• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Surprises along Route 7

As our chapter begins, Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow are engaged in a battle between a loving couple and their Furfrou.

"Furfrou," The woman said, "use Headbutt on Chespin!"

The Furfrou rushed into battle until Sunny reacted. "Chespin, use Vine Whip to jump!"

Chespin uses his Vine Whip to avoid the charging Furfrou. Sunny gives out another command. "Now, use Leech Seed to drain his energy."

The man reacted to that situation. "Furfrou, stop Chespin with Sand Attack."

Izzy quickly reacted. "Froakie, use Lick!"

Froakie used its tongue on the attacking Furfrou. This paralyzed him while the other Furfrou was drained by Leech Seed.

"Okay, Froakie." Izzy said to her Bubble Frog Pokémon. "Unleash Water Pulse on both of them!"

Froakie fired a stream of water one of the Furfrou which knocked into the other, then they were both knocked out.

"That's some Water Pulse." The man cheered. "You girls are okay with us."

The woman agreed as she helps the pair of Furfrou. "You two displayed some pretty impressive teamwork."

Sunny and Izzy were very happy with this victory. Suddenly, their Chespin and Froakie started to glow. The girls know what that means.

SURPRISES ALONG ROUTE 7

"Sunset will be proud of us." Izzy said.

"What happened to Sunset?" Sunny asked.

"I heard she's along here at Route 7. Probably training or catching more Pokémon."

Soon they saw Sunset and Pidgey battling a frog like creature.

"Check it out." Sunny pointed out. "Sunset is battling a Croagunk."

Taking out a brown book with a purple '4' on it, Izzy looked up the Pokémon. "Croagunk, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon. When this Pokémon starts croaking, opponents become weary of its poison attack."

"Okay, Pidgey." Sunset said. "Use Gust!"

Pidgey flaps it's wings to weaken Croagunk. Sunset quickly throws a Poké Ball, and it absorbed Croagunk. The ball clicked, and it soon vanished.

"There's another Pokémon for Starlight to study." Sunset proudly said.

Her two friends applauded her victory.

"Great catch, Sunset." Izzy cheered.

Sunset felt happy until Sunny got her attention. "Check out Pidgey."

Pidgey glowed and started to get bigger. Soon, a bigger version of Pidgey appeared. It even has red hair like feathers on its head.

"All right!" Sunset cheered as she pulled out her Pokédex. "Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto."

Pidgeotto, the Bird Pokémon and the evolved form of Pidgey. Said the Pokédex. Very protective of its territory, this Pokémon fights off intruders with its sharp claws

"That's not the only evolution today." Sunny informed as she and Izzy hold up their Poké Balls.

They called for their Pokémon. Sunny summoned a bigger version of Chespin while Izzy brought out a big blue frog. Sunset pointed her Pokédex at the Spiny Pokémon first.

Quilladin, the Spiny Armor Pokémon and the evolved form of Chespin. The Pokédex said. Despite being tough looking, it has a kind nature.

Sunset then learns of the blue frog. Frogadier, the Bubble Frog Pokémon and the evolved form of Froakie. Swift and balanced, this Pokémon jumps and climbs well.

"When did they evolve?" Sunset asked.

"We battled a couple who each had a Furfrou." Sunny replied. "They were impressed with our teamwork."

Then, they heard a tough sounding voice. "Hey! Sunset Shimmer!"

The three turned and spotted a grayish blue skinned girl with white hair. She wore a yellow T shirt and blue bib overall shorts and brown boots.

"Limestone Pie?" Sunset gasped.

"That's me." Limestone replied. "Good to see you."

"What are you doing here?"

"I brought Pinkie here because two Pokémon my mom and Dad left were compatible. So, Pinkie is given an egg. Follow me."

The three girls follow Limestone to a Pokémon breeding center where Pinkie is cuddling a grayish green egg.

"Hey, sis." Limestone called out. "Look who I ran into."

Pinkie saw Sunset and waved to her. "Hi, Sunset."

"Hello, Pinkie Pie." Sunset greeted. "Adopting a Pokémon?"

"You bet. I can’t wait to see what this egg will hatch into. So, what are you up to?"

"Me and my friends here are on our way to Cyllage City so I can have my second gym battle."

"Wowee! So that means you already won the battle at Santalune City."

Limestone soon gave Sunset new info. "You know, your elegant friend, Rarity, is along this route too. I'm sure she'd like to see you again."

