie, Use String Shot!"

Out popped a small green insect with a pink antenna that sprayed silk from it's small mouth. The silk soon wrapped around Sunny. When Sunset and Izzy found her, Sunny looked like a silk type mummy.

"Are you okay, Sunny?" Sunset asked.

"I think so." Sunny answered, calming down a little bit. "Where did this silk come from?"

The little bug that wrapped up Sunny came to the group. Sunset learned about this insect from her Pokédex.

Caterpie, the Worm Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. A good catch for beginner trainers. It repels enemies with a stink from it's antenna.

Sunset and Izzy moved Sunny so she's sitting rather than lying down. They were all amazed that this Caterpie can do this to Sunny.

"I wonder where this Caterpie came from." Izzy said.

The voice that commanded Caterpie answered that question. "From me."

They were soon met by a yellow skinned girl with flowing pink hair. She wore a light blue shirt, beige denim shorts, and brown boots. She then addressed one of the girls. "Hello, Sunset. It's good to see you again."


Pokémon Quiz

Sunset Shimmer here. In this list is Burmy, Grubbin, and Nincada. Which of these Bug Pokémon changes it's appearance depending on it's surroundings?


"Fluttershy!" Sunset gasped. "This is a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here?"

"I came to this forest to study the many Pokémon here when I heard screaming." Fluttershy explained.

"That was me." Sunny said. "Those cocoon Pokémon suddenly dropping freaked me out."

"Fluttershy," Sunset interrupted, " these are my traveling companions. Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow. Sunny is the one your Caterpie wrapped up."

"Fluttershy." Izzy said. "You're the nature lover of the group of friends Sunset hangs out with."

"I'm flattered that you know about me." Fluttershy giggled.

"Excuse me." Sunny interrupted. "When will this silk be removed from me?"

"Oops. Sorry. Since you've calmed down enough, I'll take care of this."

Later, Fluttershy took Sunset to another location while Sunny and Izzy try to relax.

"What are we doing here?" Sunset asked.

"Since you're catching Pokémon," Fluttershy replied, "I know of a certain one you'll be interested in."

Suddenly, grass was moving. When the girls saw what was coming out, Sunset was very happy. Meanwhile, Izzy was keeping Sunny calm when a yellow bug with a horn on its head crawled out.

"Look at that, Izzy." Sunny said. "It's a Weedle."

Taking out a brown book with a yellow number 1, Izzy looked up on this bug. "Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokémon. It's big red nose is good for sniffing around. Ready to attack with the large stinger on its head."

Quickly grabbing a Poké Ball, Izzy threw it at the Weedle. The ball opened and encases it. The Poké Ball shook a few times, then clicked.

"Oh my gosh!" Sunny gasped. "You caught the Weedle."

"How about that?" Izzy said. "And, I didn't have to battle it."

Later, the three friends were ready to leave the forest. Sunset talks with her fellow Rainboom.

"Won't you come along with us, Fluttershy?" Sunset asked.

"Thanks, Sunset." Fluttershy replied. "But, I need to study more about the Pokémon in this forest. Don't worry, though. We'll meet again."

Sunset and Fluttershy hugged each other. Then, they said goodbye to each other. As Sunset and her friends leave the forest, they saw a city in the distance.

"Wow!" Sunny cheered. "It's Santalune City!"

"Going through that forest wasn't easy." Izzy informed. "But, it helped us to get here."

"You're right, Izzy." Sunset said. "Now that I have some great Pokémon, it's time to train and win my first gym badge."

Sunset, Izzy, and Sunny soon were on their way to Santalune City. What was the Pokémon Sunset saw that made her smile, we'll find out in the future. Meanwhile, Luster Dawn and two other girls were watching from a distance. One was orange skinned with red hair. She wore a white T shirt, black shorts and black boots. The other girl was light blue skinned with shiny silver hair. She wore a green long sleeved shirt, lime green skirt, and white shoes.

"Sunset is heading to that city. Smolder and Ocelus, let's head over there and see what mischief she's up to."

End of Chapter 3


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, trainers. If you said that the bug in question is Burmy: The Bagworm Pokémon, you're right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Fenniken
Pidgey
?????

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Chespin
Fletching

IZZY MOONBOW
Froakie
Weedle


Author's Note:

I figured to have Sunset Shimmer get back together with Fluttershy. Since she, Izzy, and Sunny are in a forest.

PreviousChapters Next