• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,217 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,217

PreviousChapters Next
The Sirens Strike Again

After resting from ridding Laverre City's Poké Ball factory from the insidious Team Flare, Sunset Shimmer and her friends make their way to their next goal: Anistar City. They walk down Route 15.

"Are you sure about this, Sunset?" Izzy asked.

"Of course I'm sure of it." Sunset replied. "We need to make our way through Dendemille Town to reach Anistar City."

"I guess this is why we had to pack up some warmer clothes." Sunny figured. "Dendemille Town is next to a mountain. And, it gets a bit nippy around there."

Just then, they heard a nasty and familiar voice. "Hello, Shimmer."

Sunset turned around and saw who it was. It was a despicable trio she knows too well. "The Dazzlings."

THE SIRENS STRIKE AGAIN

"The Dazzlings?" Sunny gasped. "Aren't those the mean girls who try to take over your school, Sunset?"

"That's them." Sunset answered. "Using dark magic to manipulate dark feelings, Adagio Dazzle, Sonata Dusk, and Aria Blaze hope to hypnotize the whole school."

"I'm touched you remember that day, Sunset." Adagio said meanly.

"What are the three of you doing in Kalos?"

"We heard that you came here to be a Pokémon trainer. But, we think it's a lot of phooey."

"You're just running away from your past." Aria taunted. "You don't fool us."

The trio laughed at Sunset. This got the former bully angry. Adagio took out a Poké Ball and threw it. "Smear Sunset with Mud Slap!"

Out popped a rock with two clawed hands that have faces on it. It quickly threw mud as Sunset before Adagio recalled it.

"HEY!" Izzy yelled. "You can't use Pokémon to hurt people!"

"We do what we want!" Aria growled as she threw her own Poké Ball. "Strike this loser with Aqua Tail!"

Out pops a brown seaweed creature who hit Sunset with a whip of water. Aria recalled it quickly. The mean girls laughed viciously as Sonata steps up. "Now, it's my turn." She throws a Poké Ball. "Let her have it with Wing Attack!"

Out pops a seagull who's wings glowed before it hit Sunset hard. Sonata recalled her Pokémon.

"I think that'll teach you to learn your place." Adagio said, mocking her. "Let's go."

The trio of mean girls leave. Later, Sunset sat under a tree, tearing up. Izzy and Sunny got very concerned. They can't believe that Sunset's old enemies continue to mock her.

"Bunch of bullies!" Sunny said. "And, I thought Garble was a meanie."

Soon, a young green skinned girl with braided orange hair came walking by. She saw Sunset, and greeted her. "Sunset, my friend. How are you doing?"

Sunset looked at the girl. She soon recognized her. "Tree Hugger. I didn't expect you in Kalos."

The two friends hugged each other. Later, at a lodge she's staying at, Tree Hugger learns of this situation.

"So, the Dazzlings are still taunting you." Tree Hugger said. "Totally not cool."

"Yeah." Sunset replied sadly. "They even had Pokémon to hurt me. I felt helpless."

"That trio always like to strike at one's nerves." Tree Hugger has an idea. "Maybe a few yoga stretches can calm you down."

"You think so?"

"Totally. And, your two friends might like to join me too. I have mats for everyone."

Sunny is a little unsure. But, Izzy calmed her down. "Don't worry, Sunny. Tree Hugger is a calm soul. She'll make a great yoga guide."

Tree Hugger then got everybody's attention. "Let's get some sleep, my friends. Our yoga session will begin at dawn."


Pokémon Quiz

Sunset Shimmer back with you. Which Pokémon looks like a giant snowflake?


The sun rises, and the three friends were outside the lodge, doing yoga with Tree Hugger leading them. Sunset wore a blue long sleeve shirt and magenta 3/4 joggers with a white stripe on each side, Sunny has on a yellow short sleeve shirt and blue spandex shorts, and Izzy wore the outfit when the other girls met her.

"Follow my lead, girls." Tree Hugger said. "And, you'll be in your zen zone."

They stretch up in Tree pose. Sunny was a little unbalanced. But, she quickly recovered. In Downward Facing Dog, they look at things from a different point of view. Chair Pose has them feeling a burn.

