• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,217 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,217

PreviousChapters Next
Welcome Back to Canterlot City

One a beautiful day, an airplane was peacefully flying in the sky. On board, many people enjoy the flight. Among them is Sunset Shimmer. It was about six months ago when she took a flight to Kalos. She went there to prove that her dark past is behind her. Now, she returns to her home for a big celebration. Sunset defeated Diantha to become the champion of the Kalos Region.

"Mommy." A little boy said. "I see land down there."

Sunset looked down, and saw what the kid sees. "Ah. Canterlot City. Home sweet home."

WELCOME BACK TO CANTERLOT CITY

As soon as the plane landed, Sunset went to the gate. Just then, her friends came out cheering as Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy held up a banner reading. "Welcome Home, Kalos Champion". She was then hit with a blast from Pinkie Pie's confetti cannon.

"Welcome home, Sunset." Rainbow Dash cheered.

"When did you guys come here from Kalos?" Sunset asked.

"Hours after the event was over." Twilight replied. "I studied the airport schedule. And, decided the best time to head home."

"Now that you're home," Pinkie said, " we're preparing a party to commemorate your victory."

Sunset giggled, knowing Pinkie is doing what she does best. "Where's the party going to be?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Rich's house. I'll let you know when to show up."

"Thanks."

As Sunset enjoys being back at home, she decides to stop by Canterlot High School, just to remember how her life has changed. She then heard a familiar voice. "Hey, Sunset."

Sunset turned and saw Twilight standing next to a tree. Difference is, this Twilight has her hair down and doesn't have glasses on.

"Princess Twilight?" Sunset gasped.

"In person." Said the Princess of Friendship.

"What are you doing here from Equestria?"

"I came to congratulate you for your quest into the Kalos Region."

Sunset raised an eyebrow. "Say what?"

"My human counterpart has been keeping contact with a journal I gave her." Princess Twilight explained. "She has been following your progress and kept me up-to-date. I've been fascinated about the world of Pokémon. I also learned of a ninth Region discovered."

"A ninth region?" Sunset gasped. "Wow."

Pretty soon, human Twilight came over. "There you are, Sunset. Rarity has an outfit picked out for you."

"Coming." Sunset replied. "See you, Princess."

"Okay, Sunset." The princess replied. "Nice seeing you again, Sci-Twi."

As Princess Twilight went through the portal at the base of the statue, Human Twilight giggled. "Sci-Twi. That's cute."

Inside the Rich mansion, the party is going well. DJ Pon-3 supplied the music. Banners decorate the mansion with pictures of the six Pokémon that helped Sunset become champion. Sunset, the guest of honor, wore a blue long sleeve shirt, long navy blue skirt, and bright red shoes. She was talking with her former principal, Celestia.

"Luna and I saw that battle." Principal Celestia said. "You were great!"

"Thanks, Principal Celestia." Sunset replied as she sips some apple juice provided by the Apple Family. "It was a good idea to recommend me to be a Pokémon trainer."

"You're welcome. And, I have a surprise for you."

She motions somebody to come. When Sunset saw who it is, she was shocked. "Sunny! Izzy!"

It was indeed Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow. They were invited to join the party.

"Did you miss us?" Sunny asked.

Sunset hugged them both. "I sure did."

Meanwhile, Vice Principal Luna talked to Twilight and her friends.

"I can't believe that Miss Harshwhinny started this propaganda." Rainbow Dash barked.

"Believe it, Dashie." Rarity replied. "It's true."

Luna chimed in. "For a long time, Miss Harshwhinny has been looking for a way to disgrace Sunset Shimmer because of her past."

"She interfered with me and Fluttershy rehabilitating Garble and his friends." Twilight added. "In no time, she got them to be brutal bullies again."

"And, we were making good progress too." Fluttershy said sadly.

"It makes sense." Applejack said. "Harshwhinny influenced Garble to become brutal again. Then, she had him influence others to try to hurt Sunset. Even if it means to follow her to Kalos."

"Harshwhinny is always a party pooper." Pinkie said while munching on chocolate covered pretzels.

As Sunset Shimmer, Izzy, and Sunny posed for a picture taken by Photo Finish, Sprout Cloverleaf rushed into the place.

"Sorry, Sunset." Spoiled Rich said nervously. "This young man said he wants to talk to you."

Sunset looked at Sprout. He had a worried look. "What's the matter, Sprout?"

"Sorry to interrupt the party." Sprout said nervously. "That mean Miss Harshwhinny is in the backyard, lashing out on Garble and his boys. She's also blowing up on her associates from Crystal Prep."

This got Sunset very surprised. "What?!"


Pokémon Quiz

Hello, everybody. Sunset Shimmer here. Which Pokémon was rough on Ash Ketchum at first, but would eventually be Ash's best friend?


