• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,216 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,216

PreviousChapters Next
Bring Back the Power

Author's Note:

Sunset and her friends are ready to face Team Flare in the Power Plant.

Inside the Pokémon Center in Coumarine City, Sunset Shimmer talks to Dr. Fauna and Starlight Glimmer.

"Thanks for you help, guys." Sunset said.

"We're glad to help, Sunset." Dr. Fauna said. "Are you sure the Pokémon you have will help you out?"

"Dr. Fauna is right." Starlight added. "If what Sprout Cloverleaf said is true, those villains of Team Flare mean business."

"I dealt with Flare grunts back in the cave near Ambrette Town." Sunset said. "Besides, I have my friends with me."

"That's true. Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow have been helpful to you. Well, good luck."

"Thanks, Starlight."

As soon as she hung up, she went outside where Izzy and Sunny were waiting.

"Ready, guys?" Sunset asked.

"More than ready." Sunny answered.

"Oh yeah." Izzy added.

Sunset soon looked ahead. "Next stop, the Power Plant at Route 13. And, our mission to remove Team Flare!"

BRING BACK THE POWER

The girls went to the desert in Route 13. Then, they saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon with Skiploom with them.

"Hey, Diamond!" Sunset called out. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Hi, Sunset." Diamond Tiara said. "Silver thought she saw something around here."

"DT is right." Silver added. "I thought I saw a Pokémon and I called for Skiploom to help out."

Suddenly, a hole showed up in the sand near Silver. She got scared, and an empty Poké Ball fell out of her backpack and landed in the hole. The ball suddenly shook, then clicked.

"What happened?" Sunny asked.

"I think Silver caught a Pokémon." Diamond figured.

Silver picked up the Poké Ball and got confused. "I did? Let's check it out."

Silver threw the ball up, and out popped an orange creature that has a bear trap type mouth.

"That's a Trapinch, the Ant Pit Pokémon." Izzy noticed as Sunset pulled out her Pokédex.

Trapinch, the Ant Pit Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It digs a hole and waits to snare its prey with its big jaws.

"Wow!" Silver cheered. "This is great."

"So, what are you doing here, Sunset?" Diamond asked.

"We're heading for the Power Plant to defeat the infamous Team Flare." Sunset replied.

"Those goons in the red suits? I thought I saw one by the front gate."

Getting the idea, Sunset and her friends head for the front gate. The guard saw them and unleashed a black and grey wolf type creature.

"Uh oh." Sunset gasped as she took out her Pokédex. "That's a Mightyena."

Mightyena, the Bite Pokémon. The Pokédex said. These Pokémon run together in packs.

"You brats ain't going nowhere." Said the Flare grunt. "Mightyena, get ready to attack!"

Suddenly, a charge of lightning struck Mightyena. He bumped into his trainer, who dropped a card that Sunset picked up.

"This looks like a key card for the Power Plant." Sunset figured.

"But, where did that electrical attack come from?" Izzy wondered.

Just then, a floating steel orb with magnets on either side showed up. Sunset decided to study this Pokémon.

Magnemite, the Magnet Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. It can float in the air by way of electromagnetic waves.

Sunset then saw Luster Dawn looking at the scene.

"Get going, Sunset." Luster calls out. "Me and Magnemite will keep this goon covered."

A little confused, Sunset uses the card to get in the Power Plant. Soon, she and her friends are ready for battle.


Pokémon Quiz

Hi. Sunset Shimmer here. Which Pokémon from Alola is a red, muscular insect type Ultra Beast?


Inside the building, the girls walk around cautiously. They were soon confronted by a female grunt who unleashed a giant purple blob. Sunset took out her Pokédex to learn about this Pokémon.

Swalot, the Poison Bag Pokémon and the evolved form of Gulpin. The Pokédex said. Swalot's mouth is so big, it can gulp down a car tire.

"I know how to handle this." Sunset said as she takes out a Poké Ball. "Gible, I choose you!"