Sunset was surprised to hear this news. "I wonder what she's up to."


Pokémon Quiz

It's me. Sunset Shimmer. We have Barbacle, Horsea, and Mantine. Which of these Water types is known as the Dragon Pokémon?


As Sunset and company walk along Route 7, they come along a huge white building.

" I wonder what this place is." Sunny wondered.

"That's the Battle Chateau." Said the voice of an elegant woman. "It's where nobility and Pokémon interact."

They soon met a white skinned woman with deep blue hair. She wore a yellow blazer over a red shirt, a long orange skirt and red shoes.

"Hello, Sunset." The woman greeted. "Wonderful to see you again."

"Rarity!" Sunset gasped. "You're looking good."

The two friends hugged each other happily.

"What are you up to?" Sunset asked.

"I've come to observe the Battle Chateau." Rarity explained. "I find it very intriguing."

Rarity then looked at Sunset's two friends. "You must be Izzy Moonbow and Sunny Starscout. Some of my friends told me about you two."

"Did someone like Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie tell you about us?" Sunny asked.

"Indeed, darlings. We still keep in touch."

The group of friends entered the Battle Chateau. They were impressed with the decor. And, impressed with the people battling with their Pokémon.

"Unbelievable." Izzy said proudly. "Even classy people have Pokémon battles."

Two people familiar came in to greet Sunset Shimmer. They are Jet Set and Upper Crust. Nobility of Canterlot City.

"Sunset, dear." Upper Crust greeted. "It's been a while."

"Jet Set and Upper Crust?" Sunset gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"We've come to explore the Battle Chateau."

"My wife and I heard of this place." Jet Set explained. "We find this place very quaint. If we had some Pokémon, we'd take part around here."

Rarity soon got Sunny's attention. "How about a display of Pokémon moves."

"You have a Pokémon?" Sunset asked.

"I have indeed." Rarity soon threw a Poké Ball. "Have a look."

The ball opens, and out pops a pink kitten with an unusual tail.

"It's a Skitty." Sunny cooed as Sunset gets her Pokédex.

Skitty, the Kitten Pokémon. The Pokédex informed. Skitty chases anything, including its own tail.

Sunny then calls for her Fletchling. Jet Set watches with interest. "This should be interesting."

"Fletchling," Sunny said, "Let's start with Peck."

Fletchling's beak glowed as it dives after Skitty. Rarity quickly reacted. "Skitty, counterattack with Doubleslap!"

Skitty avoided the Peck attack and used its tail to slap Fletchling around. Sunny started to get nervous.

"Now then, Skitty." Rarity said, "Use Disarming Voice."

Skitty sang loudly. But, Fletchling recovered enough to avoid the attack. The girls decided to stop the battle.

"Your Skitty is deceitfully strong." Sunny praised.

"Thank you, darling." Rarity replied. "Your Fletchling is just as impressive."

Just then, Fletching glowed. Then, it started to grow. When the glowing stopped, a bigger red bird with black wings stood proudly.

"Bravo, young lady." Jet Set applauded. "Your Fletchling has evolved into a magnificent Fletchinder."

Sunset checked out Fletchinder as the Pokédex speaks. Fletchinder, the Ember Pokémon and the evolved form of Fletchling. This Pokémon has a flaming beak that helps it to attack or roast food.

Sunny look at her evolved Pokémon, and is very happy. "Congratulations, Fletchinder."

Fletchinder squawked happily. Later, the girls were all outside as Rarity gives Sunset some information. "I heard that to get to Cyllage City, you need to pass through Ambrette Town."

Sunset looked at her electronic map. "So, we need to get through Connecting Cave, then through Route 8."

Sunset, Izzy, and Sunny started walking to their next destination. Rarity looked at the Battle Chateau, then had a thought. "Perhaps I should catch some more Pokémon, then participate myself. Even elegant people can be Pokémon trainers. Besides, my Skitty can use some playmates."

End of Chapter 9


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, trainers. If you said that the answer is Horsea, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Bidoof
Ralts
Bulbasaur
Pancham

At the Sanctuary
Braixen
Snorlax
Croagunk

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Squirtle

IZZY MOONBOW
Frogadier
Kakuna
Ralts
Charmander


Author's Note:

Route 7 has a Pokémon Breeding Center and the Battle Chateau. So, I figured that Pinkie and Rarity fit in nicely.

PreviousChapters Next