"Chair Pose is good for the knees." Tree Hugger said.

"That's what Rainbow Dash tells me." Sunset replied.

After their workout, they sit on their mats cross legged while Tree Hugger sat in Lotus Pose.

"Do you feel a little better, Sunset?" Tree Hugger asked.

"Very much so." Sunset answered. "I thank you for the workout."

"It's my pleasure. Now, let's meditate."

The girls closed their eyes and focused on their breathing. Later, they all changed back into their regular clothes.

"I feel so much better." Sunny said happily. "Now, I know why you like doing yoga, Izzy."

Izzy couldn't help but smile. Suddenly, the Dazzlings came back to confront them.

"I thought you ran back home," Adagio said, "where you belong!"

"There's no way you're going to intimidate me, Adagio." Sunset replied.

Adagio took out a Poké Ball. "Let's crush this wimp!"

That double headed Pokémon came back out. This time, Sunset pulled out her Pokédex to study this Pokémon.

Binacle, the Two Handed Pokémon. The Pokédex said. They live as twins. Two on each rock.

Sunset summons one of her Pokémon. "You're up, Skidoo."

Skidoo pops out. Adagio acted quick. "Binacle, Fury Swipes!"

Binacle quickly scratches Skidoo. Sunset, however, isn't upset. "Let's do this, Skidoo. Use Razor Leaf!"

Skidoo launches a bunch of leaves at Binacle. Being a water and rock type, it got hit hard.

"Sonata!" Adagio yelled. "Take out this sheep!”

"My pleasure." Sonata replied.

She calls for the bird she had earlier. Sunset’s Pokédex gave out information. Wingull, the Seagull Pokémon. The fly above the water gracefully.

Sunny rushes over to join the fight. "Nobody outnumbers Sunset! Go, Mareep!"

Mareep comes out to help Sunset. But, Aria steps in. "This'll fix you!"

Aria's sea creature comes along. Sunset learned about this Pokémon.

Skrelp, the Mock Kelp Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. Skrelp often hides as seaweed.

Izzy stepped in and summoned her own Pokémon. "Come out, Kirlia!"

Kirlia came out to help Izzy. Adagio looked at the situation. As she recalled her Binacle, she realized that her intimidation plan won't work.

"Mareep," Sunny calls, "use Thundershock on Wingull!"

Mareep unleashed electricity on Wingull. Sonata got upset.

"Kirlia," Izzy said, "shower Skrelp with Magical Leaf."

Skrelp got bombarded with leaves. Adagio got worried. "Recall your Pokémon, and let's get out of here."

The Dazzlings recalled their Pokémon, and ran off. The girls watch them run off.

"Well," Sunset said, "let's hope they don't cause any more problems."

Tree Hugger notices something. "Hey, Sunny Starscout. Looks like Mareep is going to evolve."

Sunny saw Mareep glow. When the glowing stopped, Mareep became a pink sheep like creature with tufts of wool in a few places.

"Way to go, Mareep." Sunny praised. "You evolved into a Flaaffy!"

Sunset studies this new Pokémon. Flaaffy, the Wool Pokémon and the evolved form of Mareep. It's rubbery skin is safe to touch. Touching its wool may be shocking.

Sunset feels happy about this evolution as Tree Hugger talks to her. "It's nice to have friends to help you out. That Skidoo is so cool."

"Thanks." Sunset replied. "I had to send my Venusaur to the Pokémon Sanctuary in order to have Skidoo join me."

"You have a Venusaur? Awesome!"

With the Dazzlings out of the way for a while, Sunset can breath easily. Pretty soon, she and her friends will continue their trek to Dendemille Town.

End of Chapter 27


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you said that the giant snowflake is Cryogonal, the Crystalizing Pokémon, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Krokorok
Lucario
Goldeen
Skidoo

At the Sanctuary
Delphox
Bibarel
Kirlia
Venusaur
Pancham
Snorlax
Toxicroak
Crobat
Gabite

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Blastoise
Flaaffy

IZZY MOONBOW
Greninja
Beedrill
Kirlia
Charizard
Lapras


Author's Note:

Next chapter, I'm having the entire Mane 7 reunite.

PreviousChapters Next