Out pops a gray shark like creature. Izzy pulls out a book labeled Volume 4 and reads an entry. "Gible, the Land Shark Pokémon. If you see a dorsal fin on the ground, it could mean that a Gible is coming."

"What can this little runt do?" The grunt mocked. "Swalot, Sludge Bomb!"

Swalot spit up blobs of poison. Sunset reacted. "Dodge them, Gible. Then, use Dragon Claw!"

Dodging the sludge, Gible's arm glows as it struck Swalot. With the poison Pokémon dizzy, Sunset and company zipped away. The girls zip on, battling grunts along the way. Their Pokémon help them clearing the way. Then, they found the control center where a female member of Team Flare was working. She has short red hair and wears full sunglasses. She soon sees the girls.

"Nice of you girls to join me." The woman said. "I am Aliana. And. I am one of Team Flare's scientists."

"Your terror ends here!" Sunset announced. "I'm putting a stop to whatever you're doing."

"As if that's going to happen." Aliana throws a Poké Ball. "Crush her, Mightyena!"

Mightyena pops out and snarls at Sunset. Izzy and Sunny got a little worried. But, Sunset readies herself. "Lucario, I choose you!"

Lucario pops out and is ready for battle. Sunset raises her hand with her special bracelet. And, she begins to chant. "The bond between Pokémon and trainer is always to be special." She touches her keystone. "Now, my faithful fighter." She raises her glowing bracelet. "MEGA EVOLVE!"

Lucario starts to glow. Soon, he emerges with a big furry tail, spikes on his hands and feet, and longer hair in the back. Everybody was surprised to see this. Sunset looked worried at Lucario's new form. But, he looks at her and gives her a trusting smile.

"Whatever happened," Aliana said, "it won't help you. Mightyena, Bite!"

Mightyena is ready to clamp onto Lucario. Sunset quickly reacts. "Lucario, use Force Palm!"

Lucario lands a palm hard onto Mightyena. The Bite Pokémon was hit hard. Aliana recalled her Mightyena, knowing it didn't win.

"I must say, you're an interesting young lady." Aliana realized. "Team Flare will pull out for now. We'll meet again."

The villains retreated from the Power Plant. The workers were happy to run the station again. One thing bothered Sunny and Izzy.

"One question, Sunset." Sunny asked. "How did you get that Gible?"

Sunset explained her actions. "After hearing about Team Flare invading this place, I decided to so some training. But, just as I was going to head for Route 13...

Flashback

Sunset was heading outside when she encountered Suni and Dexio.

"Good to see you again, Sunset." Suni greeted. "We were sent by Professor Sycamore to head for Lumiose City."

"Unfortunately," Dexio continued, "the gates to Lumiose City were shut down due to a lack of power to the city. We suspect Team Flare was behind this."

"That's what Sprout Cloverleaf told me." Sunset replied.

"Anyway," Suni said, "we have Central Kalos and Costal Kalos. Next, is Mountain Kalos."

"So, it's time to update your Pokédex again." Dexio said.

End of Flashback

"So, after they updated my Pokédex," Sunset continued as they left the Power Plant, "I checked around here for a ground Pokémon. That's how I found Gible."

"That's so cool." Sunny praised. "That could be very helpful to you since the power is back at Lumiose City."

"For now," Izzy said, "let's head back to Coumarine City so we and our Pokémon can rest. Tomorrow, Next stop...."

"Lumiose City." Sunset finished.

"And, gym battle number five." Sunny added.

As the trio of friends head for the Pokémon Center, Luster Dawn and Magnemite watch them.

"Time for me and my friends to meet up with Sunset." Luster said. "This time, no explosive tempers."

End of Chapter 19


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, trainers. If you said that the Ultra Beast is Buzzwole: The Swollen Pokémon, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Braixen
Golbat
Sandile
Croagunk
Lucario
Gible

At the Sanctuary
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Bibarel
Kirlia
Ivysaur
Pancham
Snorlax
Skidoo

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Wartortle
Mareep

IZZY MOONBOW
Frogadier
Beedrill
Kirlia
Charmeleon
Lapras


PreviousChapters Next