In the backyard, Miss Harshwhinny is looking at Garble, Clump, Flume, and the five girls of Crystal Prep. She was very angry and is yelling at them.

"Losers!" Harshwhinny yelled.

"Sorry." The eight people said together.

"Choke artists!"

“Sorry again.”

"Wait until I have you come to my office! You're all going to pay for failing in your mission!”

She stomps on Flume's foot, and he cried in pain. The others were getting nervous as Sunset comes in, followed by her friends.

"I hired you fools to help me disgrace that She-Demon." Harshwhinny shouted. "I do not tolerate failure!"

"Why do you take it from this hothead?" Sunset asked.

"Because, she's ruthless." Lemon Zest answered.

"She's a monster." Indigo Zap added.

"And, she makes me and my boys look like boy scouts." Garble said nervously.

Then, Clump spoke up. "I know that I'm not that smart. But, I have a thought."

"What's that, Clump?" Flume asked.

"There's one of Miss Harshwhinny, three of us, and five of these Crystal Prep dames."

"So, what's your point?" Garble asked.

"Together, we and these girls outnumber Harshwhinny eight to one. I'd say the odds are in OUR favor."

The girls and boys realized that Clump is right. They all got together. "YEAH!"

Seeing them coming at her, Harshwhinny got nervous. "What are you doing?"

Flume and Sugarcoat grabbed Harshwhinny and put her in a clean trash can. They place her in a wheelbarrow where Garble rolled her into a hill going down. The wheelbarrow struck on a pike of bricks, causing Harshwhinny to fall into a soft bush. She slid out of can, which landed where she can just crawl out.

"Oh my." Harshwhinny moaned. "Now, I know what it's like to be part of the Infamous Jackass gang."

Everybody cheered as Sunset turns to Harshwhinny's former soldiers. "Had it on you all along. Didn't you?"

The eight people were happy that this nightmare is over. Just then, Abacus Cinch arrives.

"What do you want?" Sunset asked.

"I've come to talk to Twilight and my other girls." Abacus answered.

"I'm not associated with you. Remember?" Twilight huffed.

"I know that. I'm here with some news. When you girls graduate from college. There will be openings at Crystal Prep for teachers. Once you get your degrees, you can sign up."

"No joke?" Sunny Flare asked.

"No joke. And, I promise, I will not be heartless to anybody."

Twilight was happy to hear that. Garble then asked for a favor to Sunset.

"Can we ask you for a favor, Sunset?" Garble said honorably. "Me and my boys don't want to go back to being brutes and bullies."

"Thinking back," Flume added, "it wasn't so glamorous at all. You know that by experience. That life style stinks!"

"I was wondering." Clump said. "Is there a way for us to learn about Pokémon like you did?"

Sunset thought about their asking. Then, she gave an answer. "If you promise to let Twilight and Fluttershy continue their rehabilitation program, I'll talk to Principal Celestia about educating you about Pokémon."

Garble answered her request. "It's a deal."

Sunset and Garble shook hands in friendship. Later, Sunset was back in her apartment. Her shelves are decorated with her eight gym badges and victory trophy. Suddenly, she heard a knock at her door. She answered the knock, and it was Fluttershy.

"What's up, Fluttershy?" Sunset asked. "I was just getting ready for bed."

"I'm sorry for coming this late." Fluttershy replied. "Starlight Glimmer asked me to deliver this."

It turned out to be a Poké Ball. She was told that the Pokémon inside is not one of her big ones. She tossed it up, and out popped Pikachu, who was happy to see her.

"Pikachu!" Sunset squealed with joy. "What are you doing here?"

"Starlight transfered Pikachu to me." Fluttershy explained. "I think it wants to spend the night with you."

Sunset started cuddling her little friend. "Of course you can stay with me. But, only for tonight. Then it's back to the Sanctuary in the morning. Deal?"

Pikachu nodded. Fluttershy then had a thought. "What happened to Luster Dawn?"

"Luster’s parents are sending her to the Alola Region." Sunset answered. "They figured her own Pokémon journey would help her understand what it takes to be a trainer."

"I have a feeling that she'll have a good experience. Good night."

Fluttershy heads for home. Sunset takes Pikachu to her loft. After Pikachu got comfortable on a spare cushion, Sunset placed the Poké Ball in her night table so it won't get lost. She turned off the light, and they both went to sleep. And, this marks the end of...

Sunset Shimmer's Journey through Kalos.

THE END


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you said that Ash’s best friend is Pikachu: The Mouse Pokémon, you’re right.


Author's Note:

I want to thank everybody for enjoying this story. And, for figuring out my Pokémon Quiz.

PreviousChapters Next